Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:30:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 509860 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #660 on: November 07, 2016, 11:28:10 PM »

I just wanted to say, with election day just about an hour away for some of us please go out and vote tomorrow if you haven't yet. I don't care who you're voting for but just please vote! The right to vote and choose our leaders democratically is one of the greatest freedoms we have and the more people who vote the better off we are as a democracy. Everyone who's eligible should vote. So please do. It's not just about picking our president. Our votes tomorrow could drastically change the house and senate and determine if anything will actually get done the next four years. These elections as well as state and local are just as important if not more important.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #661 on: November 08, 2016, 01:36:28 AM »

FWIW Dixville Notch has voted in favor of Hillary. They have picked the winner in 3 or the last 4 elections. The only exception was 2012 when the vote split 10-10.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #662 on: November 08, 2016, 06:28:51 AM »

I just wanted to say, with election day just about an hour away for some of us please go out and vote tomorrow if you haven't yet. I don't care who you're voting for but just please vote! The right to vote and choose our leaders democratically is one of the greatest freedoms we have and the more people who vote the better off we are as a democracy. Everyone who's eligible should vote. So please do. It's not just about picking our president. Our votes tomorrow could drastically change the house and senate and determine if anything will actually get done the next four years. These elections as well as state and local are just as important if not more important.

This.

The time for analysis and debate and discussion is over.

Now it's time to vote...and listen to what the people have to say.

Just remember: No matter what....I think you're all awesome.  And tomorrow (or the next day, or the next or...whenever we end up knowing) I will still think so.

See ya on the other side!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #663 on: November 08, 2016, 08:42:24 AM »

Great post

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #664 on: November 08, 2016, 09:14:29 AM »

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #665 on: November 08, 2016, 12:20:46 PM »

A little early in the season, but...these are amazing, FYI, and would help anyone get through the night:

http://eat-drink-love.com/2012/12/gingerbread-martini/

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #666 on: November 08, 2016, 04:09:26 PM »

Ok that seriously made me laugh out loud.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #667 on: November 08, 2016, 04:14:29 PM »

This.

The time for analysis and debate and discussion is over.

Now it's time to vote...and listen to what the people have to say.

Just remember: No matter what....I think you're all awesome.  And tomorrow (or the next day, or the next or...whenever we end up knowing) I will still think so.

See ya on the other side!
Agreed, it's been nice to be able to have a civil debate about the election where nobody go butt hurt. You wouldn't get that on the cesspool that is facebook.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #668 on: November 08, 2016, 09:44:39 PM »

Well...looks like sandman had a point....pretty much all the polls screwed this one.

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #669 on: November 08, 2016, 10:29:53 PM »

Well...looks like sandman had a point....pretty much all the polls screwed this one.

This circus act of an election is great tv

I love all the media and pills that said trump didn't have a chance.   All his supports just didn't want to come public with it   
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #670 on: November 08, 2016, 10:45:16 PM »

Absolutely. I had my wife register to vote this year. We got married 2 years ago and she moved to CT from NY. Our vote for president doesn't matter so much in a blue state, but I do agree on the importance of voting nonetheless.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #671 on: November 08, 2016, 11:16:36 PM »

I thought the polls were oversaming dems. Briefly looked at them at it seems to be true. Using D+ percentages that were greater than 2008, which didnt make sense. They got closer in the last week.

I think there were some games being played, combined with this being a crazy election to predict.

I also think the media chose to ignore the signs of trump enthusiasm:
- social media
- rallies
- yard signs
- tv ratings
- google searches

Hillary will prob still win, but way closer than most expected.

Also, LA Times and IDB nailed it again throughout the whole election season. Had it close all the way with generally a slight lead for trump.

This is just like Brexit. Maybe polling is tougher in 2016? Social media and the public being more connected and better access to info have an effect? Not sure.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #672 on: November 09, 2016, 01:33:32 AM »

I thought the polls were oversaming dems. Briefly looked at them at it seems to be true. Using D+ percentages that were greater than 2008, which didnt make sense. They got closer in the last week.

I think there were some games being played, combined with this being a crazy election to predict.

- social media
- rallies
- yard signs
- tv ratings
- google searches

Also, LA Times and IDB nailed it again throughout the whole election season. Had it close all the way with generally a slight lead for trump.

This is just like Brexit. Maybe polling is tougher in 2016? Social media and the public being more connected and better access to info have an effect? Not sure.
Definitely tougher.  Its easier to avoid taking part in them. One people have less landlines and cellphones have caller ID and you can easily tell by the number if its something you want to answer.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #673 on: November 09, 2016, 06:24:47 AM »

- social media
- rallies
- yard signs
- tv ratings
- google searches

LA Times wasn't a poll, really, so that's straight luck. Even they've admitted to that when talking about their methodology.

IBD nailed the voter model, which is sort of the noteable point in all this.  They used the model from 2004 (which they used in 08, 12, too).  They used an outdated methodology that oversampled Repubs and whites. That SEEMED like an odd choice, going in.

But with a white woman running, rather than a black man.....the voter turn out reverted to VERY close to 2004 levels in most of these swing states.  The Latino vote increased in some spots...but not enough to overcome the white wave from rural areas.  Florida was the prime example.

Pollsters should, pretty much en masse, turn in their polling cards.  The did a horrific job.  I expect some mea culpas from 538 and RCP soon....and I think they've almost made themselves irrelevant going forward.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #674 on: November 09, 2016, 06:28:16 AM »

So, Congrats to President Trump.

I worry for our country....I really do.  I hope it's much better than I expect it to be....but with the Red Wave that has swept over the country, the Repubs having control of all 3 branches (and probably the supremes), Trump will have pretty much unfettered control over government for at least 2 years.  I'm not gonna lie: That scares the shit out of me.

I hope and pray, honestly, that the voters who put him there don't regret it.

I hope the REST of the country doesn't, too.

See ya all back here in four (maybe two) years......

Together again,
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #675 on: November 09, 2016, 06:32:47 AM »

I can't believe the news today
oh I can't close my eyes
and make it go away

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #676 on: November 09, 2016, 07:01:14 AM »

I am deeply saddened and ashamed of you America.  no
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #677 on: November 09, 2016, 07:17:38 AM »

Not what I was expecting. But Ive believed he was a better option than Hillary.

She couldn't even face her supporters last night, she sent out Podesta to tell them to go to bed and it wasn't over 15 minutes before she called Trump to concede. She doesn't lose well. Then again, Trump probably wouldn't have handled that well either if the roles were reversed.

It is very difficult for any political party to hold the White house longer then 2 terms. The pendulum always swings.

This is definitely a lesson to the pollsters and the corrupt media. 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #678 on: November 09, 2016, 09:44:52 AM »

I worry for our country....I really do.  I hope it's much better than I expect it to be....but with the Red Wave that has swept over the country, the Repubs having control of all 3 branches (and probably the supremes), Trump will have pretty much unfettered control over government for at least 2 years.  I'm not gonna lie: That scares the shit out of me.

My stretch for a silver lining is that Trump has always talked up infrastructure re-building, sounding like a Dem while doing so, but in this case, that may get the green light from a Republican congress because they won't have political reasons to stonewall those projects (as they have with Obama and Bill Clinton before him).  There's almost universal agreement that infrastructure rebuilding would be good for the country, both in terms of bringing us into the 21st century and in terms of increasing employment and the overall benefit to the economy. 

BTW, why maybe 2 years?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #679 on: November 09, 2016, 10:55:53 AM »

My stretch for a silver lining is that Trump has always talked up infrastructure re-building, sounding like a Dem while doing so, but in this case, that may get the green light from a Republican congress because they won't have political reasons to stonewall those projects (as they have with Obama and Bill Clinton before him).  There's almost universal agreement that infrastructure rebuilding would be good for the country, both in terms of bringing us into the 21st century and in terms of increasing employment and the overall benefit to the economy. 

BTW, why maybe 2 years?

Mid term elections. Smiley

Not sure how interested folks will be, though.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: