Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:40:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  In a perfect world, what would the ideal situation be?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: In a perfect world, what would the ideal situation be?  (Read 59720 times)
mortismurphy
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2015, 04:38:13 AM »

go get em girl....quid pro quo I say. I honestly don't get their point of view either. These clowns have the balls to criticize a guy who is INFINITELY more succesful than they EVER will be. Let the man run his business as he chooses. It really is end of discussion. If he wants to retire, he has the right as he has earned it. If he wants to work again, let him work. Hell, how many people do you see criticize Jim Brown for retiring too soon? The man did his time, made his mark, and moved on. It is perplexing how much time and energy people put in to worrying about what someone else is doing.  Huh

Bit of a bold statement unless you know the personal history of everybody here. You could be talking to people who are at the very pinnacle of their chosen field here for all you know.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2015, 07:49:00 AM »

go get em girl....quid pro quo I say. I honestly don't get their point of view either. These clowns have the balls to criticize a guy who is INFINITELY more succesful than they EVER will be. Let the man run his business as he chooses. It really is end of discussion. If he wants to retire, he has the right as he has earned it. If he wants to work again, let him work. Hell, how many people do you see criticize Jim Brown for retiring too soon? The man did his time, made his mark, and moved on. It is perplexing how much time and energy people put in to worrying about what someone else is doing.  Huh

Bit of a bold statement unless you know the personal history of everybody here. You could be talking to people who are at the very pinnacle of their chosen field here for all you know.

It's a deflection tactic and a statement with no practical application to the issue being discussed.

If there was a relevant fact based counter argument to be made, there would be.  When that's not present, you get this sort of thing.

Next, he'll be telling us how our momma so fat.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2015, 10:18:27 AM »

...deflection my ass.

I state facts. You live in a make believe "shoulda coulda" "if this, then that" playground world. If you get your rocks off doing that, have fun jerking Mortis off across the pond.  hihi

Have a nice Sunday!

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2015, 12:10:14 PM »

Don't try to explain to the self proclaimed experts that they're wrong.  hihi

Isn't it obvious they're the best at knowing how to manage, promote a major band and so on?

By the way, of course they never claimed to be experts or know it all. It's how you act, not always what you say. Wink

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 12:40:13 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2015, 01:04:57 PM »

...deflection my ass.

I state facts. You live in a make believe "shoulda coulda" "if this, then that" playground world. If you get your rocks off doing that, have fun jerking Mortis off across the pond.  hihi

Have a nice Sunday!

Haha! They will go to extraordinary lengths to attempt to defend their idiotic tactics and narrative, while attempting to be witty and amusing- failing miserably on all fronts.

The "should" and "needs" are hilariously a result of their misplaced entitlement issues and their inherent need to try and impress others online. It is equally as amusing when they try and play the poor, abused victim. hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2015, 01:06:40 PM »

Oh please, save your fairy tale nonsense for DGenX, you two seem to enjoy inventing delusions.

"Shut the fuck up."
mortismurphy
« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2015, 02:11:34 PM »

Oh please, save your fairy tale nonsense for DGenX, you two seem to enjoy inventing delusions.

How is it a delusion? Sky stated Axl is ''INFINITELY more succesful than they EVER will be''. I do not see how that can be fairly stated as certifiable fact without a detailed life history of each individual poster it is applied to. That is assuming we have established certain quantifiable rules for measuring 'success' in the first place. For all you know, some of us could be top lawyers, successful business owners, top athletes, etc.

Of course, the original poster could have meant ''INFINITELY more succesful than they EVER will be as rock acts'' which is fair enough: none of us here are (probably) Mick Jagger!

...deflection my ass.

Have a nice Sunday!

I have always believed you have won the argument the moment the opposition retorts to crass pejorative comments. Emily loses nearly every one in such a manner.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2015, 02:48:47 PM »

The Ideal situation for me would to be in Seaclose Park on the Isle of Wight, waiting for GnfR to hit the stage. Living 2 miles from the venue has seen me hear Blur and the Prodigy headline for the past couple of nights. Today I have seen Fleetwood Mac come in by helicopter, so close I could see Mick Fleetwood and one of the women. For Years I hoped that Axl would pay a visit to Festival Island, heres hoping for next year... yes
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2015, 11:44:12 PM »

How is it a delusion? Sky stated Axl is ''INFINITELY more succesful than they EVER will be''. I do not see how that can be fairly stated as certifiable fact without a detailed life history of each individual poster it is applied to. That is assuming we have established certain quantifiable rules for measuring 'success' in the first place. For all you know, some of us could be top lawyers, successful business owners, top athletes, etc.

Of course, the original poster could have meant ''INFINITELY more succesful than they EVER will be as rock acts'' which is fair enough: none of us here are (probably) Mick Jagger!

...deflection my ass.

Have a nice Sunday!

I have always believed you have won the argument the moment the opposition retorts to crass pejorative comments. Emily loses nearly every one in such a manner.

Keep on inventing imaginary scenarios In your warped head.

I feel very safe in saying  that I seriously doubt whether the circle jerk of complainers and crybabies here has anywhere remotely close to the success that GNR enjoys.

"Shut the fuck up."
mortismurphy
« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2015, 06:45:24 AM »

...deflection my ass.

Have a nice Sunday!

I feel very safe in saying  that I seriously doubt whether the circle jerk of complainers and crybabies here has anywhere remotely close to the success that GNR enjoys.

If your only defense for the current situation with gnr is, to attack the other person personally whenever they point this out, then that just shows how indefensible gnr are.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2015, 08:48:18 AM »

I think you are all insane.

Smiley

I have nothing else to contribute....It's the same shit all the time.

Wish there was something of substance to look at it, hopefully soon.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2015, 04:44:01 PM »

...deflection my ass.

Have a nice Sunday!

If your only defense for the current situation with gnr is, to attack the other person personally whenever they point this out, then that just shows how indefensible gnr are.

I have no need to "defend" GNR, they have done nothing wrong and are on hiatus at present.

You are a very twisted, negative and confused little person.

Please go infect a AC/DC forum and spread your toxic idiocy there.

"Shut the fuck up."
mortismurphy
« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2015, 05:30:43 PM »

...deflection my ass.

Have a nice Sunday!

I have no need to "defend" GNR, they have done nothing wrong and are on hiatus at present.

You are a very twisted, negative and confused little person.

Please go infect a AC/DC forum and spread your toxic idiocy there.

We seem to have radically different opinions on just what constitutes a 'twisted and negative' person since you are about the most twisted and negative person I have seen on the internet.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2015, 08:03:00 PM »

It's totally meaningless.

Whether I am a world renowned brain surgeon, or a guy washing windshields at red lights...so what?  I'm neither, obviously, but what would it matter?

How is that the rebuttal of an easily proven premise that a rock star has not made great use of his time over the years?  Connect those dots for me.

Its just deflection, as I said.  And another way to dress us the same concept : stop pointing out inconvenient shit.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #174 on: June 16, 2015, 10:00:52 AM »

It's totally meaningless.

Whether I am a world renowned brain surgeon, or a guy washing windshields at red lights...so what?  I'm neither, obviously, but what would it matter?

How is that the rebuttal of an easily proven premise that a rock star has not made great use of his time over the years?  Connect those dots for me.

Its just deflection, as I said.  And another way to dress us the same concept : stop pointing out inconvenient shit.

I think the argument is always thats its Axls time....   

So as "we" may see those years when Axl was in his mid 30's to mid 40's as "lost" years.  Axl himslef could be very proud of those years and got exacttly what he wanted out of them.

Personally, I see those years of his life, as the perfect time to pump out records and tour the crap out of the world with the greatest guns line up ever (early 2000s).

But for all I know, Axl is very happy with what he did and where he is in life..   So if that is the case, in no way is it a waste
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #175 on: June 16, 2015, 10:22:22 AM »

So as "we" may see those years when Axl was in his mid 30's to mid 40's as "lost" years.  Axl himslef could be very proud of those years and got exacttly what he wanted out of them.

He sure doesn't talk like it was a mardi gras though, does he?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2015, 10:51:52 AM »

He sure doesn't talk like it was a mardi gras though, does he?

You don't seem to like when it's pointed out to you that not everything is about releasing material. Plenty of bands and artists "retired" after experiencing either professional and/or personal difficulties.

In other words, you don't think it's a valid point to make that Axl did manage to get through things most people never have to deal with on that level.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:59:19 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #177 on: June 16, 2015, 10:54:31 AM »

In other words, you don't think it's a valid point to make that Axl did manage to get through things most people never have to deal with on that level.

I think its a pretty big stretch to take a guy that used terms like "the worst year of my life" and try and spin "well, whatever he was up to, at least he was having fun."

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2015, 11:00:31 AM »

I'm not saying anything about having fun.

I made the argument that if you had the worst year of your life, and you managed to get through it, that's a win. It doesn't matter who you are.
It's not about releasing music.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:02:52 AM by jarmo » Logged

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2015, 11:04:38 AM »

Axl could have just cashed his chips in like Kurt Cobain did..... Undecided

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: