Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:44:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ's Letter
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ's Letter  (Read 140879 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2015, 09:37:37 PM »

In a reunion, Slash won?t play songs from CD era, and IMO Axl won?t throw away 20 years of work just to get Slash back to play the same songs they used to play in the past. So, I think or we will see Robin/Bucket back or new guys to tour when the next album drops up. Because of course, do another tour after all this mess will be just stupid, but... this is axl?s guns n roses, so, meh

He's building residences around 25 year old albums.

And even before these latest defections, they were playing fewer and fewer "new" songs.

Things brought out of mothballs like 'Civil War' and 'Yesterdays'.  Not 'If The World'.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2015, 09:50:18 PM »

GNR will continue but the unreleased CD material might be buried now, just as the mid-90s unreleased recordings with Slash got buried.  I recall Axl saying something along the lines that the recordings with Slash couldn't be continued because he didn't know anyone else who could play like Slash.  Maybe the same logic has applied with the CD stuff; my guess is that it become too difficult getting a final product done without both Buckethead and Finck, as they were the guys who were central to initially creating those songs.  

I largely agree with this.

But those guys have been gone for YEARS.  So what, exactly, has he been doing this past however many years?  Jerking off?

If what you are saying is true, and I think it has some basis, that shit was never coming out anyway.  And all the bullshit we have heard for the past few years has been just that : bullshit.  Looks that evil bastard Ron was pretty on point, no?

At least now we can stop playing pretend, I suppose.

Maybe.  Another possibility would be that's he's been working hard all these years to complete those recordings with DJ's or Ron's input, but has had a difficult time reaching a finishing point that he's content with, not having BH/Finck there to help him complete what they started. 

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2015, 09:51:10 PM »

In a reunion, Slash won?t play songs from CD era, and IMO Axl won?t throw away 20 years of work just to get Slash back to play the same songs they used to play in the past. So, I think or we will see Robin/Bucket back or new guys to tour when the next album drops up. Because of course, do another tour after all this mess will be just stupid, but... this is axl?s guns n roses, so, meh

He's building residences around 25 year old albums.

And even before these latest defections, they were playing fewer and fewer "new" songs.

Things brought out of mothballs like 'Civil War' and 'Yesterdays'.  Not 'If The World'.

To be fair, they played TWAT and Prostiture at the last residency.

Looking forward to see what's next with GNR, exciting times.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: July 27, 2015, 10:05:01 PM »

GNR will continue but the unreleased CD material might be buried now, just as the mid-90s unreleased recordings with Slash got buried.  I recall Axl saying something along the lines that the recordings with Slash couldn't be continued because he didn't know anyone else who could play like Slash.  Maybe the same logic has applied with the CD stuff; my guess is that it become too difficult getting a final product done without both Buckethead and Finck, as they were the guys who were central to initially creating those songs.  

I dont get it.
The new album is cancelled because Axl cant find anybody who plays like Ashba, who most likely didnt play on the new album.?

For me this sounds like the perfect time to wrap up the new album and start the next chapter.

Sorry, I could have been clearer on that.  I think completion of the new album may be frustrated by the difficulty of synching contributions from DJ and/or Ron with the primary guitarists on the album (BH and Finck).  Though Ashba most likely didn't play on the new album, it certainly seemed when he was hired that he was brought in for creative input.  That would suggest that there was still work to be done on the guitar work for the new album; Ashba leaving now perhaps suggests that Axl ultimately felt he was not the one to complete that work; Ashba read the writing on the wall and so he cut loose.   In my opinion.  
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #204 on: July 27, 2015, 10:06:56 PM »

People are leaving the group. Not sure I would describe these times as "exciting"...

Things are getting increasingly uncertain if you ask me, no word from the band on anything.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #205 on: July 27, 2015, 10:11:20 PM »

People are leaving the group. Not sure I would describe these times as "exciting"...

Things are getting increasingly uncertain if you ask me, no word from the band on anything.

Agreed.

Only a delusional would call it "exciting times" ....

Until something is announced from Axl himself (and then we actually see it) would i call it "exciting"... but thats the nature of the nut jobs on this forum i suppose.

dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2015, 10:22:20 PM »

You think Axl will continue?

Yes.

/jarmo

Seriously? Do you think GNR will continue or more likely big changes such as Axl & a smaller band with a different name? I can't see this band taking 2 more onboard at this stage of his life who are dying to join a band who are singing songs from the late 80s still.  Sad

Axl could perform with other artists & tour with them, he was great with Free Falling, Come Together, Elton John &/or others for the Freddie concert.
If he went this way I'd be happy but not as happy as I was with GNR, without new music & band members leaving (if Ron has gone) it will be difficult to re-train guitarists who will be stuck in the same rut that the leaving members were in.

At 53 & a big name around the world he's surely going to find it hard to find young people in their 20s who want to begin their rock 'n roll life in a band that's stale. Unless Duff came back & Ron stays after all.

I don't know  no
I just hope we get some action before the fans who haven't given up hope walk away.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2015, 10:30:07 PM »

If they wanted him back and if Robin wanted to comeback, it could work. Axl said right after Robin left, that his parts on the next were already done .... You can say Robin choose to leave, but he also chose to leave NIN before, and to my knowledge there is no touring by NIN. Again this is just a huge hypothetical, it'll be interesting to see if there is an official announcement from the band.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2015, 10:57:12 PM »

I personally can't see Buckethead or Robin returning, after all they left under similar circumstances as DJ... long periods of time with little activity (42 shows in 2 years followed by a full year off for DJ) and no new material to show for their work with other projects to focus on. They are now watching the same thing happen again... talk about the definition of insanity (especially if Robin does it for a third time).

I see it going 2 ways:

1. (most likely) Axl starts (or maybe has already been) looking for another upstart virtuoso like lead guitar player, and/or a relatively unknown journeyman guitar player songwriter to fill those fairly defined bucket/bumble robin/dj roles

2. The pipe dream for some... Slash. If that happens, I don't see GnR continuing as a 3 guitar band (that would depend though on how much of the CD catalog continues to be played live or if they can fill some of that live via Dizzy and Pittman)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2015, 11:04:48 PM »

I dont get it.
The new album is cancelled because Axl cant find anybody who plays like Ashba, who most likely didnt play on the new album.?

For me this sounds like the perfect time to wrap up the new album and start the next chapter.

Sorry, I could have been clearer on that.  I think completion of the new album may be frustrated by the difficulty of synching contributions from DJ and/or Ron with the primary guitarists on the album (BH and Finck).  Though Ashba most likely didn't play on the new album, it certainly seemed when he was hired that he was brought in for creative input.  That would suggest that there was still work to be done on the guitar work for the new album; Ashba leaving now perhaps suggests that Axl ultimately felt he was not the one to complete that work; Ashba read the writing on the wall and so he cut loose.   In my opinion.  

I see.
They still released Chinese Democracy in 2008 after main contributors like Robin, Tobias and Bucket left. So i still dont see a problem
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 11:15:29 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2015, 11:12:19 PM »

The thing you have to remember is, these guys are being paid. I'm not saying their only in it for the money, but money is a big factor, otherwise why do it. I mean Axl is well super well off, but again most of us never heard of guys like Fortus, Bumblefoot, or DJ before GNR. Or at least I haven't. So when there are periods of inactivity, these guys need to work. Again, Im not saying its all about money, but if Robin or Bucket got offered X amount, they'd probably consider it. So would Slash if he was an option.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #211 on: July 27, 2015, 11:28:24 PM »

Agreed.

Until something is announced from Axl himself (and then we actually see it) would i call it "exciting"... but thats the nature of the nut jobs on this forum i suppose.

I think the Nut Jobs are the ones that think their complaining and woe is me attitude makes a difference, that is truly delusionally toxic and that would be you.   Kiss

It is what it is, why whine and bellyache? GNR existed before Ashba and will exist after him.

Roll on 2016!

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #212 on: July 27, 2015, 11:33:44 PM »

So you don't think they are aware?  hihi

Change is an inevitable part of life, you can embrace it or hate it.

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #213 on: July 27, 2015, 11:41:10 PM »

Agreed.

I think the Nut Jobs are the ones that think their complaining and woe is me attitude makes a difference, that is truly delusionally toxic and that would be you.   Kiss

It is what it is, why whine and bellyache? GNR existed before Ashba and will exist after him.

Roll on 2016!

Firstly... where have i complained? Show me.... i am dying to know.

Secondly.... where did i say, insinuate or otherwise that anything i say on this forum is supposed to make a difference?  Tongue Back to making things up again i see!

At the end of the day lovey.. .its a forum... you think a band losing 2 guitarists within months of each other is exciting. You think a band that hasnt released a single statement on either of them is exciting?

Try to explain what's so exciting. I'm dying to know that too. I must have missed it in the past 10 months since nothing has happened that any of us can get excited about.

Do tell  confused

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #214 on: July 27, 2015, 11:55:32 PM »

Agreed.

Roll on 2016!

Secondly.... where did i say, insinuate or otherwise that anything i say on this forum is supposed to make a difference?  Tongue Back to making things up again i see!

At the end of the day lovey.. .its a forum... you think a band losing 2 guitarists within months of each other is exciting. You think a band that hasnt released a single statement on either of them is exciting?

Try to explain what's so exciting. I'm dying to know that too. I must have missed it in the past 10 months since nothing has happened that any of us can get excited about.

Do tell  confused

Haha, you try much too hard.

Your overt negativity and unsolicited amateur advice are easy to find- here is one asking if it is "still a band" and ridiculous suggestions to "man up" etc.  hihi

"Apparently this is still a band?  Huh
If Axl wants to do anything truly great and meaningful with whats left of his career.... hes got one play... mend fences and get the originals back together and do one last album and tour it.
The thing is.. when axl first went missing.. he was in his late 20s... he had time up his sleeve to piss away a few years.. hes 53 now??? He cant afford to be pissing away years now.. he's running out of time if he wants to deliver great performances.
Maybe a reunion isnt as hard now as it seems.. Adler would jump at it and forgive Axl in a heart beat. Duff is on good terms with him now anyway... Izzy too? The final hurdle as always is getting Slash and Axl to sort there stuff out.
All the little signs have pointed towards this where its heading...
Personally.. im not interested in new players coming in.. im not interested in anyone coming in from guns 2.0... 3.0 ... etc etc
Time for Axl to man up now.. and sort his personal issues out or else its never gonna happen."

~here's some passive-aggressive complaining you did yesterday

"Havent you heard... You need to go on and live your life. Axl will go on living his.. and if he decides he wants to be an artist and release something, we should all be over-joyed and do cartwheels. Until then.. you need to sit down.. stop making perfect sense, never question anything and worship all things GnR. Otherwise you arent a fan. "

Honestly think you suffer from delusions of Grandeur, run along and look that up.

Here are some shots you took at current mgmt-not cool at all.

"Not only swallowing pride... But Does Axl really have the balls to tell the beta and co "I am doing this... and this is the way its going to be" Huh That's the big part. Because if the beta says.. No Axl... its not happening.. then at this stage... based on history.. its not happening.
On another point... will i be abused for stating that Axl or TB should be making some sort of public statement about what their intentions are??? Or does Axl still owe us nothing?  Cheesy
I think ill have to go on living my life... and all that..  ok"

Best wishes to Ashba, can't honestly say I will be following his career.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:02:28 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #215 on: July 28, 2015, 12:00:23 AM »

Agreed.

Roll on 2016!

Do tell  confused

Your overt negativity and unsolicited amateur advice are easy to find- here is one asking if it is "still a band" and ridiculous suggestions to "man up" etc.  hihi

If Axl wants to do anything truly great and meaningful with whats left of his career.... hes got one play... mend fences and get the originals back together and do one last album and tour it.
The thing is.. when axl first went missing.. he was in his late 20s... he had time up his sleeve to piss away a few years.. hes 53 now??? He cant afford to be pissing away years now.. he's running out of time if he wants to deliver great performances.
Maybe a reunion isnt as hard now as it seems.. Adler would jump at it and forgive Axl in a heart beat. Duff is on good terms with him now anyway... Izzy too? The final hurdle as always is getting Slash and Axl to sort there stuff out.
Personally.. im not interested in new players coming in.. im not interested in anyone coming in from guns 2.0... 3.0 ... etc etc
Time for Axl to man up now.. and sort his personal issues out or else its never gonna happen."

"Havent you heard... You need to go on and live your life. Axl will go on living his.. and if he decides he wants to be an artist and release something, we should all be over-joyed and do cartwheels. Until then.. you need to sit down.. stop making perfect sense, never question anything and worship all things GnR. Otherwise you arent a fan. "

Honestly think you suffer from delusions of Grandeur, run along and look that up.

It's called having an opinion... you know... a bit like yours... except the opposite.. without the strops and without the stamping and stomping like a 2 year old when someone doesnt agree.  Wink

Passive-aggresive complaining??? I think the word you are looking for is sarcasm.

Anyway... you did fail to explain what we are all supposed to be excited about? Im dying to know.  hihi
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2015, 12:02:49 AM »

Excuse me for inerrupting the blossoming fight that's about to erupt.

I don't think Axl has to come out and give his five point plan for the direction of GNR, though that would be nice. But it would be classy if he "responded" to DJ's letter by thanking him for his time in the band and wishing him well.

Not completely shocked by the news, but I kind of expected that DJ may keep GNR on the back burner. Who knows what happens in two years. But this would seemingly end his time in GNR for good. So does he know that Axl has other plans? No plans? Or does he just want to focus on the band that he started? I imagine it's a combination of those things and more. I don't think this spells the end for Axl, at least I hope not. But I'm not sure what the next step is. Robin coming back would seem to make sense, but they'd need someone to play the Bucket/Ron parts.

I'd love a reunion, but I just can't see that happening at this time. SOME progress in that area has been made it would seem, but there's still a LONG way to go.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2015, 12:05:59 AM »

Agreed.

Roll on 2016!

Do tell  confused

It's called having an opinion... you know... a bit like yours... except the opposite.. without the strops and without the stamping and stomping like a 2 year old when someone doesnt agree.  Wink

Passive-aggresive complaining??? I think the word you are looking for is sarcasm.

Anyway... you did fail to explain what we are all supposed to be excited about? Im dying to know.  hihi

No, It's clearly passive-aggressive shots you are taking.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter of GNR and not falling into your trap of toxic negativity about things I have no control over.

You keep stating you are "dying" to know, drama queen much?

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #218 on: July 28, 2015, 12:11:16 AM »

Agreed.

Roll on 2016!

Do tell  confused

No, It's clearly passive-aggressive shots you are taking.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter of GNR and not falling into your trap of toxic negativity about things I have no control over.

You keep stating you are "dying" to know, drama queen much?

What is so exciting about the current predicament that GnR is in?

How is it "exciting times"?

What's so exciting?

Toxic negativity....  rofl do you actually believe the stuff you post on here? Are you on some sort of upper medication? I am trying to understand how its so exciting right now? The band has lost 2 guitarists in months.. not a single statement made from the band tio suggest that ANYTHING is in the works going forward. No tours announced... No new music announced... nothing.. squat... 

what am i missing Emily? Do tell... no-one seems to be excited except you.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #219 on: July 28, 2015, 12:11:22 AM »

Excuse me for inerrupting the blossoming fight that's about to erupt.

I don't think Axl has to come out and give his five point plan for the direction of GNR, though that would be nice. But it would be classy if he "responded" to DJ's letter by thanking him for his time in the band and wishing him well.

Not completely shocked by the news, but I kind of expected that DJ may keep GNR on the back burner. Who knows what happens in two years. But this would seemingly end his time in GNR for good. So does he know that Axl has other plans? No plans? Or does he just want to focus on the band that he started? I imagine it's a combination of those things and more. I don't think this spells the end for Axl, at least I hope not. But I'm not sure what the next step is. Robin coming back would seem to make sense, but they'd need someone to play the Bucket/Ron parts.

I'd love a reunion, but I just can't see that happening at this time. SOME progress in that area has been made it would seem, but there's still a LONG way to go.

No worries faldor, I'm not interested in arguing with a troll.
You make some good points-

Do you see GNR sticking to a 3-guitar attack, or simply revert back to a lead and rhythm player like in AFD days? I can certainly see where a "stunt" player with the capabilities of Bucket or Ron would be needed for certain songs , but didn't Fortus and Finck have this worked out before pre-Ron?

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: