Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 02:46:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ's Letter
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ's Letter  (Read 141284 times)
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #380 on: July 29, 2015, 01:20:16 PM »

There have been voices for awhile hinting at a reunion. The one thing thing that stands out to me was that slot game which was launched at this years ice trade show. Why would GN'R endorse something using solely the old line up?? And believe me it was not a mistake.

On the other hand if there are things going on behind the scenes I don't think Steven Adler could contain himself & not mention it somewhere. On a side note Steven is good enough to do the job! Adler sound awesome.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #381 on: July 29, 2015, 01:26:16 PM »

On the other hand if there are things going on behind the scenes I don't think Steven Adler could contain himself & not mention it somewhere.

Hahaha, that's a good point.

I would personally still hope they went with Matt.  Can you imagine Steven's meltdown?  It would be epic.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #382 on: July 29, 2015, 01:27:13 PM »

There have been voices for awhile hinting at a reunion. The one thing thing that stands out to me was that slot game which was launched at this years ice trade show. Why would GN'R endorse something using solely the old line up?? And believe me it was not a mistake.

On the other hand if there are things going on behind the scenes I don't think Steven Adler could contain himself & not mention it somewhere. On a side note Steven is good enough to do the job! Adler sound awesome.

If there are any converstation about reunion im sure are in the first Step.Duff and maybe Izzy talking with Axl.Steven would be the last to know ,and probably would be a reunion with 2 drummers.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #383 on: July 29, 2015, 01:30:57 PM »

On the other hand if there are things going on behind the scenes I don't think Steven Adler could contain himself & not mention it somewhere.

Hahaha, that's a good point.

I would personally still hope they went with Matt.  Can you imagine Steven's meltdown?  It would be epic.

Steven, and probably Matt too, would be kept out of the loop until the minute before the public announcement. 
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #384 on: July 29, 2015, 02:00:54 PM »

How about a response if not for the next step perhaps at least an acknowledgment to DJ's departure..
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #385 on: July 29, 2015, 02:12:45 PM »

I will take The Magical Mystery Vault.  I will take a reunion.

Most people won't take both.  I will. 

Because I refuse to accept an outcome where the best frontman of my lifetime site at home.  No god damn good.

Great post and agree completely. At this point, I'd probably be equally stoked for a CD2 announcement as well as a reunion.  So long as whatever the outcome doesn't have Axl taking his ball and going home, possibly for years on end before we hear anything from him.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #386 on: July 29, 2015, 02:49:46 PM »

This may be too much to ask...

But are you willing to provide us with your view on how you see this departure and the future for the band? You've hardly said much since this story broke?

I believe I already commented once.

I was surprised.
But Dj replaced Robin, so I don't see why Dj couldn't be replaced since he chose to end his time with GN'R.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #387 on: July 29, 2015, 02:52:57 PM »

This may be too much to ask...

But are you willing to provide us with your view on how you see this departure and the future for the band? You've hardly said much since this story broke?

I believe I already commented once.

I was surprised.
But Dj replaced Robin, so I don't see why Dj couldn't be replaced since he chose to end his time with GN'R.

/jarmo

Ron too? You think Axl would go at it again with two brand new lead guitarists?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #388 on: July 29, 2015, 02:53:25 PM »

If there are any converstation about reunion im sure are in the first Step.Duff and maybe Izzy talking with Axl.Steven would be the last to know ,and probably would be a reunion with 2 drummers.

Kind of weird though, no?  Wouldn't that be an awkward set-up?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #389 on: July 29, 2015, 02:55:48 PM »

Yeah. If two need replacing.
I mean how would you go about it if you want three guitar players in the band otherwise?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #390 on: July 29, 2015, 02:58:12 PM »

Yeah. If two need replacing.
I mean how would you go about it if you want three guitar players in the band otherwise?

/jarmo

Well I understand the math of it... ha

I was going for whether you think Axl getting two new guitar players and continuing as Guns N Roses is most likely his plan.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 02:59:45 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #391 on: July 29, 2015, 02:59:49 PM »

this guy could take the Bucket/Ron spot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=83&v=Snv4DlZS7K4

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #392 on: July 29, 2015, 03:10:13 PM »

I was going for whether you think Axl getting two new guitar players and continuing as Guns N Roses is most likely his plan.

He didn't stop in 1996, or 2004 or 2007....

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #393 on: July 29, 2015, 03:19:16 PM »

True. Every five + years Axl has to rebuild a band because his band members get bored with his laziness and depart. That is the way it was in the past. Presumably that is the way it will be in the future. I think we can dispense with the ''this is the most stable lineup ever'' rhetoric.  Guns will never have a stable lineup. If you are a writing/recording artist, how can you stay in a band which does neither of those things?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #394 on: July 29, 2015, 03:22:16 PM »

True. Every five + years Axl has to rebuild a band because his band members get bored with his laziness and depart. That is the way it was in the past. Presumably that is the way it will be in the future. I think we can dispense with the ''this is the most stable lineup ever'' rhetoric.  Guns will never have a stable lineup. If you are a writing/recording artist, how can you stay in a band which does neither of those things?

This whole scenario has just been a lay up for some of you guys.  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
mortismurphy
« Reply #395 on: July 29, 2015, 03:35:02 PM »

This whole scenario has just been a lay up for some of you guys.  Smiley

In fairness, I was not one of the one's speculating about Ashba leaving a week ago (I never even read the interviews now), but anyone who was involved with that particular debate does deserve a week or two of ''I told you so''s.
Princess Leia
« Reply #396 on: July 29, 2015, 03:36:24 PM »

That?s why a reunion would make more sense. They don?t have to make a new album. All they have do is play the old songs. Maybe they could add an Slash song also (Anastasia) or even a VR song (Fall To Pieces). It?s the best way to avoid yet another new guy leaving at some point because he is frustrated he can?t add his own music into an album
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #397 on: July 29, 2015, 03:40:42 PM »

He didn't stop in 1996, or 2004 or 2007....

/jarmo

jarmo,

In your honest opinion do you see the fact that this had to be done in 1996, 2004, 2007, and now 2015 making it harder this time around to find the next man (or men...) up?

Quick follow up question, do you have a wish list of guitarists you'd like to see fill the void?
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #398 on: July 29, 2015, 03:53:50 PM »

I'd say this is a slight exaggeration. Rebuild? No.
Replace a person here or there? Yes, but we're not talking about a complete overhaul from the ground up. At least not every five years.

As far as the part, I put in bold, I think plenty of members have been on record that they are writing and recording new music. It's about the release of it.
mortismurphy
« Reply #399 on: July 29, 2015, 04:10:10 PM »

I'd say this is a slight exaggeration. Rebuild? No.
Replace a person here or there? Yes, but we're not talking about a complete overhaul from the ground up. At least not every five years.

As far as the part, I put in bold, I think plenty of members have been on record that they are writing and recording new music. It's about the release of it.

Not sure I agree. Firstly 1996-8 was a complete rebuild. Secondly losing a guitarist is always going to be a big change for a guitarist dominated band like gnr. Losing two is quite major I feel. Formally it was more the gradual losing of members over time. So Tobias was replaced in 2002. Bucket around 2004-05. Robin left in 2008. So if you jump from 2001 to the 2009 band you do see a rather different band.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: