Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:03:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"  (Read 68490 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2015, 10:15:53 PM »

The point I was getting at is that if he had some older stuff he could package with new band stuff as a whole "Complete History Of GNR" boxset.

Where would they sell that stuff? Recordstores are gone. Streaming seems to be the most relevant form of selling songs 2day.

For a box set, you would presumably still put some sort of emphasis on packaging.  And if relying on the hardcore, assume they will spend the money and order it.

But I think a box set is on the outer fringe of the outer fringe of viable ideas for GNR from here on in. 

These guys can't ever get out an album.  Walk before you can run.

You are no sort of insider, industry expert or particularly informed.

Please present proof that an album release has been attempted in recent years and failed.

The revolver interview of 2014 states that a new album was being looked into.

Walk before you can run.

I think the interview used a bit more stronger words than a new album was being into...like "already recorded" and "been done for awhile".  It is a tad ridiculous that we're over a year from that and we're no closer (arguably farther away).  Use the artistic integrity crutch all you want...but the man's Axl Rose.  If he really wants to do something, he'll find a way to do it.  It's becoming more and more apparent that he just doesn't want to [cue: misinformed, entitled, internet warrior, whiner response].
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #201 on: July 22, 2015, 10:22:03 PM »

I saw no reason to not take Axl at his word in that interview.

But how do you reconcile that talk with what we've seen since?  His inaction, coupled with the seemingly contrary actions of the others in the band.

It's a tough sell.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2015, 11:28:42 PM »

Simply because albums are not released on your little perceived schedule does in no way entail that this is somehow wrong.

There exists no hard and fast rule nor enforced schedule for releasing albums.

"Wrong"? No.  That's a totally subjective concept one could spin in any number of directions.  I wouldn't even go down that road, for that very reason.

Not productive?  That's hard and fast, that concept.  It doesn't even need the air quotes around it.  Output over time is an easily proven, concrete measure.

You want to get your spin on about the artistry of it all to explain away the meager output over time, that's your prerogative.  But that passage of time versus the output contained within is unassailable.

You attempt to condemn what you do not understand, that is very apparent.

Simply because songs havent been released does in no way mean they havent been written, you are not in a position to judge "creative output" and by attempting to judge, it says more about you than anyone else.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2015, 11:33:01 PM »

The point I was getting at is that if he had some older stuff he could package with new band stuff as a whole "Complete History Of GNR" boxset.

Where would they sell that stuff? Recordstores are gone. Streaming seems to be the most relevant form of selling songs 2day.

For a box set, you would presumably still put some sort of emphasis on packaging.  And if relying on the hardcore, assume they will spend the money and order it.

But I think a box set is on the outer fringe of the outer fringe of viable ideas for GNR from here on in. 

These guys can't ever get out an album.  Walk before you can run.

You are no sort of insider, industry expert or particularly informed.

Please present proof that an album release has been attempted in recent years and failed.

Walk before you can run.

I think the interview used a bit more stronger words than a new album was being into...like "already recorded" and "been done for awhile".  It is a tad ridiculous that we're over a year from that and we're no closer (arguably farther away).  Use the artistic integrity crutch all you want...but the man's Axl Rose.  If he really wants to do something, he'll find a way to do it.  It's becoming more and more apparent that he just doesn't want to [cue: misinformed, entitled, internet warrior, whiner response].

Howso is it ridiculous? Are you privvy to details and the processes to get a commercial release ready?

It is very sad and very telling you refer to Artistic Integrity as a crutch.

I think you and Dgenx should get a room together, you seem to have a lot in common.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #204 on: July 22, 2015, 11:37:26 PM »

I obviously cannot.

But, in all candor, I come down much firmer in the camp nothing has been tried whatsoever than I do something has been attempted and failed.

Walk before you can run.

I agree.  Let's hope that pans out.

And that recent events that seem to fly in the face of that are not what they seem to appear.

Guess that remains to be seen. I tend not to place much stock in everything I read on the internet.

By all means keep on trying to appear to be some sort of informed, witty, intellectual with clever and canny insights - keep up that all-important internet persona.

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #205 on: July 22, 2015, 11:47:40 PM »

Emily...

Im trying to figure out why you refuse to see what they are saying?

Your whole point seems to be "Oh you dont know they havent recorded X amount of songs" or "that Axl doesnt owe anyone anything" or "it will be released when its released"..

these comments seem to be the general theme from you. The fans are all entitled to an opinion, Dgen and a few others make quite relevant points when they say that the output has been poor (in terms of records).. or that there is a lack of information given to the fans about whats going on... or any number of other gripes that people may have... you cant just reset to a default response with ambiguous comments like the examples above.

There are genuine gripes and IMO (yes its just my opinion) they are relevant.

I love Axl... for me... its not about bagging you out.. or bagging Axl out.. I'm certainly not a hater.. i just named my Kid after Axl for gods sake  Wink

For me.. Axl will always be my favorite Artist/Musician/Performer.. certainly the best Front man.. and i truly am privileged to have seen him Live in 2013 for the first time when they played in my town.. so im certainly not here to throw shit at you.. or at Axl on an online forum..

I guess what i am saying is... You are happy to sit and wait and see what plays out.. in terms of any future music or touring or whatever.. and thats cool... but some people feel like theyve waited enough time and that things have been said by Axl or his band members and that hasnt eventuated and they feel its not good enough... i think both sides have a point... its where u stand on either side of the fence i guess...

For me... i think there is some serious doubt as to whether this is over for good this time considering speculation around other members.. that may be the case.. it may not.. i just think the lines of communication to the fans could be a lot better.. i just want to know about my favorite band.. thats all.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2015, 01:31:32 AM »

Emily...

Im trying to figure out why you refuse to see what they are saying?

Your whole point seems to be "Oh you dont know they havent recorded X amount of songs" or "that Axl doesnt owe anyone anything" or "it will be released when its released"..

these comments seem to be the general theme from you. The fans are all entitled to an opinion, Dgen and a few others make quite relevant points when they say that the output has been poor (in terms of records).. or that there is a lack of information given to the fans about whats going on... or any number of other gripes that people may have... you cant just reset to a default response with ambiguous comments like the examples above.

There are genuine gripes and IMO (yes its just my opinion) they are relevant.

I love Axl... for me... its not about bagging you out.. or bagging Axl out.. I'm certainly not a hater.. i just named my Kid after Axl for gods sake  Wink

For me.. Axl will always be my favorite Artist/Musician/Performer.. certainly the best Front man.. and i truly am privileged to have seen him Live in 2013 for the first time when they played in my town.. so im certainly not here to throw shit at you.. or at Axl on an online forum..

I guess what i am saying is... You are happy to sit and wait and see what plays out.. in terms of any future music or touring or whatever.. and thats cool... but some people feel like theyve waited enough time and that things have been said by Axl or his band members and that hasnt eventuated and they feel its not good enough... i think both sides have a point... its where u stand on either side of the fence i guess...

For me... i think there is some serious doubt as to whether this is over for good this time considering speculation around other members.. that may be the case.. it may not.. i just think the lines of communication to the fans could be a lot better.. i just want to know about my favorite band.. thats all.

Mr 2 post wonder,

Seems very suspicious and convienient that you would choose to immediately jump into the fray and immediately align yourself with that side.

If you truly expect me to politely step aside while  "fans" like dgenx, gingerking and moaning mortis do their best to demean, berate and whine about all things GNR you are going to be very disappointed.

Nobody asked you, or them to wait, here's a nice quote you all can meditate on.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen, you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does, you might get something that works for you ? in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus 'cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater."
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-axl-rose-speaks/#dQmZ65OAT4W1FxU5.99

When there is something to announce it will be announced, why is that so difficult a concept for people like you to grasp?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:01:12 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #207 on: July 23, 2015, 04:14:02 AM »

Yes, we get it. Fans want as much music as possible. And when you get something, you want something else. We all know that.

But, does reminding us about this week after week really do any good?

We know that wrestling fan thinks Axl is lazy, we know that music fan isn't really a GN'R fan. We all know that, do they need to keep repeating it like a broken record?  Tongue

Has anybody seen these people do anything productive relating to GN'R lately? As soon as there's a "pointless" poll where they can show their support for the band they all want to succeed so badly, they are MIA...

Just saying...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #208 on: July 23, 2015, 06:29:59 AM »

Has anybody seen these people do anything productive relating to GN'R lately? As soon as there's a "pointless" poll where they can show their support for the band they all want to succeed so badly, they are MIA...

If this is a reference to me, can you supply any possible motive or benefit in voting on a poll which allows you to come back one hour later and vote again? Waste of time. Does not even deserve the physical exertion of clicking the mouse.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #209 on: July 23, 2015, 09:20:29 AM »

Hahahahaha

"Productive"?  This is "productive", now :

Hey guys!

Some website you have never heard of is having a tournament that ties in with a current sporting event.  (Hard Rock March Madness, Heavy Metal World Cup, etc.)  Guns N' Roses is matched up with AC/DC in the first round.  Now, you can vote up to 6 times an hour.  Let's see if we can stuff the ballot box at a greater rate than AC/DC fans can stuff the ballot box.  Hopefully, we can help lead our boys to victory! 

Rock on, Gunners!  And don't forget to vote!!

You are 100% right that I am MIA in those threads, because I think they are meaningless.  I'm also MIA out of respect.  Out of respect to the people that are having whatever fun they are having with it.  What's the upside to me coming into the thread and shitting on it?

I would think a better argument for being "productive" would be the series of threads we had right here on the boards discussing each CD track.  I responded to every one of those, several times as the first person to jump in.  That is more productive than some random internet poll with no significance.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2015, 11:46:16 AM »

Yeah, don't take everything so seriously.

But it's funny for somebody who's so adamant about commenting on others' productivity that you don't seem to exhibit a whole lot of productivity yourself.

No, I'm not 100% serious. Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2015, 11:55:53 AM »

But it's funny for somebody who's so adamant about commenting on others' productivity that you don't seem to exhibit a whole lot of productivity yourself.

Me?  I don't comment on that.  That was a response to your post and using the word you used.

You made the argument that voting in those goofy internet polls is not only a productive use of your time, its something that is your duty as a fan.

I dispute both, highly, for the reasons I've stated.

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #212 on: July 23, 2015, 11:57:29 AM »

Yeah, don't take everything so seriously.

No, I'm not 100% serious. Cheesy

/jarmo

Ha, I will give you that!

I sure as hell would not consider anything I post on the internet, wether it be positive or negative, to be a productive use of my or anyone else?s time.

I think the only one that could claim it?s time well spent is the one collecting the money the site generates, or the band the site?s dedicated to.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #213 on: July 23, 2015, 12:00:12 PM »

Nothing posted on any message board about any topic is important in the grand scheme.  Its just something we do to pass slow workdays.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #214 on: July 23, 2015, 01:23:24 PM »

Speak for yourself.
Thanks.

I know for a fact that not all posts are useless just because yours are.

/jarmo

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #215 on: July 23, 2015, 01:44:54 PM »

Can we just agree on a few thiings?  I don't think any of these observations are subjective, so just want to see who's playing with a full deck:

1 Axl is stubborn and always going to do things his way
2 Axl doesn't care about time
3 Axl is a procrastinator
4. Axl does not feel obligated to keep the fans informed when there is nothing new to inform them about
5. Axl does not feel obligated to keep his band mates informed when there is nothing new to inform them about
6. Axl is content with the pace at which GN'R releases new music, even at the sacafice of other band members or fan's happiness
7. Axl makes a mean hamburger

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #216 on: July 23, 2015, 01:54:46 PM »

Speak for yourself.
Thanks.

I know for a fact that not all posts are useless just because yours are.

Ooooooh...burn.

We are spending our days talking about a rock band that hasn't been relevant in over 20 years.

If you want to convince yourself that's us just doing god's work, knock yourself out.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #217 on: July 23, 2015, 02:00:18 PM »

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life

Hell no! Gonna sit here and I refuse to log off before the album is released! Angry <<< Ramboface

Waiting on ch, err, the new album starts now!

hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #218 on: July 23, 2015, 02:12:20 PM »

We are spending our days talking about a rock band that hasn't been relevant in over 20 years.

hahaha, funneh

I spend my days on other things and peak now and then here to see whats going on.

a rock band that hasn't been relevant in over 20 years

Axl was on the front of classic rock last year. Yes yes, they were most popular late 80's early 90's, but 'not relevant'? Roll Eyes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #219 on: July 23, 2015, 02:18:49 PM »

a rock band that hasn't been relevant in over 20 years

Axl was on the front of classic rock last year. Yes yes, they were most popular late 80's early 90's, but 'not relevant'? Roll Eyes

Relevant to us, his lifelong fans.  Not to the populace at large, no.

Other than us, do you think people spend a lot of time in 2015 talking or even thinking about Guns N' Roses in present day?  I do not.

But the point was about message boards in general, on any topic : rock bands, sports, TV shows.  Are we really doing anything of significance, talking to each other about the minutiae of the topic that brings up to that board?  Not really.  Just fans of a common interest shooting the shit.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: