Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 05:06:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ's Letter
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ's Letter  (Read 141495 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #420 on: July 29, 2015, 06:37:58 PM »

Im not going to re-enter the argument about Axl being lazy... and his numbers... I've already made my position known on that point...  Wink

Someone else made another pretty good point RE-reunion...

Duff doing those half a dozen shows down in south america was such a big step forward in terms of Axl being open to doing anything with members of the old band. Duff even stated that he chewed the fat with Axl about the things that happened and made it clear he was happy to have his old friend back. I dont think that can be under-estimated in terms of Axl wanting to repair the friendships. Now im not saying that means it will definitely extend to Slash and result in a reunion... But it has to be a positive step.

As others have said, a lot of dots can be joined that points to a reunion.. now would surely have to be the closest time we've ever been to one?

dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #421 on: July 29, 2015, 07:33:29 PM »

[/quote]

I think 15 songs in 15 years is a pretty meager output, by any objective standard.

If you feel the need to dress it up, I'm not going to stop you.  But its not an argument I could ever make with a straight face, that's all.
[/quote]

D-GenerationX, in this case you are spot-on, 100% accurate.
I am a HUGE GNR and Axl supporter...but to say the output of this band is anything but meager would be utterly false and laughable.  (bittersweet laughter with tears)

In fact, one could paint it with an even more negative brush by saying it's been 20+ years with one album.  ONE ALBUM!?

I guess you could throw in OMG, Silkworms, and Sympathy...and some assorted covers, my fav. being Sailing...and we could say we have a little more than one song per year over that span...but less than one original, studio-recorded song per year over the last two decades!?!  

Was it meager quality?  Hell NO in my opinion.  
Was it meager in quantity?  Umm, yeah?  Isn't that obvious?

[/quote]

I think that would be the consensus on here.
And Jarmo...about that like button !!?
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #422 on: July 29, 2015, 07:45:58 PM »

At this point i hope a reunion will happen. Axl failed building up a solid band, that's it.

Axl didn't fail anything. He's been touring the world several times getting his art out there for the world to hear. How can you say he failed? Imo he's been hugely successful.

This isn't about some guitarist or a drummer or anyone else, this is about GN'R. The most dynamic band in the world.

To me it's funny to see so many takes on what a band is...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:52:38 PM by erose » Logged

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
mortismurphy
« Reply #423 on: July 29, 2015, 08:15:02 PM »

This isn't about some guitarist or a drummer or anyone else, this is about GN'R. The most dynamic band in the world.

They are certainly dynamic I will give you that. Dynamic in regards to band defections!! You can literally shape the nugnr era by hiatuses. With other bands your normally have such a thing as a 'discography'. Assuming Axl replaces Ashba and BF will that not make it twenty two members who have passed through the ranks?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #424 on: July 29, 2015, 08:21:05 PM »

The mere fact that you came up with your "15 songs in 15 years" motto proves you're not objective when it comes to Axl's legacy.

Picture a conversation, but away from the confines at this board.   A bar, a party...wherever.  Doesn't matter, for the purposes of this example.

The topic that comes up is musical acts since the turn of the century.  There's a pause in the action, and you drop this :

"I tell you who's had a hell of a run since 2000 : Axl Rose."

Once they establish you aren't, in fact, joking...they are going to look at you like you just arrived from Mars.

Be realistic.  That's all I'm saying. 

If you have your own spin, salud.  But who else would ever hear it out except one of us?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #425 on: July 29, 2015, 08:24:35 PM »

In fact, one could paint it with an even more negative brush by saying it's been 20+ years with one album.  ONE ALBUM!?

I don't think that's totally fair.  Its not like he was ready to roll with a new band starting in 1995.

However, even if you don't start counting until 2000...is that better?  Comparatively speaking, sure.  15 years is better than 20.  But still, not great news.

I would agree with you.  I would also vigorously dispute that the explanation for the second is answered by the first.

Two different concepts, there.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #426 on: July 29, 2015, 08:26:11 PM »

Thank you fellow fan for not sounding like some who think they have shares in the band...  hihi

Someone has claimed that?  Where?  Where has this happened?

Your quote button on the fritz?

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #427 on: July 29, 2015, 08:32:29 PM »

GUNS N? ROSES DRUMMER FRANK FERRER TO DISCUSS DEPARTURE OF DJ ASHBA ON THE GEOFF LENOX SHOW TONIGHT

Current Guns N? Roses drummer Frank Ferrer is interviewed on this week?s episode of The Geoff Lenox Show on Stone Chrome Radio. Ferrer discusses his career, the resignation of DJ Ashba, and gives an inside look at life as a current member of Guns N? Roses.

The Geoff Lenox Show airs tonight, Wednesday, July 29th at 8 PM, EST/5 PM, PST, with on demand replay of past episodes, only at stonechromeradio.com.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #428 on: July 29, 2015, 08:34:45 PM »

Cool. 

Hope he can shed some light.

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #429 on: July 29, 2015, 09:21:01 PM »

D Gen, he started "formally" moving forward with the new band on 5-1-1998 when Slash and Duff were declared leaving members under the recording contract of 1992.

two amendments dated as of May 1, 1998. One of these amendments, see Froeling Decl. Ex. D, confirmed Slash's and Duff's departure from the band and their status as 'Leaving Members'? under the 1992 Recording Agreement, thereby relieving them of charges against their royalty accounts for the enormous recording costs and other expenses being incurred by Axl Rose (the only 'Remaining Member' of Guns N' Roses) in connection with the recording of the new Guns N' Roses studio album.

so 15 original songs officially released in 17 years...facts are facts

You proud of the fact that ONLY 15 songs in 17 years have been released?Huh?
yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #430 on: July 29, 2015, 09:59:45 PM »

Sad to hear Dj Ashba left however I thought that Robin leaving was a bigger blow.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #431 on: July 29, 2015, 10:04:16 PM »

GUNS N? ROSES DRUMMER FRANK FERRER TO DISCUSS DEPARTURE OF DJ ASHBA ON THE GEOFF LENOX SHOW TONIGHT

Current Guns N? Roses drummer Frank Ferrer is interviewed on this week?s episode of The Geoff Lenox Show on Stone Chrome Radio. Ferrer discusses his career, the resignation of DJ Ashba, and gives an inside look at life as a current member of Guns N? Roses.

The Geoff Lenox Show airs tonight, Wednesday, July 29th at 8 PM, EST/5 PM, PST, with on demand replay of past episodes, only at stonechromeradio.com.

Any update to this?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #432 on: July 29, 2015, 10:12:14 PM »

Any update to this?

I just tuned in now, he thanked Frank for being on the show so I missed it. Hopefully there will be a podcast of the show soon.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
gnredwing
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #433 on: July 29, 2015, 11:54:48 PM »

I know many are happy DJ has left. The unfortunate thing is like DJ or not, he wanted to make NEW music with GnR, the same can be said for Ron. What artist is going to stay in a band that does not create new music? Dizzy Reed, case in point. Guy plays the keyboard and plays piano for street of dreams. Chris Pitman. Bangs bongo drums like an idiot, adds nothing to the band. Dizzy and Chris are slaves to Axl, because they know they have not a flash of talent as DJ and Ron. Chris Pitman was quoted in an interview "Just like Guns we don't care, we are not knocking ourselves out to release music, there's no reason too." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrhZE7vnWEw). So this mentality is what actually drives talent away. Good for DJ for getting up and leaving and not wasting anymore time.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #434 on: July 30, 2015, 01:25:04 AM »

I think 15 songs in 15 years is a pretty meager output, by any objective standard.

If you feel the need to dress it up, I'm not going to stop you.  But its not an argument I could ever make with a straight face, that's all.
[/quote]

D-GenerationX, in this case you are spot-on, 100% accurate.
I am a HUGE GNR and Axl supporter...but to say the output of this band is anything but meager would be utterly false and laughable.  (bittersweet laughter with tears)

I guess you could throw in OMG, Silkworms, and Sympathy...and some assorted covers, my fav. being Sailing...and we could say we have a little more than one song per year over that span...but less than one original, studio-recorded song per year over the last two decades!?!  

[/quote]

I think that would be the consensus on here.
And Jarmo...about that like button !!?
[/quote]
True. All true.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #435 on: July 30, 2015, 01:34:51 AM »

Any update to this?

Yes, just posted new topic  beer

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #436 on: July 30, 2015, 02:37:11 AM »

Any update to this?

It's posted here: http://www.stonechromeradio.com/uploads/7/6/6/5/7665751/geoff_lenox_7_29.mp3

@40:39 he talks about GNR.  He says the whole DJ thing has thrown everyone for a loop.  Until this point everyone in the band gets along. Hopefully you'll hear some good news soon.  The new music is consistent with Chinese Democracy.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #437 on: July 30, 2015, 02:42:37 AM »

True. Every five + years Axl has to rebuild a band because his band members get bored with his laziness and depart. That is the way it was in the past. Presumably that is the way it will be in the future. I think we can dispense with the ''this is the most stable lineup ever'' rhetoric.  Guns will never have a stable lineup. If you are a writing/recording artist, how can you stay in a band which does neither of those things?

"Laziness"?

How many platinum albums have you put out? How many bands have you founded? How many times have you toured the whole wide world?

Axl Rose has dedicated his life to his band and he has achieved more than you'll ever dream of !! You think you're such an expert of the music business but you're just a fan, like all of us here !!! So quit being a jerk and show some gratitude for a change. 

None of this is relevant since I did not choose to pursue a career in the popular music industry. You can only judge a man within the confines of his chosen lifestyle and profession. Besides, it is subjective. In my opinion a doctor who makes a break through in cancer research has been infinitely more successful than the greatest rock musician alive be it Elvis, Axl or AC/DC. But it is an absurd argument as I said, enough for me not to make wish to make it.

I agree with this....

I know for a fact, not one person here knows me in person....

And I dare anyone to say TheBaconman is not successful
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #438 on: July 30, 2015, 03:03:59 AM »

Any update to this?

It's posted here: http://www.stonechromeradio.com/uploads/7/6/6/5/7665751/geoff_lenox_7_29.mp3

@40:39 he talks about GNR.  He says the whole DJ thing has thrown everyone for a loop.  Until this point everyone in the band gets along. Hopefully you'll hear some good news soon.  The new music is consistent with Chinese Democracy.

Also, when asked who is managing the band he say Fernando and Beta Lebeis.

gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #439 on: July 30, 2015, 03:25:59 AM »

True. Every five + years Axl has to rebuild a band because his band members get bored with his laziness and depart. That is the way it was in the past. Presumably that is the way it will be in the future. I think we can dispense with the ''this is the most stable lineup ever'' rhetoric.  Guns will never have a stable lineup. If you are a writing/recording artist, how can you stay in a band which does neither of those things?

"Laziness"?

How many platinum albums have you put out? How many bands have you founded? How many times have you toured the whole wide world?

Axl Rose has dedicated his life to his band and he has achieved more than you'll ever dream of !! You think you're such an expert of the music business but you're just a fan, like all of us here !!! So quit being a jerk and show some gratitude for a change. 

None of this is relevant since I did not choose to pursue a career in the popular music industry. You can only judge a man within the confines of his chosen lifestyle and profession. Besides, it is subjective. In my opinion a doctor who makes a break through in cancer research has been infinitely more successful than the greatest rock musician alive be it Elvis, Axl or AC/DC. But it is an absurd argument as I said, enough for me not to make wish to make it.

Well it seems to me your "chosen lifestyle" is posting bullshit comments about GNR on a GNR fansite. Sad...  no
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: