Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 12:53:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"  (Read 68690 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2015, 05:07:48 PM »

I agree with all of that.

Unfortunately.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2015, 05:10:24 PM »

Ginger, I don't think so.....I think we get another album. Educated Guess...Hypothesis.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2015, 05:14:36 PM »

Ginger, no, I don't think Axl really cares what those guys do at this point. He has a mountain of music to play with, big money options with a reunion. The industry is so wide open at this point that he can sit back and hold his cards. The current band are all professional musicians. They will survive.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2015, 05:18:39 PM »

and for the record, I think Axl cares about all his new guns family members...cares a lot.....but sometimes it is nut cuttin time and you have to sit back and figure out what is best for you and the collective. I think he is doing that right now. My 2 cents.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2015, 05:22:11 PM »

Ginger, I don't think so.....I think we get another album. Educated Guess...Hypothesis.

I hope you?re right, but I just can?t fathom that.  Generally speaking, you need a band to release music.  What label is going to release music under the name of a band that no longer exists or (at best) is on an indefinite leave?  That?s not really a great selling point to promote new material.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2015, 05:25:19 PM »

Nine Inch Nails...everyone has to grasp, at this point, that Guns is Axl just like Nails is Trent. Reality is tough but that is the current situation. I think I am correct in that assumption. No?

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2015, 05:28:54 PM »

Ginger, no, I don't think Axl really cares what those guys do at this point. He has a mountain of music to play with, big money options with a reunion. The industry is so wide open at this point that he can sit back and hold his cards. The current band are all professional musicians. They will survive.

But he's had a mountain of music for how long?  I don't see how current events gets him closer to wanting to release said mountain.  

I agree with you he holds the reunion cards, and maybe that's what got DJ and others out focusing on other things more.  They read the cards and didn't really see themselves in it.    
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2015, 05:45:29 PM »

Well, he is not the first and won't be the last. I really don't care if he shows up again or not.

This.

I don't either, and honestly don't care what SixxAM do, not a fan at all.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:50:58 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2015, 05:48:44 PM »

Speaking truth to power comes with inherent risks.  That's life in the big city.

No a troll agenda comes with negative Karma points here, anyone can look at your post history and see your aim and gameplan.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:26:08 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2015, 07:10:25 PM »

At this point,i say this only as a fan i'd call it that Axl is on a break and that break will last another good year or two then we'll get the reunion,which i'd stake good money on,will happen in fact i'd say the reunion is more likely than any new music
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2015, 08:47:51 PM »

At this point,i say this only as a fan i'd call it that Axl is on a break and that break will last another good year or two then we'll get the reunion,which i'd stake good money on,will happen in fact i'd say the reunion is more likely than any new music

Oh, ho, ho. Ha ha. Wowza!
This one made me laugh.
What's good money and what do you want to put down?
For one thing he hates Slash - fucking hates the dude.
And Adler? He's a freakin' Idiot. Hell, he was an Idiot before drugs destroyed the three or four brain cells he had coming into the world. Axl isn't going to work with him again.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2015, 10:44:25 PM »

Ginger, you have to look at it from Axl's perspetive. He has already won the lottery. He sits on the mountain of vault material because he CAN. That material includes classic lineup stuff, Chinese stuff, live concert recordings, demos, alt takes, etc. Hell, Dylan waited almost 50 years to release all the Basement Tapes. The Stones are just now releasing all the stuff from their legendary years. It is money in the bank for these guys...social security. They wait....it is sad but true for us fans.

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2015, 11:42:32 PM »

Lots of larfs in this thread  Wink
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2015, 01:31:09 AM »

Lots of larfs in this thread  Wink

Damn sure are.

"Shut the fuck up."
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2015, 07:58:15 AM »

Ginger, you have to look at it from Axl's perspetive. He has already won the lottery. He sits on the mountain of vault material because he CAN. That material includes classic lineup stuff, Chinese stuff, live concert recordings, demos, alt takes, etc. Hell, Dylan waited almost 50 years to release all the Basement Tapes. The Stones are just now releasing all the stuff from their legendary years. It is money in the bank for these guys...social security. They wait....it is sad but true for us fans.

Sky Dog.. I think you could be on to something. He is probably re thinking all of his options. It would just be such a shame if songs never see the light of day because of more lineup changes or him just deciding not to share.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2015, 09:19:48 AM »

He is going to share....just not as quickly as we want.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2015, 10:05:49 AM »

Exactly. Axl isn't an up and comer looking to make a name for himself. He's earned the right to work at his own pace, excrutiating as it may be. We don't have to like it, but that's the way it is.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2015, 10:08:57 AM »

This one made me laugh.
And Adler? He's a freakin' Idiot. Hell, he was an Idiot before drugs destroyed the three or four brain cells he had coming into the world. Axl isn't going to work with him again.

I'm right with you.

I continually shake my head when people try and spin that Axl's laziness and procrastination is somehow a clue that a reunion is on his mind.  He hasn't been clear on that?

I don't see that at all.  Sometimes, a guy is just a lazy procrastinator.  Its not necessarily because he has all these other plans in mind.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2015, 10:22:59 AM »

This one made me laugh.

I'm right with you.

I continually shake my head when people try and spin that Axl's laziness and procrastination is somehow a clue that a reunion is on his mind.  He hasn't been clear on that?

I don't see that at all.  Sometimes, a guy is just a lazy procrastinator.  Its not necessarily because he has all these other plans in mind.

You have zero proof for the derogatory claims and labels of "laziness" or "procrastinator" because you are not privvy to any real knowledge or interaction.

You are still attempting to push Troll gospel here.

"Shut the fuck up."
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2015, 10:29:43 AM »

Exactly. Axl isn't an up and comer looking to make a name for himself. He's earned the right to work at his own pace, excrutiating as it may be. We don't have to like it, but that's the way it is.

That?s all possible?he could be re-tooling the brand, getting ready for the next big thing (Round 2?), and still have the passion and desire to release music that?s already recorded.  It?s also possible he has very seriously thought about it and decided it?s not worth the headache and heartache.  He didn?t really seem to like the release process of CD, and maybe to him it?s not going through another painful process.  We don?t know because we have nothing to go on?so it?s just a function of what you believe based on the limited information we have.

Also, I?m not sure I?m buying the he?s sitting on this mountain of music because it?s a gold mine.  By all indications, CDII sounds similar to CD, which didn?t exactly reap huge economic profits.  The big bucks are in a reunion?not in CDII, IMO.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: