Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:10:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 230178 times)
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2015, 06:20:15 PM »

I need to come back more often it seems. What a nice rumour. The best in years.

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2015, 06:36:03 PM »

Well, I haven?t see the video yet. Just saw it. There?s nothing new in there, just Slash saying the same thing again, that this is old topic and this is all cool about it.
 Roll Eyes

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2015, 06:40:30 PM »

Then tell me this. Why hasn't Slash made a statement retracting his comment? He did so with the CBS interview.

Slash knows this would be picking up steam. Do you honestly think that he would say this if it wasn't true? Do you think he would have phrased it differently or avoid the question like he did in the same interview about a reunion?

I am open to the possibility of them talking again. I am just not 100% convinced, that's all.

I'm not trying to argue against you here, just to use a little bit of critical thinking. But, if you're 100% sure that this interview means that Axl and Slash have spoken together, I won't stand in the way of that.

Well I just think that Slash has enough experience by now to know how to answer a question from a reporter.

Well, you said so yourself. We only have to go back a couple of months to find a interview in which he had to retract his comments afterwards.

You didn't answer my question.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2015, 06:42:06 PM »

Slash probably has no network right now as he is flying back from Sweden as we speak.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2015, 06:47:00 PM »

Then tell me this. Why hasn't Slash made a statement retracting his comment? He did so with the CBS interview.

Slash knows this would be picking up steam. Do you honestly think that he would say this if it wasn't true? Do you think he would have phrased it differently or avoid the question like he did in the same interview about a reunion?

I am open to the possibility of them talking again. I am just not 100% convinced, that's all.

I'm not trying to argue against you here, just to use a little bit of critical thinking. But, if you're 100% sure that this interview means that Axl and Slash have spoken together, I won't stand in the way of that.

Well I just think that Slash has enough experience by now to know how to answer a question from a reporter.

Well, you said so yourself. We only have to go back a couple of months to find a interview in which he had to retract his comments afterwards.

You didn't answer my question.

Didn't I? Apparently he hasn't enough experience given he just recently had to retract statements made in an interview..

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2015, 07:03:17 PM »

Probably they foward e-mails about cats to each other

Never underestimate the power of cute cat pictures.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2015, 07:04:58 PM »

https://twitter.com/gunsnrosesnews?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Who controls the Twitter feed? The Twitter account claims that Axl and Slash made up months ago.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2015, 07:05:41 PM »

I have never advocated for a reunion, I liked all lineups since 2001, but even I would advise Axl and Slash to tour again based on how much money they could make. It's almost stupid not to. Play all the hits, play the rarities like coma and bad obsession, come up with one or two new singles and tour the world. Again I'm not advocating for it, but seriously think about it, it would be a huge payday.

Not everyone is motivated solely or even primarily by the almighty dollar.

I know, and plenty of people have said Axl isn't motivated by money. But just think, it would be PowerBall Lottery type money. I would rather hear songs from the Chinese Democracy era get released before any reunion, but if Axl asked for my opinion I would advise him to let Slash tour with them if things are cool.

A simpler example.....if one of your friends says "hey, I can make an enormous amount money but I hate the people I am working with", I would say "do you think you can make it work as a means to an end? Get what you want then get out. That's all I am saying. If they can offer Led Zeppelin a billion dollars to tour, I'm sure and Axl/Slash version of GNR can attract a big number too.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2015, 07:06:34 PM »

Who controls the Twitter feed? The Twitter account claims that Axl and Slash made up months ago.

NGOG (GNRtruth) I think...

Not sure if I trust them.

Sweetness is a virtue
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2015, 07:06:45 PM »

thats not the official twitter account

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2015, 07:07:07 PM »

no news , no shows, no new songs , no interviews , all the fans like.

Did you come here just to whine and complain?

There are enough of those type "fans" here already.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2015, 07:09:44 PM »

I have never advocated for a reunion, I liked all lineups since 2001, but even I would advise Axl and Slash to tour again based on how much money they could make. It's almost stupid not to. Play all the hits, play the rarities like coma and bad obsession, come up with one or two new singles and tour the world. Again I'm not advocating for it, but seriously think about it, it would be a huge payday.

I know, and plenty of people have said Axl isn't motivated by money. But just think, it would be PowerBall Lottery type money. I would rather hear songs from the Chinese Democracy era get released before any reunion, but if Axl asked for my opinion I would advise him to let Slash tour with them if things are cool.

A simpler example.....if one of your friends says "hey, I can make an enormous amount money but I hate the people I am working with", I would say "do you think you can make it work as a means to an end? Get what you want then get out. That's all I am saying. If they can offer Led Zeppelin a billion dollars to tour, I'm sure and Axl/Slash version of GNR can attract a big number too.

I get where you are coming from, I was just making an observation that not everyone is motivated by money, not everyone can be bought. Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2015, 07:10:56 PM »

@gunsnroses is the official GNR twitter.

"Shut the fuck up."
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2015, 07:13:22 PM »

I get where you are coming from, I was just making an observation that not everyone is motivated by money, not everyone can be bought. Wink

To sing their hits standing next to someone you kind of can't stand but recently reconciled with for $250 Million (hypothetically) .... He'd survive lol

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2015, 07:21:39 PM »

To sing their hits standing next to someone you kind of can't stand but recently reconciled with for $250 Million (hypothetically) .... He'd survive lol

I think it would have been a bigger factor if Axl needed the money. If you have $250 million, do you really need another 250?  hihi

I think he is in a position where he can make a decision on a reunion based purely on the artistic/friendship aspect of it. That's good for the fans as well I think, because if there's ever a reunion we would know that they're doing it for the right reasons and the chemistry between the band members will be good.

Sweetness is a virtue
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2015, 07:22:39 PM »

Thats is not an official account. I think they got their info from MSL, a famous "insider".

Still nothing official for now. Even Rolling Stone's article is just a rerun...

Edit: i have been confirmed MSL is not their source.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 02:37:06 PM by Will » Logged

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2015, 07:23:05 PM »

I repeat, that may be what you value but everyone isn't motivated by money alone- whatever the amount.

They have already been offered obscene amounts of money for a reunion in years past.

"Shut the fuck up."
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2015, 07:26:58 PM »

This is nice that Axl and Slash have less negativity in their lives now.   beer Cheers to all GNR fans - classic lineup, new lineup, young and old!    

DX May soil himself when he reads this thread.
TheSyxer
Opening Act

« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2015, 07:32:59 PM »

Thats is not an official account. I think they got their info from MSL, a famous "insider".

Still nothing official for now. Even Rolling Stone's article is just a rerun...

MSL doesn't provide the info there - it comes from one of his members.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2015, 07:38:59 PM »

Ok thanks for the heads up!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: