Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:51:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 232404 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #260 on: August 24, 2015, 03:33:46 PM »

Both camps have been eerily quiet since this news broke, and continues to light up music news sites. Usually, when GNR stories run wild like this, someone would come forward by now to either deny or put things into context....But nada so far.

Since pretty much every article I've read so far entertains the notion of a "reunion", this is pretty surprising, since in past years that bugged the shit out of Axl/TB, and has been squashed fairly quickly.

Hmm.....
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #261 on: August 24, 2015, 03:38:14 PM »

I wouldn't say this is 100% confirmed yet but gee I hope it is. The absolute comedic value in watching those who HAVE constantly bashed Slash for years and years and will now do a complete about face will be hilarious.

Oh, big time.

I don't know what to make of this though.

Seems like whenever something like happens, people get all worked up in a lather.  Then word comes back that nothing has changed and he's confused people are still unclear on that.

It's clear though there are some elements (such as Team Brazil and others whom I won't name) that will do whatver they can do to ensure any renewed relationship between Axl and Slash is killed. Too many people on the internet and in Team Brazil's payroll profit from the original band never reuniting.
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #262 on: August 24, 2015, 03:39:26 PM »

Well, the same goes for a lot of people who are suddenly "supporting" GN'R again.

The fact remains, no matter how friendly they are, doesn't change anything said or done in the past.
So all those people who think it's funny that people "who bashed Slash" will change their opinion, maybe they will, maybe they won't. 

I know some people actually stand behind their words and opinions instead of flip flopping. Smiley

/jarmo

And I'm sure "certain people" Wink will do their best to make sure Axl's heart stays stuck in the past and full of distrust of Slash cause otherwise the party passes might stop, eh? Wink
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #263 on: August 24, 2015, 03:41:21 PM »

I see Slash uploading a lot of pics on his instagram account. Or he?s waiting for something from the GNR camp or he?s laughing of us and doesn?t give a fuck anymore about this shit. He?s sucessful, have 2 beautiful kids, a great band a a gorgeous girlfriend, is travelling the world every week and making tons of money. I would not give a shit if it was me.

ajajajajaaj y axl says ?

hihi hihi hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #264 on: August 24, 2015, 03:41:44 PM »

Both camps have been eerily quiet since this news broke, and continues to light up music news sites. Usually, when GNR stories run wild like this, someone would come forward by now to either deny or put things into context....But nada so far.

Since pretty much every article I've read so far entertains the notion of a "reunion", this is pretty surprising, since in past years that bugged the shit out of Axl/TB, and has been squashed fairly quickly.

Hmm.....

One of the things Slash is really good at is marketing his brand. He has turned himself into a brand.  

DJ, was also very good at this and very good at promoting guns.  

With the loss of DJ and if there is a chance Slash may be back. From just a pure promotion and marketing side, it will only be good for the band
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #265 on: August 24, 2015, 03:44:19 PM »

I wouldn't say this is 100% confirmed yet but gee I hope it is. The absolute comedic value in watching those who HAVE constantly bashed Slash for years and years and will now do a complete about face will be hilarious.

Oh, big time.

I don't know what to make of this though.

Seems like whenever something like happens, people get all worked up in a lather.  Then word comes back that nothing has changed and he's confused people are still unclear on that.

It's clear though there are some elements (such as Team Brazil and others whom I won't name) that will do whatver they can do to ensure any renewed relationship between Axl and Slash is killed. Too many people on the internet and in Team Brazil's payroll profit from the original band never reuniting.

The band members do not have to share Axls management

Even back in the day the boys had separate managers

I don't see how Axls current management would ever try to prevent a reunion.   You would think the more money Axl makes.  The more they do.  And I am pretty sure they will play ball with what ever Axls wants
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #266 on: August 24, 2015, 03:52:34 PM »

Maybe we'll get to hear from Axl after this at least... Even if it's only a confirmation or denial.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: August 24, 2015, 04:23:36 PM »

I've been calling this since Slash got his divorce...  I don't know why, just a feeling.  Also I saw Del James posting some Slash era videos and some others around GNR posting pictures of Slash...  But this is me just reading tea leaves...  This is the first time in over a decade that I felt this close to it happening, not even the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame made me think it was this close.  Fingers crossed.  

For me personally, reading Duff's newest book I got the sense that this was in the wind.  Much of Duff's book "How to be a Man" revolved around mending relationships and letting things go.  While he's clearly always been cool with the other guys, I had the notion that after he joined Axl on stage in Europe that they had put all of the negativity behind them.  However after reading the book, it seems like that didn't really happen until the South American dates.  With Duff and Axl back on good terms, it seemed inevitable that the Slash question would come up between them.  With Duff being as diplomatic and put together as he seems to be, it would stand to reason that not only could he broker an understanding but that he would.  I have no idea what might come from a renewed relationship between these three, but at very least, I think that it could mend some old wounds and lead to better things for them all as individuals.  Not carrying the burden of a past life you want to forget has to be refreshing and perhaps allow them individually or collectively create even better music. I wouldn't say that I expect an album and a tour etc etc, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least to hear of a few special guests at the Hollywood Vampires show on 9/16.  That would go along with how these guys have all operated since the illusions tour.  Just my (first) 2 cents.

Good point about the book, I kind of got that as well.  Also, Duff recording with Izzy is a good sign as well even though it's for Duff's record.  Also, Duff's oldest graduating school and another not far behind, he may have the time needed to put in to Guns...
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #268 on: August 24, 2015, 05:20:48 PM »

Think about the story behind hiring Ron, everything was working towards getting him in the fold and it blew up when he brought it up in the media.

Good example of what I meant.

I'd say considering the time line, it is amazing this wasn't made public months ago.  Let's face it, a lot of people have known about this for months.  It was bound to come out sooner or later.  I am happy for both of them.  The can both continue with their separate projects too.  

Really? It's been public knowledge for months?

/jarmo

People have known about it for months.  Not the general public. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 05:29:15 PM by Siamese Democracy » Logged
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #269 on: August 24, 2015, 05:31:17 PM »

Adz, CherryGarcia....aka drivin that train high on cocaine....is clueless....as is Oscar22....are they the same person?

Yep, I am game for stirring up some shit.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #270 on: August 24, 2015, 05:54:48 PM »

Excelent Strategy Of Marketing of Slash For New Tour, New Disc, etc, etc

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #271 on: August 24, 2015, 06:11:58 PM »

You really are clueless and will believe any bullshit your mind creates.
I suggest you stop these baseless insults ASAP.

Don't you think it would be good for the band's management if they had one less issue to "worry" about? Such as this feud?
No? Of course not, it makes sense to you because you read the Internet.

And I'm sure "certain people" Wink will do their best to make sure Axl's heart stays stuck in the past and full of distrust of Slash cause otherwise the party passes might stop, eh? Wink

I'll play along.

What is a party pass? I'm curious to know from someone like you who obviously has it all figured out.

By the way, maybe your bullshit insults are welcome on other sites, here they are not.
Last warning.

I'm not even sure how legal making that kind of accusations are.

Edited to add: It's nice to see some peoples' true colors in this thread. If your post was removed and you feel like whining about it, too fucking bad.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 06:17:39 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #272 on: August 24, 2015, 06:19:06 PM »

I don't inow if you realize this, CherryGarcia, but you just accused someone of a crime (blackmail, emotional or not, for the purpose of monetary gain, is illegal).  And you did it based, seemingly, on a statement that can very easily be interpreted as "i just couldn't watch someone i care about go through this anymore".

I doubt there will be much in the way of ramifications...but i'd tread a bit more lightly. Defamation/libel isn't somethng a lot of people take lightly, even on an internet forum.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 06:25:16 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
EvilSmurf
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #273 on: August 24, 2015, 06:23:25 PM »

With the loss of DJ and if there is a chance Slash may be back. From just a pure promotion and marketing side, it will only be good for the band

Understatement of the year.
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #274 on: August 24, 2015, 07:09:01 PM »

The Argentine businessman JOS? PALAZZO , who produced the shows of the latest version of GUNS N 'ROSES in the city of Cordoba in 2011 as well as the SLASH with his band MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATOS in the same region in 2012 , said in his Twitter account lead singer W. Axl Rose and his former guitarist will meet in 2016....

Of course, such a statement has no official NOTHING and should be digested with all the caution of the world, especially in the heat of recent events [ Slash admitted - but not saying - which is on good terms with Rose again , two employees of the last training outside band , etc. ] .

When another Twitter user asked him if he was making an impression or a statement, Palazzo was categorical : ' I say .

https://twitter.com/josedpalazzo
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 07:10:36 PM by Slashrose » Logged
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #275 on: August 24, 2015, 07:21:05 PM »

I believe the next guy to leave the band will be tommy stinson
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #276 on: August 24, 2015, 07:26:44 PM »

The second that happens, you have to start taking this seriously.  Probably not before though.

Though he could be out now for all we know.  What is this band right now anyway?  And who is checking in with Tommy Stinson on the regular?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #277 on: August 24, 2015, 07:31:36 PM »

You really are clueless and will believe any bullshit your mind creates.
I suggest you stop these baseless insults ASAP.

Don't you think it would be good for the band's management if they had one less issue to "worry" about? Such as this feud?
No? Of course not, it makes sense to you because you read the Internet.

I'll play along.

What is a party pass? I'm curious to know from someone like you who obviously has it all figured out.

By the way, maybe your bullshit insults are welcome on other sites, here they are not.
Last warning.

I'm not even sure how legal making that kind of accusations are.

Edited to add: It's nice to see some peoples' true colors in this thread. If your post was removed and you feel like whining about it, too fucking bad.

/jarmo

I would love to see a thread of all the repeated posts on here from over the years.  Would make for a good laugh over a vodka or two.  In fact I am pretty sure a couple of my posts would be in there, after I have had a vodka or two hahaha
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #278 on: August 24, 2015, 07:31:54 PM »

The second that happens, you have to start taking this seriously.  Probably not before though.

Though he could be out now for all we know.  What is this band right now anyway?  And who is checking in with Tommy Stinson on the regular?

rumors have never been so strong as now, eddie trunk said something earlier this year on negotiations involving a possible reunion of the former band , if it happens will be the largest gathering ever . Rock deserves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6eS9E2IVWA
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #279 on: August 24, 2015, 07:33:31 PM »

I'd take Robin back over $lash any day of the week but if they are friends again so be it.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: