Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:11:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ's Letter
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ's Letter  (Read 140851 times)
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2015, 07:11:12 PM »

Maybe he knows the next release will be CD2, featuring Robin/Bucket/Brain.

Instead of touring that album next year, he chose Sixx:am.

Of course this news means that Chinese Democracy 2 is imminent.
If you interpret this any other way, you are obviously an idiot!!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2015, 07:12:33 PM »

Yeah but if and when that album ever comes out ... DJ has known that would come next from the get go.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2015, 07:13:16 PM »

Of course this news means that Chinese Democracy 2 is imminent.
If you interpret this any other way, you are obviously an idiot!!

Not imminent necessarily... but next up.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2015, 07:13:49 PM »

I also just really think a big takeaway from this should be ...

Why make a definitive break unless DJ knows a) there's no chance of
New music or b ) Axl has plans with former band mates

I would have to lean towards A.

I don't think this is DJ seeing Axl having other plans, but more concern that he's just never going to get it together.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2015, 07:14:38 PM »

Yeah but if and when that album ever comes out ... DJ has known that would come next from the get go.

Absolutely.  He was in this for the album after next.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2015, 07:18:07 PM »

Not sure about that. He sent demo's to Axl remember. Seems like the guy was under the impression that they would produce music together.

Even if he knew a couple of years ago, Sixx:AM wasn't a viable alternative as a full time job. Nikki was also still looking at it as a side project. Now, that has changed and Dj might have had to choose between Sixx:AM and touring CD2 next year.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Route66
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2015, 07:23:34 PM »

reunion?  Grin

I see..
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2015, 07:54:19 PM »

so basically DJ was a touring member like Gilby

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2015, 07:56:07 PM »

Axl's own appeance in 2002 was just as much a freak show as Bucket. Long braids, jerseys.....it was a weird time but in the end, we got some pretty killer music out of it, and I think we are on the cusp of getting more of the same. ok

True.  And weird sounding vocals.

That whole line-up was probably too much, too fast in terms of Axl's look, Bucket's look, Robin's look.

Oddly this is my favorite line up ever

I think the mix and timing of having both Robin and Bucket in the band is something that will never be seen again.

When Slash was in the band, Axl was trying to bring in other guitar players, players that would bring the most out of Slash.  Players that would push slash and bring balance.   Zach Wylde, etc...    But it never worked.

Robin was the new guy, left..  Then had a bucket in his place when he came back.   They pushed each other and musically fed off of each other.    

If we ever see either of those two again, we will be extremely lucky.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2015, 07:57:42 PM »

They are all touring members...   Like Gilby

Axl is there employer.

There is no partnership between Axl and any current travelling band member..

Its not a bad thing, its just a thing
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2015, 08:24:04 PM »

Axl's own appeance in 2002 was just as much a freak show as Bucket. Long braids, jerseys.....it was a weird time but in the end, we got some pretty killer music out of it, and I think we are on the cusp of getting more of the same. ok

True.  And weird sounding vocals.

That whole line-up was probably too much, too fast in terms of Axl's look, Bucket's look, Robin's look.

Oddly this is my favorite line up ever

I think the mix and timing of having both Robin and Bucket in the band is something that will never be seen again.

When Slash was in the band, Axl was trying to bring in other guitar players, players that would bring the most out of Slash.  Players that would push slash and bring balance.   Zach Wylde, etc...    But it never worked.

Robin was the new guy, left..  Then had a bucket in his place when he came back.   They pushed each other and musically fed off of each other.    

If we ever see either of those two again, we will be extremely lucky.

I agree. Plus they have an amazing stage presence. I would say the big difference between 02 and 06, was Axl was in great form.

richbc
Opening Act

« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2015, 08:53:40 PM »

I have seen GnR live in every form, many times over. The version I always prefer is the one that brings Axl live before my very eyes and ears. I'll accept the next iteration, provided it ever happens...

BTW, I always liked DJ. I am sure anyone who has met him would agree.
Evita
Rocker

Yes, it's me!

« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2015, 09:02:41 PM »

Very proud of Dj for announcing the news the way he did.  Classy!  I'm grateful for GNR that have brought this great artist to my knowledge and the knowledge of some many others.  I am sad of course he is leaving, but I think it is for the best.  I will always regret not hearing what could have been done musically between Axl and him.  But I'll always be grateful to him for helping to keep the music alive during those last 6 years. 

Guns N' Roses - W. Axl Rose
You can visit www.gnrwar.com
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2015, 09:06:01 PM »

First off, I think DJ was and is a class act for his letter. He told the fans what was going on and did not trash Axl in the process. It was very well written.

Now to the present and future. Isn't it ironic that one of the most famous lines in a GNR song applies to the situation as in: Where we go now??

Axl is at the cross roads in his career and life. He can either get the classic lineup back or still choose to go down a path that has not worked at all. I hope that he swallows his pride  as well as Slash. Sit down over a couple of beers and hash things out. Both had the chemistry. Both still can have it. It's just IF they want to.

Like someone else said in this thread, Axl is getting up there in age. Does he have the energy to put another lineup together? Will he have the chemistry? Additionally, he has to think about money since you never know what can happen in life even for a guy like Axl who has plenty of it.

As a fan, I'm getting "lineup fatigue" with all these changes.  I would like to see the classic lineup back together, which was the greatest GNR lineup and rock band put together.  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:07:57 PM by draguns » Logged
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2015, 09:09:52 PM »

First off, I think DJ was and is a class act for his letter. He told the fans what was going on and did not trash Axl in the process. It was very well written.

Now to the present and future. Isn't it ironic that one of the most famous lines in a GNR song applies to the situation as in: Where we go now??

Axl is at the cross roads in his career and life....
Let's be honest.
Axl was at the cross roads in his career and life a long time ago.
I would say he chose the wrong road.
The last 20 years have been quite the struggle for him.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2015, 09:10:39 PM »

If Axl and Slash ever did anything together again, I can't see it being anything other than a tour.  There's no way Axl and Slash could come up with another record, not the way Axl works.  That being said, throw chemistry out the window...its irrelevant.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #196 on: July 27, 2015, 09:11:57 PM »

DJ posted these "words to live by" before he resigned....

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2015, 09:16:03 PM »

In a reunion, Slash won?t play songs from CD era, and IMO Axl won?t throw away 20 years of work just to get Slash back to play the same songs they used to play in the past. So, I think or we will see Robin/Bucket back or new guys to tour when the next album drops up. Because of course, do another tour after all this mess will be just stupid, but... this is axl?s guns n roses, so, meh

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2015, 09:33:02 PM »

In a reunion, Slash won?t play songs from CD era, and IMO Axl won?t throw away 20 years of work just to get Slash back to play the same songs they used to play in the past. So, I think or we will see Robin/Bucket back or new guys to tour when the next album drops up. Because of course, do another tour after all this mess will be just stupid, but... this is axl?s guns n roses, so, meh
Good point... But nothing is certain...Gives credence to an early "rumor" that GN'R members and crew were given clearance to pursue other interests...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2015, 09:33:45 PM »

Pretty much.  

This has been nothing but a touring band since 2009.  Its not the guys on stage since then ever had any creative output.

If he does replace DJ and Ron with 2 randos, it will be the same thing.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: