Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 02:22:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 512056 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #600 on: November 03, 2016, 01:15:08 PM »

Can we just get BOTH the people at the top of the ticket to drop out?

Let Pence run for Prez with Ryan as his VP.

Let Kaine run for Prez with Kerry as his VP.

And we can vote for THOSE tickets???

that would be horrible. the people overwhelmingly want CHANGE. they want to blow up Washington. no one likes Trump, but they love what he represents. an outsider that is not owned by lobbyists and big banks.

if trump were to pull the upset, I think he would be dead within 6 months. the powerful elite will not take kindly to the big F U from the public. they will send a message to get us all back in line. and career politicians will be put back in all major political positions that they can control.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #601 on: November 03, 2016, 01:55:29 PM »

But it the Russians!!!  rofl

See, this is the problem.

One problem does not immediately disarm the second.

If you acknowledge one, and not the other...you're engaging in personal bias.

You can't disregard, especially given the recent FBI leaks and stories about secret servers doing odd shit, the potential links between Trump and Russia.

And, at this point, the intelligence community has pretty much confirmed the Russians are responsible for the major hacks (DNC, DCC, Podesta emails) leaking info through wikileaks.

You have a bad foreign actor who may have relations to a presidential candidate, and seems to be, at best, trying to cause chaos in the ekection process.

If you ignore that, and go after Hillary for her email issues.....that's hypocrisy.  And I'm not saying that to condemn anyone, or call anyone out.  It is what it is.  This is the problem when politics becomes sporting event/bloodsport.

blaming Russia is an old dirty trick. you don't think Hillary has over-played that just a little?

it worked for her for a bit, but now it just seems like a ridiculous excuse. she would have been better off saying the e-mails are fake. that would be a more believable lie IMO.

So...you dont belive the 17 different U.S. Intellgence agencies who all say its the Russians?

Its not Hillary saying it. Its every credible intelligence source on the planet.

Again, if you want to ignore that...its fine. But it's hypocrisy. Plain and simple.

It doesnt make the contents of the wikileaks emails any more excuseable (though there has also been a lot of over lown shit in there, too).  They are seperate issues. Both are (or should be) concerning. Ideology (and i am not pointing direct fingers) is obfuscating that fact from far too man folks.

I am not voting for either of these chuckleheads...but i find the involvement of foriegn bad actors in our election process...and potentially with a candidate...far worse than anything in the podesta emails, so far.  The podesta emails depict smarmy calculated icky politics...which isnt anything new for the clintons (and One of the reasons I wouldn't vote for her unless forced to choose the lesser evil, which i'm not).  The other is calculated espionage against our country.....and potential treason.

Say what you want about private email servers and clinton influence peddling. Its sleazy and crappy and worthy of discussion. But the Russians essentially commiting acts of war, and possibly a manchurian candidate, is worse. And ignoring it because of ideology seems, to me, to be backwards thinkng. Both sides have questions they should answer. And we, as a country, should reject any foreign influence on our election, even if that influence "benefits" our ideology. Because next time...it might not. And either way...its the right thing to do.

Trump would literally jump 1 to 2 points in the polls if he condemned Russia tomorrow and said he would call for an immediate investigation into the source of the wikileaks material if elected....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #602 on: November 03, 2016, 02:03:54 PM »

It isnt Russia-   https://www.rt.com/news/365164-assange-interview-wikileaks-russia/

Assange: WikiLeaks did not receive Clinton emails from Russian govt (JOHN PILGER EXCLUSIVE)
Published time: 3 Nov, 2016 05:00
Edited time: 3 Nov, 2016 15:14

In a John Pilger Special, to be exclusively broadcast by RT on Saturday courtesy of Dartmouth Films, whistleblower Julian Assange categorically denied that the troves of US Democratic Party and Clinton work and staff emails released this year have come from the Russian government.

?The Clinton camp has been able to project a neo-McCarthyist hysteria that Russia is responsible for everything. Hillary Clinton has stated multiple times, falsely, that 17 US intelligence agencies had assessed that Russia was the source of our publications. That?s false ? we can say that the Russian government is not the source,? Assange told the veteran Australian broadcaster as part of a 25-minute John Pilger Special, courtesy of Dartmouth Films.

Assange, who spoke with Pilger at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, where he has been for four years, also accused the US presidential candidate of being a pawn of behind-the-scenes interests, and voiced doubts about her physical fitness to take charge of the White House.

?Hillary Clinton is just one person. I actually feel quite sorry for Hillary Clinton as a person, because I see someone who is eaten alive by their ambitions, tormented literally to the point where they become sick ? for example faint ? as a result of going on, and going with their ambitions. But she represents a whole network of people, and a whole network of relationships with particular states.?

Over the past nine months, WikiLeaks uploaded over 30,000 emails from Hillary Clinton?s private email server, while she was Secretary of State. This was followed by nearly 20,000 emails sent to and by members of the US Democratic National Committee, exposing the party leadership?s dismissive attitude to Bernie Sanders, and his outsider primaries campaign.

Finally, last month, WikiLeaks posted over 50,000 emails connected to John Podesta, Bill Clinton?s chief of staff, and a close associate of the current presidential frontrunner.

The Homeland Security Department and Office of the Director of National Intelligence posted a joint statement in October, claiming they were ?confident? that the Russian government ?directed? this year?s leaks.

Moscow has rejected the accusation, with presidential press secretary Dmitry Peskov calling the claims ?nonsense,? while Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said the ?public bickering with Russia? before the US election is probably a ?smokescreen? to draw the voters? attention away from serious domestic issues.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #603 on: November 03, 2016, 02:09:26 PM »

that would be horrible. the people overwhelmingly want CHANGE. they want to blow up Washington. no one likes Trump, but they love what he represents. an outsider that is not owned by lobbyists and big banks.

if trump were to pull the upset, I think he would be dead within 6 months. the powerful elite will not take kindly to the big F U from the public. they will send a message to get us all back in line. and career politicians will be put back in all major political positions that they can control.

The people don't overwhelingly want anything. Look at the numbers.

The people supporting Trump want a return to an economy that doesn't exist, to express outrage to a government they feel has ignored them, and to push back on a progressive social agenda that has pushed them to the margins of society (and is not likely to move back in their direction, even if Trump wins....though they can take solace that legally they might win for about 4 years). I dont fault them for latching  on to something, anything, that allows them to express that frustration.  They have a right to it, in many cases. But the outlet they think they are getting... from a guy who has followed trump and his carreer for 30+ years...what they think they are getting, the bill of goods they are being sold....is not what they are getting.

Look at the majority of the Trump demos. Less educated,white, blue collar males. it is the demo shrinking at the fastest rate you can imagine. That economy...the one that was able to support that demo...is dead.  And not one thing Trump has proposed (with no specificity, actually) is going to change it.

So we can agree to disagree what he represents.... Smiley

Nobody would assasinate trump, imho. He would either be impeached and arrested within a year...or set up a fascist state where he could operate with impunity. I dont find either option appealing....
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 02:21:25 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #604 on: November 03, 2016, 02:18:37 PM »

It isnt Russia-   https://www.rt.com/news/365164-assange-interview-wikileaks-russia/

Assange: WikiLeaks did not receive Clinton emails from Russian govt (JOHN PILGER EXCLUSIVE)
Published time: 3 Nov, 2016 05:00
Edited time: 3 Nov, 2016 15:14

In a John Pilger Special, to be exclusively broadcast by RT on Saturday courtesy of Dartmouth Films, whistleblower Julian Assange categorically denied that the troves of US Democratic Party and Clinton work and staff emails released this year have come from the Russian government.

?The Clinton camp has been able to project a neo-McCarthyist hysteria that Russia is responsible for everything. Hillary Clinton has stated multiple times, falsely, that 17 US intelligence agencies had assessed that Russia was the source of our publications. That?s false ? we can say that the Russian government is not the source,? Assange told the veteran Australian broadcaster as part of a 25-minute John Pilger Special, courtesy of Dartmouth Films.

Assange, who spoke with Pilger at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, where he has been for four years, also accused the US presidential candidate of being a pawn of behind-the-scenes interests, and voiced doubts about her physical fitness to take charge of the White House.

?Hillary Clinton is just one person. I actually feel quite sorry for Hillary Clinton as a person, because I see someone who is eaten alive by their ambitions, tormented literally to the point where they become sick ? for example faint ? as a result of going on, and going with their ambitions. But she represents a whole network of people, and a whole network of relationships with particular states.?

Over the past nine months, WikiLeaks uploaded over 30,000 emails from Hillary Clinton?s private email server, while she was Secretary of State. This was followed by nearly 20,000 emails sent to and by members of the US Democratic National Committee, exposing the party leadership?s dismissive attitude to Bernie Sanders, and his outsider primaries campaign.

Finally, last month, WikiLeaks posted over 50,000 emails connected to John Podesta, Bill Clinton?s chief of staff, and a close associate of the current presidential frontrunner.

The Homeland Security Department and Office of the Director of National Intelligence posted a joint statement in October, claiming they were ?confident? that the Russian government ?directed? this year?s leaks.

Moscow has rejected the accusation, with presidential press secretary Dmitry Peskov calling the claims ?nonsense,? while Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said the ?public bickering with Russia? before the US election is probably a ?smokescreen? to draw the voters? attention away from serious domestic issues.

Just fyi: Assange has, repeatedly, in the past, lied about the sources of info for wikileaks. He initially lied about Snowden until the evidence was so overwhelming he couldn't keep up the charade. There are other examples, too. He's not particularly credible..because hes not historically honest...on that front.

And there is a also a decent chance that he does not know the genesis of the hack, either. Russian intelligence would not be so obvious as to announce themselves to Assange (especially to him, all things considered). Far more likely they use his stated campaing against the clintons to their own ends, and left him in the dark. Hes a patsy....

And the third possibility is..lreading the quote above, is hes playing semantic games. The verbage is interesting, forvsure.

In this...unless you think the intelligence agencies of the world are incompetent, or working directly for the clintons (and thats a conspiracy theory worthy of infowars, and we will part company there), I think they are far more credible of a source than Assange is. Strictly on resources and agenda, alone, if nothing else.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 03:14:11 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #605 on: November 03, 2016, 02:45:51 PM »

Hillary's chances are plummeting with this latest email nonsense still making the headlines.  Right now, Trump seems well-positioned to take this.  I'm already starting to make my peace with that and trying to see the good that might come from his presidency.

Counting the states Trump is ahead in, he has 217 electoral votes locked up already.  Florida, North Carolina and Nevada are about a dead heat now; with Trump's current momentum, you have to assume he's taking those states too, so that bumps his electoral votes up to 261.  So, to get to the 270 he needs to win, all he has to do is win any 1 of the states that he's currently losing by 5% or less (Pennsylvania 4.2% margin, Michigan 5%, Colorado 3.9%, Wisconsin 4.7%).  Hillary's lead in those states is rapidly deteriorating and there's still 6 days left, so... 

Debateable.

The polls today show a map that STILL has Trump with a rough path to 270.

Unless Trump can manage to get PA AND NC AND VA AND NH away from HRC....it's going to be a tough go. My guess right now, pending any other craziness this week, is HRC 293, Trump 244.

Also while some polls have narrowed drastically, others have stayed close where they were (within a point or two).

Hope you're right.  My source was 538 (http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/), which I like because it factors in all major polls.

Since I last checked, Trump has taken the lead in NC and FL (still even in NV).  PA has narrowed to 3.7%, Michigan 4.2%, Colorado 3.3%, Wisconsin 4.3%.  Plus, Hillary's lead is now only 4.6% in VA (had been over 5%). 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #606 on: November 03, 2016, 03:08:04 PM »

Hillary's chances are plummeting with this latest email nonsense still making the headlines.  Right now, Trump seems well-positioned to take this.  I'm already starting to make my peace with that and trying to see the good that might come from his presidency.

Counting the states Trump is ahead in, he has 217 electoral votes locked up already.  Florida, North Carolina and Nevada are about a dead heat now; with Trump's current momentum, you have to assume he's taking those states too, so that bumps his electoral votes up to 261.  So, to get to the 270 he needs to win, all he has to do is win any 1 of the states that he's currently losing by 5% or less (Pennsylvania 4.2% margin, Michigan 5%, Colorado 3.9%, Wisconsin 4.7%).  Hillary's lead in those states is rapidly deteriorating and there's still 6 days left, so... 

Debateable.

Unless Trump can manage to get PA AND NC AND VA AND NH away from HRC....it's going to be a tough go. My guess right now, pending any other craziness this week, is HRC 293, Trump 244.

Also while some polls have narrowed drastically, others have stayed close where they were (within a point or two).

Hope you're right.  My source was 538 (http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/), which I like because it factors in all major polls.

Since I last checked, Trump has taken the lead in NC and FL (still even in NV).  PA has narrowed to 3.7%, Michigan 4.2%, Colorado 3.3%, Wisconsin 4.3%.  Plus, Hillary's lead is now only 4.6% in VA (had been over 5%). 

A lot if it depends on which polls are released on which days,for the running averages. Tonght and tomorrow we will get a batch that have been more reputable in the oast election cycle....while the past 3 days we have seen ibd, ipsos, and rasmussen....which have shown trump leads or overstatings of margins in trumps favor, compared to other polls, for months. The abc poll showing 12% clinton lead awhile back was assuredly nuts, too. Some of those outliers are coming back to a 3/4 pt lead....i think thats closer to reality. I think it was 5 or 6 before last Friday.

Ignore the la times/usc poll which shows the trump +5, because its not a true poll, its a repeated pulse taker (same 3k likely voter pool every day....and it started at trump +6 at the get go). Ignore rasmussen because its bunk.

On the states...i need more polling. In each case, you have 4 or 5 polls over the last week (or even few days) showing hrc with leads, and then one poll, from a polling agency that has not polled the state previously (or, like remmbgton research, that has shown trump leads in states where every other poll has shown hrc with leads), showing big margin swings.  They might be right..but with no previous comparable numbers, or with previus comparables that were huge departures from every other poll, and no other polls showing similar margins, its hard to know.

Co is a great example. A poll through oct 30 and another through oct 31 show hrc with a 4 pt lead. They both have multiple comparable polls over the past month, and the new polls show a 1 pt and a 2 pt drop. The uni denver poll shows trump tied, or +1. But its uni denvers first poll this year that i can find. So there is no comparable.

The nc and nh polls have similar issues. Fl has bouncd back and forth the past month..even when polling was showing hrcs lead increasing...so i think thats been a toss up right along. Not sure about pa.....have to look, but given the poll dumps today, again....i need to see those numbers firm up before i'd lend them credence.

Certainly the talk of flipping states like texas, az, etc....those are done.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 03:34:20 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #607 on: November 03, 2016, 03:25:04 PM »

Debateable.

To be clear....he has a path. But if hrc has nh(4), pa(20), and co (9)......shes at 269. He then has to run the table of the other toss ups, including virginia and nc (where the reputable polls show hrc up 3, and the two less reputable polls...the remmington research polls are notoriously based toward repubs....show trump up 2 and 7!).

Its a tough path. Not impossible. Easier than it was last thursday. But not easy.

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #608 on: November 03, 2016, 03:31:30 PM »

Polls schmolls, its now settled....

A monkey kisses the cardboard cutout of US Presidential candidate Donald Trump during a selection intended to predict the result of the US election, at a park in Changsha, in China's Hunan province on November 3, 2016. The monkey chose Republican candidate Donald Trump. / AFP / STR / China OUT

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/monkey-kisses-the-cardboard-cutout-of-us-presidential-news-photo/620802860#monkey-kisses-the-cardboard-cutout-of-us-presidential-candidate-a-picture-id620802860

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #609 on: November 03, 2016, 03:37:14 PM »

A monkey kisses the cardboard cutout of US Presidential candidate Donald Trump during a selection intended to predict the result of the US election, at a park in Changsha, in China's Hunan province on November 3, 2016. The monkey chose Republican candidate Donald Trump. / AFP / STR / China OUT

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/monkey-kisses-the-cardboard-cutout-of-us-presidential-news-photo/620802860#monkey-kisses-the-cardboard-cutout-of-us-presidential-candidate-a-picture-id620802860

I mean, if i'm being honest, if i had to kiss one if them, it would be trump.  And i'm a straight, married, father of three. I don't know if i could ever recover from kissing hrc (but Chelea.....ohhhh yeah!). And hey, at least i know trump couldn't grab ME by the pussy.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #610 on: November 03, 2016, 07:37:54 PM »

We'll see, today's IBD/TIPP poll which has been the most accurate in the last few elections has it as a dead heat. One caveat to consider is early voting. A lot of it took place prior to all this new hoopla with the emails. Normally i'd say that might not have a big impact but many states had record numbers for early voting and it heavily favored Hillary.

Don't believe the IBD hype, fyi. Wink It's of their own making.

They use that line in their marketing and sites, but if you look at numbers...they were good in 04 and 08...and not so hot in 12.

That's because of their sample method, which is pure, live, telephone.  It neglects (still) certain demographic changes, and undersamples cell phones (65% cell, 35% landlines...while actual usage shows it's more like 75%/25% now...maybe wider), giving certain demographics more weight in their polls.

In addition, their algo for adjustment seems weighted more toward oversampling conservative and white voters, in an electorate who's largest growing segments are liberal minorities.  Their numbers are going to, in most cases, favor Trump vs reality.

I'm not saying it's a bad poll...but this is why learning methodology in polling is important when reading and interpreting results. 

The NBC/Surveymonkey poll, on the other hand, oversamples millenials, those with higher education, and suburban white voters.  Thats because their survey is on the back end of their regular survey product, and thus....used more by those demographics.  It's adjustment algo seems to weight minority, liberal voters a bit more....which might help their adjustment..but you'll still notice their # will probably favor HRC vs reality.

We've talked about the LA timse/USC poll (which isn't really).

And Rasmussen is pure garbage.
Interesting, thanks for clarifying that. Today's polls seem to be back to favoring Hillary. IBD is still tied and USC and Rasmussen say Trump, but we've already established those lean right.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #611 on: November 03, 2016, 07:51:49 PM »

Tonight ABC and NBC have Clinton +2-3 which i think is more accurate. Gravis has her +1 and IPSOS has her at a ridiculous +6-8 in 2 and 4 way race. NH could go to Trump but today's polls show PA MI CO FL to Hillary and GA may be in play. UT TX and AR are now seemingly firm Trump. I don't know if the new email thing changed things here in TX or if the previous polls showing it close were inaccurate.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #612 on: November 03, 2016, 08:51:58 PM »

A few questions answered......they're not duplicates....

FBI finds emails related to Hillary Clinton's State Department tenure

Last Updated Nov 3, 2016 7:54 PM EDT

The FBI has found emails related to Hillary Clinton?s tenure as secretary of state on the laptop belonging to the estranged husband of Huma Abedin, Anthony Weiner, according to a U.S. official.

These emails, CBS News? Andres Triay reports, are not duplicates of emails found on Secretary Clinton?s private server. At this point, however, it remains to be seen whether these emails are significant to the FBI?s investigation into Clinton. It is also not known how many relevant emails there are.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-finds-emails-related-to-hillary-clintons-state-department-tenure/

« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:19:01 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #613 on: November 03, 2016, 08:53:54 PM »

I think the only reason Hillary has a slight lead at this point is because she is running against Trump.  If it were a more mainstream & refined candidate ( ie. Rubio or Kasich) she'd be done.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #614 on: November 03, 2016, 09:18:24 PM »

I think the only reason Hillary has a slight lead at this point is because she is running against Trump.  If it were a more mainstream & refined candidate ( ie. Rubio or Kasich) she'd be done.

On this, we agree. If Kasich were on the ballot, or literally almost any of the 15 other R candidates who sought the nom, were on the ticket, i would likely be voting for them.

Which speaks volumes about Trump, imho.

Together again,
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #615 on: November 03, 2016, 10:20:56 PM »

I mean, if i'm being honest, if i had to kiss one if them, it would be trump.  And i'm a straight, married, father of three. I don't know if i could ever recover from kissing hrc (but Chelea.....ohhhh yeah!). And hey, at least i know trump couldn't grab ME by the pussy.

Woah! I dont think ive ever heard you talk that way pilf.  hihi

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #616 on: November 03, 2016, 10:28:53 PM »

On this, we agree. If Kasich were on the ballot, or literally almost any of the 15 other R candidates who sought the nom, were on the ticket, i would likely be voting for them.

Which speaks volumes about Trump, imho.
Definitely, if it was Hillary vs Kasich she'd be down double digits. I won't say all the other potential candidates would have such a big lead. There's a few that were equally as bad as Trump. If it were Sanders vs Trump or any of the other candidates on the right he'd be up double digits.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #617 on: November 04, 2016, 08:23:49 AM »

But it the Russians!!!  rofl

See, this is the problem.

One problem does not immediately disarm the second.

If you acknowledge one, and not the other...you're engaging in personal bias.

You can't disregard, especially given the recent FBI leaks and stories about secret servers doing odd shit, the potential links between Trump and Russia.

And, at this point, the intelligence community has pretty much confirmed the Russians are responsible for the major hacks (DNC, DCC, Podesta emails) leaking info through wikileaks.

You have a bad foreign actor who may have relations to a presidential candidate, and seems to be, at best, trying to cause chaos in the ekection process.

If you ignore that, and go after Hillary for her email issues.....that's hypocrisy.  And I'm not saying that to condemn anyone, or call anyone out.  It is what it is.  This is the problem when politics becomes sporting event/bloodsport.

blaming Russia is an old dirty trick. you don't think Hillary has over-played that just a little?

it worked for her for a bit, but now it just seems like a ridiculous excuse. she would have been better off saying the e-mails are fake. that would be a more believable lie IMO.

So...you dont belive the 17 different U.S. Intellgence agencies who all say its the Russians?

Its not Hillary saying it. Its every credible intelligence source on the planet.

Again, if you want to ignore that...its fine. But it's hypocrisy. Plain and simple.

It doesnt make the contents of the wikileaks emails any more excuseable (though there has also been a lot of over lown shit in there, too).  They are seperate issues. Both are (or should be) concerning. Ideology (and i am not pointing direct fingers) is obfuscating that fact from far too man folks.

I am not voting for either of these chuckleheads...but i find the involvement of foriegn bad actors in our election process...and potentially with a candidate...far worse than anything in the podesta emails, so far.  The podesta emails depict smarmy calculated icky politics...which isnt anything new for the clintons (and One of the reasons I wouldn't vote for her unless forced to choose the lesser evil, which i'm not).  The other is calculated espionage against our country.....and potential treason.

Say what you want about private email servers and clinton influence peddling. Its sleazy and crappy and worthy of discussion. But the Russians essentially commiting acts of war, and possibly a manchurian candidate, is worse. And ignoring it because of ideology seems, to me, to be backwards thinkng. Both sides have questions they should answer. And we, as a country, should reject any foreign influence on our election, even if that influence "benefits" our ideology. Because next time...it might not. And either way...its the right thing to do.

Trump would literally jump 1 to 2 points in the polls if he condemned Russia tomorrow and said he would call for an immediate investigation into the source of the wikileaks material if elected....

everyone agrees that the involvement of "foreign bad actors" is a scary thing. but trump has nothing to do with that. Clinton, on the other hand, taking payments from middle eastern leaders is a direct link of foreign nations having influence and control over Hillary. Hillary has consistently tried to tie trump to Russia directly, which I believe has been a mistake. that "criticism" stands out more than any other, while Trump has so many factual "things" to pound him about that would be far more effective.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #618 on: November 04, 2016, 08:56:38 AM »

The people don't overwhelingly want anything. Look at the numbers.

The people supporting Trump want a return to an economy that doesn't exist, to express outrage to a government they feel has ignored them, and to push back on a progressive social agenda that has pushed them to the margins of society (and is not likely to move back in their direction, even if Trump wins....though they can take solace that legally they might win for about 4 years). I dont fault them for latching  on to something, anything, that allows them to express that frustration.  They have a right to it, in many cases. But the outlet they think they are getting... from a guy who has followed trump and his carreer for 30+ years...what they think they are getting, the bill of goods they are being sold....is not what they are getting.

Look at the majority of the Trump demos. Less educated,white, blue collar males. it is the demo shrinking at the fastest rate you can imagine. That economy...the one that was able to support that demo...is dead.  And not one thing Trump has proposed (with no specificity, actually) is going to change it.

So we can agree to disagree what he represents.... Smiley

Nobody would assasinate trump, imho. He would either be impeached and arrested within a year...or set up a fascist state where he could operate with impunity. I dont find either option appealing....

the biggest thing trump supporters like about him is immigration. that is what his whole campaign has been based on, and it's what has carried him to this point. and the majority of the country wants tougher immigration laws.

the 2nd big item is trade.

3rd is the first amendment. it's the political correctness issue and the progressive's goal of limiting a free sharing of ideas.   

yes, trump does better than Hillary with people that do not have a college degree (about 44-36 for trump). those people that feel like they have the smallest stake in this country, don't have a fighting chance, and are at the mercy of the big banks. I think it's obvious why those people would not want to support Hillary, which is basically a vote for Goldman Sachs.

Hillary does better than Trump with people that have college degrees (about a 10-point advantage, approx. 45-35 for Hillary).

but that's still millions of uneducated voting for Hillary, and millions of educated voting for Trump. it's no where near the divide we have based on race, or even male/female.

speaking of race....what the hell happened to Black Lives Matter? I guess Hillary realized they were not good for her and gave the MSM the memo.   

sandman
Legend

« Reply #619 on: November 04, 2016, 09:02:34 AM »

both of these posts cracked me up!!!

for years, I thought Chelsea was disgusting, but she is looking great these days.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: