Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:32:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 232561 times)
Princess Leia
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2015, 10:48:28 AM »

Dream scenario...

If it's true and they have communicated more than acknowledging facebook and twitter messages... (which is all I think it is ) Then maybe Slash continues to do his thing with Myles (which I really enjoy)... Axl releases his record he has worked so hard on over the years.. and then they decide to do something together afterwards in a couple of years.

Raise ur hand if you wouldn't like to see that... few and far between I would think.

Well Slash right now is too busy with a new album on the making and another horror movie he is producing. So GN?R is not his number one priority.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2015, 10:51:46 AM »

I have yet to see one person here post about being pissed if this is true. Some are not quick to believe it 100%, as am I, but that is followed up by "But if it's true that'd be great" or something along those lines.

Ever since the whole Slash lying about going to Axl's house, I haven't quite believed everything he said. But at the same time, he needs to do to protect his image and brand. Not to mention, it also proves that Slash has been trying to reconnect for a while now. Me? I personally hope it's true. Even if it doesn't lead to a reunion, I hope it'll help Axl feel better if he has any pent up hate and anger and lets it go. I don't know the guy so I don't know if he does or not.

The way I can relate this, since I'm a wrestling nerd, is like Warrior. Warrior has been my favorite wrestler pretty much since I saw him. Still holds true today, Twenty some years later. Warrior was very hurt by WWF and the things they said, along with Hogan and others. Yet, he was able to put that all aside and go back and get inducted in the Hall of Fame. Even at the HOF, he was able to reconnect with Hogan and they were able to clear the air. This is on video, and not just Hogan's mouth (another proven liar). I was thrilled to know that, especially when they announced he was going in. I don't see him as a hypocrite or a liar, just he continued to do things on his terms for the right reason.

I see the same for Axl, he said those things. The Leeds show, the cancer remark, etc. All were very strong and that could have been how he was feeling at the time. Things change. I hope they patched things up and are now at peace. If they can grab a drink and make peace, that's awesome. If he brings him back as a guitarist, the only reason it would suck is because the fair weather fans who have more money then me will buy better tickets.

Good post, you are leaving out the fact that Slash smeared and lied about Axl in the media for years, so those so-called strong statements were well deserved IMO. VR even dressed up like GNR at one point to make fun.

Let's hope the situation has indeed mellowed out some for everyone, and refrain from jumping to any conclusions.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2015, 10:58:45 AM »

It seems every major music publication has taken this story and run with it.  It is funny because it is only based on one quote, but some of the articles say completely different things.  It is funny how the media is so good at filling in the blanks.  I also like how they splice in parts of interviews with Slash from 2012 along with this quote to make it seem like Slash said a whole lot more than he did in this new interview.  They are very clever.  It is a wonder why Axl doesn't want to talk to them more!

In all seriousness though, if their relationship has improved thats a great thing.  Forget about new music or a reunion and all that stuff for a second.  Those two accomplished incredible things together.  If they are simply able to call each other on the phone for a second and reflect on that stuff together without any hostility or anger,  that is a really cool thing.  I think thats what really needs to be taken away from all of this.  

As far as all the other stuff, like new music, tours, we will just have to wait and see.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2015, 11:00:24 AM »

Jarmo, both said things that shouldn't have been said. That's a fact. If both can let it go, I really don't quite understand why fans can't.

If that's what has happened. We only have one quote from one side.

There's posts in this thread about how I must be hating this news and I've been called a hater.
Amusing.

Because everybody knows how much I've hated GN'R since the 80s! Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Jarmo, I've been wanting to say this for awhile. I started coming here when you first began this website. I came to this, Jeff's website, NY Giants and two pro wrestling websites during my college days. I didn't sign up for an account until 2003, though. In the beginning years, you were neutral. You didn't pick sides. It was enjoyable reading the comments. In fact, you were on my Myspace account at one point since I thought  you were cool and you had a good website going for yourself.   I started noticing the difference in this website around 2005 or 2006. Things were being censored and there were a lot more bashing about Slash. I know I had a few comments that were censored around 2008. In recent years, you stopped with the censorship, which is great. The bashing of Slash still continues, but not as much as before.

I frequent BigBlueView just as much as this website. I'm a huge NY Giants fan.  The past 2-3 years the Giants have not played well. Fans are either bashing the coach (Tom Coughlin) or the General Manager (Jerry Resse). The moderator has a relationship with the NY Giants. He has a moderate approach to things. He doesn't favor either one and often gives a fair assessment of both.  

If it's the one constructive  criticism that I have is to take a moderate approach. That's all. I'm not saying that you hate GNR. You obviously love them  since you created this website. I think this has been an awesome website to get news and talk about GNR. However, it would be nice to see a more moderate approach and not always arguing with people like DX or others who have disagreed with the  way Axl has approached things.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2015, 11:16:47 AM »

I have an opinions just like everybody else.

If you wish me to stop posting my opinion, you're basically asking me to shut up about things I sometimes disagree with.

I can't sit quietly and watch people post things I think are total bullshit. I'm sorry.
These self-appointed voices of reason aren't any less moderate than I am.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2015, 11:28:36 AM »

Given the experiences Axl and Slash have shared - and all the highs and lows they have been through together -  I think it's good (for their sake) that they've re-established contact in some form or another.  Truly, life it too short.  Anything beyond that will be a amazing bonus that will hopefully benefit them first and foremost (personally and musically), and hopefully of course, the fans.  So if this is indeed true, good for them.  The end.  Smiley

Now when these posts become more about the members doing the posting than the actual topic...
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2015, 11:30:37 AM »

I have an opinions just like everybody else.

If you wish me to stop posting my opinion, you're basically asking me to shut up about things I sometimes disagree with.

I can't sit quietly and watch people post things I think are total bullshit. I'm sorry.
These self-appointed voices of reason aren't any less moderate than I am.

/jarmo

Jarmo ,

U r personal friend of all the band members, including Rose, do you have some opinion or position about that shit that slash spoke in the interview ?

hey, sorry for my evil english...

Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2015, 12:07:19 PM »

Some say this may not be true.  Here is what I think, NO ONE has come out and said it is not.  That speaks volumes....  we all know the camp read these forums and there is no getting around the news sites all over that are sharing this.

Cool on them, glad to see old friends even talking at all even if it leads to nothing.   ok

And as far as Jarmo being a hater of Slash, I myself have never seen that.  In this forum he was promoting and supporting the band now, Slash has nothing to do with the current band.  WTF is wrong with that??

You don't have to hate one to like the other, you don't have to like everything, that is what makes us unique... 

Glad to see them talking even a little as I said, if it leads to something or nothing at all I will still be there watching  beer
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2015, 12:11:30 PM »

I think Axl should release the follow up to CD, and then release all leftovers in one box set, live video stuff from 01-14.
And maybe then release the proper Greatest Hits record with Duff and Slash, with live stuff and other shit from UYI tour.
No reunion, but to get working some old stuff together, and release it.

You don't want to see them play together?

Sure, but it would be shame if we would not ever gonna hear all those unreleased songs Axl did with new gnr.
New music with Slash & Duff etc, well that's just funny, because it would be such of mess, and would take another 10 years, just like chinese did 😀

Yeah that would be a real shame! Eh? A reunion is far from a fact! I guess your point of view is valid if you became a fan in the ChiDem-era. Myself I became a fan in 1989, it's all appetite and lies baby! Real shame yeah!

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2015, 12:15:15 PM »

Whats between Axl and Slash is their personal problem. I dont really care if they are friends or not.

But nowdays i enjoy GN'R music more without Slash.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2015, 12:20:57 PM »

If this is true, it is great news. Independent of what they do professionally over the next several years, they have such a rich history together and are getting too old to feud. They are now at and age where they have been 'estranged' longer than they knew each other as friends.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2015, 01:19:00 PM »

Jarmo is an Axl supporter. I am an Axl supporter. I also am an old school gunner so I will always have a soft spot for Slash. Do I want a reunion tour? Mixed feelings on that as I saw them back in the day. I have those albums. Can you recreate that? I don't think so.

In the end, I just hope we can get some new songs from Axl...in whatever way he sees fit. If Slash is involved or Izzy, etc..I am cool with it. Those times will always mean a lot to me.

Sonofabitch made a great post over at Gnr Truth. You can support the past and the present...you can have your cake and eat it too.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 01:41:18 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2015, 01:36:57 PM »

Greatest news ever...we'll see.. All i've ever wanted was to see them shaking hands once again
Crist_N_Roll
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: August 23, 2015, 01:41:27 PM »

I think this is very cool if it's true, but I would like to see the fans of Guns N' Roses leaving hate each others. I guess that would be better  Grin
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #154 on: August 23, 2015, 01:44:08 PM »

it's great news if it true but if it wasn't true wouldn't someone from axl's camp say its not. also with 2 guitarists "leaving" a reunion tour only makes sense. it's what everyone wants. it would break everyone involved banks. lmao
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2015, 01:55:38 PM »

It's great to hear they are apparently talking again. The fact they are is good for them. For now the talking is the most important aspect. If the guns fans benefit from this, then that will be amazing for us. I wouldn't hold out hope on new material tho, if anything it would, I imagine be based on appetite & other "classic line up" era. If they do get back together in some shape or form, there would be room for guest appearances for some of the 02-15 era probably. Just remember people, stay patient, you may hear nothing about this again for a long time.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2015, 02:30:41 PM »

Is Slash promoting anything or about to be releasing something or going on tour? I don't really follow him closely. I ask because he has never been shy about bringing media attention to himself and mentioning Axl or Guns rather true or not brings attention to him and whatever he is promoting or about to promote. He has done that for years.

Still, it would be awesome for them if they can hammer out the issues or already did. I'm not sure how to feel about Slash. If lines were drawn, I guess I chose Axl's side years ago. That's just me being honest. Of course if Slash comes back I'm not going hate him for it or bitch about it. Slash is amazing and I will always be a fan. I'm still a fan of his and enjoy some of his work outside of Guns, I think its more I never really believed his side of things.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #157 on: August 23, 2015, 02:37:52 PM »

Peace is better than war,  love better than hate,  and so on. Always. Still, we know media, not a peace maker,  though the man has pacemaker 👍

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #158 on: August 23, 2015, 02:39:16 PM »

Even if this is true and they did try to work with each other again you gotta wonder if it would last considering everything that's happened over the years.  I can't help but imagine Axl 'accidentally' tossing his mic stand at Slash and then Slash chasing him all around the stage with his guitar... like some real life Celebrity Death Match stuff... I can't be the only one thinking about this, lol

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #159 on: August 23, 2015, 03:04:05 PM »

Jarmo ,

U r personal friend of all the band members, including Rose, do you have some opinion or position about that shit that slash spoke in the interview ?

hey, sorry for my evil english...

Like I've said, I don't know what exactly made the reporter ask that question. There must be a reason for it.
Your English is fine.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: