Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:25:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba fights with random dude
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba fights with random dude  (Read 23296 times)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2015, 06:29:18 PM »

I have mixed emotions about DJ, one part of me find him cool as F, the other
side regrets he's so much the fruit of the capitalistic world we live in today.

I mean, everytime I see the guy, I know he wants to sell me something.
I know you have to these days, but it's kinda too cynical for me maybe.

but in terms of playing, he's doing the job.
and it's a huge Robin amateur who says it, so...

curious to see what he wrotes with Axl.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2015, 07:24:16 PM »

Will we ever find out though?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2015, 10:49:36 PM »

I have never heard or never read anything saying that DJ and Axl wrote anything together

What I did read was DJ saying he wrote some material for guns and sent some tracks to Axl

If I were to bet on anything.  I would say that those tracks are still in shape as when DJ passed them to Axl.  I highly doubt they have any vocal work on them
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2015, 10:54:12 AM »

I have never heard or never read anything saying that DJ and Axl wrote anything together

What I did read was DJ saying he wrote some material for guns and sent some tracks to Axl

If I were to bet on anything.  I would say that those tracks are still in shape as when DJ passed them to Axl.  I highly doubt they have any vocal work on them

Agreed all around.

I doubt we ever see anything the two do together.

Some of his cut and pasted riffs over top of Bucket/Finck songs is about all we are going to get, I imagine.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
DeN
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2015, 02:23:02 PM »

?Coming into this, I wasn?t coming in just to play guitar; I?m coming in as a songwriter. Obviously, I?m a producer [as well].
I?m not saying I?m gonna produce a Guns record or whatever? But I?m really excited about the future, because the sky?s the limit."

you don't go public and say that sort of things if you're not hired as a songwriter  by Axl.
OR you're completely dumb.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2015, 02:26:48 PM »

?Coming into this, I wasn?t coming in just to play guitar; I?m coming in as a songwriter. Obviously, I?m a producer [as well].
I?m not saying I?m gonna produce a Guns record or whatever? But I?m really excited about the future, because the sky?s the limit."

you don't go public and say that sort of things if you're not hired as a songwriter  by Axl.

Its a consequence free statement though.  Its just rah-rah bullshit.

Anyone that truly believed that was a real thing would be asking a full 6 years later what the fucking deal is.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2015, 02:29:05 PM »

Its a consequence free statement though.  Its just rah-rah bullshit.

Anyone that truly believed that was a real thing would be asking a full 6 years later what the fucking deal is.

It wouldn't be the first time his statements turned out to be unfounded.  Things change, right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2015, 02:31:47 PM »

It wouldn't be the first time his statements turned out to be unfounded.  Things change, right?

And what's he going to say after he joins the band?  Of course its going to be that sort of stuff.

Just like every team after the draft really loves their picks and think they found some real value in each round.  Its just a thing you say.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2015, 03:20:03 AM »

Why do you post here ? You don't sound like you're a fan.....  Smart remark comments.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2015, 09:11:19 AM »

Why do you post here ? You don't sound like you're a fan.....  Smart remark comments.

So, anything on the actual topic, or....what?  What's the story?

Do you see a Rose/Ashba composition in our future, yea or nay?  Why or why not?

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2015, 10:19:22 AM »

my answer is no....Axl is up to something bigger I think....just a guess.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:57:52 AM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2015, 11:31:40 AM »

Yes. Because he's in the band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2015, 11:52:23 AM »

/jarmo

I would?ve said yes in 2009 but it?s been six years are we?ve heard nothing about this.  Plus, when Axl did speak about new music last year, he talked about CDII and CD remixes.  Since he didn?t mention it when discussing new music, I put the chances at original Axl/DJ music to be very low.  But hey, things can always change.

Just being in the band isn't enough, IMO.  BBF was in the band.  Would you have said the same thing about him a year ago?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2015, 12:09:05 PM »

/jarmo

I would?ve said yes in 2009 but it?s been six years are we?ve heard nothing about this.  Plus, when Axl did speak about new music last year, he talked about CDII and CD remixes.  Since he didn?t mention it when discussing new music, I put the chances at original Axl/DJ music to be very low.  But hey, things can always change.

Just being in the band isn't enough, IMO.  BBF was in the band.  Would you have said the same thing about him a year ago?

I would say Axl has a strong history of making sure any current member of the band gets featured on any new studio release

That being said I don't see any studio release coming from the last touring line up

You think one song out of all the unreleased songs would be super hot.   You would think one track that DJ sent Axl would be so great that Axl couldn't help but lay down some vocals   One song!  Release one song from this past line up!  One song and put it on a soundtrack.   Like they did with oh my god. 

If they can't even find one song to release in all these years.  I can't see them ever releasing a studio album
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2015, 02:02:03 PM »

/jarmo

All exactly right.

Let's be honest.  There is a reason GNR4L decided rather than offer some full throated endorsement of seeing a Rose/Ashba composition in our lifetime, he'd rather talk about what a terrible fan I am. 

Anyone who truly thought there was something to the topic would talk about it, not me.  Talking about how I'm just a terrible person for asking an inconvenient question with a likely unhappy answer is easier than having to confront that reality.  Deflection, FTW.

GK hits all the relevant points as to why its the longest of longest longshots.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2015, 02:04:20 PM »

I would say Axl has a strong history of making sure any current member of the band gets featured on any new studio release

That being said I don't see any studio release coming from the last touring line up

You think one song out of all the unreleased songs would be super hot.   You would think one track that DJ sent Axl would be so great that Axl couldn't help but lay down some vocals   One song!  Release one song from this past line up!  One song and put it on a soundtrack.   Like they did with oh my god. 

If they can't even find one song to release in all these years.  I can't see them ever releasing a studio album

All solid points here.  Agreed, all around.

If, god willing, a new album came out, yes, I assume a DJ riff here or there would be present.

But, since we already know they haven't written or worked on anything new since at least 5/12/2006, you have to be a special kind of dreamer to really have hope there is a Rose/Ashba composition in our future, near or distant.

Scientology sounds more probable, frankly.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2015, 03:03:10 PM »

I would’ve said yes in 2009 but it’s been six years are we’ve heard nothing about this.  Plus, when Axl did speak about new music last year, he talked about CDII and CD remixes.  Since he didn’t mention it when discussing new music, I put the chances at original Axl/DJ music to be very low.  But hey, things can always change.

Different people....

Besides, Richard mentioned working on stuff with Dj... So, that alone differs from BBF.

But, since we already know they haven't written or worked on anything new since at least 5/12/2006, you have to be a special kind of dreamer to really have hope there is a

Where did you pull out this "fact"? As far as I recall, the album was finished in early 2007. Axl was at a recording studio in Las Vegas in January 2007, or just before that.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 03:06:59 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2015, 03:15:42 PM »

Where did you pull out this "fact"? As far as I recall, the album was finished in early 2007. Axl was at a recording studio in Las Vegas in January 2007, or just before that.

But we are talking about a potential Rose/Ashba composition.  Obviously not present in 2007 as he wasn't even in the damn band for two more years.

And since then, nothing has been written or worked on.  8 people from this board have written and worked on as many songs as this "band" has.

We are 7 years since the last album, with no real idea when said next album will even come out.  Even when (if?) it does, its going to be 'Chinese' leftovers, likely with some cut and paste jobs from DJ, Frank, or even Ron.

So any Rose/Ashba song would not be until the NEXT album, if there even is a next one.  Even if you think there will be, what is that?  10 years away?

You putting money down on that series of events?

DeN
Legend

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2015, 03:30:13 PM »

or Stay of Execution is a new project with Axl & DJ  hihi

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2015, 03:34:26 PM »

or Stay of Execution is a new project with Axl & DJ  hihi

Hahahaha

Sure, why not!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: