Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:15:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"  (Read 68222 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #240 on: July 24, 2015, 01:56:21 AM »

For me personally I was very happy with everything that 2008 brought, but having the 'three albums full of material' dangled in front of us wears on you when it never comes... which is why most of my post was not to contradict what you are saying but directed at Emily who thinks that no one should share their opinion if it questions Axl or his team.

Oh no, I'm with almost all of what you are saying.

I think any objective analysis has to at least question how "three albums of material" and "36 songs" (both things that we were told) has lead to one album, 7 years ago.  And who the hell knows what now.

And to say "hey, what's going on here?" is not to insult the band, claim to be a label exec or tour manager or any of that noise.

Its just asking doesn't this seem...off, to anyone else?

It seems totally off to me, which is why I laugh at people like Emily who feel like they need to 'Defend the Wall' every time everyone says something that even remotely questions the direction of the band or any of it's members... at the same time I feel like there is a point where it all goes a little to far, so I understand Jarmo stopping the 'trolling' in it's tracks.

Until there is official word on certain topics (after years in some cases) I don't see how you can't expect there to be a certain level of speculation about things like 'When is a followup album coming' or 'does the band have a guitar player'... what else is here to talk about? As you mentioned earlier I don't really care if Guns N' Roses makes it to the second round of Cat Fancy Magazines tournament of bands with songs that include the word Sweet, or involving myself in the 7th annual how did Madagascar make you feel when you first heard it. I'm as interested in Axl's cats as I am Koutney Kardashian's husband... I want to talk about an active relevant band. I know for some people if it isn't GnR or a metal band it's crap, but it frustrates me seeing a band like Maroon 5 (who are very talented and if you can't see that you are very short sighted) manage to release 5 successful albums in the time Axl has released 1... They don't seem to have the never ending legal and management hassle that Axl does. Don't like Pop? How about Country? Brad Paisley a great performer and guitar player has managed to release 10 successful albums (19 #1 songs) since GnR first reemerged in Las Vegas in 00-01 (same as before, Axl just 1).

This is why not everyone wants to talk like it's all unicorns and rainbows.

The lack of productivity is indefensible at this point?and it?s crazy the absurd lengths people will go here.  The evil record company, shady promoters?all these forces conspiring to prohibit Axl from releasing music.  Christ, how many crooked record company execs exist?  I don?t know, but apparently they all work for Axl?s label, and they?re still out to get him.

The new excuse reason seems to be artistic integrity.  He?s not ready to release it.  Why force him to do something when he?s not ready to do it?  Sorry, but I don?t think asking to hear music that?s already recorded is asking too much?especially 7 years after the last album was released.

I just don?t understand the mentality to defend every action ? or inaction ? of the band.  Seriously, every action.  All of them.  Never a bad one.  That?s where the cult comparisons come from.  Whenever the band decides to do something is the right time?and fuck you, you ungrateful 601 post wonder for thinking otherwise.  Get a life (that?s a good one, as if my ? or anyone else?s ? day to day living depends on what Guns n Roses does).

What do you want your favorite football team to do?  Play football.  Your favorite basketball team?  You guessed it.  Play basketball.  Why would it be any different for your favorite band? 

que emily's next rant using big words to try and sound overly intelligent  rofl

It's deadset painful.

anyhoo...

Sorry my vocabulary makes you feel inadequate, and possibly inferior.

I don't speak stupidese.

Not inadequate at all. I think it's hilarious you try so hard to sound intelligent by using big words at any point you can...its very try-hardish. 

I am educated as well.  Roll Eyes

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #241 on: July 24, 2015, 01:58:22 AM »

Emily...

Im trying to figure out why you refuse to see what they are saying?

Your whole point seems to be "Oh you dont know they havent recorded X amount of songs" or "that Axl doesnt owe anyone anything" or "it will be released when its released"..

these comments seem to be the general theme from you. The fans are all entitled to an opinion, Dgen and a few others make quite relevant points when they say that the output has been poor (in terms of records).. or that there is a lack of information given to the fans about whats going on... or any number of other gripes that people may have... you cant just reset to a default response with ambiguous comments like the examples above.

There are genuine gripes and IMO (yes its just my opinion) they are relevant.

I love Axl... for me... its not about bagging you out.. or bagging Axl out.. I'm certainly not a hater.. i just named my Kid after Axl for gods sake  Wink

For me.. Axl will always be my favorite Artist/Musician/Performer.. certainly the best Front man.. and i truly am privileged to have seen him Live in 2013 for the first time when they played in my town.. so im certainly not here to throw shit at you.. or at Axl on an online forum..

I guess what i am saying is... You are happy to sit and wait and see what plays out.. in terms of any future music or touring or whatever.. and thats cool... but some people feel like theyve waited enough time and that things have been said by Axl or his band members and that hasnt eventuated and they feel its not good enough... i think both sides have a point... its where u stand on either side of the fence i guess...

For me... i think there is some serious doubt as to whether this is over for good this time considering speculation around other members.. that may be the case.. it may not.. i just think the lines of communication to the fans could be a lot better.. i just want to know about my favorite band.. thats all.

Mr 2 post wonder,

Seems very suspicious and convienient that you would choose to immediately jump into the fray and immediately align yourself with that side.

If you truly expect me to politely step aside while  "fans" like dgenx, gingerking and moaning mortis do their best to demean, berate and whine about all things GNR you are going to be very disappointed.

Nobody asked you, or them to wait, here's a nice quote you all can meditate on.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen, you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does, you might get something that works for you ? in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus 'cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater."
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-axl-rose-speaks/#dQmZ65OAT4W1FxU5.99

When there is something to announce it will be announced, why is that so difficult a concept for people like you to grasp?

"Mr 2 Post wonder"Huh whats 2 posts got to do with it? Oh.. i forgot.. in your internet world it means everything..  Smiley

As for your comments regarding it "being convenient and suspicious that i align myself with that side" .. umm no.. its really not. Would it be suspicious or convenient if i aligned myself with your thoughts and comments after 2 posts?  Undecided

I tried to engage you by saying i dont understand why you cant see their point of view.. which i tend to agree with. And your first response was a sarcastic "2 post wonder" comment..

Again.. I'm not attacking you. I'm just stating that all your arguments revolve around ambigious statements like "you dont know this isnt happening" "or its ready when its ready"... im merely trying to figure out if you really believe this stuff.

As for the last part.. quoting Axl saying go and do other things and you wont be disapointed... thats fine.. i dont sit around longing for the next record like my life depends on it. Ive already stated in my second post that I'm not an Axl hater, i went to a new guns show in 2013, had a great time.. cant fault anything about the show.. etc etc.. (you didnt make reference to any of that). .you just seem to think im now on the opposite of the fence and thats that.

It is possible to have a different point of view and actually still get on you know.    Smiley

How do you know anything about me, or my supposed "internet world"?  Are you yet another magical wannabe psychic?

It was odd that you just supposedly registered, but yet chose to immediately  jump into the  discussion and focus on me, but feel free to continue being a minion, I honestly don't care.

You specifically mentioned that "some people were tired of waiting" etc, so I posted a quote, nobody is asking you to wait- that is entirely your choice and your decision.

I'm stating the truth, you do not know what has been done, and when there is something to announce it will be announced, no idea why that is an issue with some "fans" here.

It's great and wonderful you went to a show in 2013, do you want a gold star?  Have been to quite a few shows myself throughout the years and have enjoyed them all.

People seem to get their wants and needs confused, they convince themselves they need new music, when the truth is they merely want it, and when it is released they will want something else.

Some here are addicted to whining and complaining, it gets very tiring and monotonous to read the same redundant crying and complaining from the same circle of idiots.

I mentioned the show in 2013 to validate im not a hater of nuguns and was perfectly capable of being able to ask questions of the current band and yet still be a fan and enjoy the shows.. , an intelect like you would/should have picked up on that..in fact i think i even spelt that out for you to avoid confusing you yet you still got confused... funny that... when you spit venom so often you forget what you read.. or took no notice... and just continued on with your usual diatribe of misleading confused codswallop that i think you actually believe in the hope of being noticed by someone on here. who knows... ill let you figure that out.

So the crux of it is this..... basically you have a problem with anyone who dares to question what's going on in this "band"Huh And we should all shut up and just pretend its all perfect?

Just because people ask questions (which they have a right too) doesnt make them idiots.

Cheers

Unlike many here, I don't pretend to be a magical psychic that can derive untold depths from what someone posts.

Your idiotic interpretation of my motivation is just that, idiotic blabbering and more attempts to attack me personally, wouldn't suggest you continue down that road.

I'm simply a real fan and supporter, I have no insiduous hidden agenda other than doing what I know is right, and posting what I know to be true, it says a great deal about your character there, or lack thereof.

GNR is definitely a band, no quotation marks needed, but what is really in question is your supposed "fandom".

There is no such thing as "nuguns" it is Guns N' Roses.

Who's claiming to be psychic?

Its fact that one album has been released in 20 years.
Its fact that a lot of fans find it irritating.

If GNR is "definitely" a band... whos in it right now?

Can you tell me with any certainty?

Im dying to know. 
mortismurphy
« Reply #242 on: July 24, 2015, 02:25:09 AM »

Emily is a charmer. It is best to ignore her really. (Poor guy - new user and you would have expected a better reception than that.)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #243 on: July 24, 2015, 02:29:17 AM »

Emily...

Im trying to figure out why you refuse to see what they are saying?

Your whole point seems to be "Oh you dont know they havent recorded X amount of songs" or "that Axl doesnt owe anyone anything" or "it will be released when its released"..

these comments seem to be the general theme from you. The fans are all entitled to an opinion, Dgen and a few others make quite relevant points when they say that the output has been poor (in terms of records).. or that there is a lack of information given to the fans about whats going on... or any number of other gripes that people may have... you cant just reset to a default response with ambiguous comments like the examples above.

There are genuine gripes and IMO (yes its just my opinion) they are relevant.

I love Axl... for me... its not about bagging you out.. or bagging Axl out.. I'm certainly not a hater.. i just named my Kid after Axl for gods sake  Wink

For me.. Axl will always be my favorite Artist/Musician/Performer.. certainly the best Front man.. and i truly am privileged to have seen him Live in 2013 for the first time when they played in my town.. so im certainly not here to throw shit at you.. or at Axl on an online forum..

I guess what i am saying is... You are happy to sit and wait and see what plays out.. in terms of any future music or touring or whatever.. and thats cool... but some people feel like theyve waited enough time and that things have been said by Axl or his band members and that hasnt eventuated and they feel its not good enough... i think both sides have a point... its where u stand on either side of the fence i guess...

For me... i think there is some serious doubt as to whether this is over for good this time considering speculation around other members.. that may be the case.. it may not.. i just think the lines of communication to the fans could be a lot better.. i just want to know about my favorite band.. thats all.

Mr 2 post wonder,

Seems very suspicious and convienient that you would choose to immediately jump into the fray and immediately align yourself with that side.

If you truly expect me to politely step aside while  "fans" like dgenx, gingerking and moaning mortis do their best to demean, berate and whine about all things GNR you are going to be very disappointed.

Nobody asked you, or them to wait, here's a nice quote you all can meditate on.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen, you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does, you might get something that works for you ? in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus 'cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater."
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-axl-rose-speaks/#dQmZ65OAT4W1FxU5.99

When there is something to announce it will be announced, why is that so difficult a concept for people like you to grasp?

"Mr 2 Post wonder"Huh whats 2 posts got to do with it? Oh.. i forgot.. in your internet world it means everything..  Smiley

As for your comments regarding it "being convenient and suspicious that i align myself with that side" .. umm no.. its really not. Would it be suspicious or convenient if i aligned myself with your thoughts and comments after 2 posts?  Undecided

I tried to engage you by saying i dont understand why you cant see their point of view.. which i tend to agree with. And your first response was a sarcastic "2 post wonder" comment..

Again.. I'm not attacking you. I'm just stating that all your arguments revolve around ambigious statements like "you dont know this isnt happening" "or its ready when its ready"... im merely trying to figure out if you really believe this stuff.

As for the last part.. quoting Axl saying go and do other things and you wont be disapointed... thats fine.. i dont sit around longing for the next record like my life depends on it. Ive already stated in my second post that I'm not an Axl hater, i went to a new guns show in 2013, had a great time.. cant fault anything about the show.. etc etc.. (you didnt make reference to any of that). .you just seem to think im now on the opposite of the fence and thats that.

It is possible to have a different point of view and actually still get on you know.    Smiley

How do you know anything about me, or my supposed "internet world"?  Are you yet another magical wannabe psychic?

It was odd that you just supposedly registered, but yet chose to immediately  jump into the  discussion and focus on me, but feel free to continue being a minion, I honestly don't care.

You specifically mentioned that "some people were tired of waiting" etc, so I posted a quote, nobody is asking you to wait- that is entirely your choice and your decision.

I'm stating the truth, you do not know what has been done, and when there is something to announce it will be announced, no idea why that is an issue with some "fans" here.

It's great and wonderful you went to a show in 2013, do you want a gold star?  Have been to quite a few shows myself throughout the years and have enjoyed them all.

People seem to get their wants and needs confused, they convince themselves they need new music, when the truth is they merely want it, and when it is released they will want something else.

Some here are addicted to whining and complaining, it gets very tiring and monotonous to read the same redundant crying and complaining from the same circle of idiots.

I mentioned the show in 2013 to validate im not a hater of nuguns and was perfectly capable of being able to ask questions of the current band and yet still be a fan and enjoy the shows.. , an intelect like you would/should have picked up on that..in fact i think i even spelt that out for you to avoid confusing you yet you still got confused... funny that... when you spit venom so often you forget what you read.. or took no notice... and just continued on with your usual diatribe of misleading confused codswallop that i think you actually believe in the hope of being noticed by someone on here. who knows... ill let you figure that out.

So the crux of it is this..... basically you have a problem with anyone who dares to question what's going on in this "band"Huh And we should all shut up and just pretend its all perfect?

Just because people ask questions (which they have a right too) doesnt make them idiots.

Cheers

Unlike many here, I don't pretend to be a magical psychic that can derive untold depths from what someone posts.

Your idiotic interpretation of my motivation is just that, idiotic blabbering and more attempts to attack me personally, wouldn't suggest you continue down that road.

I'm simply a real fan and supporter, I have no insiduous hidden agenda other than doing what I know is right, and posting what I know to be true, it says a great deal about your character there, or lack thereof.

GNR is definitely a band, no quotation marks needed, but what is really in question is your supposed "fandom".

There is no such thing as "nuguns" it is Guns N' Roses.

Who's claiming to be psychic?

Its fact that one album has been released in 20 years.
Its fact that a lot of fans find it irritating.

If GNR is "definitely" a band... whos in it right now?

Can you tell me with any certainty?

Im dying to know. 

I was referencing you saying  that I missed points in your post, if it had been phrased succinctly and it required some adknowledgement or response I would have responded.

I definitely know Axl is in the band Wink  does that ease your troubled little mind?

You are not "dying" to know anything, drama queen exaggeration.

The DVD was released last year, I got a CD package of that as well, were you unaware that was available?

There is no hard and fast rule about how often albums are released, if you are dissatisfied with GNR why not go infect some other band with your presence? Nobody is asking you to wait.
The tendency to whining and complaining may be taken as the surest sign symptom of little souls and inferior intellects.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:37:07 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #244 on: July 24, 2015, 02:29:55 AM »

Emily is a charmer. It is best to ignore her really. (Poor guy - new user and you would have expected a better reception than that.)

Its cool... i knew which side of the fence she was on... i thought that perhaps being a new user shed be a bit more reasonable about conversing ... but im not shocked.  Wink

Anyway mortis.. nice to be here...  Cheesy
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #245 on: July 24, 2015, 02:30:48 AM »

Poor him, poor you all these pity cases.  crying

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #246 on: July 24, 2015, 02:33:41 AM »

Its cool... i knew which side of the fence she was on... i thought that perhaps being a new user shed be a bit more reasonable about conversing ... but im not shocked.  Wink

Anyway mortis.. nice to be here...  Cheesy

I am being very reasonable, I'm simply not on board nor in agreement with your delusional complaining and entitlement issues.

The way to get status among complainers is to be the most negative. To be the one who sees everything in the most negative light.

Any attempt to be positive or cheerful will be shot down and optimists will be accused of being Pollyanna, naive and unrealistic.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #247 on: July 24, 2015, 02:40:30 AM »

For me personally I was very happy with everything that 2008 brought, but having the 'three albums full of material' dangled in front of us wears on you when it never comes... which is why most of my post was not to contradict what you are saying but directed at Emily who thinks that no one should share their opinion if it questions Axl or his team.

Oh no, I'm with almost all of what you are saying.

I think any objective analysis has to at least question how "three albums of material" and "36 songs" (both things that we were told) has lead to one album, 7 years ago.  And who the hell knows what now.

And to say "hey, what's going on here?" is not to insult the band, claim to be a label exec or tour manager or any of that noise.

Its just asking doesn't this seem...off, to anyone else?

It seems totally off to me, which is why I laugh at people like Emily who feel like they need to 'Defend the Wall' every time everyone says something that even remotely questions the direction of the band or any of it's members... at the same time I feel like there is a point where it all goes a little to far, so I understand Jarmo stopping the 'trolling' in it's tracks.

Until there is official word on certain topics (after years in some cases) I don't see how you can't expect there to be a certain level of speculation about things like 'When is a followup album coming' or 'does the band have a guitar player'... what else is here to talk about? As you mentioned earlier I don't really care if Guns N' Roses makes it to the second round of Cat Fancy Magazines tournament of bands with songs that include the word Sweet, or involving myself in the 7th annual how did Madagascar make you feel when you first heard it. I'm as interested in Axl's cats as I am Koutney Kardashian's husband... I want to talk about an active relevant band. I know for some people if it isn't GnR or a metal band it's crap, but it frustrates me seeing a band like Maroon 5 (who are very talented and if you can't see that you are very short sighted) manage to release 5 successful albums in the time Axl has released 1... They don't seem to have the never ending legal and management hassle that Axl does. Don't like Pop? How about Country? Brad Paisley a great performer and guitar player has managed to release 10 successful albums (19 #1 songs) since GnR first reemerged in Las Vegas in 00-01 (same as before, Axl just 1).

This is why not everyone wants to talk like it's all unicorns and rainbows.

The lack of productivity is indefensible at this point?and it?s crazy the absurd lengths people will go here.  The evil record company, shady promoters?all these forces conspiring to prohibit Axl from releasing music.  Christ, how many crooked record company execs exist?  I don?t know, but apparently they all work for Axl?s label, and they?re still out to get him.

The new excuse reason seems to be artistic integrity.  He?s not ready to release it.  Why force him to do something when he?s not ready to do it?  Sorry, but I don?t think asking to hear music that?s already recorded is asking too much?especially 7 years after the last album was released.

I just don?t understand the mentality to defend every action ? or inaction ? of the band.  Seriously, every action.  All of them.  Never a bad one.  That?s where the cult comparisons come from.  Whenever the band decides to do something is the right time?and fuck you, you ungrateful 601 post wonder for thinking otherwise.  Get a life (that?s a good one, as if my ? or anyone else?s ? day to day living depends on what Guns n Roses does).

What do you want your favorite football team to do?  Play football.  Your favorite basketball team?  You guessed it.  Play basketball.  Why would it be any different for your favorite band? 

que emily's next rant using big words to try and sound overly intelligent  rofl

It's deadset painful.

anyhoo...

Sorry my vocabulary makes you feel inadequate, and possibly inferior.

I don't speak stupidese.

Not inadequate at all. I think it's hilarious you try so hard to sound intelligent by using big words at any point you can...its very try-hardish. 

I am educated as well.  Roll Eyes

I'm hardly trying to impress anyone, I think it's hilarious you are attempting to ridicule my vocabulary.

I could care less how "educated" you claim to be.  hihi

Let's see, so far you have:

1.complained about my vocabulary
2.insinuated that I have some spurious end result in mind.

Care to continue this tendency? I'm beginning to think you signed up just to troll me. Here's a little tip, I know how to use the report button.  ok
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:50:54 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #248 on: July 24, 2015, 02:58:58 AM »

Here's a little tip, I know how to use the report button.  ok

In all the years I've posted here I've never used that.  What does that get you? hihi

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #249 on: July 24, 2015, 03:06:49 AM »

Here's a little tip, I know how to use the report button.  ok

In all the years I've posted here I've never used that.  What does that get you? hihi

It's sort of like preparation-H, it can make a chronic pain in your ass disappear  hihi
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:10:20 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #250 on: July 24, 2015, 06:54:22 AM »

The Parrots are out in full force.  Roll Eyes

Have a day guys beause in the end your opinion is meaningless.

Who has argued their opinion has meaning, or is going to effectuate change?  You're missing the point completely, but it's a nice misdirection step.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #251 on: July 24, 2015, 08:12:58 AM »

The DVD was released last year, I got a CD package of that as well, were you unaware that was available?

There is no hard and fast rule about how often albums are released, if you are dissatisfied with GNR why not go infect some other band with your presence? Nobody is asking you to wait.
The tendency to whining and complaining may be taken as the surest sign symptom of little souls and inferior intellects.

Are you kidding me with that, a live DVD? That is basically the same crap we got with Live Era, Tokyo '92 DVD's, and the Music Video DVD.

Also are you serious with the 'how to you know the record label is cooperating' comment? Every other band in existence seems to be able to release successful albums on a fairly regular basis, they manage to keep most of their members, they don't get a concert aired on TV then somehow have it pulled and claim that they were lied to. This only seems to happen to one band (one man if were being honest). Do you picture in this little magical world you live in where everything Axl does is perfect that sometime in the early 90's an influential group of record executives stood in front of a giant roulette wheel with names on it and said 'Who are we going to fuck with for the next 30 year or so' then spun and got Axl?

Maybe the record label plays hard ball with him... do you fucking blame them? They sat patiently and waited since 1991 for an album of original material, instead they got decades worth of studio bills and saw the marketable band they signed a contract with implode. The after all of the wait they got Chinese Democracy which probably could have been released and sounded just as good (if not better) 10 years earlier. Had it been released 10 years earlier they may have gotten a little more return on their investment.

With all of that said... I'll wait, and I'll buy what ever he releases when ever he releases it, but I can discuss it till I turn blue in the face until he does. AGAIN... what else is there to talk about? I don't care what jeans or designer t-shirt he wore that one time, I don't care that his cat turned 10, I don't care if a random online magazine has more GnR or Motley Crue fans that vote. I do care to talk about if the guitar driven rock band has guitar players since they appear to (unofficially) have none. I do care to talk about the remaining 30 or so songs that are on the shelf years later. AND sue me, when other people start talking about reunions I perk up because at the end of the day that is the band I fell in love with in 1987 when I first heard them on WBCN and WAAF.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:40:35 AM by C0ma » Logged
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #252 on: July 24, 2015, 08:21:01 AM »

The Parrots are out in full force.  Roll Eyes

Have a day guys beause in the end your opinion is meaningless.

Who has argued their opinion has meaning, or is going to effectuate change?  You're missing the point completely, but it's a nice misdirection step.

Constant complaining makes you see everything in a negative light, because your subconscious mind tries to make new observation fit with what you already know.

It isnt something a healthy mind practices Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #253 on: July 24, 2015, 08:38:43 AM »

Are you kidding me with that, a live DVD? That is basically the same crap we got with Live Era, Tokyo '92 DVD's, and the Music Video DVD.

Also are you serious with the 'how to you know the record label is cooperating' comment? Every other band in existence seems to be able to release successful albums on a fairly regular basis, they manage to keep most of their members, they don't get a concert aired on TV then somehow have it pulled and claim that they were lied to. This only seems to happen to one band (one man if were being honest). Do you picture in this little magical world you live in where everything Axl does is perfect that sometime in the early 90's an influential group of record executives stood in front of a giant roulette wheel with names on it and said 'Who are we going to fuck with for the next 30 year or so' then spun and got Axl?

Maybe the record label plays hard ball with him... do you fucking blame them? They sat patiently and waited since 1991 for an album of original material, instead they got decades worth of studio bills and saw the marketable band they signed a contract with implode. The after all of the wait they got Chinese Democracy which probably could have been released and sounded just as good (if not better) had it been released 10 years earlier. Had it been released 10 years earlier they may have gotten a little more return on their investment.

With all of that said... I'll wait, and I'll buy what ever he releases when ever he releases it, but I can discuss it till I turn blue in the face until he does. AGAIN... what else is there to talk about? I don't care what jeans or designer t-shirt he wore that one time, I don't care that his cat turned 10, I don't care if a random online magazine has more GnR or Motley Crue fans that vote. I do care to talk about if the guitar driven rock band has guitar players since they appear to (unofficially) have none. I do care to talk about the remaining 30 or so songs that are on the shelf years later. AND sue me, when other people start talking about reunions I perk up because at the end of the day that is the band I fell in love with in 1987 when I first heard them on WBCN and WAAF.

Can you provide proof that the Label isn't making the situation both complicated and difficult?

Can you provide proof that "they appear to have NO guitar players"?

Can you provide proof for "Had it been released 10 years earlier they would have seen more return on their investment"?

Would you like some cheese with that Whine? The people who are best at toxic venting are narcissists. Not only are they good at it, but they use conversation very deftly to satisfy themselves, not to engage another mind, or to learn, or to understand or even to actually converse, only to whine and complain endlessly.

"Shut the fuck up."
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #254 on: July 24, 2015, 08:48:17 AM »

Maybe the record label plays hard ball with him... do you fucking blame them? They sat patiently and waited since 1991 for an album of original material, instead they got decades worth of studio bills and saw the marketable band they signed a contract with implode. The after all of the wait they got Chinese Democracy which probably could have been released and sounded just as good (if not better) had it been released 10 years earlier. Had it been released 10 years earlier they may have gotten a little more return on their investment.

Can you provide proof that the Label isn't making the situation both complicated and difficult?

Can you provide proof for "Had it been released 10 years earlier they would have seen more return on their investment"?

Would you like some cheese with that Whine? The people who are best at toxic venting are narcissists. Not only are they good at it, but they use conversation very deftly to satisfy themselves, not to engage another mind, or to learn, or to understand or even to actually converse, only to whine and complain endlessly.

Asking to prove a negative...good one.

Ok, how about you try.  Can you prove that the label is making things complicated and difficult?

All you bring to the alter table is that Guns can do/has never done/will never do anything wrong.  Axl is beyond reproach, and whenever he deems something ready, that means it's the right time.  Hey, I'm all about worshiping gingers, but come on. 
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #255 on: July 24, 2015, 08:52:06 AM »

Provide proof that I'm wrong... You can't and I can't, which is why we talk about it on a forum. Embrace what this medium gives us, a platform to speak about a band with people who also follow it... but they don't have to do so blindly.

As far as the record company making it difficult though, I just ask for a common sense look at it... Why in the world would they prevent him from releasing an album or two that could allow them to recoup the millions of dollars they blew on this guy? Why are there dozens of examples of bands that have released albums at a 5:1 or 10:1 rate compared to GnR. Why do you think that the record industry has a hard on for fucking with one guy?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #256 on: July 24, 2015, 08:57:56 AM »

Asking to prove a negative...good one.

Ok, how about you try.  Can you prove that the label is making things complicated and difficult?

All you bring to the alter table is that Guns can do/has never done/will never do anything wrong.  Axl is beyond reproach, and whenever he deems something ready, that means it's the right time.  Hey, I'm all about worshiping gingers, but come on. 

No I am a supportive fan, is that a difficult concept to grasp?

I choose not to be a toxic complainer, toxic people easily become angry with positive people. They don?t understand your reasons for being happy and will attack you until you?re on the same level as them.

"Shut the fuck up."
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #257 on: July 24, 2015, 09:03:31 AM »

I choose not to be a toxic complainer, toxic people easily become angry with positive people. They don?t understand your reasons for being happy and will attack you until you?re on the same level as them.

Hold up a second... who does the attacking? No one would pay attention to you and your weird Axl Hale Bop Comet like cult if you didn't make it your job to attack every point that isn't basically "Axl is wonderful and nothing is wrong, move on, nothing to see here"
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #258 on: July 24, 2015, 09:06:25 AM »

Provide proof that I'm wrong... You can't and I can't, which is why we talk about it on a forum. Embrace what this medium gives us, a platform to speak about a band with people who also follow it... but they don't have to do so blindly.

As far as the record company making it difficult though, I just ask for a common sense look at it... Why in the world would they prevent him from releasing an album or two that could allow them to recoup the millions of dollars they blew on this guy? Why are there dozens of examples of bands that have released albums at a 5:1 or 10:1 rate compared to GnR. Why do you think that the record industry has a hard on for fucking with one guy?

I refuse to entertain delusions, but I'm far from a blind follower.

I don't think that labels, or the music industry as a whole is fair and balanced, nor do I think it is a particularly honorable industry, it is rife and ripe with corruption and greed so I have no problem seeing that they might be a problem. I'm not naive  or gullible.

I see absolutely no reason to paint the band in the worst possible light, and try to appear objective when in reality all you are doing is whining and complaining like a two year old because the band doesn't do things the way you think they should be done. All the constant complaining is nothing more than a glorified temper tantrum.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #259 on: July 24, 2015, 09:10:02 AM »

Hold up a second... who does the attacking? No one would pay attention to you and your weird Axl Hale Bop Comet like cult if you didn't make it your job to attack every point that isn't basically "Axl is wonderful and nothing is wrong, move on, nothing to see here"

Is that a failed attempt to reference the Hale-Bopp Comet?  hihi

I'm giving my sincere opinions here, there is nothing weird about it.

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: