Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 02:17:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 512052 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #580 on: October 30, 2016, 08:04:51 PM »

It is all speculation here. Could be not a big deal or a major bombshell. I lean toward the latter since this is highly unprecedented. That is all.

Maybe.

But thats not why the letter went out, or why the fbi is looking.

Assumng the worst is bias. Which is fine...but at least lets call a spade a spade.

I'm not assuming either way...former or latter. Theres not enough info to do so. I believe those who have commented who are in a position to know that the reason they are looking is simply because....like everest...the material is simply there. Its unprecedented (thus why judicial advised against it)....because Comey feels an unprecedented amount of pressure to cover his ass. He basically said that, too, in his letter to staffers.

We'll see if he now runs afoul of The Hatch act (doubtful).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #581 on: November 01, 2016, 07:40:20 AM »

If anyone is curious....

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #582 on: November 01, 2016, 07:41:38 AM »

On a side note, of all the members here, it seems to be 3 of us who are most interested in this election. Been enjoying the thoughtful and civil debate , which is a rarity.  Forget about finding that on facebook, so much misinformation and angry knuckleheads on both sides. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 07:47:04 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #583 on: November 01, 2016, 08:02:44 AM »

Dont think you can deny it now. First Debbie and now Donna were caught cheating to help their preferred candidate. The DNC really knows how to pick 'em. 

CNN cuts all ties with Democratic Party chief Donna Brazile after hacked email shows she leaked a SECOND debate question to Hillary's campaign

Interim Democratic Party Chairwoman Donna Brazile no longer has a job as a paid commentator on CNN
WikiLeaks has published an email showing she leaked a CNN Democratic primary debate question to senior Hillary Clinton aides a day in advance
The question, about lead poisoning in the Flint, Michigan water supply, was asked in the debate where Clinton squared off against Bernie Sanders
Brazile also wrote one of the Clinton staffers with a death-penalty question from a CNN-hosted town hall one day ahead of time
'From time to time I get the questions in advance,' she wrote, later claiming Russian hackers had set her up
CNN now says: 'We are completely uncomfortable with what we have learned about her interactions with the Clinton campaign'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3890588/CNN-cuts-ties-Democratic-Party-chief-Donna-Brazile-hacked-email-shows-leaked-SECOND-debate-question-Hillary-

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #584 on: November 01, 2016, 09:00:14 AM »

Dont think you can deny it now. First Debbie and now Donna were caught cheating to help their preferred candidate. The DNC really knows how to pick 'em. 

CNN cuts all ties with Democratic Party chief Donna Brazile after hacked email shows she leaked a SECOND debate question to Hillary's campaign

Interim Democratic Party Chairwoman Donna Brazile no longer has a job as a paid commentator on CNN
WikiLeaks has published an email showing she leaked a CNN Democratic primary debate question to senior Hillary Clinton aides a day in advance
The question, about lead poisoning in the Flint, Michigan water supply, was asked in the debate where Clinton squared off against Bernie Sanders
Brazile also wrote one of the Clinton staffers with a death-penalty question from a CNN-hosted town hall one day ahead of time
'From time to time I get the questions in advance,' she wrote, later claiming Russian hackers had set her up
CNN now says: 'We are completely uncomfortable with what we have learned about her interactions with the Clinton campaign'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3890588/CNN-cuts-ties-Democratic-Party-chief-Donna-Brazile-hacked-email-shows-leaked-SECOND-debate-question-Hillary-

But it the Russians!!!  rofl

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #585 on: November 01, 2016, 09:26:51 AM »

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 09:32:48 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #586 on: November 01, 2016, 06:58:30 PM »

On a side note, of all the members here, it seems to be 3 of us who are most interested in this election. Been enjoying the thoughtful and civil debate , which is a rarity.  Forget about finding that on facebook, so much misinformation and angry knuckleheads on both sides. 
Tell me about it. I see so much incorrect crap on facebook. It is astonishing what people will believe from a fake news site or a meme.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #587 on: November 02, 2016, 11:25:18 AM »

Hillary's chances are plummeting with this latest email nonsense still making the headlines.  Right now, Trump seems well-positioned to take this.  I'm already starting to make my peace with that and trying to see the good that might come from his presidency.

Counting the states Trump is ahead in, he has 217 electoral votes locked up already.  Florida, North Carolina and Nevada are about a dead heat now; with Trump's current momentum, you have to assume he's taking those states too, so that bumps his electoral votes up to 261.  So, to get to the 270 he needs to win, all he has to do is win any 1 of the states that he's currently losing by 5% or less (Pennsylvania 4.2% margin, Michigan 5%, Colorado 3.9%, Wisconsin 4.7%).  Hillary's lead in those states is rapidly deteriorating and there's still 6 days left, so... 
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #588 on: November 02, 2016, 09:09:39 PM »

Hillary's chances are plummeting with this latest email nonsense still making the headlines.  Right now, Trump seems well-positioned to take this.  I'm already starting to make my peace with that and trying to see the good that might come from his presidency.

Counting the states Trump is ahead in, he has 217 electoral votes locked up already.  Florida, North Carolina and Nevada are about a dead heat now; with Trump's current momentum, you have to assume he's taking those states too, so that bumps his electoral votes up to 261.  So, to get to the 270 he needs to win, all he has to do is win any 1 of the states that he's currently losing by 5% or less (Pennsylvania 4.2% margin, Michigan 5%, Colorado 3.9%, Wisconsin 4.7%).  Hillary's lead in those states is rapidly deteriorating and there's still 6 days left, so... 

We'll see, today's IBD/TIPP poll which has been the most accurate in the last few elections has it as a dead heat. One caveat to consider is early voting. A lot of it took place prior to all this new hoopla with the emails. Normally i'd say that might not have a big impact but many states had record numbers for early voting and it heavily favored Hillary.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #589 on: November 02, 2016, 10:14:22 PM »

After reading about the debate on here, I thought trump didnt stand a chance. Now he may actually win?

Sam harris must be losing sleep.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #590 on: November 03, 2016, 07:34:59 AM »

Dammit Dammit Dammit !!

Weld says Hillary is an honest person. We know that isn't true and it has already been proven. He is delusional.

These guys aren't ready for prime time. Damn shame since my views line up with theirs more than any of the others.

Don't see these guys reaching 5% of the vote at this point so why bother ?

Now I'm left with voting for Donald Trump. Not necessarily where I wanted to be but I see no other option.

http://rare.us/story/bill-welds-embrace-of-hillary-clinton-directly-undermines-libertarians-unique-appeal/

Bill Weld?s embrace of Hillary Clinton directly undermines libertarians? unique appeal

The Libertarian Party?s vice presidential nominee seems to have officially signed up as a surrogate for the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Bill Weld had an interview on MSNBC?s Rachel Maddow Show on Tuesday, and he used that opportunity to essentially endorse Clinton for president ? even declining to clearly argue that the man at the top of his own ticket, Gary Johnson, would make a superior president.

?Well I?m here vouching for Mrs. Clinton,? he explained, ?and I think it?s high time somebody did, and I?m doing it based on my personal experience with her. I think she deserves to have people vouch for her other than members of the Democratic National Committee, so I?m here to do that.?

Earlier this year, notes Matt Welch at Reason, Weld said he would not vote for Clinton because he is a ?lifetime member of the Libertarian Party.? So much for that, huh?

Weld also broke with his own campaign?s statement on the recent developments in Clinton?s email investigation, arguing that FBI Director James Comey?s decision to reopen the inquiry was more about politics than real questions about Clinton?s actions.

more http://rare.us/story/bill-welds-embrace-of-hillary-clinton-directly-undermines-libertarians-unique-appeal/

Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I4Fkiu2nak

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #591 on: November 03, 2016, 07:56:05 AM »

Some interesting developments 5 days out from Election Day. This is why I can not vote for her and why I think she is a horrible choice for POTUS. If she gets elected she will be mired in investigation and an ineffective leader with having to run the country and battle these scandals. .

Bret Baier: FBI Sources Believe Clinton Foundation Case Moving Towards "Likely an Indictment"

Posted By Tim Hains
On Date November 2, 2016

Back to Videos
Bret Baier: FBI Sources Believe Clinton Foundation Case Moving Towards "Likely an Indictment"
34k Shares
Posted By Tim Hains
On Date November 2, 2016

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/02/fbi_sources_tell_fox_news_indictment_likely_in_clinton_foundation_case.html
<iframe src="http://content.jwplatform.com/players/d6bBL96S-EAYoNgFe.html" width="320" height="260" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto"></iframe>

Fox News Channel's Bret Baier reports the latest news about the Clinton Foundation investigation from two sources inside the FBI. He reveals five important new pieces of information in these two short clips:

1. The Clinton Foundation investigation is far more expansive than anybody has reported so far and has been going on for more than a year.

2. The laptops of Clinton aides Cherryl Mills and Heather Samuelson have not been destroyed, and agents are currently combing through them. The investigation has interviewed several people twice, and plans to interview some for a third time.

3. Agents have found emails believed to have originated on Hillary Clinton's secret server on Anthony Weiner's laptop. They say the emails are not duplicates and could potentially be classified in nature.

4. Sources within the FBI have told him that an indictment is "likely" in the case of pay-for-play at the Clinton Foundation, "barring some obstruction in some way" from the Justice Department.

5. FBI sources say with 99% accuracy that Hillary Clinton's server has been hacked by at least five foreign intelligence agencies, and that information had been taken from it.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/02/fbi_sources_tell_fox_news_indictment_likely_in_clinton_foundation_case.html

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #592 on: November 03, 2016, 10:50:48 AM »

The headline is incorrect (or misleading), though.

The first question wasn't for any of the debates. It was for the CNN town hall.

The second question was for a primary debate, not a presidential debate (which is what Trump keeps saying).

In addition, there's some debate over whether the second one they found (the primary debate question) was a leak.  In just about every public forum in Flint, since the water issue began, you have EXACTLY the situation described: A woman with a rash asking about the water in Flint. So there is question over whether it was leaking a question, or a recap/prediction based on every other public forum in the area, on the topic.

It looks slimey, though. For sure.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 11:27:46 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #593 on: November 03, 2016, 10:55:33 AM »

See, this is the problem.

One problem does not immediately disarm the second.

If you acknowledge one, and not the other...you're engaging in personal bias.

You can't disregard, especially given the recent FBI leaks and stories about secret servers doing odd shit, the potential links between Trump and Russia.

And, at this point, the intelligence community has pretty much confirmed the Russians are responsible for the major hacks (DNC, DCC, Podesta emails) leaking info through wikileaks.

You have a bad foreign actor who may have relations to a presidential candidate, and seems to be, at best, trying to cause chaos in the ekection process.

If you ignore that, and go after Hillary for her email issues.....that's hypocrisy.  And I'm not saying that to condemn anyone, or call anyone out.  It is what it is.  This is the problem when politics becomes sporting event/bloodsport.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 12:08:04 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #594 on: November 03, 2016, 11:02:16 AM »

Debateable.

The polls today show a map that STILL has Trump with a rough path to 270.

Unless Trump can manage to get PA AND NC AND VA AND NH away from HRC....it's going to be a tough go. My guess right now, pending any other craziness this week, is HRC 293, Trump 244.

Also while some polls have narrowed drastically, others have stayed close where they were (within a point or two).

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #595 on: November 03, 2016, 11:12:17 AM »

We'll see, today's IBD/TIPP poll which has been the most accurate in the last few elections has it as a dead heat. One caveat to consider is early voting. A lot of it took place prior to all this new hoopla with the emails. Normally i'd say that might not have a big impact but many states had record numbers for early voting and it heavily favored Hillary.

Don't believe the IBD hype, fyi. Wink It's of their own making.

They use that line in their marketing and sites, but if you look at numbers...they were good in 04 and 08...and not so hot in 12.

That's because of their sample method, which is pure, live, telephone.  It neglects (still) certain demographic changes, and undersamples cell phones (65% cell, 35% landlines...while actual usage shows it's more like 75%/25% now...maybe wider), giving certain demographics more weight in their polls.

In addition, their algo for adjustment seems weighted more toward oversampling conservative and white voters, in an electorate who's largest growing segments are liberal minorities.  Their numbers are going to, in most cases, favor Trump vs reality.

I'm not saying it's a bad poll...but this is why learning methodology in polling is important when reading and interpreting results. 

The NBC/Surveymonkey poll, on the other hand, oversamples millenials, those with higher education, and suburban white voters.  Thats because their survey is on the back end of their regular survey product, and thus....used more by those demographics.  It's adjustment algo seems to weight minority, liberal voters a bit more....which might help their adjustment..but you'll still notice their # will probably favor HRC vs reality.

We've talked about the LA timse/USC poll (which isn't really).

And Rasmussen is pure garbage.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 11:29:17 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #596 on: November 03, 2016, 11:14:20 AM »

Dammit Dammit Dammit !!

Weld says Hillary is an honest person. We know that isn't true and it has already been proven. He is delusional.

These guys aren't ready for prime time. Damn shame since my views line up with theirs more than any of the others.

Don't see these guys reaching 5% of the vote at this point so why bother ?

Now I'm left with voting for Donald Trump. Not necessarily where I wanted to be but I see no other option.

And you think Trump is honest?

Because that seems to be your hot button issue.

If honesty really is your hot button, write in Evan McMullin.  He's the most honest candidate running, IMHO.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #597 on: November 03, 2016, 11:22:42 AM »

Some interesting developments 5 days out from Election Day. This is why I can not vote for her and why I think she is a horrible choice for POTUS. If she gets elected she will be mired in investigation and an ineffective leader with having to run the country and battle these scandals. .

Posted By Tim Hains
On Date November 2, 2016

Back to Videos
34k Shares
Posted By Tim Hains
On Date November 2, 2016

<iframe src="http://content.jwplatform.com/players/d6bBL96S-EAYoNgFe.html" width="320" height="260" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto"></iframe>

Fox News Channel's Bret Baier reports the latest news about the Clinton Foundation investigation from two sources inside the FBI. He reveals five important new pieces of information in these two short clips:

1. The Clinton Foundation investigation is far more expansive than anybody has reported so far and has been going on for more than a year.

2. The laptops of Clinton aides Cherryl Mills and Heather Samuelson have not been destroyed, and agents are currently combing through them. The investigation has interviewed several people twice, and plans to interview some for a third time.

3. Agents have found emails believed to have originated on Hillary Clinton's secret server on Anthony Weiner's laptop. They say the emails are not duplicates and could potentially be classified in nature.

4. Sources within the FBI have told him that an indictment is "likely" in the case of pay-for-play at the Clinton Foundation, "barring some obstruction in some way" from the Justice Department.

5. FBI sources say with 99% accuracy that Hillary Clinton's server has been hacked by at least five foreign intelligence agencies, and that information had been taken from it.

Trump has a pending civil rape case (with witnesses), investigations into his own foundation, an FBI investigation into his ties to Russia, an investigation into that embargo violation, an already adjudicated improper donation to a political campaign,  and other issues, as well.

You are going to have massive amounts of scandal the next 4 years...no matter who takes office.  First off...the opposing party is going to make sure of it (witness R members of congress already talking about impeachment before HRC is elected). And second...because both candidates engage in various shady enterprises that, at best, walk the legal line.

Pretending Trump doesn't have just as many foibles, if not more, than HRC just isn't accurate.  His are less public service focused...because he has NEVER DONE A SECOND OF PUBLIC SERVICE IN HIS LIFE. Wink  Give him a month as POTUS.....they'll be trying to impeach him, too.

FYI: RCP aggregates extremist articles from both sides, and some moderate content as well.  The original sources on much of what you just posted is....questionable.  I'm not saying Baier is wrong (Though he has foisted off questionable propaganda, before... http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/05/23/bret-baier-birther-report-draws-journalism-ethi/164071 ), but I'm sorry: Fox news is not a credible news source when it comes to HRC. Just as MSNBC isn't credible when it comes to news and conjecture on Trump.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 11:43:04 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #598 on: November 03, 2016, 11:44:31 AM »

Can we just get BOTH the people at the top of the ticket to drop out?

Let Pence run for Prez with Ryan as his VP.

Let Kaine run for Prez with Kerry as his VP.

And we can vote for THOSE tickets???

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #599 on: November 03, 2016, 01:07:19 PM »

See, this is the problem.

One problem does not immediately disarm the second.

If you acknowledge one, and not the other...you're engaging in personal bias.

You can't disregard, especially given the recent FBI leaks and stories about secret servers doing odd shit, the potential links between Trump and Russia.

And, at this point, the intelligence community has pretty much confirmed the Russians are responsible for the major hacks (DNC, DCC, Podesta emails) leaking info through wikileaks.

You have a bad foreign actor who may have relations to a presidential candidate, and seems to be, at best, trying to cause chaos in the ekection process.

If you ignore that, and go after Hillary for her email issues.....that's hypocrisy.  And I'm not saying that to condemn anyone, or call anyone out.  It is what it is.  This is the problem when politics becomes sporting event/bloodsport.

blaming Russia is an old dirty trick. you don't think Hillary has over-played that just a little?

it worked for her for a bit, but now it just seems like a ridiculous excuse. she would have been better off saying the e-mails are fake. that would be a more believable lie IMO.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: