Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 01:34:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 512319 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #560 on: October 28, 2016, 07:42:15 AM »

And these people vote..... Undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anNWYPfK2oU

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #561 on: October 28, 2016, 08:28:20 AM »

Can't cast my vote for a criminal that got away with it 

You just described both major party candidates....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #562 on: October 28, 2016, 06:42:35 PM »

Maybe i should restate it,

Can't cast my vote for the bigger criminal that got away with it   Grin

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #563 on: October 28, 2016, 06:45:05 PM »

Maybe she wont get away with it after all. I dont think the FBI would do this unless they came across something substantial.

Computer seized in Weiner probe prompts FBI to take new steps in Clinton email inquiry

Newly discovered emails found on a computer seized during an investigation of disgraced former congressman Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) have prompted the FBI to make new inquiries related to Hillary Clinton?s private email server, according to three people familiar with the deliberations.

FBI Director James B. Comey informed congressional leaders Friday that the agency would take ?appropriate investigative steps? to determine whether the newly discovered emails contain classified information and to assess their importance to the Clinton server probe.

The emails were found on a computer used jointly by both Weiner and his wife, top Clinton aide Huma Abedin, according to a person with knowledge of the inquiry. Federal officials have been examining Weiner?s alleged sexually suggestive online messages with a teenage girl. The link to the Weiner probe was first reported by the New York Times.

Comey?s announcement appears to restart the FBI?s probe of Clinton?s server, which previously ended in July with no charges.

more https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-to-conduct-new-investigation-of-emails-from-clintons-private-server/2016/10/28/0b1e9468-9d31-11e6-9980-50913d68eacb_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_no-name%3Apage%2Fbreaking-news-bar&tid=a_breakingnews

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #564 on: October 28, 2016, 07:19:38 PM »

If she's really done something illegal she shouldn't get away with it. Nobody should be above the law, but how are there not investigation into Trump assaulting women? Posible sex and drug parties with underage girls? That's downright disgusting. Sexism is alive and well in this election.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #565 on: October 28, 2016, 07:23:22 PM »

I decided to vote early. I'm disabled and like to do it early to try and avoid long lines. Well that didn't work this time. The lines here in Denton county in Texas were massive. It was almost out the door. It was the most people i'd ever seen for early voting. So far there's been record turnout here. I'm glad people are coming out in big numbers this year but i have to wonder where the hell they were in other elections? They have to show up in droves to vote for tweedlle dee and tweedle dum instead of a year where there's actually a worthy candidate? One thing i can say is if Hillary wins which seems likely, at least we can celebrate that another barrier has been knocked down and we'll have our first woman president. That at least will be historic and many decades overdue. I just wish it was a better woman candidate.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 07:29:09 PM by tim_m » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #566 on: October 29, 2016, 01:25:39 PM »

Maybe i should restate it,

Can't cast my vote for the bigger criminal that got away with it   Grin

yeah, but based on actual facts and evidence...they are roughly equal in that deoartment, too.

If you are going to vote for either of the two major party candidates, you have to own, and be honest with yourself, about what they are.

Imho, trump is worse...but they are both terrible.

One is an untrustworthy, possibly corrupt, alleged criminal, two faced career politician, with multiple potential conflicts of interest. She is likely in wall streets pocket. Her husband is also kind of a dirtbag (but was a pretty good president).

The other is a sleazy (in terms of business and personal dealings),alleged sexual assaulter of women, admitted (multiple time) criminal, racist, mysoginistic, admittedly corrupt budinessman who's major declared polices all seem set to help his businesses, with multiple potential conflicts of interest. And his STATED policies are actually DANGEROUS, and he has voiced support  for, now, two foreign despots.

The rest is all just lipstick on the pigs by the various spin machines.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:56:20 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #567 on: October 29, 2016, 01:34:41 PM »

Maybe she wont get away with it after all. I dont think the FBI would do this unless they came across something substantial.

Computer seized in Weiner probe prompts FBI to take new steps in Clinton email inquiry

Newly discovered emails found on a computer seized during an investigation of disgraced former congressman Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) have prompted the FBI to make new inquiries related to Hillary Clinton?s private email server, according to three people familiar with the deliberations.

FBI Director James B. Comey informed congressional leaders Friday that the agency would take ?appropriate investigative steps? to determine whether the newly discovered emails contain classified information and to assess their importance to the Clinton server probe.

The emails were found on a computer used jointly by both Weiner and his wife, top Clinton aide Huma Abedin, according to a person with knowledge of the inquiry. Federal officials have been examining Weiner?s alleged sexually suggestive online messages with a teenage girl. The link to the Weiner probe was first reported by the New York Times.

Comey?s announcement appears to restart the FBI?s probe of Clinton?s server, which previously ended in July with no charges.

more https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-to-conduct-new-investigation-of-emails-from-clintons-private-server/2016/10/28/0b1e9468-9d31-11e6-9980-50913d68eacb_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_no-name%3Apage%2Fbreaking-news-bar&tid=a_breakingnews

That second sentence would be 100% innaccurate.

Based on what we know,during the Weiner probe, a significant amount of correspondance between hrc and huma abedin (weiners soon to be ex wife) was found. They have no clue if its anything substantial, or even if its new material. All they know is ts something they have to review. They issued the letter to cya., so that if the fact they were reviewing new material came to light..no one would accuse comey of trying to hide it. The letter lends no insight, whatsoever, into whether there is anything of substance there to find. And insiders have said, substantive or not, they would becrequired to do due dilligence and review it all.  This could literally be 1000 emails about cocktails, billiads, and the walking dead...or not. The two women are personal friends....not just coworkers...and have been for years. The short answer is: we don't know.

Any conclusions being jumped to, on either side, are premature. Even Comey has basically said this.

Most non-partisan pundits are saying they doubt this has any effect on the original recommendations.

Its bothersome, in terms of the election.....yes. Because its unlikely we get full results before then, so voters are left to wonder.

I Would say this: HRC has to know pretty much what is on there. The campaign seems to be sweating timing, not content...and asking the fbi to release all the info. I'm not sure they would do that if they were not 100% sure of whats there. Maybe.....
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:53:32 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #568 on: October 29, 2016, 04:48:49 PM »

I agree, if she knew what was in there was incriminating she wouldn't be saying release it.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #569 on: October 29, 2016, 04:51:51 PM »

FWIW IBD/TIPP which has been the most accurate poll in the last 3 elections now has Hillary up 5 in a 2 way race and 4 in a 4 way race. Unless there's something really damning in those new emails i think this race might be over with just over a week until election day.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #570 on: October 29, 2016, 04:59:38 PM »

Based on what we know,during the Weiner probe, a significant amount of correspondance between hrc and huma abedin (weiners soon to be ex wife) was found. They have no clue if its anything substantial, or even if its new material. All they know is ts something they have to review. They issued the letter to cya., so that if the fact they were reviewing new material came to light..no one would accuse comey of trying to hide it. The letter lends no insight, whatsoever, into whether there is anything of substance there to find. And insiders have said, substantive or not, they would becrequired to do due dilligence and review it all.  This could literally be 1000 emails about cocktails, billiads, and the walking dead...or not. The two women are personal friends....not just coworkers...and have been for years. The short answer is: we don't know.

Any conclusions being jumped to, on either side, are premature. Even Comey has basically said this.

Most non-partisan pundits are saying they doubt this has any effect on the original recommendations.

Its bothersome, in terms of the election.....yes. Because its unlikely we get full results before then, so voters are left to wonder.

I Would say this: HRC has to know pretty much what is on there. The campaign seems to be sweating timing, not content...and asking the fbi to release all the info. I'm not sure they would do that if they were not 100% sure of whats there. Maybe.....

We dont know what they found, but Comey went against protocol as well as the objection of Loretta Lynch with this letter to congress.  Would they do this if they found something very minor? 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #571 on: October 29, 2016, 08:31:57 PM »

We dont know what they found, but Comey went against protocol as well as the objection of Loretta Lynch with this letter to congress.  Would they do this if they found something very minor? 

Yup.

Because he was covering his ass. To be clear..this wasnt a "they", it was a "he". And i believe he disregarded Lynch for exactly that reason: cya. He said as much in the note releaeed/leaked today.....they literally have zero idea what they have. He just inows they have "stuff".

If he says nothing, and trump or the repubs find out, later, they were investigating something that turned out substantial (and he said...he thinks there was a high likelihood it would have leaked)...they crucify him, and scream about a rigged process, and he withheld info that the voters should have had. And he is likely forced to resign in disgrace.

Ths Way..the dems can bitch about timng and plea for release of more info, and kvetch about it being unprecedented, but nobody can actually claim he fucked up. He literally has done nothing wrong, no matter what happens here. At least nothing that would harm his career (neither candidate likes him...so no change there).

The more info that has come out this weekend, the more info leakng from the fbi (and wtf is that about?!), the more it looks like its nothing....at least so far. They literally have NOT found anything substantive yet. So...to answer your question again: yes..yes he would. And apparently yes, yes  he did.

Trump is certainly trying to imply otherwise, but its based on nothing but his leap to a conclusion not born out by the actual information we have so far. He is,mas usual, distorting the facts "big league". He might, eventually, turn out to be right if they find something. But they have found zippo so far, apparently. The content, basically, was not the reason for the letter.....it was spurred just by the existance of the material. Reportedly, they aren't even sure how much of this material is new, and how much they've already reviewed. They know nothing, Jon Snow....

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 08:58:55 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #572 on: October 30, 2016, 12:13:22 PM »

Yup.

Because he was covering his ass. To be clear..this wasnt a "they", it was a "he". And i believe he disregarded Lynch for exactly that reason: cya. He said as much in the note releaeed/leaked today.....they literally have zero idea what they have. He just inows they have "stuff".

If he says nothing, and trump or the repubs find out, later, they were investigating something that turned out substantial (and he said...he thinks there was a high likelihood it would have leaked)...they crucify him, and scream about a rigged process, and he withheld info that the voters should have had. And he is likely forced to resign in disgrace.

Ths Way..the dems can bitch about timng and plea for release of more info, and kvetch about it being unprecedented, but nobody can actually claim he fucked up. He literally has done nothing wrong, no matter what happens here. At least nothing that would harm his career (neither candidate likes him...so no change there).

The more info that has come out this weekend, the more info leakng from the fbi (and wtf is that about?!), the more it looks like its nothing....at least so far. They literally have NOT found anything substantive yet. So...to answer your question again: yes..yes he would. And apparently yes, yes  he did.

Trump is certainly trying to imply otherwise, but its based on nothing but his leap to a conclusion not born out by the actual information we have so far. He is,mas usual, distorting the facts "big league". He might, eventually, turn out to be right if they find something. But they have found zippo so far, apparently. The content, basically, was not the reason for the letter.....it was spurred just by the existance of the material. Reportedly, they aren't even sure how much of this material is new, and how much they've already reviewed. They know nothing, Jon Snow....

This is a possibility and it seems you're pretty convinced that this is indisputable fact. You may be right but also you may not be. 

Let me pose another possibility........

Yes, Comey is covering his ass. We  agree  there. But why?

Julian Assange has said that he has more emails coming  and that what is coming will get Hillary arrested. Is he bluffing? Does he have a reason to? So far he has put his money where his mouth is.

Perhaps the FBI and Comey know what is in these emails and have decided to re-open the case to save face. We are in unknown territory here , there is no precedent for the FBI to apparently close an investigation, reopen it with less than 2 weeks before an election.

We will know for sure in the coming days.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #573 on: October 30, 2016, 04:10:01 PM »

Lets say for arguments sake that something is found in these new emails and Hillary is arrested before the election. What the hell happens to the democrat nominee? Does Kaine become the nominee? Sanders? This would be absolutely unprecedented in american politics. The democrats sure as hell aren't gonna let Trump win unopposed.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #574 on: October 30, 2016, 06:50:34 PM »

Lets say for arguments sake that something is found in these new emails and Hillary is arrested before the election. What the hell happens to the democrat nominee? Does Kaine become the nominee? Sanders? This would be absolutely unprecedented in american politics. The democrats sure as hell aren't gonna let Trump win unopposed.

Worst case scenario for her that I see as a possibility is that they find an email or 1000 on Huma's PC that contradicts her testimony she made to the FBI which would be lying under oath.

I think if the Democrats had a fair primary we could have been looking at Bernie Sanders as a nominee and he would be ahead of Trump with double digits.  While I did not agree with his policies he was honest and had a real movement behind him that was for the candidate and not a reaction to Trump, which is what Hillary has. Other than being the 1st woman nominee she really does not offer much as far as anything different that what we have with Obama now.

If for some reason she were to drop out before election day ( which I dont see as likely),   Kaine would have to be the guy that takes her place.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #575 on: October 30, 2016, 06:51:27 PM »

Some are even calling for Hillary to step down if this really plays out bad for her.....

Democrats should ask Clinton to step aside

John KassJohn KassContact Reporter

Has America become so numb by the decades of lies and cynicism oozing from Clinton Inc. that it could elect Hillary Clinton as president, even after Friday's FBI announcement that it had reopened an investigation of her emails while secretary of state?

We'll find out soon enough.

It's obvious the American political system is breaking down. It's been crumbling for some time now, and the establishment elite know it and they're properly frightened. Donald Trump, the vulgarian at their gates, is a symptom, not a cause. Hillary Clinton and husband Bill are both cause and effect.

FBI director James Comey's announcement about the renewed Clinton email investigation is the bombshell in the presidential campaign. That he announced this so close to Election Day should tell every thinking person that what the FBI is looking at is extremely serious.

This can't be about pervert Anthony Weiner and his reported desire for a teenage girl. But it can be about the laptop of Weiner's wife, Clinton aide Huma Abedin, and emails between her and Hillary. It comes after the FBI investigation in which Comey concluded Clinton had lied and been "reckless" with national secrets, but said he could not recommend prosecution.

So what should the Democrats do now?

If ruling Democrats hold themselves to the high moral standards they impose on the people they govern, they would follow a simple process:

They would demand that Mrs. Clinton step down, immediately, and let her vice presidential nominee, Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia, stand in her place.

Democrats should say, honestly, that with a new criminal investigation going on into events around her home-brew email server from the time she was secretary of state, having Clinton anywhere near the White House is just not a good idea.

Since Oct. 7, WikiLeaks has released 35,000 emails hacked from Clinton campaign boss John Podesta. Now WikiLeaks, no longer a neutral player but an active anti-Clinton agency, plans to release another 15,000 emails.

What if she is elected? Think of a nation suffering a bad economy and continuing chaos in the Middle East, and now also facing a criminal investigation of a president. Add to that congressional investigations and a public vision of Clinton as a Nixonian figure wandering the halls, wringing her hands.

The best thing would be for Democrats to ask her to step down now. It would be the most responsible thing to do, if the nation were more important to them than power. And the American news media ? fairly or not firmly identified in the public mind as Mrs. Clinton's political action committee ? should begin demanding it.

But what will Hillary do?

She'll stick and ride this out and turn her anger toward Comey. For Hillary and Bill Clinton, it has always been about power, about the Clinton Restoration and protecting fortunes already made by selling nothing but political influence.

She'll remind the nation that she's a woman and that Donald Trump said terrible things about women. If there is another notorious Trump video to be leaked, the Clintons should probably leak it now. Then her allies in media can talk about misogyny and sexual politics and the headlines can be all about Trump as the boor he is and Hillary as champion of female victims, which she has never been.

Remember that Bill Clinton leveraged the "Year of the Woman." Then he preyed on women in the White House and Hillary protected him. But the political left ? most particularly the women of the left ? defended him because he promised to protect abortion rights and their other agendas.

If you take a step back from tribal politics, you'll see that Mrs. Clinton has clearly disqualified herself from ever coming near classified information again. If she were a young person straight out of grad school hoping to land a government job, Hillary Clinton would be laughed out of Washington with her record. She'd never be hired.

As secretary of state she kept classified documents on the home-brew server in her basement, which is against the law. She lied about it to the American people. She couldn't remember details dozens of times when questioned by the FBI. Her aides destroyed evidence by BleachBit and hammers. Her husband, Bill, met secretly on an airport tarmac with Attorney General Loretta Lynch for about a half-hour, and all they said they talked about was golf and the grandkids.

And there was no prosecution of Hillary.

That isn't merely wrong and unethical. It is poisonous.

And during this presidential campaign, Americans were confronted with a two-tiered system of federal justice: one for standards for the Clintons and one for the peasants.

I've always figured that, as secretary of state, Clinton kept her home-brew email server ? from which foreign intelligence agencies could hack top secret information ? so she could shield the influence peddling that helped make the Clintons several fortunes.

The Clintons weren't skilled merchants. They weren't traders or manufacturers. The Clintons never produced anything tangible. They had no science, patents or devices to make them millions upon millions of dollars.

All they had to sell, really, was influence. And they used our federal government to leverage it.

If a presidential election is as much about the people as it is about the candidates, then we'll learn plenty about ourselves in the coming days, won't we?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-hillary-clinton-emails-kass-1030-20161028-column.html

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #576 on: October 30, 2016, 07:32:40 PM »

Yup.

This is a possibility and it seems you're pretty convinced that this is indisputable fact. You may be right but also you may not be. 

Let me pose another possibility........

Yes, Comey is covering his ass. We  agree  there. But why?

Julian Assange has said that he has more emails coming  and that what is coming will get Hillary arrested. Is he bluffing? Does he have a reason to? So far he has put his money where his mouth is.

Perhaps the FBI and Comey know what is in these emails and have decided to re-open the case to save face. We are in unknown territory here , there is no precedent for the FBI to apparently close an investigation, reopen it with less than 2 weeks before an election.

We will know for sure in the coming days.

I'm basing my opinion on what Comey has actualky said...in the letter, and in his note to fbi staffers. I'm basing it on every bit of insider leaks and comments on the material so far. They literally dont know. And didn't when he sent the letter. Thats what everyone clse to the case, including Comey, are saying. He didn't "reopen", fyi...thats been debunked, as it was never officially closed. More than semantics. 

What are you basing your supposition on? Because other than trumps campaign, and conservative talking points, i've seen no evidence otherwise.

The wikileaks thing is another deal. We'll see. Assange has overestimated (and demostrably altered content...or the hackers did), at every turn, with the releases so far. So its hard to tell what he, and the russians, have up their sleeves to close out the cycle. 

I dont think, have no reason to think, one is related to the other. Thats conspiracy theory level thinkng. I think its for exactly the reasons he said in his letter to fbi staffers....and people are dong exactly what he cautioned they shouldn't.

And tti be clear: my opinion isnt there is nothing substantial there. My opinion is nobody...not you, not me, and not the fbi..knows if there is.  And instantly assumng there is is wrongheaded, unfair, and has no basis in fact. Its exactly what trump did......and then the leaks from the fbui and the comey letters to staffers contradicted it (as has the justice dept comments)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 07:52:13 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #577 on: October 30, 2016, 07:39:22 PM »

Nothing, unless she stepped down. Because no way would she be convicted in 9 days.

If sge stepped down, kane would take her spot, and hed appoint a vp. Having said that, her name woukd still show on the ticket. Too late to change that.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #578 on: October 30, 2016, 07:44:27 PM »

Some are even calling for Hillary to step down if this really plays out bad for her.....

Democrats should ask Clinton to step aside

John KassJohn KassContact Reporter

Has America become so numb by the decades of lies and cynicism oozing from Clinton Inc. that it could elect Hillary Clinton as president, even after Friday's FBI announcement that it had reopened an investigation of her emails while secretary of state?

We'll find out soon enough.

It's obvious the American political system is breaking down. It's been crumbling for some time now, and the establishment elite know it and they're properly frightened. Donald Trump, the vulgarian at their gates, is a symptom, not a cause. Hillary Clinton and husband Bill are both cause and effect.

FBI director James Comey's announcement about the renewed Clinton email investigation is the bombshell in the presidential campaign. That he announced this so close to Election Day should tell every thinking person that what the FBI is looking at is extremely serious.

This can't be about pervert Anthony Weiner and his reported desire for a teenage girl. But it can be about the laptop of Weiner's wife, Clinton aide Huma Abedin, and emails between her and Hillary. It comes after the FBI investigation in which Comey concluded Clinton had lied and been "reckless" with national secrets, but said he could not recommend prosecution.

So what should the Democrats do now?

If ruling Democrats hold themselves to the high moral standards they impose on the people they govern, they would follow a simple process:

They would demand that Mrs. Clinton step down, immediately, and let her vice presidential nominee, Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia, stand in her place.

Democrats should say, honestly, that with a new criminal investigation going on into events around her home-brew email server from the time she was secretary of state, having Clinton anywhere near the White House is just not a good idea.

Since Oct. 7, WikiLeaks has released 35,000 emails hacked from Clinton campaign boss John Podesta. Now WikiLeaks, no longer a neutral player but an active anti-Clinton agency, plans to release another 15,000 emails.

What if she is elected? Think of a nation suffering a bad economy and continuing chaos in the Middle East, and now also facing a criminal investigation of a president. Add to that congressional investigations and a public vision of Clinton as a Nixonian figure wandering the halls, wringing her hands.

The best thing would be for Democrats to ask her to step down now. It would be the most responsible thing to do, if the nation were more important to them than power. And the American news media ? fairly or not firmly identified in the public mind as Mrs. Clinton's political action committee ? should begin demanding it.

But what will Hillary do?

She'll stick and ride this out and turn her anger toward Comey. For Hillary and Bill Clinton, it has always been about power, about the Clinton Restoration and protecting fortunes already made by selling nothing but political influence.

She'll remind the nation that she's a woman and that Donald Trump said terrible things about women. If there is another notorious Trump video to be leaked, the Clintons should probably leak it now. Then her allies in media can talk about misogyny and sexual politics and the headlines can be all about Trump as the boor he is and Hillary as champion of female victims, which she has never been.

Remember that Bill Clinton leveraged the "Year of the Woman." Then he preyed on women in the White House and Hillary protected him. But the political left ? most particularly the women of the left ? defended him because he promised to protect abortion rights and their other agendas.

If you take a step back from tribal politics, you'll see that Mrs. Clinton has clearly disqualified herself from ever coming near classified information again. If she were a young person straight out of grad school hoping to land a government job, Hillary Clinton would be laughed out of Washington with her record. She'd never be hired.

As secretary of state she kept classified documents on the home-brew server in her basement, which is against the law. She lied about it to the American people. She couldn't remember details dozens of times when questioned by the FBI. Her aides destroyed evidence by BleachBit and hammers. Her husband, Bill, met secretly on an airport tarmac with Attorney General Loretta Lynch for about a half-hour, and all they said they talked about was golf and the grandkids.

And there was no prosecution of Hillary.

That isn't merely wrong and unethical. It is poisonous.

And during this presidential campaign, Americans were confronted with a two-tiered system of federal justice: one for standards for the Clintons and one for the peasants.

I've always figured that, as secretary of state, Clinton kept her home-brew email server ? from which foreign intelligence agencies could hack top secret information ? so she could shield the influence peddling that helped make the Clintons several fortunes.

The Clintons weren't skilled merchants. They weren't traders or manufacturers. The Clintons never produced anything tangible. They had no science, patents or devices to make them millions upon millions of dollars.

All they had to sell, really, was influence. And they used our federal government to leverage it.

If a presidential election is as much about the people as it is about the candidates, then we'll learn plenty about ourselves in the coming days, won't we?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-hillary-clinton-emails-kass-1030-20161028-column.html

Conservative political propaganda op ed as news.

If the person writing this truly believes it, and wants to apply it across the board, i expect it to be quickly followed by the same call for trump to step down by this author. Kass is no fan of Trump, either...but lets be fair, here...

Bribery, treason (embargo violation), abuse/improper use of charitable contributions and alleged rape and sexual assaults.

If allegations and investigations are an instant disqualifier, that is.

Hypocrisy....its whats for dinner.

The truth is: kass is more than premature in his head hunting. There may well be a time for that...its not now. Not with the info we have, now.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 07:48:33 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #579 on: October 30, 2016, 07:54:48 PM »

It is all speculation here. Could be not a big deal or a major bombshell. I lean toward the latter since this is highly unprecedented. That is all.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: