Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:30:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ's Letter
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ's Letter  (Read 141058 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #480 on: July 30, 2015, 04:18:56 PM »

Where's Robin Huh

He quit twice...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #481 on: July 30, 2015, 04:30:46 PM »

Lack The Third

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #482 on: July 30, 2015, 04:46:03 PM »

Some guys need to convince themselves there must be other things working furiously behind the scenes, all as an elaborate cover for the sheer nothing that's visible.

I am not that guy.  If you are, good luck with it.

Some guys need to convince themselves that they have an idea of what's going on in order to make themselves feel more important.

So instead of just empty words, why not just explain to all of us what makes you privy to information about GN'R's plans and how they may or may not unfold?

Let me guess, you have no idea, as usual. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #483 on: July 30, 2015, 05:08:36 PM »

Glad to see dj left on good terms. Also glad to hear there is a plan and they are forging forward. God forbid the day we hear "sorry guys, gnr is done." Then we wont need speculation to tell us were in trouble, well know. Till then I have no reason to believe I'm being lied to and ill continue looking forward to their next move.

Thanks for dedicating yourself to my favorite band for a while dj! It was great having you around! Loved you on the afd dvd! Good luck!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #484 on: July 30, 2015, 05:15:06 PM »

I was always worried about the direction the band could have taken with Dj on board. I prefer the Chinese Democracy sound and not the SIXX:AM sound for a new gn'r record

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #485 on: July 30, 2015, 05:29:17 PM »

Some guys need to convince themselves that they have an idea of what's going on in order to make themselves feel more important.

So instead of just empty words, why not just explain to all of us what makes you privy to information about GN'R's plans and how they may or may not unfold?

Have never said that.  Still have yet to say that.  You are the one that says I said that. 

That concept has only ever been expressed in a Jarmo penned post posted under Jarmo's name giving me me Jarmo's version of things Jarmo never really heard DX say.

I go by what I see.  I don't see much.  Is what it is.

You don't like that pointed out.  So we go down this same road with "I guess you're an expert, insider, evil genuis...", or whatever the term of the week is.

Same old story.  Same old song and dance.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #486 on: July 30, 2015, 05:31:31 PM »

I was always worried about the direction the band could have taken with Dj on board. I prefer the Chinese Democracy sound and not the SIXX:AM sound for a new gn'r record

Would have been way different.  I thought the same.

A guy like DJ would seem out of place on the 'Chinese' material, right?  Really not his style of thing.

Perhaps that's why Axl was so reluctant to work him in.  Who knows?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #487 on: July 30, 2015, 05:35:31 PM »

Would have been way different.  I thought the same.

A guy like DJ would seem out of place on the 'Chinese' material, right?  Really not his style of thing.

Perhaps that's why Axl was so reluctant to work him in.  Who knows?

I thought you knew...you're the insider (or so I'm told).

Anyway, the next album was always going to be more Chinese sounding, with or without DJ.  Maybe he would've layered in a few riffs here or there, but the album's already done (or so I'm told).
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #488 on: July 30, 2015, 05:38:05 PM »

I thought you knew...you're the insider (or so I'm told).

Anyway, the next album was always going to be more Chinese sounding, with or without DJ.  Maybe he would've layered in a few riffs here or there, but the album's already done (or so I'm told).

My insider status tends to be a case by case basis.  This must have been one of those meetings I skipped.

I just don't know I see DJ even all that interested in virtuoso or more experimental type stuff.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #489 on: July 30, 2015, 08:10:05 PM »

In your honest opinion do you see the fact that this had to be done in 1996, 2004, 2007, and now 2015 making it harder this time around to find the next man (or men...) up?

Quick follow up question, do you have a wish list of guitarists you'd like to see fill the void?

No, and no.

It's GN'R and Axl Rose. And while some of you think this as a bad thing, it's not necessarily true in the "real" world.... Smiley

/jarmo

Of course Axl can find 2 guys to replace DJ and BBF. All he has to do is watch YouTube or go to The Roxy to check out bands. The problem is those guys are gonna use Axl and GN?R to make themselves known to the world. Once they accomplish that they are gonna leave the band sooner or later and make their own albums and tours. This is the same patron we?ve seen since 1999. That?s unfair to both Axl and us

I've got a great idea to prevent that from happening (members leaving).
Write music.
Record music.
Release music.
Promote music.
Repeat.

Again, I can't say enough how highly in esteem I hold Axl's talent...which is why I check out message boards for this band and this band alone.

Call me weak, selfish, whatever.  I have had patience for a long time.  It's sad as hell.
To put the blame on ex-members alone seems fucked up to me.
Those who solely blame Axl for the pathetic lack of new music are also wrong.
They all have ownership in this goddamn travesty.

Sure, I respect Axl greatly for not wanting to release crap.
I've stood by the man believing this was the primary limiting factor...
but...
year after year of reports indicating otherwise makes it hard to defend Axl.
Don't ya think?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #490 on: July 30, 2015, 11:03:47 PM »

Is Robin busy?  Figure if he's still all over the next album and is still best friends with Richard he might be open to coming back.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #491 on: July 30, 2015, 11:13:30 PM »

Is Robin busy?  Figure if he's still all over the next album and is still best friends with Richard he might be open to coming back.

I would think he'd want the chance to showcase and promote his work, yes.

Of course, you could have said that last time.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #492 on: July 31, 2015, 02:45:58 AM »

I go by what I see.  I don't see much.  Is what it is.

Ironically that's how I see you....

You make a claim, I ask for some evidence to prove you're right. You can't present it and here we are again.

Yeah, you're right, same old.

The bottom line is, you don't know shit about GN'R's possible plans. You just assume a whole lot.
And your defense is "if you can't see it, it doesn't exist".

Doesn't require a lot of free thinking on your part. Which also happens to be the way you like it...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #493 on: July 31, 2015, 07:19:36 AM »

You make a claim, I ask for some evidence to prove you're right. You can't present it and here we are again.

But I never made the claim.  Do you honestly not see that?

The things you claim I've said, have never been said.  Not in 3 years, not one time.  It's not a real thing, Jarmo.  Not a real world thing.

We spend an inordinate amount of time discussing something that has never happened.  Its long past silly now.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #494 on: July 31, 2015, 08:01:39 AM »

what we know is Axl has a lot of material up his sleeve
what we know is two guitarists left the band, as others before
what we know is the band toured almost non stop since 2009
what we know is the next LP is the next priority

Ron & DJ departures are touring problems, not studio ones.
music is already done and they're probably not on the record.
so I don't see any major problem to release it at the end of the year or next year

depends how Axl wants to distill the material he has accumulated over the years, until a well deserved retirement

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #495 on: July 31, 2015, 08:03:55 AM »

The bottom line is, you don't know shit about GN'R's possible plans. You just assume a whole lot.
And your defense is "if you can't see it, it doesn't exist".

That is correct.

But its never me claiming inside knowledge.  Has yet to occur, even once.  Its simply me expressing an opinion on the situation.

Now, its an opinion you don't like, clearly.  Oh well.  If it makes you mad, you're just going to have to get glad again.  I don't know what else to tell you.

I am not now, nor ever will be, under any obligation to take a year like the one we are in right now and assume things are working furiously behind the scenes.  You see value in maintaining that premise, it appears.  I do not share that unwarranted call to duty, and I never will.

Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #496 on: July 31, 2015, 08:12:37 AM »

what we know is Axl has a lot of material up his sleeve
what we know is two guitarists left the band, as others before
what we know is the band toured almost non stop since 2009
what we know is the next LP is the next priority

Ron & DJ departures are touring problems, not studio ones.
music is already done and they're probably not on the record.
so I don't see any major problem to release it at the end of the year or next year

depends how Axl wants to distill the material he has accumulated over the years, until a well deserved retirement

Paul Tobias, Buckethead and Brain were on CD as former members. So I think that BBF und DJ are on CD II too.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #497 on: July 31, 2015, 10:03:45 AM »

Eddie Trunk's take on the situation:

http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=658&pid=525885

Starts around the 2 min mark.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #498 on: July 31, 2015, 10:19:17 AM »

So, I think Eddie makes a good point about a reunion. Dj and Bumble leaving now is not a sign of the classic line-up coming back. If something like that were to happen, I think all of the new band will get the word at the same time, and will be dismissed.

I do think it opens up for maybe one of those guys to come back, were Duff is the most likely one. However, since Tommy isn't one of the ones who've left, that minimizes that as well. Duff could play rhythm guitar, but I think it's unlikely that would happen. If Duff were to come back someday, it would have to be for the bass spot in my opinion.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #499 on: July 31, 2015, 10:22:45 AM »

So, I think Eddie makes a good point about a reunion. Dj and Bumble leaving now is not a sign of the classic line-up coming back. If something like that were to happen, I think all of the new band will get the word at the same time, and will be dismissed.

I do think it opens up for maybe one of those guys to come back, were Duff is the most likely one. However, since Tommy isn't one of the ones who've left, that minimizes that as well. Duff could play rhythm guitar, but I think it's unlikely that would happen. If Duff were to come back someday, it would have to be for the bass spot in my opinion.

Tommy could also play rhythm, I think.

Honestly, I think they'll have to carry Tommy out....he's not leaving unless they do (head first, or feet first).  But we'll see.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: