Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:30:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 232573 times)
peka80
Headliner

Living easy, livin' free!!!

« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2015, 05:53:05 AM »

As much as I loved to see reunion of the century, but I think we'll soon see or hear Axl's dismiss of Slash's statement!

Funny how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
Gibbo27
Opening Act

« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2015, 06:06:29 AM »

Why are the Slash "haters" so quick to shoot this down, yet, whenever Fortis, Frank or others state there will be an album, they are VERY quick to believe them?Huh?? It boggles my mind. If you are a fan of this band, you should love hearing this news. At least they made peace with each other.

maybe because Slash has a very long history of lies and Richard and Frank do not?

It would be nice to know Axl made peace with Slash, but everything Axl has said in the past points to another path.

We all know you hate slash you need to let it go! Axl and slash have been talking for over a year now weather you like it or not  Grin

That's what Slash says, and in the scale from 1 to 100, Slash's words are 1 in terms in credibility.

And if that actually happened -and if you actually can read- you may see I would be glad about that.

Today is the 13th anniversary of the Leeds show in 2002. I can remember some words from Axl from that show about Slash  rofl
Yeah funny isnt it little man and now they are friends  hihi and your all jealous
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2015, 06:13:14 AM »

Axl and slash have been talking for over a year now weather you like it or not  Grin

Even Slash didn't exactly say that. Some people around here and on other forums that don't like this place (GNRTruth for instance) seem to know for a fact that Axl and Slash have been talking for a while. Where is the evidence? What Slash said in the video is pretty close to what he said on CBS. A few months back he actually said "we don't talk to each other", then all of a sudden they're friends?

By the way Slash has now landed in L.A and he hasn't said a thing about this, maybe he realized it was blown out of proportion. He just posted this on Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/6t9YbfzYKn/, whatever that means.

Gibbo27
Opening Act

« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2015, 06:40:43 AM »

I just dont understand why people are piss that they might be back friends! I think its good for both slash and axl fans. In the future we could get some remastered albums or old footage released. Its a win win for everyone
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2015, 06:51:27 AM »

I wouldn't say this is 100% confirmed yet but gee I hope it is. The absolute comedic value in watching those who HAVE constantly bashed Slash for years and years and will now do a complete about face will be hilarious.

A lot of people will have to turn themselves into pretzels. Although based on past history, justification and spin come quite naturally.

IF and I do mean IF Axl and Slash work together I hope the CD era material come out asap followed by a tour with the guys that made it. Not only would that be cool but also would reward the effort and signifigant patience they displayed.

As for Slash. Well I am not really a fan of a lot of his solo work. By that I mean his bands, singers etc. however if you made a compilation of his best solo work purely as riffs and solos then there is at least 2 absolute killer GNR albums that never happened. Such a shame.

Agree.  The mental gymnastics on here will be fun to watch.  The spin will essentially be "I support GnR therefore whoever's in the band I support."  What that really means is, "because Axl said so."  Axl doesn't like Slash = they don't like Slash.  Axl likes Slash = they like Slash.  Or maybe it's just a very strange coincidence that their acceptance of Slash happens at the same time as Axl's.  If you ever needed a better example of the blind faith Axl followers, here you go.  

On a side note, this is awesome news, if true.  Axl and Slash are two of the most successful rockstars of all time.  Each are iconic figures who together have created some of the best music we've ever heard.  Separately, they have survived, but never coming close to the heights they reached together.  Coming back together for a tour or an album...shit just sitting in the same room and talking, would be incredible.  It will also show that cancer can be cured!  Grin  
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2015, 07:09:03 AM »

I just dont understand why people are piss that they might be back friends! I think its good for both slash and axl fans.

Who is?

I only see people who think it's a bit early to jump to conclusions based on this one quote.

A bunch of posters are now happy because some of us have been critical of things that certain former members have said and/or done.
These are some of the same people who had no problems posting their "honest opinions" about Axl and GN'R for years. And now suddenly it's all cool and great.... Smiley

I wouldn't say this is 100% confirmed yet but gee I hope it is. The absolute comedic value in watching those who HAVE constantly bashed Slash for years and years and will now do a complete about face will be hilarious.

Hilarious.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 07:10:42 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2015, 07:27:37 AM »

To have very strong opinions about their personal relationship is stupid.. none of us know anything about the past or present.. whats lie and whats truth. Enjoy the music... old or new... I have followed Axl the most because i am a great fan of he's voice, lyrics and stage performance.. We all know they were magic together...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Gibbo27
Opening Act

« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2015, 07:31:30 AM »

I just dont understand why people are piss that they might be back friends! I think its good for both slash and axl fans.

Who is?

I only see people who think it's a bit early to jump to conclusions based on this one quote.

A bunch of posters are now happy because some of us have been critical of things that certain former members have said and/or done.
These are some of the same people who had no problems posting their "honest opinions" about Axl and GN'R for years. And now suddenly it's all cool and great.... Smiley

Hilarious.

/jarmo

Dont worry Jarmo theres plenty of jobs out there. Your really hating life right now arnt you  hihi
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 07:33:25 AM by Gibbo27 » Logged
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2015, 07:33:20 AM »

I just dont understand why people are piss that they might be back friends! I think its good for both slash and axl fans. In the future we could get some remastered albums or old footage released. Its a win win for everyone

I don't see anyone pissed off, like Jarmo said, just cautious. As for me, I think it would be a great news of course because I loved the music they created together but I'm still waiting for a real confirmation from Axl's camp (or even Slash's camp by the way). I went to see GN'R and Slash live these past few years and enjoyed both, even if I liked GN'R's new songs more.

It would be kinda weird to see them play together again, but why not? Truth is that one sentence doesn't quite make it for me. I need something a little more concrete to jump all over the place. Smiley

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2015, 07:35:17 AM »

Dont worry Jarmo theres plenty of jobs out there. Your really hating life right now arnt you  hihi

No, not hating anything.

I'm more concerned about the Belgian GP at the moment.... How much bad luck can Kimi have...  no

Exactly Will.

Like I said, if their relationship has changed to less frosty and that's all that happens, it's still good news.
I think a bunch of people will continue to be frustrated if that's all there is.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 07:40:56 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2015, 08:06:50 AM »

Jarmo, it's  true, though. For years, I've seen people -yourself included- bash Slash for no reason except that Axl didn't like him.  You gal and guys had no reason to do so. For those that have supported both Axl and Slash, it has been frustrating. Even today, there are people in this thread that have tried to put their own spin and say "well Slash didn't say that we're friends a reporter said it" yada yada yada.

I think it's great that both of them can finally let it go. I  just wish that some "fans" would do  the  same. 

Where the hell did you get this "bash Slash for no reason" crap?

The man has said and done many things over the years that I didn't agree with. Just like some of you don't agree with anything Axl has done since 1996.

I don't even know if making this particular statement in public was a good thing. Everybody knows how the media works. One quote and then you'll get asked about it again and again.
Assuming their relationship has changed from frosty to something else, does it need to be broadcasted to the world at this point? I get that it's big news. But it's also the only news. People chose to run with it though.

wake up my friend...you have not exactly been a slash supporter over the years....

Interesting wording. Like the interview.
I wouldn't calls us friends. Also, so what?

/jarmo

Well it is big news...

Especially when the GNR camp usually gives us, ZERO news.

I will take someone talking about something/anything, rather than silence or just wait and see!!!

But I do get what you said about Slashs past comments

I wonder how much substance abuse and his ex wife played a factor in a lot of his past comments
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2015, 08:32:47 AM »

Jarmo, both said things that shouldn't have been said. That's a fact. If both can let it go, I really don't quite understand why fans can't.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2015, 09:01:45 AM »

This information makes me happy. I hope they can continue on a path towards reconciliation.

I am worried that Slash said something too soon and Axl is going to be pissed and dismiss him publicly. I hope not.

I'm going to guess that Duff played a big part in this. If so, nice going  ok

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2015, 09:33:59 AM »

It would be nice if they could get along and be friends. Both are now older and hopefully they can get along. I doubt we see a reunion deal. Be great , but for now lets hope they at least can be at least friends again.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2015, 09:40:55 AM »

Jarmo, both said things that shouldn't have been said. That's a fact. If both can let it go, I really don't quite understand why fans can't.

If that's what has happened. We only have one quote from one side.

There's posts in this thread about how I must be hating this news and I've been called a hater.
Amusing.

Because everybody knows how much I've hated GN'R since the 80s! Roll Eyes

/jarmo

« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:44:26 AM by jarmo » Logged

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2015, 09:51:58 AM »

I can understand why this one has gotten to 7 pages already  ok

Honestly good for them if this is true.  Those guys experienced something together that none of us can/will ever understand.  I mean this sincerely, I don't even care if they release any music or even play together, but as long as they are cordial I think that is awesome. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2015, 09:59:20 AM »

Yeah, I think that's the right attitude to have regarding this news. Just my opinion.

/jarmo

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2015, 10:33:00 AM »

There seems to be some rather extreme reactions to this interview, some have already stated that a reunion is definitely  coming and some seem intently fixed on the supposed "Slash haters" getting some sort of comeuppance.

Why not simply wait and see? All we need is just a little patience. peace

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2015, 10:39:57 AM »

Dream scenario...

If it's true and they have communicated more than acknowledging facebook and twitter messages... (which is all I think it is ) Then maybe Slash continues to do his thing with Myles (which I really enjoy)... Axl releases his record he has worked so hard on over the years.. and then they decide to do something together afterwards in a couple of years.

Raise ur hand if you wouldn't like to see that... few and far between I would think.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2015, 10:42:27 AM »

I have yet to see one person here post about being pissed if this is true. Some are not quick to believe it 100%, as am I, but that is followed up by "But if it's true that'd be great" or something along those lines.

Ever since the whole Slash lying about going to Axl's house, I haven't quite believed everything he said. But at the same time, he needs to do to protect his image and brand. Not to mention, it also proves that Slash has been trying to reconnect for a while now. Me? I personally hope it's true. Even if it doesn't lead to a reunion, I hope it'll help Axl feel better if he has any pent up hate and anger and lets it go. I don't know the guy so I don't know if he does or not.

The way I can relate this, since I'm a wrestling nerd, is like Warrior. Warrior has been my favorite wrestler pretty much since I saw him. Still holds true today, Twenty some years later. Warrior was very hurt by WWF and the things they said, along with Hogan and others. Yet, he was able to put that all aside and go back and get inducted in the Hall of Fame. Even at the HOF, he was able to reconnect with Hogan and they were able to clear the air. This is on video, and not just Hogan's mouth (another proven liar). I was thrilled to know that, especially when they announced he was going in. I don't see him as a hypocrite or a liar, just he continued to do things on his terms for the right reason.

I see the same for Axl, he said those things. The Leeds show, the cancer remark, etc. All were very strong and that could have been how he was feeling at the time. Things change. I hope they patched things up and are now at peace. If they can grab a drink and make peace, that's awesome. If he brings him back as a guitarist, the only reason it would suck is because the fair weather fans who have more money then me will buy better tickets.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: