Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:48:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"  (Read 68747 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2015, 09:35:47 PM »

That's a very ambitious plan. We'll see if they can follow through on it. Not many bands are releasing 3 albums in 2 years and touring all the while.

He says they have written 24 songs already.  They think they will have over 30 songs when they are done.

Yeah it's not THAT ambitious of a plan.  Green Day put out 3 albums in 3 months in 2012 and released a documentary and demo album the following year along with extensive touring.  That was in spite of Billie Joe Armstrong going to rehab for a few months during all of it.

Tom Delonge is putting  out 4 albums (2 solo and 2 Angels and Airwaves) and is also putting out a comic book series and co writing 15 novels with NY times best selling authors, all within the next year.  He is also in DC right now making a NASA documentary.  This is all after the  5 albums , 3 Ava and 2 blink he has put out since  2011 all with extensive touring.

Look at all the projects people like Dave Grohl are involved in at all times.

Point is I don't see how some are finding the Sixx Am plan unrealistic.  With all the modern technology we have artists are really branching out and creating all types of art in short periods of time and are able to make it readily available to us instantly.
My point seems to have been missed. I'm in no way saying it's impossible for them to release 3 albums in 2 years. I'm simply questioning whether the demand will be there from the public to make those 3 albums and 2 years of touring profitable. It could, but I'm not completely sold on it. I have no doubt they have the songs written and they'll release the 2 albums at the very least. They've proven to be a productive band while it's been more of a side project, so I fully expect them to pump out new music with no problem.

Dave Grohl and Green Day can pull off 2 year tours with no issues whatsoever. Sixx:A.M. is not at their level. Halestorm is a closer comparison. So if they're getting it done, I suppose Sixx:A.M. can. We'll see.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2015, 09:57:48 PM »

Does any one want to speculate on why Axl Rose might be choosing to sit on the sidelines right now?

Derrrr The band is currently on hiatus, he is entitled to his privacy without some forum idiots saying "he is on the sidelines" simply because they don't know what he is up to or currently working on. :idiotemoticon:

Roll Eyes
Yes, well why is Axl Rose choosing to be on hiatus now?
Dj was hired as a guitarist and songwriter... six years ago... and has yet to collaborate on a new song with Axl Rose.
Now, seems like a weird time to shut the operation down if you're serious about making music together.
With two SixxA.M. albums since Dj joined GNR, and three more on the way, it makes me wonder... why Axl Rose might be choosing to sit on the sidelines right now?
Sorry, if I want to discuss Guns N' Roses on a Guns N' Roses discussion forum. crying

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2015, 11:06:47 PM »

Does any one want to speculate on why Axl Rose might be choosing to sit on the sidelines right now?

Loss of fire / interest in the material, for the current personnel, for enduring the risk of putting it out there.  Some combination of such.

It's not all a masterplan or a guy biding his time, waiting for the opportune moment.  Its an overall lack of interest in the process.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2015, 11:26:06 PM »

Derrrr The band is currently on hiatus, he is entitled to his privacy without some forum idiots saying "he is on the sidelines" simply because they don't know what he is up to or currently working on. :idiotemoticon:

Roll Eyes
Yes, well why is Axl Rose choosing to be on hiatus now?
Dj was hired as a guitarist and songwriter... six years ago... and has yet to collaborate on a new song with Axl Rose.
Now, seems like a weird time to shut the operation down if you're serious about making music together.
With two SixxA.M. albums since Dj joined GNR, and three more on the way, it makes me wonder... why Axl Rose might be choosing to sit on the sidelines right now?
Sorry, if I want to discuss Guns N' Roses on a Guns N' Roses discussion forum. crying

Proof for the claims you are making or STFU, proof for "yet to collaborate".

Band is on hiatus, new album is being worked on- sorry nobody calls in to update you personally on progress and plans.

When there is something to be announced, it will be announced. Do you need an explanation of that or a translation?

You apparently know zip about the industry and all involved processes, maybe you and Dgenx can have a poseur convention.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:31:08 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2015, 11:27:45 PM »

Loss of fire / interest in the material, for the current personnel, for enduring the risk of putting it out there.  Some combination of such.

It's not all a masterplan or a guy biding his time, waiting for the opportune moment.  Its an overall lack of interest in the process.

Pure speculation and guesses on your part, please do not state your opinion as fact.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2015, 11:54:10 PM »

Pure speculation and guesses on your part, please do not state your opinion as fact.

It stands up more than the alternative ever could.

He's super excited about this material...he's just been sitting on it for over a decade.

He's super excited about his current personnel...he just hasn't written or recorded anything with them in 9 years.

He's super excited about getting a product out there...he just takes no steps to bring that about.

What's the alternative?  All of that is totally happening, you just don't know "the facts", ingrateful fake fan?

If that's the spin you need to put on it, hey...salud.  I require no such coping mechanism.  And as the years pass, fewer seem to cling to such concepts.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2015, 12:22:49 AM »

It stands up more than the alternative ever could.

He's super excited about this material...he's just been sitting on it for over a decade.

He's super excited about his current personnel...he just hasn't written or recorded anything with them in 9 years.

He's super excited about getting a product out there...he just takes no steps to bring that about.

What's the alternative?  All of that is totally happening, you just don't know "the facts", ingrateful fake fan?

If that's the spin you need to put on it, hey...salud.  I require no such coping mechanism.  And as the years pass, fewer seem to cling to such concepts.

It's far from "a coping mechanism" what is there to cope with?

I forgot, poor you, you take all this so personally and feel the need to whine incessantly  crying

When there is something to announce it will be announced, not a difficult concept to understand when you have a life and aren't attempting to try and impress strangers on a message board with all your "deep" and "insightful" bullshit in order to try and valudate your little life.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2015, 12:31:14 AM »

Looking for a good spin to put on a bad situation.  You think its the duty of a fan to never point out anything negative, even if true, because its better to lie to yourself.  And, whenever possible, try and chide other fans into joining you on that flight of fancy.

Ron leaving the band : not a great indicator things are in the offing.

DJ saying he can focus on another band for up to 2 years : not a great indicator things are in the offing.

Richard focusing on other projects, and lapsing back into "I haven't heard from that camp in a while" mode : not a great indicator things are in the offing.

These are observations about facts on the ground.  When you don't like the sound of it, you either ignore it totally, or put a misdirectional spin about how real fans are patient and you sure had a swell time at your last gig attended.

Its coping, straight up.  You think its your duty, and that you are in some way a better fan for deflecting in such a manner.  That's the spin you have put on the matter.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2015, 12:56:07 AM »

Looking for a good spin to put on a bad situation.  You think its the duty of a fan to never point out anything negative, even if true, because its better to lie to yourself.  And, whenever possible, try and chide other fans into joining you on that flight of fancy.

Ron leaving the band : not a great indicator things are in the offing.

DJ saying he can focus on another band for up to 2 years : not a great indicator things are in the offing.

Richard focusing on other projects, and lapsing back into "I haven't heard from that camp in a while" mode : not a great indicator things are in the offing.

These are observations about facts on the ground.  When you don't like the sound of it, you either ignore it totally, or put a misdirectional spin about how real fans are patient and you sure had a swell time at your last gig attended.

Its coping, straight up.  You think its your duty, and that you are in some way a better fan for deflecting in such a manner.  That's the spin you have put on the matter.

Oh look, more invented bullshit on your part, why am I not surprised?

Nobody feels as if it is a "duty" being delusional is your special power eh?

What is very amusing is you attempting to draw conclusions when you don't have all the facts- why is it so impossible for you to wait on official announcements? 

You should apply for the position of town crier  crying

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2015, 01:03:58 AM »

What is very amusing is you attempting to draw conclusions when you don't have all the facts- why is it so impossible for you to wait on official announcements? 

We are, but people are going to talk while they wait.  Way of the world.

There is only harm in such if you choose to be outraged by it for whatever reason.

Take a fan of some TV show drama.  Should people just shut up and wait for the next episode to air?  Or are they likely to talk about what might be coming between seasons?

Fans passing the time.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2015, 01:16:43 AM »

We are, but people are going to talk while they wait.  Way of the world.

There is only harm in such if you choose to be outraged by it for whatever reason.

Take a fan of some TV show drama.  Should people just shut up and wait for the next episode to air?  Or are they likely to talk about what might be coming between seasons?

Fans passing the time.

That's exactly what I'm doing, I simply refuse to buy into the concocted garbage and supposition.

Opinions and facts are very different things. Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2015, 01:23:53 AM »

That's exactly what I'm doing, I simply refuse to buy into the concocted garbage and supposition.

Ron leaving is not supposition.  It's not opinion.  It's a thing that happened.

DJ going all in with Sixx:AM is not supposition.  It's not opinion.  It's a thing that happened.

Richard doing a side project and saying "I have not heard from that camp in awhile".  It's not supposition.  It's not opinion.  It's a thing that happened.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2015, 01:41:16 AM »

DJ going all in with Sixx:AM is not supposition.  It's not opinion.  It's a thing that happened.

Richard doing a side project and saying "I have not heard from that camp in awhile".  It's not supposition.  It's not opinion.  It's a thing that happened.

So you know beyond a fact that Ron left permanently, interesting- official source please.

Not saying those quotes are opinion, I'm saying YOU taking them and grandstanding your little drama queen act is ridiculous and meritless because you don't have ALL the facts.

Capice'?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 01:44:05 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2015, 07:53:18 AM »

Yeah... Emily or whoever can copy n paste their "live ur life" Axl quote a million times...but there is nothing really good about the current "hiatus" (GNR message boards have made me despise that word haha) and the information we have about and from all three of the guitar players.

It's not trying to be negative about the situation...it's just the way it is.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2015, 09:11:31 AM »

Not saying those quotes are opinion, I'm saying YOU taking them and grandstanding your little drama queen act is ridiculous and meritless because you don't have ALL the facts.

"Ignore everything you see and hear that casts major questions on the future, short and long term.  Assume there is completely unverifiable stuff going on behind the scenes that is all going 180 degrees differently with what can be seen and heard and trust everything is on track".

Sorry, but that's not a credible position.  That's something a willfully blind and increasingly desperate person tells themselves.

Don't really have a use for it, personally.  If you do, that's your deal.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 09:13:36 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2015, 09:13:19 AM »

Yeah... Emily or whoever can copy n paste their "live ur life" Axl quote a million times...but there is nothing really good about the current "hiatus" (GNR message boards have made me despise that word haha) and the information we have about and from all three of the guitar players.

It's not trying to be negative about the situation...it's just the way it is.

I don't think anyone is saying this is a total death knell.

But, yeah, as you say, look at all the recent info that's come down the pike since the tour ended 13 months ago.  It all goes one way, and that way is not promising.

There's really not even one of a list of things that looks like it might be encouraging.  All the news is bad.

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2015, 11:49:30 AM »

Maybe this is it. Out with a whimper instead of a bang.

At least we'll have the memories.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2015, 12:11:05 PM »

but there is nothing really good about the current "hiatus"

Yeah, well I do remember reading comments about the pointless touring....

So rejoice! Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2015, 12:26:12 PM »

Maybe this is it. Out with a whimper instead of a bang.

At least we'll have the memories.

Could be.

Others have certainly suggested this for years.  That whenever Axl did decide to ride off into the sunset, it wouldn't be with any big fanfare.

He just wouldn't do anything for awhile, and people would just figure it out.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2015, 12:56:21 PM »

but there is nothing really good about the current "hiatus"

Yeah, well I do remember reading comments about the pointless touring....

So rejoice! Wink

/jarmo

Well those kind of complaints as foolish as they may be, really have nothing to do with the issues at hand here.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: