Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:18:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ's Letter
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ's Letter  (Read 141047 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #500 on: July 31, 2015, 10:29:22 AM »

Honestly, I think they'll have to carry Tommy out....he's not leaving unless they do (head first, or feet first).  But we'll see.

Haha, yeah. Tommy is pretty much the backbone of new GNR alongside Axl.

Tommy could also play rhythm, I think.

Yes, that's true. I haven't heard enough of either Tommy or Duff on guitar to say if they could handle playing rhythm on GNR songs though. I believe some rhythm guitar parts are quite challenging, especially on the Chinese songs.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #501 on: July 31, 2015, 11:06:34 AM »

Honestly, I think they'll have to carry Tommy out....he's not leaving unless they do (head first, or feet first).  But we'll see.

Haha, yeah. Tommy is pretty much the backbone of new GNR alongside Axl.

Tommy could also play rhythm, I think.

Yes, that's true. I haven't heard enough of either Tommy or Duff on guitar to say if they could handle playing rhythm on GNR songs though. I believe some rhythm guitar parts are quite challenging, especially on the Chinese songs.

What would be interesting (ie: never going to happen) is to see Duff play bass on AFD stuff and then rhythm on the Chinese stuff...and Tommy do the reverse.

But that's just me playing "Batman vs Superman" games. Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #502 on: July 31, 2015, 12:49:03 PM »

That is correct.

But its never me claiming inside knowledge.  Has yet to occur, even once.  Its simply me expressing an opinion on the situation.

Wow. So you openly admit that you're clueless. Great. We're moving forward.  ok
That's a start.

Now if you could manage taking similar steps regarding you thinking you know how I feel...

Now, its an opinion you don't like, clearly.  Oh well.  If it makes you mad, you're just going to have to get glad again.  I don't know what else to tell you.

Aww, I was hoping for too much.

I am not now, nor ever will be, under any obligation to take a year like the one we are in right now and assume things are working furiously behind the scenes.  You see value in maintaining that premise, it appears.  I do not share that unwarranted call to duty, and I never will.

More evidence of you not having a clue how things work.

Just because things aren't announced, doesn't mean they're not real. That's not how business works.
Sorry, I had to point it out.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #503 on: July 31, 2015, 01:06:35 PM »

We should not be asking if a fan is clueless. That point is self evident. The question should be 'are the band themselves' clueless?'. They appear clueless! The business? The rock n' roll industry? There is not a single example I can think of of a band functioning remotely like new Guns N' Roses. It is a complete clusterfuck. You could write a book How Not to Run A Band, based on new gnr alone.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #504 on: July 31, 2015, 02:13:20 PM »

More assumptions.

Why don't you just tell us all what makes you qualified to make those statements? Cheesy

Like it was pointed out earlier, you love the negative.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #505 on: July 31, 2015, 05:20:25 PM »

what we know is Axl has a lot of material up his sleeve
what we know is two guitarists left the band, as others before
what we know is the band toured almost non stop since 2009
what we know is the next LP is the next priority

Ron & DJ departures are touring problems, not studio ones.
music is already done and they're probably not on the record.
so I don't see any major problem to release it at the end of the year or next year

depends how Axl wants to distill the material he has accumulated over the years, until a well deserved retirement

I'm no expert in music, but don't ya think it is beneficial to promote a musical release by touring and supporting the release?
Were no lessons learned from '08?
A great album was released...and it was not supported by the band to the extent it could have been.
To me, releasing an album without a band in place is a problem.
Sure, great music comes first, but fans want to know who's on it, perhaps some insight into the minds of the players/artists/etc., perhaps shows?
Axl is a very good communicator...when he wants to be.
I sure hope things work out.    confused

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #506 on: July 31, 2015, 07:13:52 PM »

I think we could definitely spin a murder  Cheesy

At the end of the day, this argument will go round and round in circles, Jarmo and the defenders will defend GNR to the death and pronounce that no matter how much time goes by that everything is sweet.

The rest will call it for what it is and how it is.

There seems to be this popular misconception on here that anyone who calls things for what they see is just a negative toxic so and so... It's utter crap!
can so many people be wrong?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #507 on: July 31, 2015, 08:11:53 PM »

At the end of the day, this argument will go round and round in circles, Jarmo and the defenders will defend GNR to the death and pronounce that no matter how much time goes by that everything is sweet.

The rest will call it for what it is and how it is.

There seems to be this popular misconception on here that anyone who calls things for what they see is just a negative toxic so and so... It's utter crap!
It works both ways though. You think anyone who claims this isn't the end all be all are clinically insane. There has to be some sort of middle ground, no?

I think you're exaggerating people joining hands in unity and singing praises of losing 2 lead guitarists. That's not the reality of what's happening no matter how badly you want to paint it that way. Different people have different viewpoints. That's never going to change.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #508 on: July 31, 2015, 08:23:21 PM »

"What they see"....

I think most people call things for what they see, but interpretation is very individual. It also depends on how many things you want to factor in ? in order to form an opinion on something. Also, exactly how much you can factor in depends on your knowledge and memory. The results are a vast difference of opinions across the whole specter.

I would say that there's also a popular misconception of people seeing positives in things being blind followers. I like to generally keep it positive, but I'm fully aware of all the information (or lack thereof) we're being provided.

Silence often creates a breathing ground for speculation and rumors. It can be fun to do that, but very few people actually gets it right in the end.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 08:25:17 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #509 on: July 31, 2015, 10:11:30 PM »

"What they see"....

I think most people call things for what they see, but interpretation is very individual. It also depends on how many things you want to factor in ? in order to form an opinion on something. Also, exactly how much you can factor in depends on your knowledge and memory. The results are a vast difference of opinions across the whole specter.

I would say that there's also a popular misconception of people seeing positives in things being blind followers. I like to generally keep it positive, but I'm fully aware of all the information (or lack thereof) we're being provided.

Silence often creates a breathing ground for speculation and rumors. It can be fun to do that, but very few people actually gets it right in the end.

I don't know man...based on everything that has transpired in the past year, seems like lots of folks who love GNR are "getting it right in the end."   
 hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #510 on: July 31, 2015, 10:33:55 PM »

DJ Ashba

Some people ask me if I had the chance, would I do it all again.....I simply reply, wouldn't you? You see, I'm thankful for all of the mistakes I had to make, for all of the lessons I had to learn, I am grateful for all of the people that I had to meet that were there to let me down, for all of the scars I had to collect along the way. Because it's all of these horrific things that led me to the most beautiful things in my life. #blessedlife #BelieveInYou #ConquerTheWorld

12h

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #511 on: August 01, 2015, 12:50:20 AM »

DJ Ashba

Some people ask me if I had the chance, would I do it all again.....I simply reply, wouldn't you? You see, I'm thankful for all of the mistakes I had to make, for all of the lessons I had to learn, I am grateful for all of the people that I had to meet that were there to let me down, for all of the scars I had to collect along the way. Because it's all of these horrific things that led me to the most beautiful things in my life. #blessedlife #BelieveInYou #ConquerTheWorld

12h

nervous
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #512 on: August 01, 2015, 01:00:17 AM »

DJ Ashba

12h

nervous
I think he's speaking in generalities, not necessarily about his time in GNR. At least I hope so. More of a life lesson or a credo to live by. He just waxed poetic about how much he appreciated his time in the band. It would seem odd to do a complete about face a few days later.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #513 on: August 01, 2015, 01:40:30 AM »

With all the spinning you're doing, how's that head of yours?

Once again, nobody's spinning shit. The only ones using this term are the likes of you who uses that term any time somebody says something you can't see because you're too busy pointing out the bagtives with anything relating to GN'R. This is what a handful of posters do. Month after month.

/jarmo

siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #514 on: August 01, 2015, 03:44:33 AM »

some new players trying out for the band Smiley

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/212185-slash-duff-matt-gilby-together-onstage-july-2015/
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #515 on: August 01, 2015, 07:32:27 AM »

Wasn't this the KOC benefit for a dolphin organization?

It had been scheduled for a while.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #516 on: August 01, 2015, 07:36:35 AM »

DJ Ashba

12h

nervous
I think he's speaking in generalities, not necessarily about his time in GNR. At least I hope so. More of a life lesson or a credo to live by. He just waxed poetic about how much he appreciated his time in the band. It would seem odd to do a complete about face a few days later.

I definitely read it as him simply being simply retrospective and introspective about life experiences and not pointed in the GNR direction, as some would try to make people believe.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #517 on: August 01, 2015, 11:06:17 AM »

DJ Ashba

12h

nervous

I definitely read it as him simply being simply retrospective and introspective about life experiences and not pointed in the GNR direction, as some would try to make people believe.

I agree, there is nothing in there seems to point to a specific 'point in time' that he is talking about. He is also not a kid, his 6 years in Guns are a relatively small section of his life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #518 on: August 01, 2015, 11:08:49 AM »

Yeah, I don't see that tweet relating specifically to Guns. Doesn't Dj put out philosophic tweets like that from time to time anyways?

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #519 on: August 01, 2015, 11:10:52 AM »

"What they see"....

I don't know man...based on everything that has transpired in the past year, seems like lots of folks who love GNR are "getting it right in the end."   
 hihi

Haha, maybe. What specifically though?

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: