Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 01:03:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 511798 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #520 on: October 12, 2016, 01:19:32 PM »

Word from a producer that worked on the first 2 seasons of the apprentice is that there's more tapes out there of Trump that are equally damaging to him. I expect a timed release of those to inflict the most damage to him.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #521 on: October 12, 2016, 01:58:20 PM »

Word from a producer that worked on the first 2 seasons of the apprentice is that there's more tapes out there of Trump that are equally damaging to him. I expect a timed release of those to inflict the most damage to him.

It will be interesting.

The Access Hollywood tape is a different deal. AH was working on their own, similar, story when the WP beat them to the punch.  They allowed, implicitly and explicitly, that tape to be released and used.

MGM and NBC have BOTH said they do not have 100% rights for those tapes to release, and would not give permission for them to be released, for their parts.  That means anyone releasing them is going to have to be VERY wary of being sued...potentially by MGM, NBC, Trump (who has a producer credit) or Burnett.  The rumors of threats of lawsuits look to be false...but that doesn't mean they wouldn't arise if the tapes were released.

If there's more stuff, that's just as damning as the AH piece...he's fucked.  Really and truly.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #522 on: October 12, 2016, 02:12:13 PM »

It will be interesting.

The Access Hollywood tape is a different deal. AH was working on their own, similar, story when the WP beat them to the punch.  They allowed, implicitly and explicitly, that tape to be released and used.

MGM and NBC have BOTH said they do not have 100% rights for those tapes to release, and would not give permission for them to be released, for their parts.  That means anyone releasing them is going to have to be VERY wary of being sued...potentially by MGM, NBC, Trump (who has a producer credit) or Burnett.  The rumors of threats of lawsuits look to be false...but that doesn't mean they wouldn't arise if the tapes were released.

If there's more stuff, that's just as damning as the AH piece...he's fucked.  Really and truly.
And not just fucked as it pertains to winning the election, fucked as in a despicable human being.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #523 on: October 12, 2016, 06:21:52 PM »

Some more fact checking on trumps use of some of the wikileaks material:

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/10/trump-twists-facts-on-wikileaks/?platform=hootsuite

Also, there seems to be reporting that the Trump campaign is getting forewarning about wikileaks material and drops.

And, again, there is some reporting that at least some of the material is being chopped up, pre-leak.  Theres another couple examples of this today, going around.

I just saw a report that the reason the hrc isnt confirmng or denying is some is legit, some is chopped up, and they cant blanket do one or the other, so are just taking it story by story as it hits critical mass.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:42:06 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #524 on: October 12, 2016, 06:44:44 PM »

Some more fact checking on trumps use of some of the wikileaks material:

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/10/trump-twists-facts-on-wikileaks/?platform=hootsuite

Also, there seems to be reporting that the Trump campaign is getting forewarning about wikileaks material and drops.

And, again, there is some reporting that at least some of the material is being chopped up, pre-leak.  Theres another couple examples of this today, going around.

I just saw a report that the reason the hrc isnt confirmng or denying is some is legit, some is chopped up, and they cant blanket do one or the other, so are just taking it story by story as it hits critical mass.
So they're doctoring what doesn't look bad to make her look bad? The head of wikileaks is really a scuzzball.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #525 on: October 12, 2016, 07:25:20 PM »

And.....they are now coming out of the woodwork:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/us/politics/donald-trump-women.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #526 on: October 12, 2016, 07:30:52 PM »

Just read that Trump said in Florida that he's not showing up for the third debate. If he's a no show his candidacy is over period.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #527 on: October 12, 2016, 09:16:47 PM »

NBC Planned to Use Trump Audio to Influence Debate, Election

NBC execs had a plan to time the release of the Donald Trump audio to have maximum impact on both the 2nd presidential debate and the general election ... sources connected with the network tell TMZ.

Multiple sources connected with NBC tell us ... top network execs knew about the video long before they publicly said they did, but wanted to hold it because it was too early in the election. The sources say many NBC execs have open disdain for Trump and their plan was to roll out the tape 48 hours before the debate so it would dominate the news cycle leading up to the face-off.

As we reported, Billy Bush was bragging about the tape -- in front of NBC execs at the Rio Olympics -- in early August. NBC says it's only known about the tape for a little more than a week.

We're told the plan was to edit the tape to keep the focus on Trump and not Billy. "Access Hollywood" we're told was not going to air the portion where Trump and Billy got off the bus and Billy goaded Trump and the soap star to hug. Our sources say the tape was going to be "sanitized" to protect Billy as much as possible.

Case in point ... after The Washington Post ran the story, 'Access' aired their footage and cut out the parts where Billy looked worse -- saying things like, "Jeez! Your girl's hot as s*** in the purple!"

We've told you the plan got derailed by Hurricane Matthew. Execs decided the wall-to-wall coverage of the storm would mess up the plan to dominate the news with the Trump tape, so they were going to hold it until Monday. It didn't sit well with some staffers who wanted it out pre-debate, so it was leaked to the Washington Post.

As one source put it, "NBC really screwed Billy. They had no problem with him on the tape 'till it got leaked." The source goes on to say there was never a peep about disciplining Billy until the full tape got leaked.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/10/12/nbc-trump-tape-billy-bush-plan-election-debate/

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #528 on: October 12, 2016, 09:20:29 PM »

Putting the tape out for the pubic to hear is one thing, people should hear it. But to purposefully hold onto it until it can have a greater detrimental effect on Trump in order to influence the election flies in the face of responsible journalism.

Media should never take a side. But they obviously are.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #529 on: October 12, 2016, 09:48:03 PM »

Another example of the corrupt media

New email shows Brazile may have had exact wording of proposed town hall question before CNN

By Hadas Gold

10/12/16 06:18 PM EDT

Updated 10/12/16 06:20 PM EDT

A new email obtained by POLITICO is shedding more light on the mystery of whether and how interim DNC chair Donna Brazile might have obtained the text of a proposed question from a town hall between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders in advance, and possibly shared it with the Clinton campaign.

And now CNN, which co-hosted the town hall with cable network TV One, is pointing the finger at its media partner for what appears to be a breach of the traditional secrecy surrounding the questions for such events.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/10/roland-martin-cnn-email-donna-brazile-wikileaks-229673

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #530 on: October 12, 2016, 10:19:26 PM »

....and you have all parties involved denying the conversation took place...and that the email in question aren't legit.

See previous reports that some of emails are fake. We know, for sure, at least 3 are fake/doctored. That one containing the newsweek article that was butchered to only include the damning segment and attributing the words to someone else is the shining star. At this point, its all tainted fruit.

I don't know which story is true, but there has been enough evidence presented in the past 24 hours that at least SOME of the emails have been doctored to call into question what is and isn't real.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 11:28:41 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #531 on: October 12, 2016, 10:24:02 PM »

Putting the tape out for the pubic to hear is one thing, people should hear it. But to purposefully hold onto it until it can have a greater detrimental effect on Trump in order to influence the election flies in the face of responsible journalism.

Media should never take a side. But they obviously are.

They arent takng a side, imho. They are playing for ratings. And so is tmz, fyi (and most f what they report is tabloid level info). Nbc isn't out to influence an election....they are out to get as many eyeballs on their network as possible. The outcome is the same, but i think tmz's assessment if motivation is way off.

Thank fox news. They changed the 24 hour news network forever, into profit centers. Its not about informing the public. Its about who can make the most money.

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #532 on: October 14, 2016, 07:58:19 AM »

Fox does sensationalize things a bit and their opinion shows certainly lean right. But they also do some decent investigative reporting on topics that other networks don't do. Some of their guests( talking heads) are so bad though I end up changing the channel) They are certainly more fair than MSNBC and at times, CNN.

Stuff like this should raise some alarms....

New York Times Gave Hillary Veto Power

WikiLeaks emails show reporter agreed to let Clinton campaign cut quotes before story ran

by Brendan Kirby | Updated 11 Oct 2016 at 6:49 PM   

Hillary Clinton spent time in summer 2015 with The New York Times reporter Mark Leibovich and made a crack about 2008 Republican presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

But the remark didn?t make it into the long profile. Leibovich agreed to give the Clinton campaign veto power over the statements she made.

Leibovich evidently gave the campaign the ability to ax quotes as part of a deal for access.

Danielle Rhoades Ha, vice president of communications for the Times, defended the arrangement. ?We were transparent with our readers and disclosed the arrangement in the story,? she wrote in an email.

In the 42nd paragraph of the 54-paragraph story, Leibochich explained the deal: ?In early July, after much back and forth with the campaign and reluctance on my part, I decided to take the campaign up on its offer of an off-the-record conversation with Clinton. I figured I would use the opportunity at Bretton Woods to ask Clinton directly for an interview or at least to let me do part of our conversation on the record. She chose the latter.?

But the disclosure did not exactly specify Clinton and her team would be allowed to determine, retroactively, which parts of the conversation were on or off the record.

Leibovich emailed campaign Communications Director Jennifer Palmieri on July 7, 2015, to try to lobby for a batch of quotes.

"These exchanges were pretty interesting ... would love the option to use," he wrote.

The Palin shot came during a discussion between Clinton and Leibovich in which the Democratic candidate for president discussed having eaten moose stew in Alaska. "So that's why I always got a big kick out of Sarah Palin with all of her, 'We're cooking up some moose stew here,'" she said.

But Palmieri told Lebovich that Clinton did not want the Palin quote to appear, and it did not. Instead, the passage in a story titled "Re-Re-Re-Reintroducing Hillary Clinton," read: "She had seen a few in her day, she told me. 'I've eaten moose, too,' she said. 'I've had moose stew.'"

The Clinton camp also objected to using a quote in which the candidate said that "gay rights has moved much faster than women's rights or civil rights, which is an interesting phenomenon somebody in the future will unpack."

The email exchange also indicates that Palmieri misunderstood the terms of the agreement. She wrote that she thought the campaign would be able to pick the quotes that would be used. Leibovich responded, "I wanted the option to use all ? and you could veto what you didn't want. That's why I selected the 5 or 6 I sent to you...The moose is good, but I'd really love to use the other things I sent, too. They were all on point. Sorry for mis-communique here, but do you think you can check?"

Palmieri seemed satisfied.

"Pleasure doing business!" she wrote.

Note: This story has been updated to include comment from the New York Times.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/new-york-times-gave-hillary-veto/

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #533 on: October 14, 2016, 10:46:37 AM »

Any competent candidate would be taking all this Hillary stuff and beating her pillar to post with it.

But my side chose not to run a credible candidate.  So instead, we re-litigate fights with Miss Universes from 20 years ago.  We talk about how Paul Ryan is weak.  We talk about how we "wouldn't want to be in a fox hole" with John McCain.  The irony of a draft dodger invoking a war term to run down an actual war hero, no doubt, totally lost on him.

The GOP is going to get their brains beat in.  And frankly, we deserve it.  We nominated a joke candidate.  Now, we are the punchline.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #534 on: October 14, 2016, 11:10:12 AM »

Any competent candidate would be taking all this Hillary stuff and beating her pillar to post with it.

But my side chose not to run a credible candidate.  So instead, we re-litigate fights with Miss Universes from 20 years ago.  We talk about how Paul Ryan is weak.  We talk about how we "wouldn't want to be in a fox hole" with John McCain.  The irony of a draft dodger invoking a war term to run down an actual war hero, no doubt, totally lost on him.

The GOP is going to get their brains beat in.  And frankly, we deserve it.  We nominated a joke candidate.  Now, we are the punchline.

You are probably right. But Trump with all of his faults is running against the Clinton machine with the mainstream media on her side. That is a tough fight for any other candidate let alone Trump who isn't handling things very well. So much material to use to counter Hillary and he attacks Paul Ryan, who said he wasn't unendorsing Trump, he is just focusing on the congressional races which is a smart move on his part as well as deciding not to defend Trump, which much is indefensible.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #535 on: October 14, 2016, 11:13:35 AM »

If this is true, just another example of how corrupt the mainstream media is.

October 14, 2016
Michael Issikoff says NBC is sitting on devastating tape of Juanita Broaddrick
By Thomas Lifson

The NBC subsidiary of Comcast is reportedly combing its archives for material damaging to Donald Trump, but ignoring requests to air the full interview with Juanita Broaddrick by Lisa Myers 17 years ago.

According to Brent Schur of the Free Beacon:http://freebeacon.com/politics/michael-isikoff-nbc-release/

The reporter that first learned about Bill Clinton?s affair with Monica Lewinsky said on Thursday that NBC is sitting on the full tape of its initial interview with Bill Clinton rape accuser Juanita Broaddrick and should release it before the election.

Michael Isikoff, who was a leading reporter during the Monica Lewinsky scandal, said in a Thursday discussion that NBC should release a 17-year-old tape of an interview that it conducted with Broaddrick. Broaddrick has long claimed that the interview that NBC aired edited out her claim that Hillary Clinton was involved in quashing Broaddrick?s rape claims.

?NBC has the full tape of the original Lisa Myers interview,? Isikoff said during an online discussion on Sidewire.com. ?NBC ought to check its archive and run the full interview. (AS long as they?re now culling their archives!)?

The network previously ran the tape, but edited out material that was damaging to Hillary. This conspiracy has some history to it.

?Folks have made much of the fact that her claim about the conversation she had with Hillary wasn?t in the interview that run,? Isikoff said. ?Broaddrick said it got cut out; Lisa Myers has since agreed Broaddrick said this then?and NBC chose to cut it out.?

NBC has never released an unedited version of its interview with Broaddrick.

Both NBC and the Washington Post ?closely vetted? Broaddrick?s claims at the time and chose to run with stories on her claims, Isikoff said.

If we believe the cover-up is always worse than the crime (which has been media gospel since Watergate, regarded as the high point of American journalism by most journalists themselves), then Hillary?s suspected intimidation of a woman raped by her husband in order to keep him silent, surely outweighs any of the accusations of boorishness lobbed at Donald Trump.

This time, there is tape. Tape is what made the difference in focussing public attention on Trump's alleged misbehavior.

Maybe it is time for the torches and pitchforks to start parading in front of 30 Rock.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/10/michael_issikoff_says_nbc_is_sitting_on_devastating_tape_of_juanita_broaddrick_.html#ixzz4N4ZDOzJ6

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #536 on: October 14, 2016, 01:22:44 PM »

i love that trump is involved and blowing shit up. this isn't about trump. this is about the people showing their hatred for a disgusting political system we have here in the U.S.

it's what Obama ran on in 2008. sadly, that "change" never occurred and the public was duped by another typical politician.

Dems voted for the most outsider candidate, Bernie, but had the election stolen from him.

everyone wants to change the horrible system we have. the media wants to divide us, but there is far more commonality in our views than differences. they clearly are successful in creating the hate these two political parties seek. 

unfortunately, one of the most powerful political families in U.S. history feels its their right to continue ruling the world with their super rich friends. but the message has been sent. both parties see and hear it. some, like Paul Ryan and others, are feeling it. it gives me hope that real change is possible in the future.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #537 on: October 14, 2016, 04:13:03 PM »

So remember those 500,000 new voter registrations i mentioned in Texas awhile back? A poll today by the local ABC tv affiliate shows Trump only up by 4. That's bad news for the republicans. Texas has been red since the 70s.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #538 on: October 14, 2016, 06:04:22 PM »

Guess an average Joe cant ask a legitimate question of the candidates without being exposed as a mortal man with faults.

Media takes a positive thing and ruins it.....the guy did not deserve this for asking a question at a debate.

Ken Bone was a ?hero.? Now Ken Bone is ?bad.? It was his destiny as a human meme.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/10/14/ken-bone-was-a-hero-now-ken-bone-is-bad-it-was-his-destiny-as-a-human-meme/

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #539 on: October 14, 2016, 08:09:24 PM »

So remember those 500,000 new voter registrations i mentioned in Texas awhile back? A poll today by the local ABC tv affiliate shows Trump only up by 4. That's bad news for the republicans. Texas has been red since the 70s.

That's amazing.  States that haven't been in play for decades are in play for the Dems.

Arizona.  Georgia.  Utah.

Never in doubt for the red column, and for years.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: