Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:42:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 232384 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #240 on: August 24, 2015, 11:32:38 AM »

I still don't understand how sharing a fact about your relationship with a former friend and band member is a bad idea. are you saying because then people will start talking about a reunion? I guess I just don't see that as being an awful consequence, but let me know if there is something else behind your comment.

People talk about a reunion all the time anyway. and that is not a bad thing - it keeps both Slash and Axl in the news. 

Just my opinion that sometimes people talk too soon, things get taken out of context, blown up and whatever.

Let's say for conversation's sake that you are trying to mend fences with an old friend. Then in the middle of that, your old friend makes it public. How would you feel?
Maybe you'd be happy, maybe you don't care, maybe you'd be let down that it was made public?

I don't know anything about the situation. I just know from past experiences that when people talk too soon....

And yes, I know, we all know, that anytime Slash talks about Axl, it's gonna start the reunion talk again. That's not the issue.
The issue is that IF their relationship is less frosty nowadays, will this kind of public announcement make a difference? I don't know....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #241 on: August 24, 2015, 11:43:13 AM »

But if that is the case, I don't know if announcing it this way is a good idea.

/jarmo

Why would it be a bad idea?

Since we don't know all the details or the whole picture, sometimes it's better to be careful.

Especially when everybody knows what will happen as soon as you make something like this public.

/jarmo

I still don't understand how sharing a fact about your relationship with a former friend and band member is a bad idea. are you saying because then people will start talking about a reunion? I guess I just don't see that as being an awful consequence, but let me know if there is something else behind your comment.

People talk about a reunion all the time anyway. and that is not a bad thing - it keeps both Slash and Axl in the news. 

Think about the story behind hiring Ron, everything was working towards getting him in the fold and it blew up when he brought it up in the media. Axl and Team Brazil are obviously very selective in what gets released for consumption and when that happens. The other obvious issue for GnR more so than Slash in this case is that if a reunion isn't on the horizon this leak does more to disrupt GnR's forward motion in releasing 'new/old' material and adding new members from a PR perspective.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #242 on: August 24, 2015, 11:46:24 AM »

Just my opinion that sometimes people talk too soon, things get taken out of context, blown up and whatever.

Let's say for conversation's sake that you are trying to mend fences with an old friend. Then in the middle of that, your old friend makes it public. How would you feel?
Maybe you'd be happy, maybe you don't care, maybe you'd be let down that it was made public?

I don't know anything about the situation. I just know from past experiences that when people talk too soon....

And yes, I know, we all know, that anytime Slash talks about Axl, it's gonna start the reunion talk again. That's not the issue.
The issue is that IF their relationship is less frosty nowadays, will this kind of public announcement make a difference? I don't know....

/jarmo

To me the fact that the news came out over the weekend almost makes it feel like it was somehow coordinated. Just so it wouldn't blow up as quickly. He also didn't seem that uncomfortable answering the question. Almost seemed giddy talking about it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:48:49 AM by Ow-So7411501 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #243 on: August 24, 2015, 11:48:16 AM »

I wouldn't say this is 100% confirmed yet but gee I hope it is. The absolute comedic value in watching those who HAVE constantly bashed Slash for years and years and will now do a complete about face will be hilarious.

Oh, big time.

I don't know what to make of this though.

Seems like whenever something like happens, people get all worked up in a lather.  Then word comes back that nothing has changed and he's confused people are still unclear on that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #244 on: August 24, 2015, 11:54:52 AM »

I wouldn't say this is 100% confirmed yet but gee I hope it is. The absolute comedic value in watching those who HAVE constantly bashed Slash for years and years and will now do a complete about face will be hilarious.

Oh, big time.

Well I'm happy you guys are easily entertained.
Does this news, if true, change the past? No.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #245 on: August 24, 2015, 11:58:11 AM »

/jarmo

I'd say considering the time line, it is amazing this wasn't made public months ago.  Let's face it, a lot of people have known about this for months.  It was bound to come out sooner or later.  I am happy for both of them.  The can both continue with their separate projects too.  
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #246 on: August 24, 2015, 12:04:25 PM »

Oh, big time.

Well I'm happy you guys are easily entertained.
Does this news, if true, change the past? No.

Well, its going to expose some people that will show themselves as blind followers that will just adopt any position taken by Axl as their own, as needed.

The spins will be epic.

Ultimately, people would be so happy there wouldn't be a whole lot of effort spent on naming and shaming.  But some people will have to east some shit, most definitely.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #247 on: August 24, 2015, 12:08:40 PM »

Well, the same goes for a lot of people who are suddenly "supporting" GN'R again.

The fact remains, no matter how friendly they are, doesn't change anything said or done in the past.
So all those people who think it's funny that people "who bashed Slash" will change their opinion, maybe they will, maybe they won't. 

I know some people actually stand behind their words and opinions instead of flip flopping. Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #248 on: August 24, 2015, 12:12:48 PM »

I know some people actually stand behind their words and opinions instead of flip flopping. Smiley

And others just do what they are told.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #249 on: August 24, 2015, 12:14:05 PM »

And others just do what they are told.

And some are just wrong most of the time....

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #250 on: August 24, 2015, 12:21:11 PM »

Think about the story behind hiring Ron, everything was working towards getting him in the fold and it blew up when he brought it up in the media.

Good example of what I meant.

I'd say considering the time line, it is amazing this wasn't made public months ago.  Let's face it, a lot of people have known about this for months.  It was bound to come out sooner or later.  I am happy for both of them.  The can both continue with their separate projects too.  

Really? It's been public knowledge for months?

/jarmo

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #251 on: August 24, 2015, 01:14:55 PM »

I'd say considering the time line, it is amazing this wasn't made public months ago.  Let's face it, a lot of people have known about this for months.

Is that right? Who are these "people"?

So basically a lot of people have known things are better between Axl and Slash but nothing will change as they will both pursue their own careers? Other rumors said it was the beginning of something else.

I dont know what to believe and for now i dont believe anything, just waiting for Axl's camp or Slash's camp to say something and obviously they are not in a rush to do so.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #252 on: August 24, 2015, 01:41:04 PM »

/jarmo

Since we don't know all the details or the whole picture, sometimes it's better to be careful.

Especially when everybody knows what will happen as soon as you make something like this public.

/jarmo

Think about the story behind hiring Ron, everything was working towards getting him in the fold and it blew up when he brought it up in the media. Axl and Team Brazil are obviously very selective in what gets released for consumption and when that happens. The other obvious issue for GnR more so than Slash in this case is that if a reunion isn't on the horizon this leak does more to disrupt GnR's forward motion in releasing 'new/old' material and adding new members from a PR perspective.

But this isn't a GnR issue. it's an issue between slash and axl. Axl does not have control over any information being shared by Slash with the fans. him sharing that put a smile on thousands of people's faces. and you come here and he is criticized for it. I just don't get it.

unless you are implying that there could be something in the works for slash to join GnR again, then yes, I see your point.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #253 on: August 24, 2015, 01:42:17 PM »

/jarmo

I would agree with you   That if this relationship was just starting to be rebuilt   Or they had just started talking to each other again.  It would t be very wise for one of the parties to make this public or talk to the media about it.  

However

I have the feeling they haven't just started to rebuild this relationship.  But it has been done for a while now.  So talking publicly right now. Isn't a problem.     That probably why slash had the "not really a problem approach" to his answer to this question
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #254 on: August 24, 2015, 01:44:29 PM »

/jarmo

/jarmo

But this isn't a GnR issue. it's an issue between slash and axl. Axl does not have control over any information being shared by Slash with the fans. him sharing that put a smile on thousands of people's faces. and you come here and he is criticized for it. I just don't get it.

unless you are implying that there could be something in the works for slash to join GnR again, then yes, I see your point.

It is a guns n roses issue

Slash and Axl still have to deal with each other in terms of there pasts works together.   Which in guns terms, is a out 85 percent of the released music

So a better relationship between the two will only help any future projects involving any past material
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #255 on: August 24, 2015, 01:47:59 PM »

/jarmo

/jarmo

Actually if there are no plans for a reunion this news could potentially hurt. As people have pointed out there is very little name recognition with current (and recently former) GnR members within the general public. As many different news organizations run this this sound bite the general public tends to latch to the "Guns N' Roses Reunite" story line... this does nothing to help while Axl tries to release music from members who have been gone for up to 10 years now, as well as replace the latest string of guitar players (you know the role Slash once held).

Reunion or not, depending on Axl's desire for this not to go public, this could be the return of winter weather in their relationship.
Princess Leia
« Reply #256 on: August 24, 2015, 01:50:10 PM »

Think about the story behind hiring Ron, everything was working towards getting him in the fold and it blew up when he brought it up in the media.

/jarmo

I understand your point of view but the reality of the situation is different. If there is a DJ, Frank or Duff interview and they want to talk only about their projects nobody or very few people would care. Keep in mind that the Slash interview on CBS was because he made a video about animal rights and he was there to talk about that. However it was clear the media didn?t care.

And I don?t think Slash expected this storm over this simple comment in a Swedish newspaper. I don?t think he meant to create controversy nor he thought it was gonna be something so huge.

Even if nobody gives interviews reunion, Axl and Slash issues will never go away.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #257 on: August 24, 2015, 02:00:09 PM »

/jarmo

I understand your point of view but the reality of the situation is different. If there is a DJ, Frank or Duff interview and they want to talk only about their projects nobody or very few people would care. Keep in mind that the Slash interview on CBS was because he made a video about animal rights and he was there to talk about that. However it was clear the media didn?t care.

And I don?t think Slash expected this storm over this simple comment in a Swedish newspaper. I don?t think he meant to create controversy nor he thought it was gonna be something so huge.

Even if nobody gives interviews reunion, Axl and Slash issues will never go away.

I think he'd be na?ve to not think that a simple comment in a Swedish newspaper would create a storm. We live in a world where every bit of information from around the world can be had and shared in seconds.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if it was somehow staged. How would this reporter just happen to have this information? Plus why would he decide to answer it the way that he did?
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #258 on: August 24, 2015, 03:13:09 PM »

"Without Paul there would be no Guns N Roses...." (Rock In Rio 2001) ok ok ok ok rofl rofl hihi hihi
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #259 on: August 24, 2015, 03:16:48 PM »

I see Slash uploading a lot of pics on his instagram account. Or he?s waiting for something from the GNR camp or he?s laughing of us and doesn?t give a fuck anymore about this shit. He?s sucessful, have 2 beautiful kids, a great band a a gorgeous girlfriend, is travelling the world every week and making tons of money. I would not give a shit if it was me.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 03:27:03 PM by RnT » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: