Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:27:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"  (Read 74581 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2015, 01:52:07 PM »

Who here believes Sixx: A.M. can tour constantly for 24 consecutive months?

Some are quick to not believe what Dj says about GN'R, but when he's with Nikki talking about Sixx: A.M. people believe every single word?

Well, there is that ever so sight possibility he's a bit more clued into what's up with this band as opposed to Axl's dysfunctional operation masquerading as a band.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2015, 02:06:10 PM »

This really should come as no surprise. Can?t sit on material for years upon years and expect your ?bandmates? to remain engaged.

Indeed.... not only should it come as no surprise, but no one should really blame D.J. for wanting to go on with his life.  The guy is entitled to one after all, as opposed to allowing a perpetually dormant source to have control over his entire existence and future.
mortismurphy
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2015, 02:11:48 PM »

This really should come as no surprise. Can?t sit on material for years upon years and expect your ?bandmates? to remain engaged.

Indeed.... not only should it come as no surprise, but no one should really blame D.J. for wanting to go on with his life.  The guy is entitled to one after all, as opposed to allowing a perpetually dormant source to have control over his entire existence and future.

This sounds all strikingly familiar stuff, from the mid '90s debates with Slash to Buckethead and Bumblefoot.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2015, 02:17:40 PM »

This sounds all strikingly familiar stuff, from the mid '90s debates with Slash to Buckethead and Bumblefoot.

It's all the same scenario.  People don't want to wait around forever based on what MIGHT happen, as opposed to pursuing something that WILL happen.  It's a waste of a life..... and you only get one.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2015, 02:28:05 PM »

100% agreed.

Axl seems perfectly content to stretch these guy's patience to the breaking point.  And from time to time, guys say "you know what, fuck this".

Its inevitable.

Not that DJ is leaving (but who the hell knows, really) but its impossible to argue Axl is giving him a super compelling reason to make GNR a priority.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2015, 02:57:36 PM »

100% agreed.

Axl seems perfectly content to stretch these guy's patience to the breaking point.  And from time to time, guys say "you know what, fuck this".

Its inevitable.

Not that DJ is leaving (but who the hell knows, really) but its impossible to argue Axl is giving him a super compelling reason to make GNR a priority.

This.  When everyone (sans Axl) has a side project, you run the risk of them really liking their side project, to the point where said side project becomes their main priority, and Guns is relegated to the back of the line.

I don?t think DJ would?ve made his comments without talking (or attempting to talk) with Axl first.  Two years is a long time (and really it?s longer than that because the 2 years hasn?t begun to run yet).  At this point, a reunion (however slim) seems more viable than the current lineup reforming.  Who would?ve thunk it?  And that?s looking at things glass half full.  Glass half empty:  we?re back in 2003.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2015, 03:13:24 PM »

2 things...No way Sixx AM is touring for that long. Its just not doable in todays market. There isn't that big of a demand for them. They would end up losing money. Unless their album explodes(which I highly doubt).

Point 2: With the exception of Axl, I doubt any of the members are millionaires. They all need to be out there making money whenever Axl decides that the band is inactive.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2015, 03:28:34 PM »

An interview with Axl right about now would have been great, just to clear up a few things. People are getting more and more impatient when no info is being delivered.

As far as speculation, I agree with Ow-So's points. I don't think we realistically could see a 24 month stretch of touring from Sixx AM. If Axl wants to tour with small doses of dates spread through the year, I think that could be done in-between the rest of the band's schedules.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2015, 04:05:42 PM »

100% agreed.

Its inevitable.

This.  When everyone (sans Axl) has a side project, you run the risk of them really liking their side project, to the point where said side project becomes their main priority, and Guns is relegated to the back of the line.

I think Guns N Roses is DJ's side project.  Sixx:AM is his band, he has written all of the songs and played on all the records.  He has yet to write one GNR song that we know about.

Nikki Sixx is done with Motley Crue on New Years eve and is highly motivated and inspired by Sixx:AM.  I have no doubt they will do both of these records and embark on a 2 year world tour.  I would imagine there would be a few breaks in there of course.  Putting out 2 records and doing a world tour in a 2 year span is not exactly some kind of feat, a lot of bands I listen to do that stuff all the time.

Put yourself in DJ's shoes.  You have your own band that you started and have put out 3 records and an EP since 2008.  You wrote and play on all of those songs.  You just recently did your first headlining tour and the tour was very well received, Yahoo even did a live stream of one of the shows.  Why would you not continue down that path? 

Also as an added bonus, he gets ridiculed to all hell about everything for being in Guns N Roses.  Fans are pretty brutal with some stuff, don't think he doesn't see at least some of it.  Eventually you have to get a little tired of it.

Sixx AM has a few rock radio hits here in the states, and people genuinely go to the shows to see Sixx AM, not to see a guy who is in Motley Crue and another who is in GNR.  They are building a big fan base on their own merits.

I just hope this doesn't have any negative effect on the GNR plans.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 04:07:43 PM by Bodhi » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2015, 04:10:47 PM »

I really hope we don't take one of our usual convenient misdirection detours and focus on the semantics of DJ saying they will tour for 24 straight months.

And then we spend all of our time talking about that 24 straight month concept and how its possible, not possible, etc.  Like that's the freakin' point here.

The bigger issue, at least as it pertains to GNR fans, is the fact he can so freely say that he's pretty much got his next 2 years open.  

So, instead of focusing on whether Sixx:AM will, quite literally, be touring for 730 days straight, we might have to start wondering what GNR will be doing over that same 730 day period in question.  To touch on what Ginger King just said, you have to think DJ talked to Axl before telling Nikki when he might be available.

Its going to take some pretty willful blindness to argue Axl has all these huge plans at the same time he has no qualms with his lead guitarist telling another outfit his schedule is wide open for years at a time.

Frankly, the most pro-GNR argument you can make is that Axl is moving on without him.  Sucks if you were a big DJ guy, but there is just no rational explanation where Axl can be doing GNR things with him in the fold.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2015, 04:17:12 PM »

I really hope we don't take one of our usual convenient misdirection detours and focus on the semantics of DJ saying they will tour for 24 straight months.

And then we spend all of our time talking about that 24 straight month concept and how its possible, not possible, etc.  Like that's the freakin' point here.

The bigger issue, at least as it pertains to GNR fans, is the fact he can so freely say that he's pretty much got his next 2 years open.  

So, instead of focusing on whether Sixx:AM will, quite literally, be touring for 730 days straight, we might have to start wondering what GNR will be doing over that same 730 day period in question.  To touch on what Ginger King just said, you have to think DJ talked to Axl before telling Nikki when he might be available.

Its going to take some pretty willful blindness to argue Axl has all these huge plans at the same time he has no qualms with his lead guitarist telling another outfit his schedule is wide open for years at a time.

Frankly, the most pro-GNR argument you can make is that Axl is moving on without him.  Sucks if you were a big DJ guy, but there is just no rational explanation where Axl can be doing GNR things with him in the fold.

Sometimes.... I don't agree with you... but on this... I could not agree more...

I don't care about Sixx AM in any way... all I know is... that there seems to be a plan in place for the guy who was playing lead in GNR to be unavailable for two years.

Not to mention the other lead guitar player who has no intention of playing with Axl anymore either.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2015, 04:20:06 PM »

Preach.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2015, 04:20:14 PM »

I don't care about Sixx AM in any way... all I know is... that there seems to be a plan in place for the guy who was playing lead in GNR to be unavailable for two years.

Not to mention the other lead guitar player who has no intention of playing with Axl anymore either.

Pretty much.

I could take or leave DJ, for the most part.  I do find myself defending a him a bit, but only in reaction the (in my view) way over the top hate he gets.

But if Axl replaced him tomorrow with some other guy named Harry, I wouldn't care.  I'd damn sure take that before I took another several year hiatus waiting for DJ Ashba to become available.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2015, 04:21:48 PM »

ummmm...just said that earlier D-Gen,...Guns is Axl...no "band members" at this time....door is wide open....anything any former members say means nothing...whether it is Slash, Bucket, Ron, Tommy, Dj, Duff... the guy who hangs the drapes in the lounge, etc etc....it is dead obvious, the last residency was it for awhile. Analyzing what any of the "family" says is a losing, fruitless battle...."take it for what it is!"...Stay Of Execution...

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2015, 04:23:17 PM »

ummmm...just said that earlier D-Gen,...Guns is Axl...no "band members" at this time....door is wide open....anything any former members say means nothing...whether it is Slash, Bucket, Ron, Tommy, Dj, Duff... the guy who hangs the drapes in the lounge, etc etc....it is dead obvious, the last residency was it for awhile. Analyzing what any of the "family" says is a losing, fruitless battle...."take it for what it is!"...Stay Of Execution...

I'm all in for the Stay of Execution world tour ... no more Guns N roses with Dizzy, Richard and another group of people i've never heard of !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2015, 04:29:49 PM »

it may just be Axl and a combination of pre-recorded spliced together parts from 30 different guitar players, bassists, keys, horns, Traci, Roberta...Zig Zag...ah, fuck it, it will be interesting to see what the next move is.  Kiss

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2015, 04:31:10 PM »

it may just be Axl and a combination of pre-recorded spliced together parts from 30 different guitar players, bassists, keys, horns, Traci, Roberta...Zig Zag...ah, fuck it, it will be interesting to see what the next move is.  Kiss

I'd give anything to see Axl bring back Traci and Roberta... i wonder what they're up to these days !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2015, 04:53:43 PM »

For the longest time DJ has always said gnr was his number 1 priority    The news now that six am will be his number 1 priority is shocking

So two years of his focus on that band plus the year plus of time ready from the bands last show.  Is a real real long time

Then you have supposed band memebers claiming guns isn't there number 1 priority anymore.   

With zero news or info from Axl or his managment.   

I can't see the guns band that played vegas last year every playing again in that forum ever again
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2015, 04:58:14 PM »

For this to be 100% true, wouldn't the premise be that Sixx AM definitely tours 24 months straight, non-stop (or something close to that)?

I know his statement doesn't look too good for the people wanting him to continue with GNR, but I don't think this means it's dead in the water just yet. I can see a scenario where Sixx AM tours 3-4 months in total during a year and this tour starts in Jan 2016 and ends in Jan 2018.

Don't get me wrong, I think there's reason for concern... We are completely in the dark about the state of the band, and it seems many of the band members are as well.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2015, 05:00:24 PM »

Bacon, may be why they got the riaa platinum records in the mail......who knows? Book is wide open. As a fan of all eras, even though liking some former members more than others, I am excited to see what happens next. In the end, if Axl sings and writes the lyrics, I am interested.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: