Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 05:36:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ's Letter
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ's Letter  (Read 141514 times)
Trash Boat
Opening Act

« Reply #320 on: July 28, 2015, 07:48:55 PM »

Take back what I said about betting my house on an album coming out this year  confused
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #321 on: July 28, 2015, 07:48:59 PM »

John 5 and Trey Spruance should joins Guns

If you are John5 and you look at the laundry list of guitar players that have left and the reasons for it, why would you take it on at this point of your career? Makes more sense if it is an unknown that needs it as a launching pad.

Lots of money and fun of playing the GNR material all over the world, he even covered WTTJ a few years ago

Which is of course the obvious motivation, but with the history don't you place a phone call to Ron, DJ, Robin, or someone who can talk to you on the phone while talking to Buckets hand puppet and ask them what went wrong and 'should I do it'?

Look at the flip side: its hard to argue that ron and dj aren't imminently better off having been in gnr. They made good money (you'd think), were exposed to a much wider fan base, and have a much higher public profile than they did when they started. I'd argue thats true for Bucket too..lthough i'm not sure he sees that as a net positive.

Its not all bad, even if the things people are assuming are true, are true across the board.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #322 on: July 28, 2015, 07:56:52 PM »

This news isn't that big. Sixx am is his baby and there's big plans to jump into. It doesn't mean axl did anything or there was a big reunion development. He's going where the action is. Is anyone really surprised if you've read about the ambitious, specific, solid sixx am plans with two volumes? Would you wait around, sitting in the bench, never knowing if the coach will put you in the game? Or would you switch to a team playing well where you'll be a star?

But I pray that somehow, in some way, Axl is motivated to share his talents.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #323 on: July 28, 2015, 08:05:37 PM »

Look at the flip side: its hard to argue that ron and dj aren't imminently better off having been in gnr. They made good money (you'd think), were exposed to a much wider fan base, and have a much higher public profile than they did when they started. I'd argue thats true for Bucket too..lthough i'm not sure he sees that as a net positive.

Its not all bad, even if the things people are assuming are true, are true across the board.

Which kind of goes to my point...John5 doesn't need Axl for that... he has it, everyone else with the exception of maybe Robin and Tommy were widely unknown and participated in largely 'indy' projects. Why would you give up all control and input over years of your musical career just to get a free plane ride around South America? After the 3rd reboot (5th if you count the AFD and UYI lineups) the name recognition of being the GnR guitarist is losing a little lustre.

(edit) Quick example John5 has had a Fender Signature model for years... I know that's not the ultimate measuring stick but no replacement player has walked into that roll in GnR with that type of contract, DJ got his signature Les Paul after (sans bumble with a Vigier signature released the year he joined Guns and lets be honest Vigier isn't exactly Gibson or Fender).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:47:57 PM by C0ma » Logged
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #324 on: July 28, 2015, 08:30:47 PM »

Claiming excitement over major band defections is just about the very definition of the concept you will cheer anything, literally anything, that comes down the pike with this guy.

How about murder?  Could we spin a murder?  Would it be an extension of there never being anyone like Axl Rose?

The usual nonsense from you.

You seem to lack the ability to see anything good in the world of GN'R.

Since that ability is missing in your life, let me explain it to you. Nobody is necessarily claiming this to be great news, they're merely expressing an opinion that they're not seeing this as the definite end of the world (as some others seem to) and that something will come out of all this that could very well be good. The last time a new band member joined, it was followed by years and years of activity that we really hadn't seen the like of (at least not in the Internet age).

Of course, this concept is alien to you. See above. And I'm expecting you to somehow try to ridicule what I said. I'll save you, and everybody some time by just saying: Move on.

Just because something is true for you, doesn't mean everyone else is like you. And thank God for that!  Tongue

The irony of the situation is that now fans actually have a reason to feel upset or whatever, but it's the same handful of posters who were whin... expressing their honest opinions in 2014 that are still doing it.... Shocked

/jarmo

The word used was 'exciting', 'excitement', not 'optimism for the future'. If you feel Guns will be able to recuperate and maybe find two guitarists even better and come out better, that is fair enough but I fail to see how a reaction to the initial news could produce feelings of excitement. I actually think it is a fair bet that Axl was dismayed by Dj's defection. Some of you are even more in 'la la land' than your mentor is. Can you imagine Axl saying, ''wow, exciting - exciting times'' when Ashba said to Axl that he was quitting?

Moaning Mortis-  Why not whine about the Vegas residencies one more time, I don't think you have really made that point clear to some  rofl

I think the next chapter of GNR  could be very interesting and intriguing, for me something interesting and intriguing leads to some degree of excitement and enjoyment, why would someone voluntarily spend leisure time on something they didn't enjoy?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #325 on: July 28, 2015, 08:35:56 PM »

This news isn't that big. Sixx am is his baby and there's big plans to jump into. It doesn't mean axl did anything or there was a big reunion development. He's going where the action is. Is anyone really surprised if you've read about the ambitious, specific, solid sixx am plans with two volumes? Would you wait around, sitting in the bench, never knowing if the coach will put you in the game? Or would you switch to a team playing well where you'll be a star?

But I pray that somehow, in some way, Axl is motivated to share his talents.

Nikki Sixx offered him a very enticing package offer, 2 years of touring and 2 new albums. Honestly never thought Sixx AM would tour, not really my cup of tea though.

You do know that praying your will on somebody else's life is sorcery, right?  no

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #326 on: July 28, 2015, 08:36:18 PM »

Maybe Zakk Wylde Is The Solution

Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #327 on: July 28, 2015, 08:44:16 PM »

I think after the hoopla dies down a bit regarding DJ, I'm going to take a bit of a break from this website.  I just don't see it being "interesting" or "exciting" that DJ left. There really isn't much to talk about on here with two guitarists gone and Axl being in disarray at this point in time.  

Hopefully there will be news of a reunion. That would be VERY exciting!  
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #328 on: July 28, 2015, 09:05:53 PM »

You think Axl will continue?

Yes.

/jarmo

How will you feel if SLash returns? you have not really been a slash fan over the years if we have read your posts correctly...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #329 on: July 28, 2015, 09:22:30 PM »

And now, some food for thought:

SOMETHING is going on behind the scenes that points to some sort of reunion.

1. GNR "retirement" and "free calendar" rumor spreads.
2. Axl denies it, but it's currently happening, so there was truth to it.
3. Eddie Trunk and Mitch Lafon have both been hearing things from "reliable sources" that indicate there will be a new/old lineup in the next year or so.
4. The daily dose of Duff McKagan interviews stopped out of nowhere.
5. Slash changes his tone on reunion questions.
6. Not a peep out of Matt Sorum on Kings of Chaos, but tons of #TBT posts with Izzy and Axl on Facebook
7. Dead Dasies, Sixx A.M., Replacements news
8. Richard Fortus previously mentioned that some of the material on the new albums came from Slash. There may be some sort of legal issue where Slash has to give permission for it to be used (doubt it, but you never know)
9. At the Golden Gods Awards last year, Axl included "all of our lineups" in this thanks.
10. Steven Adler's comments about the NuGNR have been toned down... a little.

But most importantly - the fact that nobody can/will talk about it!
Trunk/Lafon - They've heard things, but they can't tell who from
Duff/Matt - Suddenly very quiet
Slash - "I have to be very careful what I say there" and "That would be fun to try at some point"
Bumblefoot - ...

There could be a reunion of the AFD lineup or UYI lineup next year, I'm sure.  The interesting thing is, Matt Sorum has said he won't do it unless Steven Adler is involved.  That could throw a kink into it UNLESS Sorum accepts the job and uses that time to convince Axl to let Steven come play at the end of the tour.  And heck, if Axl is dead-set on having a special effects keyboardist and third guitarist, then throw Matt onto the synth keyboard (rotate drums with Adler) and Gilby on the third guitar for a AFD/UYI combo.

This concludes my first post ever on MyGNRForum.
#WheresIzzy

To add to those very coincidental, likely meaningless, items... I also found it peculiar when Doug Goldstein came out of the woodwork earlier this year to give a radio interview, in which he made sure not more than 30 seconds would go by before he reiterated how much he loves Axl, Slash and Duff.  Made we wonder if he knew something was up and he now wants to get his piece of the action.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #330 on: July 28, 2015, 09:45:44 PM »

But we weren't likely getting an album this year, so I don't think this has an impact there.

I wasn't read to give up on that.  The man himself said they were going to finally get back into it.

I've given up now, at least short term.  This year, and next.  So before anyone hits me with the "you are already to give up on 2015 and 2016 with 17 months to go, LOLZ"...save the typing. 

Yes.  Yes, I am.

AT BEST, they are back on the road in some capacity by 2017.

But the album talk is dead and buried for good.

The only thing that keeps me remotely hopeful can be summed up in two words:  The Vault.  I believe it exists.  I believe Axl when he said the next album is already recorded and been done for awhile.  That's the frustrating thing.  You know (as much as you can "know" anything about this band) that it exists.  And what a waste it would be if it never got out.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #331 on: July 28, 2015, 09:50:03 PM »

I will take The Magical Mystery Vault.  I will take a reunion.

Most people won't take both.  I will. 

Because I refuse to accept an outcome where the best frontman of my lifetime site at home.  No god damn good.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #332 on: July 28, 2015, 10:03:22 PM »

Because I refuse to accept an outcome where the best frontman of my lifetime site at home.  No god damn good.

I agree.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #333 on: July 28, 2015, 10:13:12 PM »

Oh, I will take both, and, the more I think about it, I think it's both or nothing.  I really don't see Axl releasing music from The Vault (can we call it "TV"?) without a band...and I really don't see any other band scenario other than a reunion.  I can't envision that Guns 5.0 will resonate well publicly...and does Axl really have it in him at 53 to start from scratch again?  With a reunion, you got to think the record company would stand behind the release of any material called Guns n Roses.  They'd let Axl release whatever the fuck he wants, knowing that a reunion is on the back end.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #334 on: July 28, 2015, 10:16:17 PM »

As ive said before... i'd take the pro-shot footage of the UYI tour.. and whatever documentary was half made or finished..

Reunion of AFD and/or a mix of UYI line-ups (matt/addler & gilby/Izzy)... a mix of that wouldnt bother me. In fact it kind of appeals.

Write one album... tour it and the hits... and sign this sorry story off on a high.

Surely.... Surely Axl has considered this type of idea as a possibility?  Undecided
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #335 on: July 28, 2015, 10:46:30 PM »

Ritchie Kotzen is a rumor... Never heard of him.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #336 on: July 28, 2015, 10:49:41 PM »

gotta agree with you there D-Gen

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #337 on: July 28, 2015, 10:56:45 PM »

Ritchie Kotzen is a rumor... Never heard of him.

Replaced CC Devile in Poison in the mid 90's, did one album with them. Pretty sure he plays guitar on one of those terrible GnR tribute albums we got in the very early 00's.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #338 on: July 28, 2015, 11:02:02 PM »

I actually saw one recommendation on one of the other forums that would actually be pretty intriguing... Orianthi. She launched into the public eye playing with Michael Jackson just prior to his death (if you have never heard of her, watch her on youtube playing Beat It), she toured with Alice Cooper, and now tours with Ritchie Sambora.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #339 on: July 28, 2015, 11:20:14 PM »

That most deluded people,,, ajjajajaa

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: