Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:47:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ's Letter
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ's Letter  (Read 141121 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #220 on: July 28, 2015, 12:21:11 AM »

Looking forward to see what's next with GNR, exciting times.

People are leaving the group. Not sure I would describe these times as "exciting"...

Things are getting increasingly uncertain if you ask me, no word from the band on anything.

Agreed.

Only a delusional would call it "exciting times" ....

Until something is announced from Axl himself (and then we actually see it) would i call it "exciting"... but thats the nature of the nut jobs on this forum i suppose.

I think the Nut Jobs are the ones that think their complaining and woe is me attitude makes a difference, that is truly delusionally toxic and that would be you.   Kiss

It is what it is, why whine and bellyache? GNR existed before Ashba and will exist after him.

Roll on 2016!

Firstly... where have i complained? Show me.... i am dying to know.

Secondly.... where did i say, insinuate or otherwise that anything i say on this forum is supposed to make a difference?  Tongue Back to making things up again i see!

At the end of the day lovey.. .its a forum... you think a band losing 2 guitarists within months of each other is exciting. You think a band that hasnt released a single statement on either of them is exciting?

Try to explain what's so exciting. I'm dying to know that too. I must have missed it in the past 10 months since nothing has happened that any of us can get excited about.

Do tell  confused

Haha, you try much too hard.

Your overt negativity and unsolicited amateur advice are easy to find- here is one asking if it is "still a band" and ridiculous suggestions to "man up" etc.  hihi

"Apparently this is still a band?  Huh
If Axl wants to do anything truly great and meaningful with whats left of his career.... hes got one play... mend fences and get the originals back together and do one last album and tour it.
The thing is.. when axl first went missing.. he was in his late 20s... he had time up his sleeve to piss away a few years.. hes 53 now??? He cant afford to be pissing away years now.. he's running out of time if he wants to deliver great performances.
Maybe a reunion isnt as hard now as it seems.. Adler would jump at it and forgive Axl in a heart beat. Duff is on good terms with him now anyway... Izzy too? The final hurdle as always is getting Slash and Axl to sort there stuff out.
All the little signs have pointed towards this where its heading...
Personally.. im not interested in new players coming in.. im not interested in anyone coming in from guns 2.0... 3.0 ... etc etc
Time for Axl to man up now.. and sort his personal issues out or else its never gonna happen."

~here's some passive-aggressive complaining you did yesterday

"Havent you heard... You need to go on and live your life. Axl will go on living his.. and if he decides he wants to be an artist and release something, we should all be over-joyed and do cartwheels. Until then.. you need to sit down.. stop making perfect sense, never question anything and worship all things GnR. Otherwise you arent a fan. "

Honestly think you suffer from delusions of Grandeur, run along and look that up.

Best wishes to Ashba, can't honestly say I will be following his career.

It's called having an opinion... you know... a bit like yours... except the opposite.. without the strops and without the stamping and stomping like a 2 year old when someone doesnt agree.  Wink

Passive-aggresive complaining??? I think the word you are looking for is sarcasm.

Anyway... you did fail to explain what we are all supposed to be excited about? Im dying to know.  hihi

No, It's clearly passive-aggressive shots you are taking.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter of GNR and not falling into your trap of toxic negativity about things I have no control over.

You keep stating you are "dying" to know, drama queen much?

What is so exciting about the current predicament that GnR is in?

How is it "exciting times"?

What's so exciting?

Toxic negativity....  rofl do you actually believe the stuff you post on here? Are you on some sort of upper medication? I am trying to understand how its so exciting right now? The band has lost 2 guitarists in months.. not a single statement made from the band tio suggest that ANYTHING is in the works going forward. No tours announced... No new music announced... nothing.. squat... 

what am i missing Emily? Do tell... no-one seems to be excited except you.

You sound as if you have some serious psychological issues,
Nothing has been announced yet, but that doesn't mean there never will.

When emotionally healthy and intelligent people feel good about something, they won?t let anyone?s opinions or snide remarks take that away from them.

I don't think you are able, at present,  of being capable of conversing on a healthy level. I suggest you find someone else to share your miraculous insight and fascinating ideas with.

Maybe you could read up on toxic negativity if you are unsure it exists  nervous
Anyone who criticizes the failures of others, or seems overly cynical might have a toxic personality, I choose to avoid such people.

We clearly play on different teams.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:35:43 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #221 on: July 28, 2015, 12:25:05 AM »

Thanks for failing to answer the question for a 4th time on what's so exciting about the current predicament that GNR finds itself in.

Keep waving those pom poms. Maybe... just maybe... it will get you somewhere one day.

Good luck.  rofl
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2015, 12:33:43 AM »

Thanks for failing to answer the question for a 4th time on what's so exciting about the current predicament that GNR finds itself in.

Keep waving those pom poms. Maybe... just maybe... it will get you somewhere one day.

Good luck.  rofl

I explained everything rather succinctly, including why I think you may be better suited in conversing with others of your genre, or mindset.

How odd that you associate expressing one's honest opinion with "getting you somewhere". Very strange  nervous

I tend to embrace change, all change is not negative-although most people are creatures of habit and dislike the unfamiliar.

GNR existed before Ashba, why is it so unthinkable to think of a post-Ashba band?

Get well soon  rofl

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2015, 12:45:42 AM »

Good luck.  rofl

I explained everything rather succinctly, including why I think you may be better suited in conversing with others of your genre, or mindset.

How odd that you associate expressing one's honest opinion with "getting you somewhere". Very strange  nervous

I tend to embrace change, all change is not negative-although most people are creatures of habit and dislike the unfamiliar.

GNR existed before Ashba, why is it so unthinkable to think of a post-Ashba band?

Get well soon  rofl

It's not unthinkable in a normal scenario. Ashba announcing he is done comes on top of all the other issues that everyone else raises around here, the ones that you refuse to acknowledge exist.

If i didn't embrace change i would have given up on GNR around 1993-95

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #224 on: July 28, 2015, 12:55:09 AM »

Good luck.  rofl

Get well soon  rofl

It's not unthinkable in a normal scenario. Ashba announcing he is done comes on top of all the other issues that everyone else raises around here, the ones that you refuse to acknowledge exist.

Dealing with my chronic lifelong osteo issues plays a part in my mindset, I have simply learned not to focus on the negative- So I am looking forward to the next GNR chapter.

It is quite within everyone's right to choice to support whatever they choose, if you are dissatisfied there are always other bands you can follow that may more closely conform to your ideal.

I'm GNR for life though  beer

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #225 on: July 28, 2015, 01:20:05 AM »

Good luck.  rofl

Get well soon  rofl

Dealing with my chronic lifelong osteo issues plays a part in my mindset, I have simply learned not to focus on the negative- So I am looking forward to the next GNR chapter.

It is quite within everyone's right to choice to support whatever they choose, if you are dissatisfied there are always other bands you can follow that may more closely conform to your ideal.

Well thanks for sharing the reason for your extremism.

Very honest of you.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #226 on: July 28, 2015, 01:54:51 AM »

Good luck.  rofl

Get well soon  rofl

Well thanks for sharing the reason for your extremism.

Very honest of you.

That is simply a label- you label me as extremist and I label you as toxically negative, all it honestly boils down to is we have opposing opinions, and ways of looking at things.

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.
Jung

"Shut the fuck up."
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #227 on: July 28, 2015, 02:07:22 AM »

Well I think the other thread about Dj making Sixx AM a priority should be closed, and seriously enough of this back and forth, not interested in the pissing contest , tired of reading through the BS.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Tongue-like-a-razor
Headliner

A sweet switch-blade knife...

« Reply #228 on: July 28, 2015, 02:15:30 AM »

I guess it's time to dust off the old "Where's Izzy?" sign - and we all know there has to be at least one top hatted guitarist in the band also...

And I'm also sickened by these idiotic off topic rants.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #229 on: July 28, 2015, 04:11:38 AM »

Axl gave him the opportunity to really shine in the live setting. His Chinese entrance against the GN'R backdrop was always one of my show highlights. We've had the most consistent 6 years and I've grown very fond of this line up.
I think it's silly to compare this to the Gilby Clarke situation. Axl taking DJ on the Metal Show interview was not a small gesture. I'm sure he hoped he'd found a creative partner- and I thought he had.

Sad times for CURRENT GN'R fans. I am kinda of the opinion now that the future lies in the past. Appetite Era!

But people talking about Slash coming on board and playing CD songs with pitman etc are living in a fantasy land. I think Slash would insist on the 5 piece.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:38:10 AM by reayj2003 » Logged
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #230 on: July 28, 2015, 04:21:41 AM »

Will Axl Rose respond with a nice letter thanking Dj for his time, or will the camp completely ignore this development and continue the updates on fan tattoos and song lyrics from the classic era?
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #231 on: July 28, 2015, 05:48:28 AM »

What "band"?  This is not a band.

Isn't it time to finally give up that ghost?

Now you both sound scared... and scary.

I can picture you walking around your room, with a chicken bucket on your head and repeating to yourself over and over again like a mantra "this is not a band, not a band"  confused
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #232 on: July 28, 2015, 05:55:26 AM »

And THAT is the classy, professional, and RIGHT way to depart. Smiley

I wish DJ all the luck in the world.

Edit: A link to the letter on his official site:
http://www.djashba.com/

Well said  Cool

I wonder what will happen now
mortismurphy
« Reply #233 on: July 28, 2015, 06:24:16 AM »

The excitement levels here are proof you can spin absolutely anything. Of course it is so exciting losing guitarists. Hopefully the drummer and bassist will also leave making gnr that much more exciting again.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #234 on: July 28, 2015, 07:58:44 AM »

Well that sucks. However respect to DJ for being a class act in how he left. It doesn't bode well for the bands future as a touring act however. The most recent lineup has been my favorite since the AFD era mind you so maybe I'm biased.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #235 on: July 28, 2015, 08:04:03 AM »

Well I took the wrong day to be off the forum.  Look at that.  DJ?s out.  What?s funny is that a few of us already got to that conclusion on the other DJ thread last week?you know, when he said his other band is his main priority and he?s about to embark on a multi-album, two year world tour.  We were scolded for our unsolicited, amateur advice (not to mention our toxic negativity).  In the end, I think DJ, like many guitarists before him, wanted his role to be more than what Axl wanted.

Chalk one up for the rational, objective fan.  Now, it?s reunion or bust.  Reshuffling the deck this late in the game won?t work.  People barely took the time to know who was in the current lineup.  You think people are going to get excited about the 6th generation guitar player???
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #236 on: July 28, 2015, 08:09:25 AM »

It's better that he puts this out there where there's no interviewers asking annoying questions about new GNR music or what's going on with GNR and can be free to talk about what he's working on. Are people always going to ask him about Axl? You bet.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #237 on: July 28, 2015, 08:29:38 AM »

What "band"?  This is not a band.

Isn't it time to finally give up that ghost?

Now you both sound scared... and scary.

I can picture you walking around your room, with a chicken bucket on your head and repeating to yourself over and over again like a mantra "this is not a band, not a band"  confused

Be...cause.....I'm a Buckethead superfan?  I don't get the reference.

I say its not a band because its not.  This operation is completely dysfuntional on every possible level, up to and including people in the organization rarely even speaking to one another.

Look, if you want to have that conversation, I'll have it.  But if this debate were a game of poker, I've been dealt a full house and you have 5 unmatched cards.

Bit of an uphill climb situation, for you.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #238 on: July 28, 2015, 08:31:17 AM »

After a good night's sleep and some big time reflection (no not really haha)...

Not trying to pick a fight ... none of you guys should with these people...but for anybody to say this is exciting...is just not playing with a full deck...

This is a bad time if you are GNR fan... no way around it... and I don't have ANY attachment to either DJ or Ron...

If Axl releases a record next week, or announces some kind of new/old lineup...sure nobody will care about this ...but until then...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #239 on: July 28, 2015, 08:55:11 AM »

good luck with that happening!  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: