Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:20:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 508018 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #680 on: November 09, 2016, 11:33:07 AM »

So, Congrats to President Trump.

I worry for our country....I really do.  I hope it's much better than I expect it to be....but with the Red Wave that has swept over the country, the Repubs having control of all 3 branches (and probably the supremes), Trump will have pretty much unfettered control over government for at least 2 years.  I'm not gonna lie: That scares the shit out of me.

I hope and pray, honestly, that the voters who put him there don't regret it.

I hope the REST of the country doesn't, too.

See ya all back here in four (maybe two) years......

My stretch for a silver lining is that Trump has always talked up infrastructure re-building, sounding like a Dem while doing so, but in this case, that may get the green light from a Republican congress because they won't have political reasons to stonewall those projects (as they have with Obama and Bill Clinton before him).  There's almost universal agreement that infrastructure rebuilding would be good for the country, both in terms of bringing us into the 21st century and in terms of increasing employment and the overall benefit to the economy. 

BTW, why maybe 2 years?

Mid term elections. Smiley

Not sure how interested folks will be, though.

They rarely are interested based on the usual voter turnout. I read the other day about how this election had been "hard on Americans" which I thought was a funny way to phrase things. Maybe it feels that way when politics is only really paid attention to for 6 months every 4 years.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #681 on: November 09, 2016, 12:53:44 PM »

So, Congrats to President Trump.

I worry for our country....I really do.  I hope it's much better than I expect it to be....but with the Red Wave that has swept over the country, the Repubs having control of all 3 branches (and probably the supremes), Trump will have pretty much unfettered control over government for at least 2 years.  I'm not gonna lie: That scares the shit out of me.

I hope and pray, honestly, that the voters who put him there don't regret it.

I hope the REST of the country doesn't, too.

See ya all back here in four (maybe two) years......

My stretch for a silver lining is that Trump has always talked up infrastructure re-building, sounding like a Dem while doing so, but in this case, that may get the green light from a Republican congress because they won't have political reasons to stonewall those projects (as they have with Obama and Bill Clinton before him).  There's almost universal agreement that infrastructure rebuilding would be good for the country, both in terms of bringing us into the 21st century and in terms of increasing employment and the overall benefit to the economy. 

BTW, why maybe 2 years?

Mid term elections. Smiley

Not sure how interested folks will be, though.

They rarely are interested based on the usual voter turnout. I read the other day about how this election had been "hard on Americans" which I thought was a funny way to phrase things. Maybe it feels that way when politics is only really paid attention to for 6 months every 4 years.

Yeah, I vote pretty much ever year (local, state, or national elections).  But the discussion around here really only goes on every 4 years, for the presidential.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #682 on: November 09, 2016, 01:59:07 PM »

I am deeply saddened and ashamed of you America.  no
As an American, I am saddened and embarrassed.  This is horrific and will be a stain upon the country.  no

Ali
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #683 on: November 09, 2016, 02:04:18 PM »

I am getting a kick out of the American media now trying to spin this Trump win

I am hearing now that American decided to put up with all of Trumps bad behavior, because they wanted a change that much.....   Even thought the current president has super high approval ratings...

I do not buy it

I think it boils down to 2 things.

1)  The average middle American, really couldn't stand Clinton.   I can totally see that.  Either can I

2)  The average middle American, actually agrees with a lot of Trumps view points.   All the bad things he says, all the politically incorrectness, everything negative, they dig it and agree with it.  People wont admit to it.  But just like all the polls where wrong, because people kept there business to their selves.   I think a lot of these people share the same view points as trump
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #684 on: November 09, 2016, 02:25:22 PM »

I am hearing now that American decided to put up with all of Trumps bad behavior, because they wanted a change that much.....   Even thought the current president has super high approval ratings...

I do not buy it

1)  The average middle American, really couldn't stand Clinton.   I can totally see that.  Either can I

2)  The average middle American, actually agrees with a lot of Trumps view points.   All the bad things he says, all the politically incorrectness, everything negative, they dig it and agree with it.  People wont admit to it.  But just like all the polls where wrong, because people kept there business to their selves.   I think a lot of these people share the same view points as trump

There were 2 kinds of campaigns run. Clinton's was "we are making progress and need to keep it going" and Trump's was "the country is going to hell and Hillary and her black buddy are the face of the regime that got us here". To a certain demographic.....over the age of 40, blue collar, white....Trump's message resonated more. The 2 last presidential elections may have made us forget that demographic is still the majority in any state besides California or New York.

I grossly overestimated how turned off women were going to be by Trump's locker room talk. Turns out the women outraged by that stuff weren't voting Trump anyway and women in the demographic I mentioned above really didn't end up caring that much about it.

Also, I believe the 3rd party candidates hurt Clinton more than Trump. Take a look at Jill Stein's (Green Party/nutty liberal) numbers in PA and WI. Not huge numbers but if those votes swing Hillary then the races would have been pretty much even in those states. Turns out the Bernie supporters got their 2 cents in after all, and elected the Orange One in the process.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #685 on: November 09, 2016, 05:30:23 PM »

Only in America can a person accused of sexual assault by more then a dozen women, about to go on trial in a civil suit for child rape become president.  I really have to wonder what the women who still supported him given not just the allegations but the things he's on tape saying about women, about an underage girl and about his own daughter!  Do they just not care? Is their self esteem and self worth that low? I don't have a daughter myself but if i overheard Trump say what he said about that 10 year old girl or his own daughter i'd be dialing 911 immediately. I just can't reconcile how any woman could support and vote Trump. I am saddened and disgusted and kind of ashamed of America this afternoon and very scared. This is so much more then Trump being president. With control of congress and senate he can repeal ACA which he has no plan to replace it with. Saying i'm gonna replace it with something great isn't a fucking plan. So i hope if the 20 million that got insurance thanks to ACA voted for Trump i hope they enjoy losing their healthcare! I can also see him rolling back the regulations put in place for wall street and causing another recession that'll take a democrat another 8 years or more to fix. Then there's the supreme court which is even scarier. He could appoint 1 2 or even 3 judges. This could spell the end of Roe V Wade. Marriage equality. This is basically the worst case scenario possible. The only saving grace is the republicans didn't get a super majority in the Senate.  So the dems can at least use the fillibuster. Not that i'm proud about that having to be their strategy but it's either that or let them undo the good things Obama did do.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #686 on: November 09, 2016, 06:06:11 PM »

Only in America can a person accused of sexual assault by more then a dozen women, become president.  I really have to wonder what the women who still supported him  

Funny, I was saying the same things when America TWICE voted Bill Clinton into presidency.  You know, all the sexual indiscretions Hillary enabled and helped cover up?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 06:10:19 PM by Bridge » Logged
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #687 on: November 09, 2016, 07:24:56 PM »

i wonder if health insurance companies will still pay for pre-existing conditions if the Affordable Care Act is repealed. 
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #688 on: November 09, 2016, 07:56:35 PM »

I am deeply saddened and ashamed of you America.  no
As an American, I am saddened and embarrassed.  This is horrific and will be a stain upon the country.  no

Ali

I totally agree with you on this.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #689 on: November 09, 2016, 08:07:41 PM »

Only in America can a person accused of sexual assault by more then a dozen women, become president.  I really have to wonder what the women who still supported him  

Funny, I was saying the same things when America TWICE voted Bill Clinton into presidency.  You know, all the sexual indiscretions Hillary enabled and helped cover up?
Difference is those women with the exception of Jones seemingly lied and Broaddick's claim seems sketchy. Don't you think you'd remember the day you were raped? Also with Clinton we don't have him on any tape bragging about sexually assaulting women, saying inappropriate things about a 10 year old girl as well as his own daughter. Maybe the stuff about Bill is true maybe it isn't. The claims against Trump are more believable simply because of the things we have proof of him saying. Just the way he talks about ivanka make my skin crawl.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #690 on: November 09, 2016, 08:09:18 PM »

i wonder if health insurance companies will still pay for pre-existing conditions if the Affordable Care Act is repealed. 
ACA may be safe. I believe they'd need 2/3 majority to get rid of it. They aren't even close in either house.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #691 on: November 09, 2016, 08:18:18 PM »

I am very surprised how close Texas ended up being. Trump won by only 9%. I don't believe any republican has won by less than double digits in decades.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #692 on: November 09, 2016, 08:23:21 PM »

Lots of anti-trump protests going on tonight. Anyone have one going on near them?
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #693 on: November 09, 2016, 10:24:49 PM »

I do not buy it

I think obams approval ratings went up a lot because of the madness of the elections. Thats what i heard anyway.

And well, the election wasnt all bad. Nearly every marijuana legalization measure both recreational and medicinal passed except for the one in my shitty state, which is pretty embarrassing... but still, recreational bud in ca and nevada are big steps towards ending the catastrophic drug war. And i will gladly canoe across the river to nevada to buy legal weed.  

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #694 on: November 09, 2016, 10:44:54 PM »

Difference is those women with the exception of Jones seemingly lied and Broaddick's claim seems sketchy. Don't you think you'd remember the day you were raped? Also with Clinton we don't have him on any tape bragging about sexually assaulting women, saying inappropriate things about a 10 year old girl as well as his own daughter. Maybe the stuff about Bill is true maybe it isn't. The claims against Trump are more believable simply because of the things we have proof of him saying. Just the way he talks about ivanka make my skin crawl.
I don't know. Are we pretending the whole Monica Lewinsky thing didn't happen? Not sure how that behavior is deemed acceptable.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #695 on: November 09, 2016, 11:28:18 PM »

I do not buy it

I think obams approval ratings went up a lot because of the madness of the elections. Thats what i heard anyway.

And well, the election wasnt all bad. Nearly every marijuana legalization measure both recreational and medicinal passed except for the one in my shitty state, which is pretty embarrassing... but still, recreational bud in ca and nevada are big steps towards ending the catastrophic drug war. And i will gladly canoe across the river to nevada to buy legal weed.  

Now that's something we can agree on. The drug war needs to end.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #696 on: November 09, 2016, 11:30:01 PM »

I don't know. Are we pretending the whole Monica Lewinsky thing didn't happen? Not sure how that behavior is deemed acceptable.
Certainly it isn't acceptable for a man to cheat on his wife. It was consensual though. What Trump is being accused of and facing civil suit for is sexual assault and statutory rape.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #697 on: November 10, 2016, 12:40:20 AM »

Not to mention that Bill Clinton lied to the entire country about it.  He also repeatedly lied about sexual relations with Gennifer Flowers, only to be later forced to admit to it under oath.

Certainly it isn't acceptable for a man to cheat on his wife. It was consensual though. What Trump is being accused of and facing civil suit for is sexual assault and statutory rape.

Bill Clinton was accused of rape and other sexual indiscretions as early as 1969, long before his presidency and even governorship, and they never ceased.  Clinton paid Paula Jones nearly a million dollars to silence her sexual allegations against him.  The bastard is as dirty as they come, and I'm not going to blindly believe he's innocent.

Funny thing is, I don't disagree with the overall concerns about Trump.  This entire election was Clown vs Dirtball.  The Clown got elected.  The Dirtball didn't.  A lot of people are bitching about it.  And those very same people advocated that Hillary Clinton be elected president!!   Shocked

Hillary's full name -- Hillary Rotten Clinton -- says it all.  She's one of the dirtiest politicians to ever disgrace the U.S.A.  -- perhaps even surpassing her scummy husband Bill.  And if she had been elected, they both would've been back in the White House!  Shocked  Now THAT is what I call scary! 

I'll agree that Trump being elected is definitely cause for concern.  It's just funny how people think things would be different if Hillary were elected.  The Clintons are -- and always have been -- their own ruthless little mafia, operating outside the law for their own selfish gains and empowerment.  The fact that Bill Clinton has always been a womanizing creep is the least of their transgressions.

The fact that such an experienced politician like Hillary Clinton was defeated by an unqualified Donald Trump says a lot about Hillary Clinton.  It shows how so many Americans were so sick of the Clintons that they were willing to elect someone as inexperienced (and crass) as Donald Trump.

Here is what the polls may as well have said:

1. Punch here if you hate Donald Trump and would rather be governed by one of the most notoriously dirty politicians in history instead.
2. Punch here if you hate Hillary Clinton so much that you'd rather be governed by a laughably unqualified joker instead.

Americans made their choice.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 02:23:28 AM by Bridge » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #698 on: November 10, 2016, 02:26:27 AM »

Clown vs. Dirtball i like that. Not that it is funny the clown won. Quite the opposite.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #699 on: November 10, 2016, 02:35:05 AM »

Clown vs. Dirtball i like that. Not that it is funny the clown won. Quite the opposite.

Agreed.  Ever since it began, this election has been one that churned the stomach.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: