Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:07:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 507798 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #760 on: November 14, 2016, 02:56:09 PM »

As long as no one is hurt or any property is damaged they have a right to protest under the constitution. But when they cross that line is where the problem lies and that has happened in a few places such as Portland.

The number of peaceful participants FAR outweigh those causing trouble, around the country.

Again: VERY specifically, those causing trouble, and inciting riots, should be condemned and they should be told they will be held accountable, legally.  And, in the next breath, those assembling peacefully should be assured that nothing will get in the way of them assembling peacefully and protesting. From everyone involved.

And that includes from our President-elect.  I don't care how "unfair" he finds them. I don't care if he thinks they're "paid".  They are doing nothing wrong.  And how he handles those protests goes a long way toward quelling, or fanning, the fears about his administration.

KellyAnne's comments to (and about) Harry Reid has already set a tone that's making people nervous.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:13:43 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #761 on: November 14, 2016, 06:22:08 PM »

I love all the people that have said if trump won they will be coming moving to Canada.  We do not want them here trust me.
Lao isn't that a case of just taking your ball home

My guy didn't win in their fair race so I am leaving.  Meh. 

The mayoralty of people cane be right because that not how i feel! 

People must of voted for him because of this.  It's the only way I can explain it.

Your guy lost. Get over it     

Just to be clear...HRC lost...yes.  But the majority of the people (by about 2 million votes) actually voted for her.

It's a minor point, but one worth considering.

Well yeah there are lots of people in New York and California......   I actually like this way of voting.

Where two big one sided hugely populated states cant dictate an election.  

It seemed looking at a voting map of America that the majority of the country was red.

Here in Canada, Ontario can still dictate a federal electrical, just because the majority of people live there......  Sometimes elections are called before votes in the west are even counted.

Again, define "majority".

Not the majority of people/voters.

But the majority of land mass, I guess.

That's right.  The majority of states.  The majority of land

Should it not be the will of the majority of the people who gets elected?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #762 on: November 14, 2016, 06:48:00 PM »

On 60 minutes last night, Trump told his supporters who have been accused of harassing minorities to stop.

I'd say that Obama and Hillary should extend the same request to the anti-Trump rioters.

I dont know how effective a request like that would be though since it has been reported that at least some of rioters are  professional protestors.

Blocks Of Anti-Trump Protest Buses Caught On Tape

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-13/blocks-anti-trump-protest-buses-caught-tape

They should condemn the riots.

Peaceful protests? Nope.

That's what the constitution is all about, and precisely why it's worded and set up the way it is.

You may disagree with them.  And even if you think they're "not legit" and paid or inorganic or whatever......

The right to do so is granted them, whatever the motivation, by the constitution.

They will either be effective, or they won't.  But they shouldn't stop just because some people don't like them, or they make them uncomfortable, or whatever.
precisely, the first amendment is there for a reason. We either have it or we don't. We can't only apply it to things we agree with. You have the right to disagree with the protesters but you still have to respect their right to do so. Just as your right to disagree with them is respected. Free speech works both ways.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 09:14:01 PM by tim_m » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #763 on: November 15, 2016, 08:06:21 AM »

I love all the people that have said if trump won they will be coming moving to Canada.  We do not want them here trust me.

People must of voted for him because of this.  It's the only way I can explain it.

Just to be clear...HRC lost...yes.  But the majority of the people (by about 2 million votes) actually voted for her.

Well yeah there are lots of people in New York and California......   I actually like this way of voting.

It seemed looking at a voting map of America that the majority of the country was red.

Here in Canada, Ontario can still dictate a federal electrical, just because the majority of people live there......  Sometimes elections are called before votes in the west are even counted.

Ive done a little digging on this since Ive never understood why we elect POTUS based on the EC and not the straight popular vote.

My understanding is that If we just based it on the popular vote, only a handful of densely populated areas would always decide and the lower populated areas would never have a say in deciding the outcome. A candidate could go to NY. LA and a few other major cities and campaign and be concerned with the issues they face and rural America gets ignored.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #764 on: November 15, 2016, 08:16:16 AM »

On 60 minutes last night, Trump told his supporters who have been accused of harassing minorities to stop.

I'd say that Obama and Hillary should extend the same request to the anti-Trump rioters.

I dont know how effective a request like that would be though since it has been reported that at least some of rioters are  professional protestors.

Blocks Of Anti-Trump Protest Buses Caught On Tape

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-13/blocks-anti-trump-protest-buses-caught-tape

They should condemn the riots.

Peaceful protests? Nope.

That's what the constitution is all about, and precisely why it's worded and set up the way it is.

You may disagree with them.  And even if you think they're "not legit" and paid or inorganic or whatever......

The right to do so is granted them, whatever the motivation, by the constitution.

They will either be effective, or they won't.  But they shouldn't stop just because some people don't like them, or they make them uncomfortable, or whatever.
precisely, the first amendment is there for a reason. We either have it or we don't. We can't only apply it to things we agree with. You have the right to disagree with the protesters but you still have to respect their right to do so. Just as your right to disagree with them is respected. Free speech works both ways.

Let me explain perhaps better than I had in my previous posts, sorry if this will seem redundant.....

I agree 100% with you on that. But when it turns from a peaceful protest to a riot, that is when law enforcement needs to step in.  The protestors are a mix of people with different reasons for being there. Some are there out of fear and concern. Others are there just to start shit and damage property. Others are being paid and are there for a check.

I totally respect their right to protest peacefully and also respect their concerns, my opinion on Trump is obviously different than theirs but that doesn't matter, they have a right to make their voices heard.

But the fact some are being paid takes away from the ones who are there on their own time and want their voices heard.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #765 on: November 15, 2016, 11:25:32 AM »

Not the minor majority.

I really like this way of representing the whole of a country and not just a couple of states.

Here in Canada many elections are called before even half the country has had a chance to vote.

And who knows, perhaps if the minor majority could win elections the campaigns would of been different.....

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #766 on: November 15, 2016, 03:34:54 PM »

Ive done a little digging on this since Ive never understood why we elect POTUS based on the EC and not the straight popular vote.

My understanding is that If we just based it on the popular vote, only a handful of densely populated areas would always decide and the lower populated areas would never have a say in deciding the outcome. A candidate could go to NY. LA and a few other major cities and campaign and be concerned with the issues they face and rural America gets ignored.

That was PART of it. For sure.

The other (obsolete) part was simply this: They had no way to realistically and fairly count an entire countries votes in a month.  It was far easier, and logistically tenable, for each state to count their own and then send their electors to DC to be counted that way.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #767 on: November 15, 2016, 09:04:25 PM »

The other (obsolete) part was simply this: They had no way to realistically and fairly count an entire countries votes in a month.  It was far easier, and logistically tenable, for each state to count their own and then send their electors to DC to be counted that way.

I lost complete faith in voting when i realized that someone could win the popular vote and still lose the election. It seemed to defeat the purpose.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #768 on: November 15, 2016, 09:57:45 PM »

Yep when the EC was created in part for that reason it made sense. Back then counting and reporting the results obviously took much longer. Now it still takes time to count EVERY vote but more often then not enough can be counted election night to know the winner.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #769 on: November 15, 2016, 10:03:06 PM »

I see what you are saying but even now you have states candidates ignore because they know they have it in the bag or thought they did. Did Hillary go to CA? NY? When did she ever step foot in WI? Did she go to most of the southern states that she knew Trump had in the bag? I can understand why people want the winner of the popular vote to be the deciding factor. It makes people feel like in situations like this their vote doesn't count or matter.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #770 on: November 16, 2016, 07:52:01 AM »

One change that could be made is award the electoral votes by state proportionally instead of winner take all. All states could be counted with the same system that Maine and Nebraska uses. This would be a better representation of the vote.

But changing they way a POTUS  is elected isn't an easy task.

On a side note, dont expect to hear about election fraud for the next 3 1/2 years. Now would be the time to work on that to ensure we dont have the same kinds of issues we have every election such as bad voting machines, dead people on the rolls, non citizens falling thru the cracks and voting, etc. No one seems to care in between elections only when we get closer and it is too late to do anything about it.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #771 on: November 17, 2016, 12:40:57 AM »

One change that could be made is award the electoral votes by state proportionally instead of winner take all. All states could be counted with the same system that Maine and Nebraska uses. This would be a better representation of the vote.

But changing they way a POTUS  is elected isn't an easy task.

On a side note, dont expect to hear about election fraud for the next 3 1/2 years. Now would be the time to work on that to ensure we dont have the same kinds of issues we have every election such as bad voting machines, dead people on the rolls, non citizens falling thru the cracks and voting, etc. No one seems to care in between elections only when we get closer and it is too late to do anything about it.

That's not a bad idea. That's how many of the primaries and caucuses are done. I'd be ok with that.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #772 on: November 19, 2016, 11:07:18 AM »

Twitter:

Axl Rose ‏@axlrose
Good people don't listen to, acknowledge, nominate or elect people like Senator Jeff Sessions.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #773 on: November 19, 2016, 01:57:11 PM »

Twitter:

Axl Rose ‏@axlrose
Good people don't listen to, acknowledge, nominate or elect people like Senator Jeff Sessions.

ok thx for that

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #774 on: November 19, 2016, 02:25:56 PM »

Sheesh, Axl's getting political.   Tongue

http://radio.com/2016/11/18/axl-rose-slams-jeff-sessions/
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #775 on: November 19, 2016, 06:51:47 PM »

Funny considering Sessions helped desegregate schools in Alabama and also fought for death penalty for a KKK member.  But yet, there's an alleged report of him coming across as racist back in 1986 that some people want to run with.  I would think Axl of all people would know better than to take something in the media as fact....especially when it comes from a liberal calling a conservative racist.  That's a new one

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #776 on: November 19, 2016, 07:19:28 PM »

Funny considering Sessions helped desegregate schools in Alabama and also fought for death penalty for a KKK member.  But yet, there's an alleged report of him coming across as racist back in 1986 that some people want to run with.  I would think Axl of all people would know better than to take something in the media as fact....especially when it comes from a liberal calling a conservative racist.  That's a new one

Probably more about Sessions' anti-immigration crusading.

I've seen enough.
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #777 on: November 20, 2016, 03:14:50 AM »

Axl's right.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #778 on: November 20, 2016, 07:34:47 AM »

Twitter:

Axl Rose ‏@axlrose

Well, i know for sure "One in a milion" is his favourite song  Roll Eyes
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #779 on: November 20, 2016, 08:50:10 AM »

Twitter:

Axl Rose ‏@axlrose
"Hamilton Cast harassed Pence." Do u ever stop whining?An apology?Seriously?!U won,this is the job,get on with it or get out of the kitchen.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: