Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:27:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ's Letter
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ's Letter  (Read 141318 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #440 on: July 30, 2015, 03:51:41 AM »

In your honest opinion do you see the fact that this had to be done in 1996, 2004, 2007, and now 2015 making it harder this time around to find the next man (or men...) up?

Quick follow up question, do you have a wish list of guitarists you'd like to see fill the void?

No, and no.

It's GN'R and Axl Rose. And while some of you think this as a bad thing, it's not necessarily true in the "real" world.... Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #441 on: July 30, 2015, 05:11:42 AM »

True. Every five + years Axl has to rebuild a band because his band members get bored with his laziness and depart. That is the way it was in the past. Presumably that is the way it will be in the future. I think we can dispense with the ''this is the most stable lineup ever'' rhetoric.  Guns will never have a stable lineup. If you are a writing/recording artist, how can you stay in a band which does neither of those things?

"Laziness"?

How many platinum albums have you put out? How many bands have you founded? How many times have you toured the whole wide world?

Axl Rose has dedicated his life to his band and he has achieved more than you'll ever dream of !! You think you're such an expert of the music business but you're just a fan, like all of us here !!! So quit being a jerk and show some gratitude for a change. 

None of this is relevant since I did not choose to pursue a career in the popular music industry. You can only judge a man within the confines of his chosen lifestyle and profession. Besides, it is subjective. In my opinion a doctor who makes a break through in cancer research has been infinitely more successful than the greatest rock musician alive be it Elvis, Axl or AC/DC. But it is an absurd argument as I said, enough for me not to make wish to make it.

I agree with this....

I know for a fact, not one person here knows me in person....

And I dare anyone to say TheBaconman is not successful

Of course. You or I may be a successful nuclear physicist or philanthropist or artist or actor - or even teacher, doctor, journalist, linguistic - for all anyone knows here since you and I have never revealed that information (to the best of my knowledge), but apparently a singer of a 1980's rock band is considered more successful here than any of those careers by default of the levels of hero worship and adulation placed at his doorway. And of course...

Well it seems to me your "chosen lifestyle" is posting bullshit comments about GNR on a GNR fansite. Sad...  no

...this stuff must get personal. Serious business this rock fan thing. 
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #442 on: July 30, 2015, 05:34:40 AM »

True. Every five + years Axl has to rebuild a band because his band members get bored with his laziness and depart. That is the way it was in the past. Presumably that is the way it will be in the future. I think we can dispense with the ''this is the most stable lineup ever'' rhetoric.  Guns will never have a stable lineup. If you are a writing/recording artist, how can you stay in a band which does neither of those things?

"Laziness"?

How many platinum albums have you put out? How many bands have you founded? How many times have you toured the whole wide world?

Axl Rose has dedicated his life to his band and he has achieved more than you'll ever dream of !! You think you're such an expert of the music business but you're just a fan, like all of us here !!! So quit being a jerk and show some gratitude for a change. 

None of this is relevant since I did not choose to pursue a career in the popular music industry. You can only judge a man within the confines of his chosen lifestyle and profession. Besides, it is subjective. In my opinion a doctor who makes a break through in cancer research has been infinitely more successful than the greatest rock musician alive be it Elvis, Axl or AC/DC. But it is an absurd argument as I said, enough for me not to make wish to make it.

I agree with this....

Of course. You or I may be a successful nuclear physicist or philanthropist or artist or actor - or even teacher, doctor, journalist, linguistic - for all anyone knows here since you and I have never revealed that information (to the best of my knowledge), but apparently a singer of a 1980's rock band is considered more successful here than any of those careers by default of the levels of hero worship and adulation placed at his doorway. And of course...

Well it seems to me your "chosen lifestyle" is posting bullshit comments about GNR on a GNR fansite. Sad...  no

I'm done debating with you and I'm not interested in what you think. Bye troll !!!
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #443 on: July 30, 2015, 05:45:24 AM »

Off topic but I found this tip online: "If you?ve spent any time online, you?ve probably run across trolls even if you didn?t know the term.  You may have tried to reason with them, be nice to them or virtually shout back at them.  Don?t bother. You?re more likely to win an argument with a tree than you are with a troll." 
Princess Leia
« Reply #444 on: July 30, 2015, 05:48:24 AM »

In your honest opinion do you see the fact that this had to be done in 1996, 2004, 2007, and now 2015 making it harder this time around to find the next man (or men...) up?

Quick follow up question, do you have a wish list of guitarists you'd like to see fill the void?

No, and no.

It's GN'R and Axl Rose. And while some of you think this as a bad thing, it's not necessarily true in the "real" world.... Smiley

/jarmo

Of course Axl can find 2 guys to replace DJ and BBF. All he has to do is watch YouTube or go to The Roxy to check out bands. The problem is those guys are gonna use Axl and GN?R to make themselves known to the world. Once they accomplish that they are gonna leave the band sooner or later and make their own albums and tours. This is the same patron we?ve seen since 1999. That?s unfair to both Axl and us
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #445 on: July 30, 2015, 07:06:42 AM »

Off topic but I found this tip online: "If you?ve spent any time online, you?ve probably run across trolls even if you didn?t know the term.  You may have tried to reason with them, be nice to them or virtually shout back at them.  Don?t bother. You?re more likely to win an argument with a tree than you are with a troll." 

Great advice  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
mortismurphy
« Reply #446 on: July 30, 2015, 07:39:55 AM »

"Laziness"?

I agree with this....

I'm done debating with you and I'm not interested in what you think. Bye troll !!!

Fair enough but may I just add that it was you who initiated contact with me, not the reverse, and I have still not attacked you on a personal level as you have done to me.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #447 on: July 30, 2015, 08:31:04 AM »

to be really honest : I'm happy that DJ is not writing or composing with Guns.
I'm sure he & Axl get along very well, but I'm just not a fan of what he's doing artistically speaking.

naively I thought that Ron & Axl could write together some epic stuff, so I'm more disapointed about that

can't wait to have some real news about the new album

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #448 on: July 30, 2015, 08:57:40 AM »

Does Emily have a few split personalities? It would seem they each have a log in  Cheesy
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #449 on: July 30, 2015, 09:01:30 AM »

No, and no.

/jarmo

Could we spin a murder? Maybe we could? Hehe
Kidding kidding
Lol I'm happy to wait and see for a bit but at this stage even you could admit from a fans perspective it's not looking great.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #450 on: July 30, 2015, 09:37:23 AM »

Does Emily have a few split personalities? It would seem they each have a log in  Cheesy

Reported.

Go troll somewhere else.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:40:30 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #451 on: July 30, 2015, 10:00:22 AM »

Emily reminds me of Jim from GNR Truth.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #452 on: July 30, 2015, 10:01:49 AM »

Could we spin a murder?

Spin? Yet another familiar term used by certain posters who you seem to align yourself with.

Please stop trolling and looking for arguments. Thanks.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:06:26 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #453 on: July 30, 2015, 10:09:41 AM »

I read over there.. and yes she does.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #454 on: July 30, 2015, 10:12:17 AM »

Dj ASHBA

I can not thank you ALL enough for your kind words, heartwarming messages and the incredible love that you continue to give to me. Thank you ALL for being so supportive, understanding and respectful of my feelings as I close one beautiful chapter and open another. You have my word, I will not let you down. God Bless.

‪#‎SixxAM‬ ‪#‎TheASHBAfamily‬ ‪#‎AFU‬ ‪#‎ConquerTheWorld‬

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #455 on: July 30, 2015, 10:13:37 AM »

Dj ASHBA

I can not thank you ALL enough for your kind words, heartwarming messages and the incredible love that you continue to give to me. Thank you ALL for being so supportive, understanding and respectful of my feelings as I close one beautiful chapter and open another. You have my word, I will not let you down. God Bless.

What does AFU mean?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #456 on: July 30, 2015, 10:14:54 AM »

Dj ASHBA

What does AFU mean?

"All Fucked Up'
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=AFU
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #457 on: July 30, 2015, 10:16:35 AM »

Sorry, wrong gender.

You and Oscar should get a room. Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #458 on: July 30, 2015, 10:17:50 AM »

Dj ASHBA

What does AFU mean?

"All Fucked Up'
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=AFU

haha thanks. I'm not as hip as I used to be.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #459 on: July 30, 2015, 10:19:26 AM »

Dj ASHBA

What does AFU mean?

Real definition:
A.F.U. (Ashba Fans Unite)

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: