Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:48:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 232396 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #220 on: August 23, 2015, 09:34:19 PM »

But if that is the case, I don't know if announcing it this way is a good idea.

/jarmo

Why would it be a bad idea?

Since we don't know all the details or the whole picture, sometimes it's better to be careful.

Especially when everybody knows what will happen as soon as you make something like this public.

/jarmo

It seems like such a weird time and place to break this news

Sweedsn?  Really.....    

But a couple days into this now and no camp is denying this or retracting anything.   I would say this is all legit.   Mainstream media has picked up the story.  So if it wasn't correct.   The window for retracting it is almost over

And I don't think this question just snuck out.    Something was in the works

Do you think it was pre-planned Baconman? Do you think the tape was somehow edited?

The news just came out yesterday, and tomorrow is the start of a new week- so I guess we will wait and see.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2015, 09:34:36 PM »

Sounds like this story is true...Very cool....one can only dream of a reunion lol

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2015, 09:41:55 PM »

/jarmo

Since we don't know all the details or the whole picture, sometimes it's better to be careful.

Especially when everybody knows what will happen as soon as you make something like this public.

/jarmo

Sweedsn?  Really.....    

But a couple days into this now and no camp is denying this or retracting anything.   I would say this is all legit.   Mainstream media has picked up the story.  So if it wasn't correct.   The window for retracting it is almost over

Do you think it was pre-planned Baconman? Do you think the tape was somehow edited?

The news just came out yesterday, and tomorrow is the start of a new week- so I guess we will wait and see.

I don't think any star does an interview, without really knowing the context of the questions being asked.  Especially a interview done over seas!!   Even that guy Ron, had his people make it know to interviewers that he couldn't talk gnr...   And that's Ron...   I am sure Slashs people would be right on top of any questions being asked

With the way I hear how this social media thing works these days, there in no need to wait for a new business week..   Its not like anyone is waiting for a newspaper anymore haha
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2015, 10:21:06 PM »

Mr. jarmo my advice to you would be not to worry.   A reunion is not imminent.  I'm sure everything will be fine.   I wish you weren't worried about this.  I hope you can see it is positive.  Who cares what the press say???  To heck with the press!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2015, 11:08:02 PM »

/jarmo

/jarmo

Sweedsn?  Really.....    

I don't think any star does an interview, without really knowing the context of the questions being asked.  Especially a interview done over seas!!   Even that guy Ron, had his people make it know to interviewers that he couldn't talk gnr...   And that's Ron...   I am sure Slashs people would be right on top of any questions being asked

With the way I hear how this social media thing works these days, there in no need to wait for a new business week..   Its not like anyone is waiting for a newspaper anymore haha

True about the newspapers, but I still think a wait and see approach may be smarter than jumping to conclusions.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #225 on: August 24, 2015, 01:34:42 AM »

That's a good point.

Anytime he answers a GN'R question, he knows what's gonna happen.

/jarmo

But he didn't answer a GN'R question did he? It was about him and Axl being friends. As soon as the reporter asked about a reunion Slash changed the subject.

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #226 on: August 24, 2015, 01:39:03 AM »

Sneaky reporter using reverse psychology on him, lol

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
Princess Leia
« Reply #227 on: August 24, 2015, 02:08:30 AM »

/jarmo

/jarmo

Sweedsn?  Really.....    

I don?t think Slash broke the news. Long before this interview there were rumors and earlier this year Slash said something similar on CBS. Later he clarified he was not on speaking terms with Axl. This sweedish reporter just asked a more direct question about the state of their relationship.
Princess Leia
« Reply #228 on: August 24, 2015, 02:47:45 AM »

Remember this? Richard talking about Slash era songs.  smoking

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=66053.0
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2015, 04:54:27 AM »

Mr. jarmo my advice to you would be not to worry.   A reunion is not imminent.  I'm sure everything will be fine.   I wish you weren't worried about this.  I hope you can see it is positive.  Who cares what the press say???  To heck with the press!

Haha.
Worried? No.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #230 on: August 24, 2015, 09:54:40 AM »

Would be good to ask the swedish reporter where he got the news first and exactly what he was told.

Silence from GNR camp seems to confirm Slash.

Live N' Let Die
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2015, 10:02:56 AM »

Would be good to ask the swedish reporter where he got the news first and exactly what he was told.

Silence from GNR camp seems to confirm Slash.

Did they comment on it after the CBS interview?

Or do they ever comment on much of anything?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2015, 10:05:20 AM »

Plus what would Fernando say...

Hey guys... Axl doesn't despise Slash anymore... but don't get ur hopes up about him re joining the band... not in this lifetime.

Why would they say that?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2015, 10:18:35 AM »

Everybody just needs to be cool.  Slash and Axl can mend their ways and still do their own projects.  Axl can still release his material.  Slash can start his next solo album.  If Bruce Jenner can become Caitylyn, I don't see why Axl and Slash can't be in a dialogue.  Don't fear the press.  These are two grown men who deserve peace in their lives.   
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:46:36 AM by Siamese Democracy » Logged
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: August 24, 2015, 10:19:09 AM »

I've been calling this since Slash got his divorce...  I don't know why, just a feeling.  Also I saw Del James posting some Slash era videos and some others around GNR posting pictures of Slash...  But this is me just reading tea leaves...  This is the first time in over a decade that I felt this close to it happening, not even the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame made me think it was this close.  Fingers crossed.  
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2015, 10:23:37 AM »

The Unique NEWS Here Is From Press:

- BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH -

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #236 on: August 24, 2015, 10:32:37 AM »

Plus what would Fernando say...

Hey guys... Axl doesn't despise Slash anymore... but don't get ur hopes up about him re joining the band... not in this lifetime.

Why would they say that?

I think he would say "wait and see guys!"   Or  "big things are coming, I really can't talk about them though".

So pretty much nothing hahaha
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #237 on: August 24, 2015, 11:00:25 AM »

I think people need to take a chill pill. While it is exciting news people need to relax and realize that business wise it was a great move on both sides. Its eliminates the bad blood that created obstacles in releasing material. We can hope we see something come of this but I wouldn't hold my breath.
matty29
Headliner

« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2015, 11:09:42 AM »

I've been calling this since Slash got his divorce...  I don't know why, just a feeling.  Also I saw Del James posting some Slash era videos and some others around GNR posting pictures of Slash...  But this is me just reading tea leaves...  This is the first time in over a decade that I felt this close to it happening, not even the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame made me think it was this close.  Fingers crossed.  

For me personally, reading Duff's newest book I got the sense that this was in the wind.  Much of Duff's book "How to be a Man" revolved around mending relationships and letting things go.  While he's clearly always been cool with the other guys, I had the notion that after he joined Axl on stage in Europe that they had put all of the negativity behind them.  However after reading the book, it seems like that didn't really happen until the South American dates.  With Duff and Axl back on good terms, it seemed inevitable that the Slash question would come up between them.  With Duff being as diplomatic and put together as he seems to be, it would stand to reason that not only could he broker an understanding but that he would.  I have no idea what might come from a renewed relationship between these three, but at very least, I think that it could mend some old wounds and lead to better things for them all as individuals.  Not carrying the burden of a past life you want to forget has to be refreshing and perhaps allow them individually or collectively create even better music. I wouldn't say that I expect an album and a tour etc etc, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least to hear of a few special guests at the Hollywood Vampires show on 9/16.  That would go along with how these guys have all operated since the illusions tour.  Just my (first) 2 cents.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #239 on: August 24, 2015, 11:19:25 AM »

/jarmo

/jarmo

I still don't understand how sharing a fact about your relationship with a former friend and band member is a bad idea. are you saying because then people will start talking about a reunion? I guess I just don't see that as being an awful consequence, but let me know if there is something else behind your comment.

People talk about a reunion all the time anyway. and that is not a bad thing - it keeps both Slash and Axl in the news. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: