Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:55:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ's Letter
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ's Letter  (Read 140496 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #560 on: August 16, 2015, 06:18:39 AM »

What "band"?  This is not a band.

Isn't it time to finally give up that ghost?

How can we talk about a rock band that's "not a band" in the first place?  Huh

Well, whatever it is.

You are telling me that Axl is all about doing what he wants and the hell with convention, right?  Who here is disputing that's how he rolls?  It's evident.

My question to you, I suppose, is why the need to be so oversensitive about how its perceived?  Are those the actions of someone that values bucking convention and giving no fucks?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #561 on: August 16, 2015, 06:27:52 AM »

What "band"?  This is not a band.

Isn't it time to finally give up that ghost?

How can we talk about a rock band that's "not a band" in the first place?  Huh

Well, whatever it is.

You are telling me that Axl is all about doing what he wants and the hell with convention, right?  Who here is disputing that's how he rolls?  It's evident.

My question to you, I suppose, is why the need to be so oversensitive about how its perceived?  Are those the actions of someone that values bucking convention and giving no fucks?

Maybe. Maybe not. Who cares anyway? It's only rock n'roll...  smoking

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #562 on: August 16, 2015, 07:10:49 AM »

No.

I want to be able to have a conversation about a rock band without you hearing an opinion you don't like and then flipping out like I've just insulted your mother.

A man can dream.

You keep saying this and then when there's a discussion you run away and/or ignore points made.

Also, keep in mind that it's been pointed out that you're wrong about GN'R. Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #563 on: August 16, 2015, 08:45:31 AM »

Pointed out to me by a guy with more of a dog in the fight that you, frankly.

He's involved in the actual business we are discussing.  You run a message board about it.

Yet where do the more hysterical and personally offended replies come from?  You.

Odd.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #564 on: August 16, 2015, 08:48:29 AM »

How is it odd?

Please explain. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #565 on: August 16, 2015, 12:03:27 PM »

Rock N' Roll shouldn't be about censorship.
There's a line between saying "fuck you" to the establishment, and saying "fuck you" to the fans who are supporting you. One is rock n' roll. The other is just petty.
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #566 on: August 16, 2015, 01:16:47 PM »

Rock N' Roll shouldn't be about censorship.
There's a line between saying "fuck you" to the establishment, and saying "fuck you" to the fans who are supporting you. One is rock n' roll. The other is just petty.

Who said "fuck you" to the fans? And when was that?  Shocked
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #567 on: August 16, 2015, 02:04:11 PM »

some people aren't really fans or they are just fans who want the artist or team to be exactly as they want them...I want the 72 Stones...71 Who...69 Zep...98 Radiohead...etc. Life changes, people change...tastes change. Be thankful for what you got or simply move on and find something that suits you today. Yesterday is gone...for good and bad. MJK said it perfectly....

Give away the stone. Let the oceans take and
Transmutate this cold and fated anchor.
Give away the stone. Let the waters kiss and
Transmutate these leaden grudges into gold.
Let go.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #568 on: August 16, 2015, 02:23:27 PM »

some people aren't really fans or they are just fans who want the artist or team to be exactly as they want them...I want the 72 Stones...71 Who...69 Zep...98 Radiohead...etc. Life changes, people change...tastes change. Be thankful for what you got or simply move on and find something that suits you today. Yesterday is gone...for good and bad. MJK said it perfectly....

Let go.

THANK YOU !!!!! peace

I appreciate your wisdom. Carpe diem !

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #569 on: August 16, 2015, 03:37:58 PM »

let us not kid our selves about some things.

a band is what teenagers have.
you cant expect rolling stones, aerosmith or any "vintage" band, to behave same way as 18 yearolds in a band would.

Axl wont call em for "whiskey & hoes" at his garage to make music. It will be professional(ish). And my guess is, bonds between them wont be as hard as with sm1 u grew up with.
8-10 years is a long time for people to do anything... especially at their age. And for Ashba, it would be a shame to waste his talent, if its not being put to a good use.
He knows the history of the band, and tempo materials get published. so while he's young, and fruitfull, I do agree it would be a waste of talent (and he is very talented musician) to spend if there's no reasurement that anything will be published in the foreseeable future. its better that he left than to become bitter with experience.

the sad thing is...
again,
we wont hear the new material live... played by the ppl who composed them.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 03:42:32 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #570 on: August 16, 2015, 03:56:15 PM »

How is it odd?

Please explain.

You get over emotional and are extremely hypersensitive at the very slightest hint of a dissenting opinion.  It's like someone is insulting your family.

In Fernando's case, it quite literally *is* his family, yet he can respond without your histrionics and petty insults.

It's odd.  On paper, of the 2 of you, he should be the one that responds in the manner you do.  Yet he does not...and you do.

Odd.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 04:02:43 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #571 on: August 16, 2015, 03:59:04 PM »

Let go.

So, to you, its not possible to cast a disparaging glance at current day GNR without also wishing it was still 1988, or 1991?

Can't you just cast a disparaging glance on its own merit?  Is that not possible?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #572 on: August 16, 2015, 04:06:57 PM »

You get over emotional and are extremely hypersensitive at the very slightest hint of a dissenting opinion.  It's like someone is insulting your family.

In Fernando's case, it quite literally *is* his family, yet he can respond without your histrionics and petty insults.

It's odd.  On paper, of the 2 of you, he should be the one the one responds in the manner you do.  Yet he does not...and you do.

Odd.

How do you know any of this to be true? Just because I reply to a person who I think is wrong most of the time?

I think what we got here is yet another fine example of you not being able to do what some claim to do all the time, namely free thinking.

In truth, people who think, would be able to realize a number of things that makes this less than odd.

As you pointed out, I run a fan site. Therefore it's fair to assume it means I have some kind of interest attached to the site. In my case, the interest is to run a site I'd personally visit. I wouldn't visit a site filled with unhappy people constantly posting their grievances about a band they claim to like. But that's just me and my opinion. Maybe to others, that sounds like heaven on the Internet.

I speak from my point of view. Things I say don't represent anybody else's opinion and/or point of view. I'm a fan. I'm not a manager. Therefore I might occasionally say things that somebody working for the band might not.
Or not! I don't know for a fact that this is the case in this case. I'm just thinking out loud here and speaking generally.

Maybe I'm just inclined to post more, and waste more time speaking to a person like you, than some others who'd rather just move on? Yes, once again, generally speaking. I know some people don't like to post a lot for whatever reason. It happens. Just because somebody doesn't reply to your nonsense, doesn't mean they agree with you. Smiley

Yes, it might be odd to you that somebody cares enough to respond to all the things you're wrong about instead of letting you keep spreading the nonsense freely.... Smiley
So there you go.

/jarmo

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #573 on: August 16, 2015, 04:12:20 PM »

Let go.

So, to you, its not possible to cast a disparaging glance at current day GNR without also wishing it was still 1988, or 1991?

Can't you just cast a disparaging glance on its own merit?  Is that not possible?

When men are full of envy they disparage everything, whether it be good or bad.
Tacitus

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #574 on: August 16, 2015, 04:20:54 PM »

D-Gen, it's just wasted energy....you aren't in control. You can't control what others choose to do. That is it in a nutshell. Trust me, I wish things were more to my liking as well. I wish Jerry Jones didn't run off Jimmy Johnson. Such is life. I am still interested so I stick around and try to stay positive. 

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #575 on: August 16, 2015, 04:22:23 PM »

It's odd.  On paper, of the 2 of you, he should be the one the one responds in the manner you do.  Yet he does not...and you do.

Odd.

How do you know any of this to be true? Just because I reply to a person who I think is wrong most of the time?

I think what we got here is yet another fine example of you not being able to do what some claim to do all the time, namely free thinking.

Not really.

I'm under no delusions as to what you are.  An advocate.  A cheerleader.  A press agent.

I'm just pointing out that a guy with more skin in the game doesn't feel the need to take things to that level.  And to me, that's sort of odd.

If you don't agree, you don't agree.  I'm good with it.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #576 on: August 16, 2015, 04:24:20 PM »

D-Gen, it's just wasted energy....you aren't in control. You can't control what others choose to do. That is it in a nutshell. Trust me, I wish things were more to my liking as well. I wish Jerry Jones didn't run off Jimmy Johnson. Such is life. I am still interested so I stick around and try to stay positive. 

I don't claim to be nor ever think I am in some sort of control.  That's a strawman.

But when something doesn't land, I'm going to say so.  And if you (or anyone) is the type of person that's going to feel the only two options are unconditional support or...be a pal, and don't point out the obvious negative...I'm just never going to be that guy.

Dok
Headliner

« Reply #577 on: August 16, 2015, 06:28:16 PM »

I don't claim to be nor ever think I am in some sort of control.  That's a strawman.

But when something doesn't land, I'm going to say so.  And if you (or anyone) is the type of person that's going to feel the only two options are unconditional support or...be a pal, and don't point out the obvious negative...I'm just never going to be that guy.

It's a plaesure to see you trying to go at it. It really is. I have given up on trying to reason or argument with Mr.Mr.. It is beyond my understanding to see someone twisting everything into his own positive view no matter what. Basically it's just the soap I set out to get and he delivers it every time. You're doing a great job trying to steer the view onto reality but then again it's been done for years to no avail, so wtf?
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #578 on: August 17, 2015, 01:00:10 AM »

How is it odd?

Please explain.

It's odd.  On paper, of the 2 of you, he should be the one that responds in the manner you do.  Yet he does not...and you do.

Odd.

Maybe Fernando responds the way he does because he does not run this site and he posts here every now and then.

On the other hand, Jarmo has been running this site for years and he has to deal with your posts on a DAILY basis...

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #579 on: August 17, 2015, 01:57:43 AM »

How is it odd?

Please explain.

Odd.

Maybe Fernando responds the way he does because he does not run this site and he posts here every now and then.

On the other hand, Jarmo has been running this site for years and he has to deal with your posts on a DAILY basis...

It's not only D-X.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: