Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:12:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Q&A with Frank Ferrar at Whole Lotta Love / August 14th
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Q&A with Frank Ferrar at Whole Lotta Love / August 14th  (Read 11702 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2015, 02:42:04 PM »

I'll believe its coming sooner rather than alter when I see it. Sorry.. Frank and whoever is in the band or around the band going forward don't get the benefit of doubt when it comes to predicting timelines.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2015, 02:59:23 PM »

Dr. Dre did something, so Axl can do the same.

Lovely logic.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2015, 03:18:45 PM »

Lovely logic.

/jarmo

I would agree that comparing the two isn't exactly ideal.  First, Jimmy Iovine has somewhat of a history of catering to Dr. Dre.  I think Axl is aware of this, and has vented his frustrations in the past.  Also, Dr. Dre's album was meant accompany the 'Straight Outta Compton' film, which created it's own buzz for the album.  Third, he's a billionaire who basically has the music industry by the nuts.

Axl's relationship with the label, as it currently stands, is probably "complicated" at best.  I hope they're in a place where they can come to terms on an upcoming release.  But who knows?
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2015, 03:20:27 PM »

I Believe:

- New Music
- New World Tour
- New(s) Guitar(s)

Excelent & Brillant Good News, Only 4 Months For End 2015

" Sooner Than Later"

smoking

It's till better then "I don't know if soon is the word"

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2015, 03:22:13 PM »

I Believe:

- New Music
- New World Tour
- New(s) Guitar(s)

Excelent & Brillant Good News, Only 4 Months For End 2015

" Sooner Than Later"

smoking

It's till better then "I don't know if soon is the word"

That's assuming Frank knows what he is talking about.  I'm sure he means well, but the word "soon" to a GNR fan could mean anywhere from 0-5 years.  Pretty big parking spot.  Undecided
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2015, 03:24:25 PM »

How do you know it's not what he's been doing?

Because he's released one 14 song album in the past 15 years.

Because he's doing residencies built around 25 year old albums and playing fewer and fewer "new" songs with each successive tour leg since the album came out.

So, I guess my answer would be "because I pay even just the bare minimum of attention".

It would be swell if he was creating music and pushing into new areas, if it were true.  But, much like DJ's laughable claims about setlist variety, you can't lie to me straightfaced and expect I'm going to just accept it as fact.

So, once again, you don?t have any facts?just your well-reasoned, rational, uneducated and negative opinion.

She (or anyone, I suppose) could always fall back on the notion there is all this great stuff that I just haven't heard yet.

OK. 

Well...in that case...I also have recorded a mind blowing album.  I can't wait for you all to hear it once I can figure out the best way to tackle the material for release.  I'm just starting to take a very serious look at what I'm doing in that regard.

Hey...prove me wrong, kids.  Prove me wrong.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2015, 03:27:08 PM »

Lovely logic.

OK.  Then swap him out for the literal hundreds of other artists that seem to get things done every week of every year.  What's the difference?

Let's not pretend its just the Dr. Dre example you object to.  You object to them all!

Because, hey man...just nobody like Guns N' Roses.  No one in the world.  Its all different, all specialized, all unique.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2015, 03:30:36 PM »

I'll believe its coming sooner rather than alter when I see it. Sorry.. Frank and whoever is in the band or around the band going forward don't get the benefit of doubt when it comes to predicting timelines.

Also true.  How excited can you really get about "sooner than later" when a simple "hey, things change" hangs like a Sword Of Damocles over all these rosy outlooks.

I will say answers like this are preferable to "I have no idea what's going on" though.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2015, 03:31:50 PM »

What's the difference?

Well first of you'd have to talk to Axl to figure out what he wants to do, then look at whatever contracts that exist between him and the record company, then you'd have to figure out if whatever you want to do is a viable option to do, maybe you'd have to negotiate some deal to get it released according to the artist's and label's wishes etc etc.

Oh yeah, it's just as simple as "it can be done".

Of course it can be done. Everything is so much easier when you don't need to do any free thinking.

You can also climb Mount Everest. If you want!
Others are doing it, why can't you? Don't tell me any excuses.

Hey...prove me wrong, kids.  Prove me wrong.

Somebody who knows his shit already told you that you're wrong about many things. It kinda makes your credibility score go down.... If that's possible.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 03:33:37 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2015, 03:33:59 PM »

Well first of you'd have to talk to Axl to figure out what he wants to do, then look at whatever contracts that exist between him and the record company, then you'd have to figure out if whatever you want to do is a viable option to do, maybe you'd have to negotiate some deal to get it released according to the artist's and label's wishes etc etc.

Alrighty.

Well, its been 7 years.  How much headway do you think he, or any of his management team, have made on any of that process?  What's your hunch?

Step up on the record for once in your life.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2015, 03:37:01 PM »

Also true.  How excited can you really get about "sooner than later" when a simple "hey, things change" hangs like a Sword Of Damocles over all these rosy outlooks.

I will say answers like this are preferable to "I have no idea what's going on" though.

Sword of Damocles???  Someone's stepping up their game...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2015, 03:37:49 PM »

Sword of Damocles???  Someone's stepping up their game...

I had to!!

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2015, 03:38:44 PM »

I was under the impression that the second album was largely done, even before the touring started in late 2009.  I would imagine that whatever additions and tweaks were needed have  all been completed by now, nearly 6 years later.

But, Jarmo has a point, without knowing where Axl's relationship & negotiations with the label currently stand, all we're doing is grasping at straws.  I'm choosing to hope for the best.  Frank's comments above are encouraging, but we shall see.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2015, 03:41:48 PM »

But, Jarmo has a point, without knowing where Axl's relationship & negotiations with the label currently stand, all we're doing is grasping at straws.  I'm choosing to hope for the best.  Frank's comments above are encouraging, but we shall see.

I'll ask you the same thing I asked him.  Where do you think he, or the team, is on all that process?

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2015, 03:48:17 PM »

I'll ask you the same thing I asked him.  Where do you think he, or the team, is on all that process?

That's a tough question.  We know Axl's interest in working comes and goes, depending on how motivated he feels.  We know last December he was in the studio with Chris. But that was 8 months ago.  Was that him finishing up/mixing the album? If so, we could be rounding third on our 7 year wait for the next album.  If not, and he was just tinkering, we could be in it for the longhaul.

Fernando seemed EXTREMELY reluctant to answer any questions regarding new music, only saying some GNR news is coming, possibly within the next couple of months.  He didn't seem particularly coy, like he knew something we didn't so, again, it's hard to say. Hopefully he just has a terrific online poker face and said announcement is in regard to the next album.

I know, that was basically a long winded way of saying "I have no idea."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2015, 03:54:18 PM »

The process? The music's probably done like he said.

Is the artwork done? Don't know.
Is it mixed, sequenced and mastered? Don't know.
Has an agreement been reached regarding its release? Don't know.

So when will it come out? When all of that is done and everybody is agreeing on putting it out.
I'm guessing that date is between tomorrow and the next ice age....

Cheesy

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2015, 03:56:58 PM »

That's a tough question.  We know Axl's interest in working comes and goes, depending on how motivated he feels.  We know last December he was in the studio with Chris. But that was 8 months ago.  Was that him finishing up/mixing the album? If so, we could be rounding third on our 7 year wait for the next album.  If not, and he was just tinkering, we could be in it for the longhaul.

Fernando seemed EXTREMELY reluctant to answer any questions regarding new music, only saying some GNR news is coming, possibly within the next couple of months.  He didn't seem particularly coy, like he knew something we didn't so, again, it's hard to say. Hopefully he just has a terrific online poker face and said announcement is in regard to the next album.

Hahahaha

Well, none of us know.  We're all just guessing.

I'm sort of with you that I don't think he would be in the studio finishing things up if things were still dogshit with the label.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2015, 04:02:22 PM »

Hahahaha

Well, none of us know.  We're all just guessing.

I'm sort of with you that I don't think he would be in the studio finishing things up if things were still dogshit with the label.

Yeah, I think the big wigs at the label know to give him his space at this point.  This isn't the year 2000 where you can have A&R Man give the tracks a listen and tell Axl to "Make em' better!" taking the wind out his sails in the process.  No, in 2015 when Axl Rose hands you 14 or so finished tracks, you master those fuckers to his liking and get them out under the 'Guns N' Roses' banner.

So, for whatever it's worth, we should take solace in the fact that when Axl's ready to release them, it'll no doubt happen yesterday.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2015, 04:19:11 PM »

It depends.

If somebody says "I won't talk to you until I see the finished product", then you might have to show them the finished product.
Or you just want to finish whatever you had left to finish.

Hypothetically speaking. I don't buy your scenario as the only possible one. Smiley

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2015, 04:24:58 PM »

It depends.

If somebody says "I won't talk to you until I see the finished product", then you might have to show them the finished product.
Or you just want to finish whatever you had left to finish.

Hypothetically speaking. I don't buy your scenario as the only possible one. Smiley

/jarmo

Would the label be that blunt/hard-assed with Axl though? I would hope their relationship would be a little more amicable than that.

Then again, I seem to recall Merck saying that the label refused to give Axl/management a marketing plan for Chinese Democracy until it was in their hands, and that was as of late 2006.  Perhaps they are in fact still playing hardball with Axl.  I don't imagine that helps.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: