Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 07:59:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"  (Read 68895 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2015, 08:40:00 AM »

Hopefully Axl's concentrating on the music right now. They toured for the past 5 years, I don't think there's an immediate need to get back on the road now.

If there's an album release next year, I'll be happy with that.

Well really they haven't toured for well over a year and even longer if you don't count the vegas residency as a tour.

In those 5 years of touring, that ended 5 years ago, they played roughly 1 show every 8 days roughly.   Not exactly break neck speed touring.   

What I am getting at.   Is the band hasn't really been busy for some time now

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2015, 08:44:18 AM »

It's July 2015 and we've already written off 2016 and 2017?

I thought we knew better....

And this isn't based on some secret info or guessing, just common sense relating to GN'R.

/jarmo

I remember reading here early in 2015 not to throw away this year yet

I get it though.  Anything can happen at anytime.

Touring anytime soon with the last line up that played vegas does not look possible however
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 01:07:20 PM by TheBaconman » Logged
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2015, 11:09:57 AM »

My two cents, which no one probably cares about, are two things stick out to me.

1. DJ is a salesman. I love him to death, I think he's a great fit for GnR, and I respect the hell out of him for all of his stuff he has going on (GnR, Sixx: AM, Ashba Clothing, the make your own beanies thing, his wonderful marriage, and his great family). But I remember the hype around Modern Vintage, I listened to it twice and never really felt the urge to listen to it again. But I also didn't expect him to go out and say "This album is alright, give it a listen, you may like a song or two". Same with the band now. I don't expect him to go "I"m all in unless Axl calls me". And plus, who is to say they blame him (which I don't think anyone is angry at him, just upset but..) this band that he helped create vs a band that has already been established.

2. During the "quiet years", I remember fans were upset cause we were told nothing. And some even saying that if we were told, then it'd be better. So at least we are now told that we should not really expect anything for now. And if an announcement does happen, it'll be that much more exciting!

Bonus 3rd thing. The record industry sucks now from what I've heard. I forgot who said it, but way back when, bands made money off of album sales and toured to promote the album. Nowadays, bands make their money off of tours and not so much from album sales. Especially with Spotify and Apple Music, so there could be something to "the label is holding it up".

The End.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2015, 09:02:57 PM »

Bonus 3rd thing. The record industry sucks now from what I've heard. I forgot who said it, but way back when, bands made money off of album sales and toured to promote the album. Nowadays, bands make their money off of tours and not so much from album sales. Especially with Spotify and Apple Music, so there could be something to "the label is holding it up".

Do you think the record label would be holding up the album indefinitely? I doubt the industry will turn around in the forseable future. The streaming model has come to stay, and if the industry people somehow force a change where the consumer gets less for its money, it will be pandemonium and right back to piracy.

I know I am in the minority, but I would actually be willing to pay double (of todays pricing) for a good streaming service in support of the artists. With todays system I'm not sure how much this will benefit the artists though, as the label takes the biggest piece of the cake. But it would help a little bit I think.

Back to the record label argument.. If they indeed are holding it up for the reason you say, what are they waiting for? For recorded music to become more profitable again? Because, I'm not so sure we'll see new music in this lifetime then.

When it comes to the label, I have a theory of my own, not so probable as it was a few years ago though. If the label is somehow involved in slowing down a release process, I think it would have to do with contracts. If Axl hasn't signed off on the delivery of new music beyond the amount GNR originally was contracted to do, I think the label could be hesitant to release anything new now, fearing to lose GNR from their roster after a fulfillment of material delivery. If then a reunion happens in the future, Geffen will be kicking themselves for not being the ones "owning" them anymore.

I think they might want Axl to sign a new contract before moving on to release whatever's in the pipeline. But as I said, I think this theory was more likely to be true a few years back, when Axl badmouthed the label and clearly was unhappy with them in the immediate aftermath of the Chinese release.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 09:04:29 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2015, 10:48:18 PM »

Hopefully Axl's concentrating on the music right now. They toured for the past 5 years, I don't think there's an immediate need to get back on the road now.

Well really they haven't toured for well over a year and even longer if you don't count the vegas residency as a tour.

In those 5 years of touring, that ended 5 years ago, they played roughly 1 show every 8 days roughly.   Not exactly break neck speed touring.   

How is this not busy for some time?

Start date   October 31, 2012
End date   June 7, 2014
Legs   7
Shows   18 in North America
5 in Asia
7 in Oceania
2 in the Middle East
10 in Latin America
42 in Total

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2015, 01:17:24 AM »

Do you think the record label would be holding up the album indefinitely? I doubt the industry will turn around in the forseable future. The streaming model has come to stay, and if the industry people somehow force a change where the consumer gets less for its money, it will be pandemonium and right back to piracy.

I know I am in the minority, but I would actually be willing to pay double (of todays pricing) for a good streaming service in support of the artists. With todays system I'm not sure how much this will benefit the artists though, as the label takes the biggest piece of the cake. But it would help a little bit I think.

Back to the record label argument.. If they indeed are holding it up for the reason you say, what are they waiting for? For recorded music to become more profitable again? Because, I'm not so sure we'll see new music in this lifetime then.

When it comes to the label, I have a theory of my own, not so probable as it was a few years ago though. If the label is somehow involved in slowing down a release process, I think it would have to do with contracts. If Axl hasn't signed off on the delivery of new music beyond the amount GNR originally was contracted to do, I think the label could be hesitant to release anything new now, fearing to lose GNR from their roster after a fulfillment of material delivery. If then a reunion happens in the future, Geffen will be kicking themselves for not being the ones "owning" them anymore.

I think they might want Axl to sign a new contract before moving on to release whatever's in the pipeline. But as I said, I think this theory was more likely to be true a few years back, when Axl badmouthed the label and clearly was unhappy with them in the immediate aftermath of the Chinese release.

I think the label has nothing to do with the lack of new music.

People say the music industy is in the can

Well big bands still sell with the proper marketing

The label owns a ton of the pre recorded music axl has...   if they don't....   prove me wrong

so It would be easy money for the label for them to release a album.   that is bought and paid for
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2015, 01:24:42 AM »

End date   June 7, 2014
Legs   7
5 in Asia
7 in Oceania
2 in the Middle East
10 in Latin America
42 in Total

Honestly do you think guns has been busy all this time?

If you look at the past touring schedual, as much as I loved to see them live and did, it was a lazy touring schedual  from the band....

They toured hard!!!    I know

But it now it has been 6 years....

So use 5 years

1 show every 9 days roughly.....     

Point is

Axl or the band was never short on time for planning the future or recording new music during the past few years.....   they have never been that busy

plus

have we ever heard.....    damn this band is just do busy touring every 10 days that we don't have a chance to record or write new music .........
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2015, 04:42:06 AM »

I think the label has nothing to do with the lack of new music.

People say the music industy is in the can

Well big bands still sell with the proper marketing

The label owns a ton of the pre recorded music axl has...   if they don't....   prove me wrong

so It would be easy money for the label for them to release a album.   that is bought and paid for

That's not the argument I made though...

Easy money, sure. But what then? Is the label happy with losing GNR if the case is that Axl owes them only one more album now? What if there's a reunion later.

As I said, if the label is somehow involved with any hold up, I think it would relate to contracts, not the state of the music industry.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2015, 04:00:26 PM »

The plan is to release a double album - both albums will be released in 2016 three months apart.

Two year world tour.

They will release a third album in late 2017. 

Video update on Volume 1 and Volume 2 of our double album coming in 2016 with a 2 year world tour..

DJ, Nikki, James video update: https://www.facebook.com/nikkisixxofficial/posts/10153413672200336

DJ Ashba: "We're planning a 2 year tour right off the top. That's going to be exciting. We're going to play everything from The Heroin Diaries up to the 2 new albums."

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2015, 04:15:34 PM »

Must be nice to follow a band with a plan.  Though I can only theorize.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2015, 04:39:49 PM »

The plan is to release a double album - both albums will be released in 2016 three months apart.

Two year world tour.

They will release a third album in late 2017. 

Video update on Volume 1 and Volume 2 of our double album coming in 2016 with a 2 year world tour..

DJ, Nikki, James video update: https://www.facebook.com/nikkisixxofficial/posts/10153413672200336

DJ Ashba: "We're planning a 2 year tour right off the top. That's going to be exciting. We're going to play everything from The Heroin Diaries up to the 2 new albums."

That's a very ambitious plan. We'll see if they can follow through on it. Not many bands are releasing 3 albums in 2 years and touring all the while. Is there enough of a demand to support such a plan? I read an article yesterday about summer tours, and which ones are doing well vs. poorly. Van Halen and The Who were among bands who weren't faring too well. They'd have to get pretty creative with their scheduling to make it work, IMO. We'll see though. I agree it's better to have ambitious plans than no plan at all, but I'll be interested to see how this all plays out.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2015, 04:57:09 PM »

That's a very ambitious plan. We'll see if they can follow through on it. Not many bands are releasing 3 albums in 2 years and touring all the while.

He says they have written 24 songs already.  They think they will have over 30 songs when they are done.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2015, 05:05:11 PM »

That's a very ambitious plan. We'll see if they can follow through on it. Not many bands are releasing 3 albums in 2 years and touring all the while.

He says they have written 24 songs already.  They think they will have over 30 songs when they are done.

I will be  ourious to hear DJs aging on these albums.  And wonder how his solos would of sounded on new guns music.   I sounded how much guns fans are going to miss out in regards to what could of ended up on a guns record may of ended up on one of these six am albums
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2015, 07:47:09 PM »

End date   June 7, 2014
Legs   7
5 in Asia
7 in Oceania
2 in the Middle East
10 in Latin America
42 in Total

Honestly do you think guns has been busy all this time?

If you look at the past touring schedual, as much as I loved to see them live and did, it was a lazy touring schedual  from the band....

They toured hard!!!    I know

But it now it has been 6 years....

So use 5 years

1 show every 9 days roughly.....     

Point is

Axl or the band was never short on time for planning the future or recording new music during the past few years.....   they have never been that busy

plus

have we ever heard.....    damn this band is just do busy touring every 10 days that we don't have a chance to record or write new music .........

The last tour date was June 2014, it has not been 6 years since the last tour date.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen, you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does, you might get something that works for you ? in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus 'cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater."
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-axl-rose-speaks/#03U11DWgwxsQaFzL.99

"Shut the fuck up."
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2015, 07:48:25 PM »

Why is so hard to accept that DJ is touring for two years?? Halestorm has been doing it.
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2015, 07:52:39 PM »

Does any one want to speculate on why Axl Rose might be choosing to sit on the sidelines right now?
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2015, 07:54:24 PM »

Why is so hard to accept that DJ is touring for two years?? Halestorm has been doing it.
According to some people here, current GNR were on tour for FIVE years!! Surely, two is nothing compared to that?  hihi
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2015, 07:58:39 PM »

Yeah it's not THAT ambitious of a plan.  Green Day put out 3 albums in 3 months in 2012 and released a documentary and demo album the following year along with extensive touring.  That was in spite of Billie Joe Armstrong going to rehab for a few months during all of it.

Tom Delonge is putting  out 4 albums (2 solo and 2 Angels and Airwaves) and is also putting out a comic book series and co writing 15 novels with NY times best selling authors, all within the next year.  He is also in DC right now making a NASA documentary.  This is all after the  5 albums , 3 Ava and 2 blink he has put out since  2011 all with extensive touring.

Look at all the projects people like Dave Grohl are involved in at all times.

Point is I don't see how some are finding the Sixx Am plan unrealistic.  With all the modern technology we have artists are really branching out and creating all types of art in short periods of time and are able to make it readily available to us instantly.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 08:03:45 PM by Bodhi » Logged
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2015, 08:47:07 PM »

Does any one want to speculate on why Axl Rose might be choosing to sit on the sidelines right now?

Derrrr The band is currently on hiatus, he is entitled to his privacy without some forum idiots saying "he is on the sidelines" simply because they don't know what he is up to or currently working on. :idiotemoticon:

Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 08:49:48 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2015, 08:53:30 PM »

Must be nice to follow a band with a plan.  Though I can only theorize.

Nobody is holding a gun to your head, forcing you to be here.

Poor you, you are almost as good as Ron in playing pity games  crying

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: