Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 12:17:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ's Letter
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ's Letter  (Read 140824 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #520 on: August 02, 2015, 11:56:55 AM »

There seems to be this popular misconception on here that anyone who calls things for what they see is just a negative toxic so and so... It's utter crap!
can so many people be wrong?

"What they see"....

I think most people call things for what they see, but interpretation is very individual. It also depends on how many things you want to factor in ? in order to form an opinion on something. Also, exactly how much you can factor in depends on your knowledge and memory. The results are a vast difference of opinions across the whole specter.

I would say that there's also a popular misconception of people seeing positives in things being blind followers. I like to generally keep it positive, but I'm fully aware of all the information (or lack thereof) we're being provided.

Silence often creates a breathing ground for speculation and rumors. It can be fun to do that, but very few people actually gets it right in the end.

I don't know man...based on everything that has transpired in the past year, seems like lots of folks who love GNR are "getting it right in the end."   
 hihi

Haha, maybe. What specifically though?

Like I've said before, I am a hardcore GNR-supporter. 
I've seen the new band 6 times...loved every dam show.  Phenomenal performances...and I'm not complaining about them.
I love CD.
Axl is a once-in-a-generation talent...greatest rock star ever in my opinion.
I've supported Brain, Bucket, Robin, Bumble, DJ...along with contributions from several others who apparently helped lay the foundation for CD in the late '90s, early '00s   
But for God's sake, it gets tougher and tougher to look at my favorite band as a "band."
GNR is going through guitarists like Spinal Tap went through drummers!
I've heard the word "soon," and "plans for..." so many times...and it seems every time I (and other fans) get my/our hopes up (about new music), we get let down...or, as I jokingly referred to it as, "getting it in the end." 
...and now, if I am to see the band continuing, yet another guitarist will enter into the fold?
I feel like a kid whose mom keeps bringing home boyfriends that I get attached to, only to have them leave and break my heart.
Yeah, sounds childish, but that's about the best analogy I've got for it right now.
 Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #521 on: August 03, 2015, 02:16:11 PM »

He will be missed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWsRy5FtWBM

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #522 on: August 03, 2015, 05:11:23 PM »

I would blame his tech on that one.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #523 on: August 03, 2015, 05:19:48 PM »

That sounded a bit... out of tune...?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #524 on: August 04, 2015, 08:29:37 AM »

Ya know, the whole "bashing DJ" really caught on a while back, and I believe it's really unfair.  Have these same people gone back in time and listened to live performances from 25 to 30 years ago from "you know who?"  You could fill an entire cd with "cringeworthy moments" from a certain top-hat-wearing guitarist.

I will miss DJ's solos most.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #525 on: August 04, 2015, 08:47:05 AM »

When you are playing such a massive stage show with songs using alternate tunings and you are relying on a guitar tech to pass you an instrument with just a few seconds to spare this is bound to happen. Like has been pointed out this happens to everyone, even the best guitar players throw a couple of stinkers out there while playing hundreds of live shows.

Hell I'm lucky if I can play some of these songs while sitting on a stool, DJ does them while jumping off of 10 foot risers on the stage. I actually get queazy when I see him on the elevator behind the drum riser.

He's not my favorite guitarist, and Robin certainly isn't, but at the same time they both are amazing players with their own styles and quirks. They each gave something to the history of this band. There is no reason to bash any of them on their way out.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #526 on: August 04, 2015, 01:40:04 PM »

Here is video of DJ.  He's asked what is going on with GN'R, he says "I just departed."  Then he's asked if the best part of being in a band is when you break-up and make more money doing your own thing, he says "yeah."

DJ Ashba Talks About Sixx: A.M.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QoC_Rppr3w

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #527 on: August 04, 2015, 08:40:09 PM »

this seems fake/staged.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #528 on: August 05, 2015, 04:16:36 PM »

this seems fake/staged.

Low budget paparazzi.  It's an awkward Q&A for sure.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Lotgrinder
Headliner

« Reply #529 on: August 06, 2015, 11:05:54 AM »

This letter is the best news ever.

DJ Ashba was shit.

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #530 on: August 13, 2015, 03:52:42 PM »

2 RUMORS from months ago:
1- Band Memebrs told to pursue other interests
And....
2- Axl to retire....

One down....Hope this is not the case...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #531 on: August 13, 2015, 05:09:43 PM »

2 RUMORS from months ago:
1- Band Memebrs told to pursue other interests
And....
2- Axl to retire....

One down....Hope this is not the case...

When, Who Said ?

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #532 on: August 14, 2015, 10:46:09 AM »

I think it's obvious the band is not going anywhere anymore unfortunately.

After CD was released, nothing really excited happened anymore except some touring...some great shows, some less great shows...
I'm always happy to see them performing, and the most exciting moments in the last years was they decided to play some songs live, which we haven't heard for a very long time (live).

With DJ Ashba in the band, I really thought they had a future (new music, new albums) because DJ seemed always very positive and ambitious concerning new GN'R music.
Now with his departure, I feel the GN'R era is really over. I made peace with it.

smoking

(unless the unthinkable would happen - a reunion with original members - then we might face some exciting times again with our favorite band)

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #533 on: August 14, 2015, 10:53:20 AM »

I think it's obvious the band is not going anywhere anymore unfortunately.

After CD was released, nothing really excited happened anymore except some touring...some great shows, some less great shows...
I'm always happy to see them performing, and the most exciting moments in the last years was they decided to play some songs live, which we haven't heard for a very long time (live).

With DJ Ashba in the band, I really thought they had a future (new music, new albums) because DJ seemed always very positive and ambitious concerning new GN'R music.
Now with his departure, I feel the GN'R era is really over. I made peace with it.

smoking

(unless the unthinkable would happen - a reunion with original members - then we might face some exciting times again with our favorite band)

If Axl reunites the old band, what will he do with all the music from CDII, CDIII, CDIV, V, ... MMMCMXCIX ?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 11:25:47 AM by RnT » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #534 on: August 14, 2015, 11:24:19 AM »

If Axl reunites the old bad, what will he do with all the music from CDII, CDIII, CDIV, V, ... MMMCMXCIX ?

To be fair, what's he really doing with it now?

A few months shy of 7 full years since the last album came out.  And they are still "looking at everything".  Death row appeals move faster than this guy.

I don't see a reunion in the cards, ever.  But I don't see how he couldn't just forget about all that stuff in the alleged vault in 3 seconds. 

And as for us, can't lose something you never had.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #535 on: August 14, 2015, 11:32:45 AM »

If Axl reunites the old bad, what will he do with all the music from CDII, CDIII, CDIV, V, ... MMMCMXCIX ?

A few months shy of 7 full years since the last album came out.  And they are still "looking at everything".  Death row appeals move faster than this guy.

I don't see a reunion in the cards, ever.  But I don't see how he couldn't just forget about all that stuff in the alleged vault in 3 seconds. 

I can see Axl releasing CDII in 2017, touring with a new band for 3 years and retiring touring, and just releasing singles on the internet for the next 20 years. But I can?t see him going back to the old band for touring (of course they won?t do a full album again) and throwing away his 20 years of Chinese Democracy music.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #536 on: August 14, 2015, 12:07:49 PM »

I can see Axl releasing CDII in 2017, touring with a new band for 3 years and retiring touring, and just releasing singles on the internet for the next 20 years. But I can?t see him going back to the old band for touring (of course they won?t do a full album again) and throwing away his 20 years of Chinese Democracy music.

Yeah...I really don't see a scenario where he creates new music from scratch.  I think the best we get is the release of The Vault, followed by a tour (note: that's not me complaining or stating facts, just my opinion).  Obviously, in the Hollywood scripted ending, you'd have a reunion of the classic lineup.  I know there has been talk about that by some (including Eddie Trunk) but I'm not so sure.  I've been listening to some of the '02 shows, and Axl has some epic (and angry) rants, primarily directed towards Izzy and Slash.  Seems like he's made some peace with Izzy...but if he even feels remotely the same about Slash, there's no way the two of them can/will share a stage.

Fernando coming on here has piqued my interest that there is some plan in place.  He knows what most people want is new music, so I'm hopeful we'll hear something soon in that regard.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #537 on: August 14, 2015, 12:08:23 PM »

Why not? Van Halen is currently doing exactly that. With the exception that they had more than one album with Sammy Hagar (which were successful) before reuniting with Roth.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #538 on: August 14, 2015, 12:14:49 PM »

Why not? Van Halen is currently doing exactly that. With the exception that they had more than one album with Sammy Hagar (which were successful) before reuniting with Roth.

Because although DLR and Eddie aren't exactly blood brothers, they can be professional enough to see the wisdom of being able to work together.

Our guy cannot.  He'd rather just be mad. 

His prerogative, obviously.  But its why he's in the spot he's in and Van Halen is in the spot they are in.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #539 on: August 14, 2015, 02:33:19 PM »

Because although DLR and Eddie aren't exactly blood brothers, they can be professional enough to see the wisdom of being able to work together.

Our guy cannot.  He'd rather just be mad. 

His prerogative, obviously.  But its why he's in the spot he's in and Van Halen is in the spot they are in.

But in that essence you kind of have to respect Axl and for that matter the rest of the originals (except Adler). I don't think any of them would do it unless it felt right. At this point I think Van Halen are totally doing it as a quick cash grab. Eddie makes no bones that there is no relationship between himself and Roth.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: