Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:35:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Ashba chat on March 15
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Ashba chat on March 15  (Read 5097 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: March 17, 2015, 03:14:02 PM »

So, there was a fan chat with Dj on March 15. He was asked a bunch of GN'R questions.

When he was asked if GN'R will be doing any shows in 2015, he replied "I hope so".

He was asked a couple of times about the status of Bumblefoot in GN'R, but he didn't want to comment on that. Dj said that those questions should rather be directed at Bumblefoot himself.

He did say "there are a lot of future plans for GN'R".

Someone asked if Atlas Shrugged was a nice song, he simply replied "Yup".

As for a new album he said that he hoped for a 2015 release, but it is out of his hands. He also said it is hard to tell what songs will end up on the album.

Dj also said that he is in contact with Axl on a daily basis.

He will be designing more of the GN'R merch in the future.

Special thanks to KeyserSoze over at mygnr for the transcript of the GN'R related stuff in the chat.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 03:15:46 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 03:21:08 PM »

So what do you guys think about the comment on the album? Dj says it is out of his hands. To me that implies that they either have recorded the material they need, or Axl is planning to get out the second part of Chinese as the next one.

Either way, it seems like they're at least in the mixing stage of the process. There could be some vocal recording remaining of course.

Sweetness is a virtue
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 03:37:46 PM »

Well... Comming Soon

Thanks

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 03:39:11 PM »

I think that CD II and the remix album will be released with Ashba, Bumble and Fortus and Frank adding their parts to CD II.

We know that the remix album is finished but only three tracks (from Brian and Melissa) are confirmed.
I assume that Pitman and Ron had made some remixes.
A Sorry remix from Trent Reznor would be great.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 03:44:54 PM »

To my knowledge, regarding the remix album, there's remixes (new versions) of Shackler's, Better, If The World, This I Love and Prostitute. If all of those are by Brain, I don't know.

Also, Ron and Dj have each done a new version of Better.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 03:57:54 PM »

Regarding CD II, I think Fortus at least, probably have added to, maybe even written a lot of that material.

We know Bumble have recorded on Chinese leftovers, Atlas Shrugged for instance. This was in or before 2008.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 03:59:46 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 03:59:50 PM »

So what do you guys think about the comment on the album? Dj says it is out of his hands. To me that implies that they either have recorded the material they need, or Axl is planning to get out the second part of Chinese as the next one.

Either way, it seems like they're at least in the mixing stage of the process. There could be some vocal recording remaining of course.

To me, it implies (if not states overtly) he has no say or influence in a band he is supposed to be a major part of.  Not great news.

If he and Axl are truly talking on a daily basis, I would think there would be album talk in there.  But who the fuck knows?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 04:12:09 PM »

To me, it implies (if not states overtly) he has no say or influence in a band he is supposed to be a major part of.  Not great news.

If he and Axl are truly talking on a daily basis, I would think there would be album talk in there.  But who the fuck knows?

There could still be a lot of album talk between him and Axl, but maybe not things that are smart to go public with at this time. "Out of his hands" implies to me that there's no more recording needed for the batch of songs considered for the next release. Axl and Caram are the producers, I guess they'll bring in someone to mix the tracks.

As for "he has no say" and "no influence", we all know Axl is running this thing. I think the band members have a major influence in shaping the songs. Just looking at the liner notes in Chinese, there's only one song written solely by Axl. If this was just a "backing band", I don't think we would have seen much writing credits for the band members. Axl would have written everything and said: "play it like this".

Now, Axl is probably the one ultimately deciding on track list and stuff like that. But even here there's some evidence of the contrary. This I Love was put on Chinese after pressure from the band members, Axl didn't want it on the album initially.

The only thing I agree that the band members have little influence on is the business side of Guns. That's all Axl.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 04:25:09 PM »

As for "he has no say" and "no influence", we all know Axl is running this thing. I think the band members have a major influence in shaping the songs. Just looking at the liner notes in Chinese, there's only one song written solely by Axl. If this was just a "backing band", I don't think we would have seen much writing credits for the band members. Axl would have written everything and said: "play it like this".

Very true.

Now, Axl is probably the one ultimately deciding on track list and stuff like that. But even here there's some evidence of the contrary. This I Love was put on Chinese after pressure from the band members, Axl didn't want it on the album initially.

But here, he should have gone with his gut.  That thing sounds like Andrew Lloyd Webber.  Or hell, an Andrew Lloyd Webber outtake.

Great guitar solo by Robin though.  His best work on the album, I think.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 04:34:06 PM »

But here, he should have gone with his gut.  That thing sounds like Andrew Lloyd Webber.  Or hell, an Andrew Lloyd Webber outtake.

Great guitar solo by Robin though.  His best work on the album, I think.

Not my favorite from the album either. Could have been better with a little more 'rock feel', like November Rain. Just my personal preference. Agree on the solo.

But many people have taken a liking to the song, I can't deny that. I remember one of the concerts I attended in 2010 there were people singing This I Love in the line outside the venue.

Sweetness is a virtue
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 04:47:55 PM »

"This I Love" is better in concert than the studio version. I HATE the studio version since it has that Andrew Lloyd Weber feel. The live version has a better rock  to it.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 05:11:21 PM »

I'm a fan of Andrew Lloyd Weber, I don't limit myself to enjoying one type of music only -I like a wide variety of music from numerous years and genres.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 05:12:57 PM »

I don't limit myself to enjoying one type of music only

I don't either, doesn't mean I like everything.

Sweetness is a virtue
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 05:17:07 PM »

Don't think anyone said that nor insinuated it in any way.

On another note Andy Fraser, bassist with Free and co-composer of the classic ?All Right Now,? has died at 62. A cause of death was not immediately announced, but Fraser had been battling both cancer and AIDS recently

« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 05:20:36 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 05:21:28 PM »

Don't think anyone said that nor insinuated it in any way.

No, it might have been interpreted wrong by me, but it felt like that comment was coined on the fact that I or someone else didn't like the sound of This I Love on the record. That we are limiting ourselves to enjoy one type of music only.

Could have misinterpreted of course.  Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 05:26:23 PM »

It's not up to Dj to work out the details regarding the album's release. Sorry if that burst the bubble that you live in, but to most of us this isn't news.
Just another case of somebody looking for something "bad" in the world of GN'R, when in reality it's nothing.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 08:20:41 PM »

Hahahaha.  Pretty much.

I just thought this particular song was lame.  The lyrics are pretty cringeworthy.

But this song had been built up in people's minds for years because Axl was talking about it even 20 years ago.  It was almost epic by reputation, before even being heard.

I kind of wonder about songs like 'The General' and 'Atlas Shrugged', to be honest.   Doesn't it seem that people wax pretty poetic about 2 songs they have never heard and are just names on a screen at this point?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 08:29:15 PM »

I kind of wonder about songs like 'The General' and 'Atlas Shrugged', to be honest.   Doesn't it seem that people wax pretty poetic about 2 songs they have never heard and are just names on a screen at this point?

There are some descriptions of the songs. Also, we've all heard the intro to the concerts. The intro doesn't say much though, we don't know what part of the song it is. For all we know, it's just the orchestra backing track, not something that's stand-alone.

People have said The General is among their favorites. Baz, Dizzy and Brain for instance. Leeds gave an intriguing description of Atlas. A cross between '70s glam rock and November Rain.

A little more than names on the screen. But I suspect we will be surprised anyway.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 08:31:06 PM »

There are some descriptions of the songs. Also, we've all heard the intro to the concerts. The intro doesn't say much though, we don't know what part of the song it is. For all we know, it's just the orchestra backing track, not something that's stand-alone.

Yeah, that's my guess too.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 10:03:51 PM »

Hahahaha.  Pretty much.

I just thought this particular song was lame.  The lyrics are pretty cringeworthy.

But this song had been built up in people's minds for years because Axl was talking about it even 20 years ago.  It was almost epic by reputation, before even being heard.

You do not get to determine and/or state  what is "cringeworthy" and what is not.

All that is your opinion, and we all know what opinions are like, I have opinions about your posts as well, but I'm much too polite to say them in mixed company  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: