Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:31:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"  (Read 68772 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2015, 12:57:38 PM »

Well those kind of complaints as foolish as they may be, really have nothing to do with the issues at hand here.

Correct.

Its a cherry picked fragment of a conversation with no real application to what is being discussed presently.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2015, 02:19:58 PM »

The real issue here is that you can't please everybody.....

Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2015, 02:25:07 PM »

The real issue here is that you can't please everybody.....

I would say the real issue is that all three guitarists from when the band last toured are doing other stuff and aren't in communication with Axl, nor plan to be.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2015, 02:28:42 PM »

D-Gen, if he has everything he needs for the next album, why does he have to be in communication with them? They won't be making any release date decisions.Obviously, that is his responsibility.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2015, 02:29:28 PM »

Ooh. Yeah, it's a real issue for a band on a break....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2015, 02:31:58 PM »

D-Gen, if he has everything he needs for the next album, why does he have to be in communication with them? They won't be making any release date decisions.Obviously, that is his responsibility.

And one he's all over, from what I can see.  Hardest working man in show business, now that James Brown has passed on.

Do you think people are leaving the band and telling other bands they are ready to roll for 2 more years if need be...yet have been told there are big GNR plans coming up?

I do not.  I do not believe that.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2015, 02:43:15 PM »

I am quite certain nobody is under contract anymore....whenever Axl decides to tour again, I imagine he will put a band together at that time. I think that is a good thing as he can sign up whoever the hell is interested.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2015, 02:46:42 PM »

I am quite certain nobody is under contract anymore....whenever Axl decides to tour again, I imagine he will put a band together at that time. I think that is a good thing as he can sign up whoever the hell is interested.

True.

I think the DJ development here is big, because the guy seemed genuinely excited to be in this band and work with Axl.

I see this latest move from him as rather giving up that ghost.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2015, 02:48:45 PM »

Well, he is not the first and won't be the last. I really don't care if he shows up again or not.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2015, 02:53:13 PM »

Well, he is not the first and won't be the last. I really don't care if he shows up again or not.

My only concern is having real questions if Axl has the fire to put together yet another line-up.

We are already at the replacements of the replacements stage.  Does he have a GNR Version 4.0 in him?

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2015, 02:58:31 PM »

who knows? I really am only interested in new music at this point.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2015, 03:07:27 PM »

I'm more interested in new music than I another 'Appetite For Memories' residency, sure.

But he's not exactly cranking it out with a line-up with at least a few guys still in the band that are on the tapes.

What do you figure the chances of new music are with another totally new line-up?  Is there a number less than zero?

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2015, 03:11:48 PM »

yep....-4 look at your Karma points!  Grin

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2015, 03:13:53 PM »

Speaking truth to power comes with inherent risks.  That's life in the big city.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2015, 03:26:46 PM »

Ron leaving the band : not a great indicator things are in the offing.

DJ saying he can focus on another band for up to 2 years : not a great indicator things are in the offing.

Richard focusing on other projects, and lapsing back into "I haven't heard from that camp in a while" mode : not a great indicator things are in the offing.

If the band is on "hiatus", it does appear it will be for a while.

I think people aren't sure it's just a break.  Even Richard says...

The current state of GNR is pretty up in the air.

July 15, 2015

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2015, 03:34:03 PM »

Ron leaving the band : not a great indicator things are in the offing.

DJ saying he can focus on another band for up to 2 years : not a great indicator things are in the offing.

Richard focusing on other projects, and lapsing back into "I haven't heard from that camp in a while" mode : not a great indicator things are in the offing.

If the band is on "hiatus", it does appear it will be for a while.

I think people aren't sure it's just a break.  Even Richard says...

The current state of GNR is pretty up in the air.

July 15, 2015

Well.... AXL is on a break... it's a hiatus for all of the other guys and nobody knows if its permanent for each individual or not.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2015, 03:42:58 PM »

It's not really a break for Axl because he ultimately runs Guns N Roses the business. I am quite certain he is constantly doing something on that front.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2015, 04:07:44 PM »

It's not really a break for Axl because he ultimately runs Guns N Roses the business. I am quite certain he is constantly doing something on that front.

OK.

Calendar 2015...what do you figure he's done?  Best guess.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2015, 04:34:29 PM »

True.

I think the DJ development here is big, because the guy seemed genuinely excited to be in this band and work with Axl.

I see this latest move from him as rather giving up that ghost.
He/you/we had to know this was coming, so it really shouldn't come as a huge surprise. Nikki has been quite vocal about shifting his attention to Sixx:A.M. once Motley wraps things up. DJ has always been passionate about all his projects. Sixx:A.M. is probably more personal to DJ than GNR. Guns may have a higher ceiling, but it's not like he doesn't have other options. Maybe he spoke to Axl and came to the conclusion that he should shift his attention away from Guns. Maybe for good, maybe he plans to come back when Axl is ready to ramp it up again. So while DJ has been loyal to Axl, he's also been quite loyal to Nikki. I wouldn't necessarily view this as him turning his back on Axl. He's just going where he feels is best for him at this time. And there's still the possibility he could juggle the two positions.

Remember when Robin left, and not long after CD was released. Then they got DJ to replace Robin and not long after NIN was on a break. So just because DJ is shifting his focus doesn't mean that it's the end of Guns as we know it. I don't know the plan. I'm not sure Axl even knows the plan. But when he's ready to go again, I'm sure he'll look at all his options and find the right fit.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2015, 05:03:05 PM »

But don't you think it's possible that the two issues are related?  Meaning, everyone is leaving (or making extended multi-year commitments with other bands) because there is no new music coming?  I tend to think that these issues are aligned.  I mean, I hope I'm wrong, but it makes sense that there is some relation between these issues.

You have a band that's on an indeterminate leave, band members have no idea what's going on, and everyone is off touring/releasing music with other bands.  How could that not affect the release of new music?  Releasing music when there is no active band seems weird, right?  Or do we just assume Axl will put together a group when he's ready to release new music? 

Anyway, I tend to think that everyone's off on their own because there is no reasonable likelihood of new music. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: