Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 08:42:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2009-2014 Tour Flashback
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009-2014 Tour Flashback  (Read 18231 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2015, 01:14:15 PM »

Very cool!
Thanks for sharing.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2015, 01:39:56 PM »

Here's a clip of "You Could Be Mine" from the May 28th Vegas show. I opted for the seating area at that show as i'd just arrived from London.

Axl sounded and looked great on this song! The Bandanna & shades look is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HH8kNwbjNY&feature=youtu.be

Edit: Sorry it's shaky, the drinks girl kept me well watered which on top of major jet lag made me a little dazed.

If you ain't done GN'R in Vegas & the chance comes around again- GO! It feels like a holiday resort run by Uncle Axl.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:43:20 PM by reayj2003 » Logged
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2015, 02:58:46 PM »

That 12.07.2010 concert from Adelaide is also pretty solid.

That's the one the guys at MYGNR put up on Youtube.  Good show worth checking out.

So your tour memories are based on Youtube clips?
To be honest, that wasn't really what I had in mind by starting the topic.
See AdZ's post above for examples. Smiley

But yeah, I get that Youtube is popular and all... But maybe there's more memories than "I saw the show on Youtube and Axl sounded great"... Smiley

/jarmo

I have had my reviews deleted before and I was in attendance for the shows.  I thought the East Rutherford show was great as I had purposely not read any setlists or watched new show clips on social media for years leading up to it.  I wanted to be surprised at the setlist when I finally saw the band again and although a lot of it was the same from 2006, I did have a good time.  If you go back and read my show review at that time I believe I first mentioned my hatred of DJ Ashba as a performer which continues to this day. 

The Up Close and Personal NYC shows were a bore for the most part.  The Ritz show was cool, they played some other songs they didn't play previously, but the setlist was pretty much the same throughout all 4 of those shows.  It was because of the predictable setlist that I skipped the Brooklyn Bowl and Randall's Island shows. 

If/when this band switches it up I will consider attending shows again, but I am tired of paying money for a performance I've seen several times before. 
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2015, 03:09:49 PM »

Wow, War41 thanks for the input!
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2015, 11:56:08 PM »

True, the core of the set list did not change much, but I feel very fortunate to hear many of my all time favorites during the time period, some gems that were not played that often: nice boys, yesterdays, TWAT, out to get me, civil war, some others I can't recall right now. The only significant song that I would like to hear from days past that I have not heard live is down on the farm. Other than that, I think the band did a really good job mixing in some oldies and rarities while also playing the faves that the casual fan came to see. I don't have a problem at all with the set list, and again, I feel very fortunate to have been able to seen them multiple times and each time left me more impressed.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2015, 03:42:57 AM »

The set lists varied a lot compared to 2002 and 2006-07 tours.

Ithink they made agreat job mixing songs up

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2015, 02:08:48 PM »

The thread is about the 2009-2014 period so my post was responding to that time frame.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2015, 02:51:19 PM »

Another big highlight for me was winning kerrang's air guitar video competition where I was awarded a GN?R party at the Boarderline London for myself and friends and I was crowned the first owner of the album in the UK. I remember my copy being delivered early on the Sunday morning by a courier and it was snowing...Christmas really had come early!

The video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0OTvKBqCug

My pride & joy hanging on the wall

The KFC bucket used in the video went on an interesting journey during the amazing 2010 O2 London show...

I've still got it !

It's been an amazing Seven years following my favorite band. Fingers crossed we'll all get to do it again!

Manchester 2010

This Amazing Man, Thanks !!!

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2015, 07:25:41 PM »

Finally got to see Guns at the Echo Arena in Liverpool on the 20th of may 2012.

Long time coming to see them but at last I did it was a lot of fun and hells teeth what a show i still think back to that night with a great deal of affection.

The heat i remember a lot i go to that arena often and i dont think i ever have been as hot as that night,the support Thin Lizzy were ok,but in fairness id seen the Phil Lynott version many moons ago so any version without him in it was never going to come up to scratch.

Best song Estranged..best song Guns ever did in my view.

Axl sounded pretty good that night his voice cracking a few times but you always felt he sung while leaving plenty in reserve in needs be.

I loved the view we had from our seat (im too old and frankly to damn cranky to be standing nowadays ive done my time in the trnches and i aint going back) we were level in the ramps that jutted out from the stage and where DJ would go and balance sit etc and while most people would ask to be moved i was more than happy to watch a big scale rock show in action from another viewpoint,time and agin we saw Axl's comings and goings to the "tent"and as the night wore on Axl would throw a smile or a little wave towards the wife and me (as in fairness did the other band members when they came over),it just added to a great night.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2015, 08:58:45 PM »

Liverpool was a great show as well.

Nice venue in a pretty cool location!

Wow, you saw Thin Lizzy with Phil! Old school! Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2015, 07:28:50 PM »

Liverpool was a great show as well.

Nice venue in a pretty cool location!

Wow, you saw Thin Lizzy with Phil! Old school! Cheesy

/jarmo

Old school hehe aye i am that i suppose i saw Thin Lizzy at liverpool empire in 1979 aged a mere 13 years old,i went with my big sister who was well into the band back then,i was more into punk/new wave than metal but Lizzy were a fine band to see live noisy and hot i seem to recall the show.

As for the Echo Arena it is a fine venue but one that struggles to get metal acts,when i saw Guns were playing there it was a given i would be going (i had waited far too long to see them in fairness),but only yesterday Motley crue announced the birtish tour and yet again Liverpool missed out and im not sure why it struggles so much to get less "mainstream" music it annoys me too.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2015, 10:21:11 AM »

Yes, I was surprised and happy to see GN'R hit Liverpool in addition to Manchester and Birmingham. Seems like Birmingham is the most obvious choice of those three for shows.

/jarmo

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2015, 03:21:41 PM »

They did Nottingham & Newcastle as well. That's pretty rare. What a great time!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2015, 04:42:31 PM »

As a Formula 1 fan, the March 2013 tour was quite special.

The shows in Melbourne were quite close to the F1 track, so Iyou could hear the cars from the venue.... And then the show in Malaysia was after the race. Got to see a race live and then GN'R. Very cool.

/jarmo

brazil66
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2015, 11:08:04 PM »

Jarmo...Thanks for posting this. Wow Gnr have toured a lot...they deserve th?ir break.

Montr?al was sp?cial in 2010. Axl and the band were on fire and had something to proove. Enjoyed the song Sorry that night. Axl picked up some injuries as h? needed physical therapy for the next night in Toronto.... that gig was special. i enjoyed meeting some really cool fans before in a bar..derby Greg, Jos?e evita, sex kitten and a few others...Worst part was walking down to the gig w?th Jarmo and adz  hihi

Enjoyed the terminal 5 gig too as brought my wife for the first Time and she lov?d it...that night GNR played over 3 hours...got there late...really surprised gnr did ther ucap gigs after the arena tour...met del for the first Time as i Walked in and asked If there more ucap dates after New york. H? said no..the follwing week gnr announced further dates...lol

There has been others but th?se have been the Two highlights for various reasons.
brazil66
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2015, 11:13:55 PM »

Yes, I was surprised and happy to see GN'R hit Liverpool in addition to Manchester and Birmingham. Seems like Birmingham is the most obvious choice of those three for shows.

/jarmo

Jarmo...Birmingham is the second biggest city after London...i think after the liverpool gig axl got injured falling over and got treatment in newcastle. Love the pics which i have not seen for a while of Axl  visiting the Angel of the North.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2015, 11:57:55 PM »

As a Formula 1 fan, the March 2013 tour was quite special.

The shows in Melbourne were quite close to the F1 track, so Iyou could hear the cars from the venue.... And then the show in Malaysia was after the race. Got to see a race live and then GN'R. Very cool.

/jarmo

Very cool indeed.
Dont tell me you didnt have a massive party after Kimi's win in Melbourne. Wink

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2015, 01:09:28 PM »

Yeah, as it turns out, I wasn't *in Australia*. Roll Eyes

So, is this just supposed to be a dick measuring contest where the most ticket stubs wins, then?  I was not aware.

OK, well, in that case...I went on 11.26.2011.  Axl came out at a little after 11PM and they played for 3 hours.  I had a good time.

And I guess that concludes my presentation.
To be fair YouTube doesn't always give a fair representation of quality sound..

Wow. Aren't we sensitive? It's unfortunate that I can't even start a thread about something simple as this without you getting all worked up over it.

No, not at all. Nowhere did I claim it was a contest about how many shows you went to. Just curious to hear about fellow fans experiences during the tour and trying to have a fun lighthearted discussion about those experiences. Everybody seems to remember and experience different things at the shows.

So that's what you remember from the one show you attended? Were you tired the next day? Did you like that venue? How was your seat? Did you get any merch? How was the beer? Did you see any drunks? Favorite part of the show? Did you catch the opening act?

When looking back at the tour as a whole, I can only support my views based on youtube clips and the DVD as I only saw 2 shows ? the first two in Europe, Bergen and Oslo. Going only by that, I feel it's still a ride I've participated in. Don't underestimate the thrill of a good update thread!  Wink

The concerts I was at - killer shows! The only small gripe I had after seeing back to back shows like that was that the setlist was pretty much identical. Not a big deal really, as there were two different atmospheres and the experience became pretty different.

It's not "only two shows". A bunch of fans would love to see one! Smiley

Oslo was cool. Same venue as in 2006. I went to that one (2010) and didn't even get a hotel room. Spent the night waiting for my early morning bus at the train station....  hihi

By the way, the solo Dizzy played there is a song by Warren Zevon. Unfortunately I can't place the other one you asked about..... Haha.

/jarmo

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2015, 01:21:24 PM »

I remember chiming in on the monorail after the 2000/2001 HOB show how incredible it was seeing GN'R in a club venue..Little did I know this would be something they would venture to on rare occasions as warmups, mini-tours, residencies and private parties...B-foots first show was special, the Up Close N' Personal show at the Roseland might be my favorite due to all the stadium sized production in a small club atmosphere or perhaps the Brooklyn Bowl show for the rawness and intimacy of a sold out 600 plus capacity crowd...But I also the the feeling A multi thousand arena crowd feeding out of Axl's hands for 2-3 hours!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2015, 02:27:50 PM »

Brooklyn Bowl was a nice contrast to the gigs in Buffalo and at Governors Ball.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: