Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 12:00:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"  (Read 68674 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2015, 10:36:17 AM »

You have zero proof for the derogatory claims and labels of "laziness" or "procrastinator" because you are not privvy to any real knowledge or interaction.

You are still attempting to push Troll gospel here.

Yeah, I guess all that creative output over the past 15 years is always at the ready to be thrown back in my face when I say stuff like that.

That's my cross to bear.  I set myself up for that pitfall.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2015, 10:40:34 AM »

Also, I?m not sure I?m buying the he?s sitting on this mountain of music because it?s a gold mine.  By all indications, CDII sounds similar to CD, which didn?t exactly reap huge economic profits.  The big bucks are in a reunion?not in CDII, IMO.

Agreed.

And those Stones and Dylan comparisons, do they apply here?  The Stones were sitting on outtakes and unrelased songs from some of their most famous sessions of alltime.  That's not what Axl is sitting on.  He's not sitting on unheard material from his 'Sticky Fingers' or 'Exile On Mains Street'.  He's sitting on unrelased material from his 'Black And Blue' and 'Dirty Work'.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2015, 10:41:27 AM »

Ginger, I am quite certain Axl made a nice chunk of change off CD. Don't kid yourself....re-read my post on what I consider vault material.

"That material includes classic lineup stuff, Chinese stuff, live concert recordings, demos, alt takes, etc. "

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2015, 10:48:25 AM »

"That material includes classic lineup stuff, Chinese stuff, live concert recordings, demos, alt takes, etc. "

What classic line-up stuff?

Its been going on 30 years with some of that.  We all have the bootlegs.  We know what is out there and what is not.

Do you seriously believe there are all these outtakes from the real band that have somehow been kept under lock and key all this time?

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2015, 10:54:55 AM »

no reason to argue with someone that just wants to argue....

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2015, 11:03:37 AM »

Ginger, you have to look at it from Axl's perspetive. He has already won the lottery. He sits on the mountain of vault material because he CAN. That material includes classic lineup stuff, Chinese stuff, live concert recordings, demos, alt takes, etc. Hell, Dylan waited almost 50 years to release all the Basement Tapes. The Stones are just now releasing all the stuff from their legendary years. It is money in the bank for these guys...social security. They wait....it is sad but true for us fans.
Exactly. Axl isn't an up and comer looking to make a name for himself. He's earned the right to work at his own pace, excrutiating as it may be. We don't have to like it, but that's the way it is.

That?s all possible?he could be re-tooling the brand, getting ready for the next big thing (Round 2?), and still have the passion and desire to release music that?s already recorded.  It?s also possible he has very seriously thought about it and decided it?s not worth the headache and heartache.  He didn?t really seem to like the release process of CD, and maybe to him it?s not going through another painful process.  We don?t know because we have nothing to go on?so it?s just a function of what you believe based on the limited information we have.

Also, I?m not sure I?m buying the he?s sitting on this mountain of music because it?s a gold mine.  By all indications, CDII sounds similar to CD, which didn?t exactly reap huge economic profits.  The big bucks are in a reunion?not in CDII, IMO.

That's the thing. He's probably trying to figure out what the best move is for HIM. Not necessarily for us fans. The year CD was released he described as "the worst f'ing year of his life". Could be a reason he's hesitant to go through the process again. Or maybe he's been going through it off and on. He's obviously not desparate to release music. If and when he decides he's ready, we'll know. I do hope we get there someday.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2015, 11:19:00 AM »

Who is arguing?  I'm asking a question. 

You think there is old band material we have yet to hear, all these years later?  That never made it out on a bootleg?

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2015, 11:34:50 AM »

You have zero proof for the derogatory claims and labels of "laziness" or "procrastinator" because you are not privvy to any real knowledge or interaction.

Yeah, I guess all that creative output over the past 15 years is always at the ready to be thrown back in my face when I say stuff like that.

And now back to sarcasm as an attempt to save face.

Why am I not surprised?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2015, 11:43:29 AM »

You think there is old band material we have yet to hear, all these years later?  That never made it out on a bootleg?

Some of the stuff Slash did that was the beginning of the seed of the song that's been around for a while."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/richard-fortus-on-new-guns-n-roses-album-axl-rose-wants-to-create-stuff-and-release-it-when-its-ready/#oQEAAo8ejrhaOU7Q.99

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2015, 11:45:17 AM »

And now back to sarcasm as an attempt to save face.

Why am I not surprised?

You absolutely shouldn't be.

Ridiculous suggestions often receive ridiculous responses.

Want a serious response?  Put forth a serious argument.

Pretty basic concept.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2015, 12:09:24 PM »

Some of the stuff Slash did that was the beginning of the seed of the song that's been around for a while."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/richard-fortus-on-new-guns-n-roses-album-axl-rose-wants-to-create-stuff-and-release-it-when-its-ready/#oQEAAo8ejrhaOU7Q.99

The article also notes that Guns "has both recording and touring plans in 2015" so I guess you have to pick and choose what to believe.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2015, 12:14:46 PM »

The article also notes that Guns "has both recording and touring plans in 2015" so I guess you have to pick and choose what to believe.

...as always.

Getting back to the topic at hand, I do not believe there is as yet unearthed gems from the old band.  We've heard everything that was to be heard.

I guess, theoretically, there could be some unfocused jam sitting on tape somewhere.  But we were talking about Axl being able to monetize the stuff he's sitting on, like a Stones or Dylan have done.  I don't see anything in that vein.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2015, 12:33:09 PM »

...as always.

Getting back to the topic at hand, I do not believe there is as yet unearthed gems from the old band.  We've heard everything that was to be heard.

I guess, theoretically, there could be some unfocused jam sitting on tape somewhere.  But we were talking about Axl being able to monetize the stuff he's sitting on, like a Stones or Dylan have done.  I don't see anything in that vein.

I think the only thing from the old band would be that Documentry.   The one filmed during the UYI world tour....  That has never been released

Other than that...   The old band has nothing in the shelf

Unless Axl is sitting on some Slash demos breaking out Songs like, fall too pieces and slither....   Now that would be cool
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2015, 12:53:27 PM »

I would simply like to hear cleaner versions of the "bootlegs, demos, alternative takes, jams, etc etc" on a proper studio release...I would like to see proper studio versions of Shadow of Your Love, Reckless Life, and Move to the City without the fake crowd noise in the background. I would like to see AFD remastered with said tracks as bonuses...with the original cover art. There are literally tons of things he can do just like the Stones just did with Sticky. I want the UYI documentary. I want the remainder of the Chinese sessions released....the list goes on and on. Hard core fans would eat it up and pay for it out of principal. It is money in the bank.

Axl has a vault....end of discussion.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2015, 03:02:09 PM »

Chidem was done in the early 20's but got redone (entire fucking thing re-recorded) upon request from a producer. You can for example hear changes to the madagascar-solo (becoming less heavy) and 'The Blues/street of dreams' being slower if you compare rio3 with 02-gigs.

Axl also re-recorded AFD (and some illusion-stuff) and gave permission for songs fto be used in movie-soundtracks. Here is Scom (cuts from live into a new recording). WTTJ was offered to 'Black Hawk Down' but they declined since it wasn't from original AFD.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2015, 03:10:00 PM »

Yeah, Axl tried to sell them on using the new band's version of WTTJ, as I recall.

Thanks, but no thanks.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2015, 03:25:00 PM »

always got to get a dig in.... Roll Eyes

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2015, 03:43:13 PM »

always got to get a dig in.... Roll Eyes

Do you think it was a smart business plan, pushing the re-recorded song instead of the one everyone knows?  The version used during the actual battle in real life?

Since there has been some (apparent) confusion here today, these are questions and not arguments.  Just to be clear.

Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: July 22, 2015, 04:58:34 PM »

Phone's ringing.

It's rO bI n.

Cheesy

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #179 on: July 22, 2015, 05:02:05 PM »

I so hope they bring back certain mr Finck :wink :wink Wink)
ooooh how I miss that dude.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: