Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 08:36:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 217929 times)
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #300 on: August 25, 2015, 07:27:11 AM »

I believe the next guy to leave the band will be tommy stinson

The second that happens, you have to start taking this seriously.  Probably not before though.

Though he could be out now for all we know.  What is this band right now anyway?  And who is checking in with Tommy Stinson on the regular?

There will be a reunion,and they will record a new album with axl material and some songs of the old guys and it will be a blast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #301 on: August 25, 2015, 09:02:08 AM »

What is the latest and more importantly what is the truth?

Facts: Slash went to Sweden for a gig promoting Marshall, he was interviewed, reporter made a claim that Axl and Slash are friends again, Slash didn't use the "F-word" but didn't deny anything either.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #302 on: August 25, 2015, 09:24:57 AM »

Did Fortus say that something "phenomenal" will happen in 2016 with GNR in this interview?

https://soundcloud.com/kshe-95/fortus-on-guns#t=0:00

He sounds optimistic about next year. Thanks for posting.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
circusboy666
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #303 on: August 25, 2015, 09:43:28 AM »

The one thing about everyone speculating about the reunion without any word from TB or axl himself is when/if it doesn't happen there is only one person who looks like the bad guy. It's not fair to axl to blame him for a reunion not happening and we all know many people will do this and the media will also blame him. Slash has started a potential end to them reconciling by opening his mouth.(even if media spins it) whatever happens happens and I'm cool with that but to have fans and media put pressure on axl I am certain won't work in their favor.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #304 on: August 25, 2015, 10:10:03 AM »

The one thing about everyone speculating about the reunion without any word from TB or axl himself is when/if it doesn't happen there is only one person who looks like the bad guy. It's not fair to axl to blame him for a reunion not happening and we all know many people will do this and the media will also blame him. Slash has started a potential end to them reconciling by opening his mouth.(even if media spins it) whatever happens happens and I'm cool with that but to have fans and media put pressure on axl I am certain won't work in their favor.

Well, in all fairness, if it doesn't happen...it will be his fault.

That's not to say Axl should be forced to do it if he truly has no interest.  But there is no real scenario where Axl is 'bout it, 'bout it, but can't get any cooperation.

If that were true, explain the Hall Of Fame.  Our best bet is that he's warmed to the idea since then.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #305 on: August 25, 2015, 10:17:17 AM »

That's not to say Axl should be forced to do it if he truly has no interest.  But there is no real scenario where Axl is 'bout it, 'bout it, but can't get any cooperation.

If that were true, explain the Hall Of Fame.  Our best bet is that he's warmed to the idea since then.

Right.. I want to hear the CD leftovers as much as the next guy... but all of those guys are LONG GONE... Josh, brain, Robin, Bucket and now Ron and DJ..

So a reunion with Slash and Duff ... is getting in the way of who and what?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #306 on: August 25, 2015, 10:20:17 AM »

I still consider this a lot of wishful thinking on all our parts.

But its patently obvious Axl did not have near the same fire to work with the DJ/Ron incarnation than he did the Bucket/Robin version of the band.

So maybe its like so many people have been saying.  If you aren't going to release anything new, and just continue to go out on stage and play 'You Could Be Mine' and 'Nightrain'...why not get the real band?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #307 on: August 25, 2015, 10:20:50 AM »

Did Fortus say that something "phenomenal" will happen in 2016 with GNR in this interview?

https://soundcloud.com/kshe-95/fortus-on-guns#t=0:00

He sounds optimistic about next year. Thanks for posting.

/jarmo

Amazing, Thanks

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #308 on: August 25, 2015, 10:30:05 AM »

Guns N 'Roses classic lineup will be headlining the Soundwave?

Fuel to the fire. In a radio program on August 21, the day before the alleged declaration of Slash who had reconciled with Axl Rose, James Young, owner of a famous bar in Melbourne and in tune with the environment rocker place, let the curious information:

"I heard the most incredible rumor this week, an extremely knowledgeable person from within the Australian music industry, that I spent the headline name (festival) Soundwave next year. We now know that a mysterious band will save the festival and will .? master all the attention That mega band would be this Well, on Wednesday I heard was: Steven Adler, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagen, Slash and Axl Rose, the meeting training 1987's 'Appetite for Destruction' of Guns N 'Roses, you believe it? It's amazing, I spent sleepless nights dreaming about it. "

While it is obviously just a rumor, it is interesting to insist that this happened the day before the interview where Slash talks about Axl Rose

http://whiplash.net/materias/news_800/229125-gunsnroses.html

Slash: New CD year that comes and nothing to celebrate 30 years of "AFD"

http://whiplash.net/materias/news_800/228580-gunsnroses.html

hihi rofl hihi

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #309 on: August 25, 2015, 10:33:50 AM »

But its patently obvious Axl did not have near the same fire to work with the DJ/Ron incarnation than he did the Bucket/Robin version of the band.

So maybe its like so many people have been saying.  If you aren't going to release anything new, and just continue to go out on stage and play 'You Could Be Mine' and 'Nightrain'...why not get the real band?

Yeah... I'd rather see play Slash and Duff play those songs too ..

When Better comes on I'd like to see Robin and Bucket...

Whats more likely ? Who knows anymore ha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #310 on: August 25, 2015, 10:42:54 AM »

Which It Is Not Real Band ?

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #311 on: August 25, 2015, 10:51:31 AM »

The real band is the one that everyone knows and considers Guns N' Roses.  Some incarnation of the personnel from 1987-1993.

If Axl was truly going to move forward, OK, go with a new band.  But if you haven't written or recorded anything new in 10 freakin' years, and your stage show is more and more older stuff, doesn't it make more sense to get the actual band that did all that stuff?

I'm obviously not opposed to a different line-up, or I would not still be here.  But I think its a fair question to ask him what his plan is at this point.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #312 on: August 25, 2015, 10:53:59 AM »

The real band is the one that everyone knows and considers Guns N' Roses.  Some incarnation of the personnel from 1987-1993.

If Axl was truly going to move forward, OK, go with a new band.  But if you haven't written or recorded anything new in 10 freakin' years, and your stage show is more and more older stuff, doesn't it make more sense to get the actual band that did all that stuff?

I'm obviously not opposed to a different line-up, or I would not still be here.  But I think its a fair question to ask him what his plan is at this point.

Ahhh, perfect  Smiley I did not know, thanks

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #313 on: August 25, 2015, 11:39:41 AM »

I think there is more than a semantic difference between using "fault" and "decision" in the above first sentence.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #314 on: August 25, 2015, 11:51:21 AM »

I think there is more than a semantic difference between using "fault" and "decision" in the above first sentence.

I agree that the only way a full blown reunion doesn't happen is due to Axl's 'decision'... and decision is the appropriate word... However in the court of public opinion 'fault' will be assigned, and due to his 'decision' that will fall on Axl. Which is why it is in his best interest (more than anyone else) to keep the lid on this thing (IF it is even in the works) until it is 100% final and they are taking the stage. If this were to happen the first show should be handled like the 2002 VMA's.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #315 on: August 25, 2015, 11:53:51 AM »

I agree that the only way a full blown reunion doesn't happen is due to Axl's 'decision'... and decision is the appropriate word... However in the court of public opinion 'fault' will be assigned, and due to his 'decision' that will fall on Axl. Which is why it is in his best interest (more than anyone else) to keep the lid on this thing (IF it is even in the works) until it is 100% final and they are taking the stage. If this were to happen the first show should be handled like the 2002 VMA's.

We really, really, really, really need that like button added, jarmo!! Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #316 on: August 25, 2015, 12:41:54 PM »

If Axl and Slash have made amends this is good for them on a personal level. It is never a good thing to hold resentment and anger against anyone let alone someone you have traveled the world with and accomplished great things with. Irregardless of what happens with these two in the future if everything from the interview was taken in proper context and no misunderstandings took place I see this as a great personal development for them both and I see any possible future professional developments as a bonus! Based on the Richard interview it seems plans with guns are moving forward I would guess the empty slots are filled or at least one of them it appears things are moving forward and that exites me as a fan lets just sit back and see i just have a gut feeling it's going to be huge!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #317 on: August 25, 2015, 12:45:11 PM »

We really, really, really, really need that like button added, jarmo!! Wink

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Princess Leia
« Reply #318 on: August 25, 2015, 12:47:37 PM »

No, it is not an Axl decision only. Axl may wake up tomorrow and be like "Hey I feel like doing a reunion tour" Adler will be there in  a heart beat. But Izzy, Duff and Slash not so fast. They are gonna have demands. They won?t let Axl to get away with things. It is not gonna be a deja vu of the UYI Tour.

They can still be friends and have dinner together from time to time. But touring together is another story.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #319 on: August 25, 2015, 12:51:14 PM »

No, it is not an Axl decision only. Axl may wake up tomorrow and be like "Hey I feel like doing a reunion tour" Adler will be there in  a heart beat. But Izzy, Duff and Slash not so fast. They are gonna have demands. They won?t let Axl to get away with things. It is not gonna be a deja vu of the UYI Tour.

They can still be friends and have dinner together from time to time. But touring together is another story.

This all seems reasonable.

I just really struggle to see Axl as the one beating the drum and the others are lukewarm.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: