Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:18:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Can we put the name issue to bed...the man's words
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can we put the name issue to bed...the man's words  (Read 33918 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2015, 09:20:58 AM »

Then let's take the name Slash out of the equation.  Answer this for me:

A member of the Appetite for Destruction era Guns N' Roses participates in a late night talk show.  Are they a sell out for participating? 

A simple yes or no will suffice. 

No.

I never claimed anybody sold out!  rofl

I don't really have issues with people appearing in adverts or selling their songs for them. Not a problem.

Like I've repeated numerous times, I only pointed out WHY some think your guitar hero isn't exactly the poster boy for integrity for some fans.  ok

/jarmo

Right?you?re enlightening us as to why some people think Slash is a sellout, money-grubbing whore, but that?s not what you think.  You?re just providing us insight into the psyche of the anti-Slash fan?which again, is not you.  Got it.  ok
mortismurphy
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2015, 09:37:19 AM »

A member of the Appetite for Destruction era Guns N' Roses participates in a late night talk show.  Are they a sell out for participating? 

No.

I don't really have issues with people appearing in adverts or selling their songs for them. Not a problem.

Like I've repeated numerous times, I only pointed out WHY some think your guitar hero isn't exactly the poster boy for integrity for some fans.  ok

/jarmo

Guitar Hero? Didn't Axl sign off the music to be played on Guitar Hero? I am not a fan of the Guitar Hero either but it seems both Axl and Slash signed off on the music.

One law for Axl here, one other for Slash.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2015, 10:15:25 AM »

Right?you?re enlightening us as to why some people think Slash is a sellout, money-grubbing whore, but that?s not what you think.  You?re just providing us insight into the psyche of the anti-Slash fan?which again, is not you.  Got it.  ok

Exactly.

I'm not a fan of his, so whatever he does doesn't really concern me. I'm a fan of his work in GN'R though.
It's like Joe Perry. I like Aerosmith, but if Joe Perry wants to sell hot sauce, it's his choice. Smiley

Guitar Hero? Didn't Axl sign off the music to be played on Guitar Hero? I am not a fan of the Guitar Hero either but it seems both Axl and Slash signed off on the music.

The comedy hits just keep coming. Cheesy

Maybe you mean "one law for Axl who doesn't do a lot of publicity to promote himself and one for a person who does almost everything to promote himself"? Wink

Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2015, 10:55:15 AM »

No.

/jarmo

Sigh... now I remember why I stopped coming here and frequent MyGNR more.  I guess at least we established that going on a late night talk show is permissible by all. 

mortismurphy
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2015, 11:15:34 AM »

Exactly.

I'm not a fan of his, so whatever he does doesn't really concern me. I'm a fan of his work in GN'R though.
It's like Joe Perry. I like Aerosmith, but if Joe Perry wants to sell hot sauce, it's his choice. Smiley

The comedy hits just keep coming. Cheesy

Maybe you mean "one law for Axl who doesn't do a lot of publicity to promote himself and one for a person who does almost everything to promote himself"? Wink

Tongue

/jarmo

I assumed that was a slight against Guitar Hero before. Now before GN'R music could be included on Guitar Hero, a person called W Axl Rose must have signed off on the music to be included. Presumably then he had no problems allowing a computer game to use gnr music.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2015, 11:24:38 AM »

Sigh... now I remember why I stopped coming here and frequent MyGNR more.  I guess at least we established that going on a late night talk show is permissible by all. 

Because I'm not allowed to make a little joke on your behalf? Cheesy

I assumed that was a slight against Guitar Hero before. Now before GN'R music could be included on Guitar Hero, a person called W Axl Rose must have signed off on the music to be included. Presumably then he had no problems allowing a computer game to use gnr music.

You can't take everything so seriously.

It was a few words making light fun of a person who was on the box of a video game as a character as well as being a guitar hero to some.
Simple really..

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2015, 12:40:04 PM »

It was a few words making light fun of a person who was on the box of a video game as a character as well as being a guitar hero to some.
Simple really..

/jarmo

We can dance this dance all day...wasn't Axl a character voice for Grand Theft Auto?  Does he lose integrity for that? [cue: but Slash has done more].  Do you understand why some people (not me) would have a similar conclusion about Axl as you say they do about Slash?

Of course, Slash is out in the public more.  That's not really up for debate.  But, he has more product to sell.  He's releasing albums, and with that goes along the marketing aspect.  I submit it would be really weird if Slash was doing this stuff without an album or tour to sell. 

I would hope that Axl, if and when a new album comes out, would take a more pro-active approach with the marketing of it.  Seeing him stand behind it and get back in the spotlight would do wonders.  I'm not saying do a duet with Fergie...but Lizzy Hale???
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2015, 01:22:52 PM »

to be fair I think Slash needs to do more things to promote his brand than Axl has to do to promote GNR.

I can understand sometimes it has nothing to do with the Rock N'Roll way of life medias tries to sell to
teenagers, but well, every adult knows it's bullshit for a large part anyway.

so yeah, cynical years, business take-over, lawyers & less money, industry mutation and Taylor Swift.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
mortismurphy
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2015, 02:36:56 PM »

Simple really..

/jarmo

You mean comedic jokes aimed at rocks artists are actually permitted here (so long as you are talking about Slash)? Why all the solemness and nervous tension concerning the red head then?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2015, 04:37:54 PM »

We can dance this dance all day...wasn't Axl a character voice for Grand Theft Auto?  Does he lose integrity for that? [cue: but Slash has done more].  Do you understand why some people (not me) would have a similar conclusion about Axl as you say they do about Slash?

Do I understand it? Not really. I mean, then you're pretty hardcore if you think Axl is some kind of "sell out". Considering how selective he is about what he takes part in.
Kinda like people who thought Metallica sold out when they made a music video.

Of course, Slash is out in the public more.  That's not really up for debate.  But, he has more product to sell.  He's releasing albums, and with that goes along the marketing aspect.  I submit it would be really weird if Slash was doing this stuff without an album or tour to sell.

Sometimes it's difficult to tell though. Promoting the paperback release of his book? Animal campaign just in time for something else?

You mean comedic jokes aimed at rocks artists are actually permitted here (so long as you are talking about Slash)? Why all the solemness and nervous tension concerning the red head then?

Like I said, you're funny.
You should be the last to question this site considering all the garbage you post about GN'R.

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2015, 06:33:31 PM »

How by the way can you not be a fan of Slash when he contributed so much to the songs of the band you claim to follow? From Appetite for Democracy which is a good indicator of the most recent setlist, Slash co-wrote nine songs and wrote the lead guitar lines for a further seven songs on top of those nine. 16/25. Boy you must really like the CD songs and nu band covers/solo songs a lot.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2015, 07:33:35 PM »

Haha k.... got it  Roll Eyes

Good luck with the site Jarmo.  I am sure it will be booming here once your employer Axl decides to release those "two or three albums" worth of material they have lying around.   ok
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2015, 09:49:08 PM »

How by the way can you not be a fan of Slash when he contributed so much to the songs of the band you claim to follow?

Cus of divorce?

Nikki's songs (the band, motley crue) often get associated with Vince. Just saying.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 02:25:11 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2015, 10:32:42 PM »

Simple really..

/jarmo

I would hope that Axl, if and when a new album comes out, would take a more pro-active approach with the marketing of it.  Seeing him stand behind it and get back in the spotlight would do wonders.  I'm not saying do a duet with Fergie...but Lizzy Hale???
I think the only reason people call Axl a "sellout" is because people call Slash that. I could be wrong, but I don't think many people outside of GNR message boards are talking about Axl being a sellout for being DJ Tommy K, or whoever the hell he was on GTA. Or for doing an ad that aired primarily in Brazil during the World Cup for Budweiser. Because very few people outside of these boards knows or cares that he did those things. I'm sure they also have bigger complaints about him. Him being a sellout is probably way down low on their list.

On the flip side, most people do know that Slash was the face of Guitar Hero and that he's performed with anyone who asks him. I think it's a weak argument to try and defend Slash. He's doing quite well on his own. He's having fun, and seems fine with the career choices he's made. So why the need to keep score? Anyone who questions Slash, needs to be reminded of Axl's faults and we go through this, "yeah, well he did this, so he's worse" routine.  no

Ah, whatever. Some things will never change. Have at it!

And before people misconstrue things. It obviously does work both ways. People tear down one to build up the other. It's tiresome, predictable, and boring. But I guess that's just the way it is.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:47:04 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2015, 03:27:50 AM »

How by the way can you not be a fan of Slash when he contributed so much to the songs of the band you claim to follow? From Appetite for Democracy which is a good indicator of the most recent setlist, Slash co-wrote nine songs and wrote the lead guitar lines for a further seven songs on top of those nine. 16/25. Boy you must really like the CD songs and nu band covers/solo songs a lot.

Hahahahaha.

I won't even try to explain this to you.
Since I already explained it in my earlier post. If you had actually read it properly instead of jumping to silly conclusions you would've saved some precious time instead of making the above post!  ok

Good luck with the site Jarmo.  I am sure it will be booming here once your employer Axl decides to release those "two or three albums" worth of material they have lying around.   ok

Thanks.  ok

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2015, 07:10:12 AM »

Simple really..

/jarmo

I think the only reason people call Axl a "sellout" is because people call Slash that. I could be wrong, but I don't think many people outside of GNR message boards are talking about Axl being a sellout for being DJ Tommy K, or whoever the hell he was on GTA. Or for doing an ad that aired primarily in Brazil during the World Cup for Budweiser. Because very few people outside of these boards knows or cares that he did those things. I'm sure they also have bigger complaints about him. Him being a sellout is probably way down low on their list.

On the flip side, most people do know that Slash was the face of Guitar Hero and that he's performed with anyone who asks him. I think it's a weak argument to try and defend Slash. He's doing quite well on his own. He's having fun, and seems fine with the career choices he's made. So why the need to keep score? Anyone who questions Slash, needs to be reminded of Axl's faults and we go through this, "yeah, well he did this, so he's worse" routine.  no

And before people misconstrue things. It obviously does work both ways. People tear down one to build up the other. It's tiresome, predictable, and boring. But I guess that's just the way it is.

Nice post...I agree that, to the general public, no one is saying, "man, Axl is really over-exposed."  To the contrary, most people are probably wondering where is he.

Yes, obviously when comparing the two, Slash has done far more things in the public realm.  It's just mildly annoying for people to ignore that Axl has done some of the same stuff, although he gets a pass because he's done less of it.  Really, it's not about what's being done, but who it's being done by.  Arguably, DJ does a ton of promotion and endorsements for various products.  That doesn't seem to be too much of an issue here.  I get it.
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2015, 07:31:46 AM »

Can we put the name issue to bed?

7 pages later...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2015, 10:16:09 AM »

Simple really..

/jarmo

Nice post...I agree that, to the general public, no one is saying, "man, Axl is really over-exposed."  To the contrary, most people are probably wondering where is he.

Yes, obviously when comparing the two, Slash has done far more things in the public realm.  It's just mildly annoying for people to ignore that Axl has done some of the same stuff, although he gets a pass because he's done less of it.  Really, it's not about what's being done, but who it's being done by.  Arguably, DJ does a ton of promotion and endorsements for various products.  That doesn't seem to be too much of an issue here.  I get it.
I think Slash takes more heat because he's already a household name, so maybe people feel he doesn't need to overexpose himself. Whereas a guy like DJ Ashba doesn't have anywhere near the name recognition, so people give him a pass.

Slash did what he had to do to stay relevant after leaving GNR, and he did a good job of it. I just think some people wish he'd be a little more selective with his choices. And on the flip side, people wish Axl put himself out there more. They're going to do what they're comfortable with though, regardless of what the public thinks is right or wrong.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2015, 06:08:21 PM »

Good luck with the site Jarmo.  I am sure it will be booming here once your employer Axl decides to release those "two or three albums" worth of material they have lying around.   ok

Jarmo's the man. Not sure why people are surprised that he sticks up for his friends.  Axl is also the man, those albums will come out, and they will be awesome. Anyone is of course free to disagree, but that's just my two cents. I think once the next album is released us fans will be so happy about it that we will get along better for a while and I'm really looking forward to being here and being a part of all that.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #139 on: July 04, 2015, 09:52:51 AM »

I doubt that Rudy....it will be even worse after the album comes out. Undecided

and the most recent discussion about Axl/Slash has zero to do with why I started the topic...lock it!  hihi

ps....let's be honest, anyone who signs with a major label has sold out. They are all in the business to make money...some just like money and exposure more than others.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:25:39 AM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: