Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 05:23:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ's Letter
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ's Letter  (Read 141503 times)
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #400 on: July 29, 2015, 04:15:24 PM »

True. Every five + years Axl has to rebuild a band because his band members get bored with his laziness and depart. That is the way it was in the past. Presumably that is the way it will be in the future. I think we can dispense with the ''this is the most stable lineup ever'' rhetoric.  Guns will never have a stable lineup. If you are a writing/recording artist, how can you stay in a band which does neither of those things?

"Laziness"?

How many platinum albums have you put out? How many bands have you founded? How many times have you toured the whole wide world?

Axl Rose has dedicated his life to his band and he has achieved more than you'll ever dream of !! You think you're such an expert of the music business but you're just a fan, like all of us here !!! So quit being a jerk and show some gratitude for a change. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #401 on: July 29, 2015, 04:45:55 PM »

Jarmo.....we need to institute "like" buttons at htgth.

Completely irrespective of any recent, previous, posts

smoking

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #402 on: July 29, 2015, 04:49:57 PM »

smoking

Looking for my like button...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #403 on: July 29, 2015, 04:55:34 PM »

smoking

I like that idea.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #404 on: July 29, 2015, 05:02:13 PM »

True. Every five + years Axl has to rebuild a band because his band members get bored with his laziness and depart. That is the way it was in the past. Presumably that is the way it will be in the future. I think we can dispense with the ''this is the most stable lineup ever'' rhetoric.  Guns will never have a stable lineup. If you are a writing/recording artist, how can you stay in a band which does neither of those things?

"Laziness"?

How many platinum albums have you put out? How many bands have you founded? How many times have you toured the whole wide world?

Axl Rose has dedicated his life to his band and he has achieved more than you'll ever dream of !! You think you're such an expert of the music business but you're just a fan, like all of us here !!! So quit being a jerk and show some gratitude for a change. 

Feel better?

Quick question.  How does any of this scorching hot take this address Axl's own meager output, which was the original point made?

You see that, right?  How there is no real connection between his point and your response to it?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #405 on: July 29, 2015, 05:04:02 PM »

I see this as surprising and very sad news.
I'm not a "guitar solo" fan, so when I say I LOVED DJ's solos, I think they were pretty damn special.
DJ just seemed like a very nice guy too...very talented in my opinion...great stage presence...and I will always wonder what kind of contribution he'd have made to the GNR legacy.

I have not read through the 21 pages.

VERY fucking unfortunate.

Has there been any official statement from Axl?

Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #406 on: July 29, 2015, 05:04:57 PM »

I also liked DJ's solo spots.  Thought they were real solid.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #407 on: July 29, 2015, 05:18:50 PM »

[/quote]

Feel better?

Quick question.  How does any of this scorching hot take this address Axl's own meager output, which was the original point made?

You see that, right?  How there is no real connection between his point and your response to it?

[/quote]

The bottom line is I value quality over quantity.

Don't get me wrong I want to see CD2 out just as bad as any fan but even if it never came out, I would never start calling Axl a lazy person with a "meager output".

Why? Because I already have all of Guns N Roses albums and they ALL kick ass !! And I'll always be grateful for that !!  peace

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #408 on: July 29, 2015, 05:25:45 PM »

Don't get me wrong I want to see CD2 out just as bad as any fan but even if it never came out, I would never start calling Axl a lazy person with a "meager output".

But we are just talking raw numbers here.

Let's not even go back to the release of 'TSI?'.  That's not realistic.  You can't realistically start the clock at that point.

But he started assembling a new band in what...1999?  2000?  So we are talking a 15-16 year time period, right?

In that 15-16 years, he has released 15 total songs.  How can that not be described as a meager output?  You see what I'm saying?  We are talking a one song a year pace, if that, and no real indication that anything is coning anytime soon.  So you could tack on another year, really.

Sure, you can try and change the subject about how 'CD' was so mind blowingly incredible.  Or how unless some other commenter on an internet forum has (rather inexplicably, I might add) in that same time frame not founded a rock band or released any material his pointing out that fact is out of bounds.

But does that change the raw numbers?  No, it does not.  Its misdirection and deflection.  That's all that is.

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #409 on: July 29, 2015, 05:28:08 PM »

Ron too? You think Axl would go at it again with two brand new lead guitarists?

Yeah. If two need replacing.
I mean how would you go about it if you want three guitar players in the band otherwise?

/jarmo

Yep, but this is becoming a little embarassing, it looks like a supermarket more than a band.
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #410 on: July 29, 2015, 05:47:58 PM »

But we are just talking raw numbers here.

Let's not even go back to the release of 'TSI?'.  That's not realistic.  You can't realistically start the clock at that point.

But he started assembling a new band in what...1999?  2000?  So we are talking a 15-16 year time period, right?

In that 15-16 years, he has released 15 total songs.  How can that not be described as a meager output?  You see what I'm saying?  We are talking a one song a year pace, if that, and no real indication that anything is coning anytime soon.  So you could tack on another year, really.

Sure, you can try and change the subject about how 'CD' was so mind blowingly incredible.  Or how unless some other commenter on an internet forum has (rather inexplicably, I might add) in that same time frame not founded a rock band or released any material his pointing out that fact is out of bounds.

But does that change the raw numbers?  No, it does not.  Its misdirection and deflection.  That's all that is.

I think your "raw numbers" approach is just ridiculous. Let me remind you this: music is art. You seem to think one can put out music on a consistent basis like a factory builds cars or bakes pies. It's just not the case.  no

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:50:39 PM by gunnersince94 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #411 on: July 29, 2015, 05:54:05 PM »

I think your "raw numbers" approach is just ridiculous. Let me remind you this: music is art. You seem to think one can put out music on a consistent basis like a factory builds cars or bakes pies. It's just not the case.  no

I think 15 songs in 15 years is a pretty meager output, by any objective standard.

If you feel the need to dress it up, I'm not going to stop you.  But its not an argument I could ever make with a straight face, that's all.

gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #412 on: July 29, 2015, 06:01:49 PM »

I think 15 songs in 15 years is a pretty meager output, by any objective standard.

If you feel the need to dress it up, I'm not going to stop you.  But its not an argument I could ever make with a straight face, that's all.

The mere fact that you came up with your "15 songs in 15 years" motto proves you're not objective when it comes to Axl's legacy.

You're counting songs. I'm very happy to listen to them.

I would be very happy if you could give us 15 posts in 15 years.  Kiss

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:04:39 PM by gunnersince94 » Logged
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #413 on: July 29, 2015, 06:02:38 PM »

Support you gunnersince94. Too many copares Guns with regular "jaaabs" and the working mans work ethics,  money, stox and with the capitalistic mindset of Adams and Ricardo. This isn't a massproduction company for art, but art who's massproduced because of it's awesomeness  ok

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #414 on: July 29, 2015, 06:08:55 PM »

C'mon jarmo...about that like button....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:14:37 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #415 on: July 29, 2015, 06:09:55 PM »

D-GenerationX, in this case you are spot-on, 100% accurate.
I am a HUGE GNR and Axl supporter...but to say the output of this band is anything but meager would be utterly false and laughable.  (bittersweet laughter with tears)

In fact, one could paint it with an even more negative brush by saying it's been 20+ years with one album.  ONE ALBUM!?

I guess you could throw in OMG, Silkworms, and Sympathy...and some assorted covers, my fav. being Sailing...and we could say we have a little more than one song per year over that span...but less than one original, studio-recorded song per year over the last two decades!?!  

Was it meager quality?  Hell NO in my opinion.  
Was it meager in quantity?  Umm, yeah?  Isn't that obvious?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #416 on: July 29, 2015, 06:14:33 PM »

D Gen, he started "formally" moving forward with the new band on 5-1-1998 when Slash and Duff were declared leaving members under the recording contract of 1992.

two amendments dated as of May 1, 1998. One of these amendments, see Froeling Decl. Ex. D, confirmed Slash's and Duff's departure from the band and their status as 'Leaving Members'? under the 1992 Recording Agreement, thereby relieving them of charges against their royalty accounts for the enormous recording costs and other expenses being incurred by Axl Rose (the only 'Remaining Member' of Guns N' Roses) in connection with the recording of the new Guns N' Roses studio album.

so 15 original songs officially released in 17 years...facts are facts
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:18:08 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #417 on: July 29, 2015, 06:14:55 PM »

Support you gunnersince94. Too many copares Guns with regular "jaaabs" and the working mans work ethics,  money, stox and with the capitalistic mindset of Adams and Ricardo. This isn't a massproduction company for art, but art who's massproduced because of it's awesomeness  ok

Thank you fellow fan for not sounding like some who think they have shares in the band...  hihi
mortismurphy
« Reply #418 on: July 29, 2015, 06:19:32 PM »

"Laziness"?

None of this is relevant since I did not choose to pursue a career in the popular music industry. You can only judge a man within the confines of his chosen lifestyle and profession. Besides, it is subjective. In my opinion a doctor who makes a break through in cancer research has been infinitely more successful than the greatest rock musician alive be it Elvis, Axl or AC/DC. But it is an absurd argument as I said, enough for me not to make wish to make it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:21:31 PM by mortismurphy » Logged
mortismurphy
« Reply #419 on: July 29, 2015, 06:30:52 PM »

The opposite of 'lazy' is 'prolific', 'active'. Is anyone here going to seriously apply these attributes to Axl? What then is the controversy?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: