Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 07:16:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 NFL Season
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 NFL Season  (Read 151865 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #280 on: September 11, 2015, 06:37:37 AM »

Communications issues aside (I can't believe they were intentional....that would make the Pats organization the DUMBEST organization in sports):

The Steelers lost that game because of their kicker and 3 defensive miscues.  And by miscues I mean stupid, boneheaded, fuck ups that most college teams would not make that left people uncovered.  Not just open.  Not just WIDE OPEN.  Completely uncovered and untouched from snap to catch.  The first one with Gronk...you can see the defensive line suddenly realize nobody lined up on the sideline to cover Gronk, as Brady practically SCREAMS for the snap so he can quick dump it to him.

Two other big gains were the same way.  Just stupid, stupid mistakes.

And the kicker.  If that guy has a job with the Steelers by the end of today, I'll be surprised. I get the weather wasn't ideal, but those were 40 and 45 yard FGs.  You might get away with missing one...you can't miss them both. Not and expect to have a NFL job the next day....there's too many other guys that can kick out there.

And then the elephant in the room (and I can't believe I'm going to defend the Pats a little bit here): Apparently they were confined to the first half, and MOSTLY the first quarter (and then intermittently in the 2nd).  I don't know the "pattern" but apparently, in the 2nd, communication was "up" when the Pats were on offense and "down" when the Steelers had the ball, a bit.  And yes, it probably has greater effect on the Steelers than the Pats, as Brady eems more comfortable with play calling and defense reading without the sideline help.  Still, I don't think it had considerable effect on the outcome of the game.  I do think it was massively frustrating, though, for the Steelers.

BUT...I just can't believe this was intentional.  It would literally make the Pats the dumbest organization in sports.  They knew all eyes would be on them.  They knew that every little thing was under scrutiny.  They knew that everyone would be looking for ANY little thing to try to validate the recent news articles.  Even IF they were the biggest cheaters on the planet, last night was not the night they were going to do ANYTHING.

I know the NFL actually provides the communication equipment on game day (though I think the pats provide the power supplies and some ancillary "parts" (they have extra ear cuffs and stuff).  I DO think Gillette has more communication issues than other places in the league..but I think it's just because their infrastructure SUCKS.  And what this MAY do is that ....it might get the league involved (assuming it's an ongoing issue) on making sure that the Pats, in the offseason, get that stuff addressed.

What I AM sure of is that, over the next couple days, we are going to hear more about stadium communication networks than we all really want to.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 06:40:17 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #281 on: September 11, 2015, 06:44:31 AM »

More ammunition for haters. Of course everybody ignores the fact that the NFL handles game day communications, that the Patriots headsets were turned off when Steelers were hearing radio broadcast(according to NBC Pro Football talk) as is common practice when one teams headset isn't working and of course the Patriots had their own issues with the head sets through out the games. This is expected though. Whiners gonna whine. Typical Tomlin whining.

As Bill Simmons put, Mike Tomlin was so distracted by the Pats' radio broadcast that he forgot to try to trip one of the Pats' receivers.

There's varying reports on the status of the Pats headsets (deadspin and, actually, an NFL spokes person) status.  It sounds like NBC's report might be wrong, and the Pats headsets were left on...though they apparently had issues, too (according to Coach Bellichick):

http://deadspin.com/what-exactly-happened-with-the-steelers-headsets-1730005682?hipra_discussion_redesign=on&utm_expid=66866090-52.r5txldOmRkqnbJxnyozIeA.2&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fdeadspin.com%2F%3Fhipra_discussion_redesign%3Don

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #282 on: September 11, 2015, 07:34:01 AM »

I want the rest of the league paranoid about what the Pats could do next when they are in Gillette.

Lose by 7 after blowing 2 FGs, a TD and a 1st & Goal? Yes, I'm sure the rest of the league is terrified  Kiss

First off, they were down by 14 with 15 seconds left and the Pats decided to play a deep soft Dime letting the Steelers throw midrange outside passes to gain yards and stop the clock. That was the ultimate garbage time touchdown. Saying 'blown' is a little dramatic, the Pats typically tighten up in the Red Zone even in years that they give up yards in chunks. The Pats ran a legal line shift and the Steelers lost their mind because the thought it was illegal... Ben screamed at the refs 'They can't shift!!!'... not to sound like Brady after the Ravens playoff game last year, but you might want to learn the rulebook. So I wouldn't say 'blown' I would say 'out coached'.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 09:03:14 AM by C0ma » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #283 on: September 11, 2015, 08:47:40 AM »

What you Pat fans should be mad about is the fact ... that you never needed all the shenanigans over the years...

As long as you have Brady... you are going to win the AFC East and have a chance to win the super bowl... so all the nonsense... (and yes its real) isn't and wasn't needed.

Spygate, deflategate, Ernie Adams.... all of that is irrelevant

What exactly does Ernie Adams do btw?   Wink

Props to Brady for doing work for my fantasy team. Can't wait for Giants/Cowboys.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #284 on: September 11, 2015, 11:04:27 AM »

Communications issues aside (I can't believe they were intentional....that would make the Pats organization the DUMBEST organization in sports):

Look at it from another angle: Why is it seemingly only Gillette that is constantly plagued by communication issues? Is New England a Bermuda Triangle for radio communications or something? Marvin Lewis and several other coaches have complained for years about massive communications issues in New England when they play there. I don?t know if you caught the postgame interviews but Big Ben wasn?t even mad about the issues as he pretty much said he expected it to happen as they?ve happened pretty much every single time he?s ever played in New England. 32 teams in the NFL and the only team that consistently has major communication issues in their stadium is the one that?s been embroiled in 2 high profile cheating scandals in the last 10 years doesn?t strike you the least bit suspect?

The Steelers lost that game because of their kicker and 3 defensive miscues.  And by miscues I mean stupid, boneheaded, fuck ups that most college teams would not make that left people uncovered.  Not just open.  Not just WIDE OPEN.  Completely uncovered and untouched from snap to catch.  The first one with Gronk...you can see the defensive line suddenly realize nobody lined up on the sideline to cover Gronk, as Brady practically SCREAMS for the snap so he can quick dump it to him.

Yup. I don?t think you?ll find a Steelers fan on the planet that?s a fan of the D since their last Super Bowl run. I don?t know how closely you follow the Steelers but the highly suspect D (particularly leaving  people uncovered and untouched) has been an unfortunate constant since at least the 2011 season. I don?t know if you remember the playoff game vs. Tebow, but it was quite literally that very same problem which sunk them in OT.

Cam Heyward, Jarvis Jones, Ryan Shazier, and Bud Dupree have been their 1st round picks the last 4 drafts, so it?s pretty obvious a concerted effort has been made to shore up the defense as veterans like Ike Taylor, Troy and James Harrison aged or retired. While Heyward has been solid, Jones basically missed 2 seasons to injuries and Shazier almost all of last year to injury, so those players haven?t had crucial development time and the Steelers? D has been unable to reap any sort of benefit.

While the Steelers? scouts are probably the best in the league when it comes to WRs as evidenced by such players as Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant or Emmanuel Sanders, they?re probably the worst in the league when it comes to CBs. The last good CB they drafted was Ike Taylor a lifetime ago. They took 3 CBs in the draft this year and 2 got cut while the other is likely on the IR for the entire season, so once again the Steelers? D is unable to benefit even remotely from those draft picks. Don?t forget that the Steelers never ever make a big splash during free agency (I think Blount was literally their only signing last year), so the draft is their only real way of improving the D and suffers greatly when their picks don?t pan out.   

What's truly unfortunate is that while the Steelers' D needs major improvements, other than a successor for Heath Miller at some point, I really can't think of a single major upgrade their offense needs when (barring suspensions for Mary Jane) they have perhaps the 2 best WRs and RB in the league. Ben probably only has 5 years left given the punishment and backyard style of football he loves to play, so I think every fan is really hoping their D finally comes together before we have to start thinking about drafting a successor for Ben and the Super Bowl window closes.

And the kicker.  If that guy has a job with the Steelers by the end of today, I'll be surprised. I get the weather wasn't ideal, but those were 40 and 45 yard FGs.  You might get away with missing one...you can't miss them both. Not and expect to have a NFL job the next day....there's too many other guys that can kick out there.

Have you checked out the kicker market? It?s nothing really to write home about. Losing any player during preseason hurts as those still available on the market to fill that hole by that late in calendar are usually still available for a reason. I agree with you 100% that Scooby (or whatever his name was) needs to be handed a pink slip immediately, though.

What I AM sure of is that, over the next couple days, we are going to hear more about stadium communication networks than we all really want to.

Has HeadsetGate or CommunicationsGate been coined yet? Wink
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:18:24 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #285 on: September 11, 2015, 12:25:21 PM »

From Bob Labriola:

Strangely enough, whenever an NFL representative proceeded to the New England sideline to shut down their headsets, the Steelers headsets cleared. Then as the representative walked away from the New England sideline, the Steelers? headsets again started to receive the Patriots game broadcast.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #286 on: September 11, 2015, 01:06:44 PM »

crying crying crying crying crying That is all this is. Steelers lost, need excuses. Get over it.

As for communication issues not happening elsewhere. You only have to look at Heinz field. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/headset-issues-have-arisen-in-pittsburgh-too/

The Steelers think the Patriots cheated by tampering with headset communications on Thursday night at Gillette Stadium. But the headsets haven?t been perfect in Pittsburgh, either.

After the Steelers beat the Jets in the AFC Championship Game in January of 2011, the Jets said they were having problems communicating at Heinz Field. Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez said the problems were something he hadn?t previously encountered.

?It never really happened for that long of a time,? Sanchez said. ?We had to use a walkie-talkie at one point and [offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer] was just yelling calls in at one point. It was just another challenge, and we almost overcame it.?

Sanchez said the headsets in Pittsburgh failed repeatedly.

?The problem was the headset kept going out multiple times during the game,? Sanchez said, ?so I had to run over and get a couple calls, piece together some calls on the headset that came in broken up. It was one of those things we were fighting through. I was proud of our guys for trying to piece it together.?

So what?s the difference between that problem the Jets had in Pittsburgh, and the problem the Steelers had last night in New England? The biggest difference seems to be that the Jets didn?t accuse the Steelers of any wrongdoing, and Jets coach Rex Ryan said after the game that the communications issue wasn?t the reason the Jets lost the game. The Steelers haven?t been so accommodating toward the Patriots in the wake of last night?s loss

If anybody actually pays attention, communication issues in the NFL happen all the time. You would think in a billion dollar industry you wouldn't have these problems, but the actual truth is this stuff does happen in other stadiums and doesn't happen in New England week after week.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:12:02 PM by Sober_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #287 on: September 11, 2015, 01:42:03 PM »

crying crying crying crying crying That is all this is. Steelers lost, need excuses. Get over it.

Wow, for someone who loves to complain about people whining, you and your sidekicks sure do spend a hysterical amount of time whining about people daring to criticize your beloved Cheatriots. And no, I don't really need to get over anything. If you read anything I posted last night I was quite happy with the development from Shazier and Jones and how the Steelers managed to hold Marsha to 4 TDs despite a really bad defensive showing. Gronk' predictably ran wild while Darius Heyward-Bey - a Raiders castoff with something like only 3 measly catches all last year - looked like Antonio Brown against your secondary; be proud ok

As for communication issues not happening elsewhere. You only have to look at Heinz field. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/headset-issues-have-arisen-in-pittsburgh-too/

Furiously searching through Google all morning and all you could find was 1 isolated incident at Heinz from nearly 5 years ago? Aren't you the one always whining about how people can't let an old issue like SpyGate go and here you are talking about a game that took place nearly a half a decade ago. Being discussed in this thread is an issue that occurred last night, which has occurred pretty much throughout the entire Belicheat era in NE. Bit of a difference between one issue in the 'Burgh years ago and one that continually plagues the Cheatriots year after year.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:44:00 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #288 on: September 11, 2015, 02:08:35 PM »

be proud ok

I am proud. The Patriots are 1 and 0. The Steelers are 0 and 1. Here you are finding a silver lining in a loss, while we Patriots fans, per usual, are celebrating yet another victory. You get to tell everyone who will listen how close the game really was or how great certain players looked or will develop. While us Patriot fanss get to sit back and enjoy a win and wait for next week.

And I apologize to you. Really sincerely, that us Patriot fans don't come on here and commend you for your Cheatriots comments. So with that being said, I'll say thanks! Great comment about the Cheatriots and their nefarious ways! They should be thrown out of the NFL! I can't believe my team cheats on a regular basis. All these anonymous sources from teams the Patriots constantly beat are right. If only the headsets were working, then Gronk wouldn't have been left wide open and the Patriots defense wouldn't have forced the Steelers in to third and fourth down situations that resulted in missed field goals and a lack of execution in critical situations.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:11:07 PM by Sober_times » Logged

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #289 on: September 11, 2015, 03:19:29 PM »

Look at it from another angle: Why is it seemingly only Gillette that is constantly plagued by communication issues? Is New England a Bermuda Triangle for radio communications or something? Marvin Lewis and several other coaches have complained for years about massive communications issues in New England when they play there. I don?t know if you caught the postgame interviews but Big Ben wasn?t even mad about the issues as he pretty much said he expected it to happen as they?ve happened pretty much every single time he?s ever played in New England. 32 teams in the NFL and the only team that consistently has major communication issues in their stadium is the one that?s been embroiled in 2 high profile cheating scandals in the last 10 years doesn?t strike you the least bit suspect?

Cause their infrastructure SUCKS....and nobody elses does.  That's not new news, and it's not specific to JUST their communications network.  When they "Fast tracked" Gillette, after the bulldozers were done with Foxboro...it seems like they kept a lot of the infrastructure in place in order to expediate the building process.

Have you checked out the kicker market? It?s nothing really to write home about. Losing any player during preseason hurts as those still available on the market to fill that hole by that late in calendar are usually still available for a reason. I agree with you 100% that Scooby (or whatever his name was) needs to be handed a pink slip immediately, though.

It's not deep...but I think you can take some chances on this one.  You can almost certainly find a guy who can do better.....but you can't find much worse. Zero for 2 isn't hard to replicate. I could do that. Wink
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 03:22:17 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #290 on: September 11, 2015, 04:32:16 PM »

I want to post my picks. Sitting here at work with nothing to do, as happens from time to time, has got me wanting to post these and since I'm in a cycle where I am coming on heretodaygonetohell might as well post them here. They usually suck pretty bad but I like going out on a bit of a limb with them:

Picks for AFC Division Winners and Play-offs.

4 Divisions: Pats, Colts, Chiefs, and Ravens.

Wild Card: Broncos and Bengals. Really think North is going to be pretty competitive again but giving slight edge to Ravens and Bengals. Steelers could easily be there though.

Wild Card Round. Chiefs over Bengals and Broncos over Ravens.

Divisional Round: Pats over Bronocs, Chiefs over Colts.

AFC Championship: Pats over Chiefs.

Picks for NFC divisions and Play-offs: NFC is really tough for me as I have all kinds of teams I want to pick that probably have no shot.

Divisions; Cowboys, Packers, Seahawks, Bucs. I'm picking the Bucs here which is way out on a limb but they were 1 and 8 in one score games last year and I feel like decent QB play by Winston makes them competitive in a really bad division. So with Evans, Jackson, Martin and with Winston being much better then McCown, the Bucs win the division. Lovie went to the Superbowl with good defense and Rex Grossman. I think they make the Play-offs.

Wild Card teams: Vikings and Giants. Again I am out on a limb. Feel like Eli with Vareen, and Odel can do enough to sneak into the play-offs with Bradford and Murray inevitably going down espcially if Cruz gets healthy and they play better defensively(You New York fans would know better, am I way off here?). Arizona slides down and Rams just aren't quite there. Peterson comes back with a vengence and Bridgewater makes a big step forward with Vikings going to the play-offs.

Wild Card Round: Seahawks over Vikings and Giants over Bucs.

Divisional Round: Packers over Seahawks and Cowboys over Giants.

NFC Championship: Cowboys over Packers.

Superbowl 50: Patriots over Cowboys  ok beer hihi

And for fun, team that will start really well and fall flat: Dolphins; they start 6 and 0(Wins over @Skins, @Jags, Bills, Jets, @Titans, Texans) and then go 0 and 6(losses to @Pats, @Bills @Eagles, Cowboys, @Jets, Ravens).  hihi

WHO YOU GOT?

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #291 on: September 11, 2015, 09:27:26 PM »

Well we can add the Steelers to the list of teams that whine, complain, and make excuses for losing to a superior team. I expected a little more class from them, but I guess that's too much to ask. Once again, the Patriots or their coach would never act like someone stole their lunch money when they're legitimately beaten by an opponent. But I guess that's what separates them from these other teams.

Tomlin attempting to trip that guy on the Ravens at midfield a few seasons ago should preclude him from speaking of any suspected nefarious shenanigans, never mind being allowed to coach again.

As for the actual play on the field. People like to mention the Steelers being without Bryant, Bell, and Pouncey. It's not like the Pats had a full squad themselves. They had 3 new starters on the O-line. No Blount, no Lafell. So let's just keep that in mind. Anyway, the Pats offense looked very good. But I suspect the Steelers D will not be very good this year, so take it FWIW. And ever since they took Tom's balls away, he's completed 79% of his passes. Maybe they should've checked on those balls a lot earlier. He was being held back. One minor concern with Brady pretty much exclusively going to Gronk and Edelman, but I guess you go with it as long as it works. Dion Lewis looked pretty good filling in for Blount. He should fit in nicely in the Shane Vereen role. The O-line held up nicely, but again the Pitt D is nothing to write home about.

I thought the Pats D was actually pretty decent. Ben made some really nice throws, putting balls in perfect spots. I thought Butler held his own against Brown for the most part. He's one of the best, so you have to give him his due. Sure Revis could probably yield better results, but it's something to build off for Malcolm. Williams did run down the Pats throats, so that's a little concerning. I don't think their main objective was to stop the run though, so that could have factored in.

The Steelers should be a factor this season, though I think the Ravens are the best team in the North. But seriously, the whining and excuse making is not a good look.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #292 on: September 12, 2015, 12:44:52 AM »

A weird story from last night. Now unlike Patriots haters I won't jump to conclusions and convict this guy without knowing the "facts". I'm sure the fan wasn't just minding his own business while he was attacked, but I'm not sure any sort of behavior warrants an attack

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13630481/pittsburgh-steelers-assistant-james-daniel-being-investigated-nfl-allegedly-assaulting-patriots-fan

Pittsburgh making headlines for the wrong reasons so far. But the Patriots are the problem, surely.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #293 on: September 12, 2015, 09:04:54 AM »

I want to post my picks. Sitting here at work with nothing to do, as happens from time to time, has got me wanting to post these and since I'm in a cycle where I am coming on heretodaygonetohell might as well post them here. They usually suck pretty bad but I like going out on a bit of a limb with them:

Picks for AFC Division Winners and Play-offs.

4 Divisions: Pats, Colts, Chiefs, and Ravens.

Wild Card: Broncos and Bengals. Really think North is going to be pretty competitive again but giving slight edge to Ravens and Bengals. Steelers could easily be there though.

Wild Card Round. Chiefs over Bengals and Broncos over Ravens.

Divisional Round: Pats over Bronocs, Chiefs over Colts.

AFC Championship: Pats over Chiefs.

Picks for NFC divisions and Play-offs: NFC is really tough for me as I have all kinds of teams I want to pick that probably have no shot.

Divisions; Cowboys, Packers, Seahawks, Bucs. I'm picking the Bucs here which is way out on a limb but they were 1 and 8 in one score games last year and I feel like decent QB play by Winston makes them competitive in a really bad division. So with Evans, Jackson, Martin and with Winston being much better then McCown, the Bucs win the division. Lovie went to the Superbowl with good defense and Rex Grossman. I think they make the Play-offs.

Wild Card teams: Vikings and Giants. Again I am out on a limb. Feel like Eli with Vareen, and Odel can do enough to sneak into the play-offs with Bradford and Murray inevitably going down espcially if Cruz gets healthy and they play better defensively(You New York fans would know better, am I way off here?). Arizona slides down and Rams just aren't quite there. Peterson comes back with a vengence and Bridgewater makes a big step forward with Vikings going to the play-offs.

Wild Card Round: Seahawks over Vikings and Giants over Bucs.

Divisional Round: Packers over Seahawks and Cowboys over Giants.

NFC Championship: Cowboys over Packers.

Superbowl 50: Patriots over Cowboys  ok beer hihi

And for fun, team that will start really well and fall flat: Dolphins; they start 6 and 0(Wins over @Skins, @Jags, Bills, Jets, @Titans, Texans) and then go 0 and 6(losses to @Pats, @Bills @Eagles, Cowboys, @Jets, Ravens).  hihi

WHO YOU GOT?

That was great Sober Times! (really goin out on a limb with predicting the 'Phins fizzling at the end of a season!   Grin ...isn't that what they do every year?)

Here's what I got:

AFC:
Division Winners:  Colts, Broncos, Dolphins, Bengals  (Luck continues improving, Peyton takes small step back but rest of team makes up for it, Miami D leads way to East Title, Bengals' Atkins healthy again)
Wildcards:  Patriots, Texans  (Garopolo will start a few games, Texans D leads them to 10 wins and Arian returns for last 3/4ths of season to pile up yards/TDs)
WC Round:  Dolphins Over Texans, Pats Over Bengals
Div. Round:  Broncos Over Dolphins, Colts Over Pats
AFC Champ.:  Colts Over Broncos  (Luck gets redemption at home, despite Tannehill's hot wife, Broncos win at home)

NFC:
Division Winners:  Seahawks, Eagles, Panthers, Packers ('Hawks still best in Conf, Eagles start strong but fizzle when Sam gets hurt, Panther D strong, Packer D VERY weak just get in to playoffs)
Wildcards:  Cowboys, Vikings  (Cowboys D becomes scary with wifebeater Hardy and psycho Gregory acclimating, Vikes finish strong despite Adrian missing some time this season)
WC Round:  Vikes over Panthers, Cowboys over Packers. (both WC teams luck out as they play weak, banged-up Div. winners)
Div Round:  Vikings Over Seahawks in a SHOCKER!, Cowboys Over Eagles (Eagle fans call for Kelly's job despite 11-5 reg season mark)
NFC Champ.:  Cowboys Over Vikings (Vikes lose another NFC Championship game.  Romo sheds "Playoff Loser label, for now...)

It doesn't last long, Colts Best Cowboys in Super Bowl 50. 

Take it to the bank!!!!!!!
 hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #294 on: September 12, 2015, 06:11:25 PM »

A weird story from last night. Now unlike Patriots haters I won't jump to conclusions and convict this guy without knowing the "facts". I'm sure the fan wasn't just minding his own business while he was attacked, but I'm not sure any sort of behavior warrants an attack

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13630481/pittsburgh-steelers-assistant-james-daniel-being-investigated-nfl-allegedly-assaulting-patriots-fan

Pittsburgh making headlines for the wrong reasons so far. But the Patriots are the problem, surely.

Surely the atmospheric conditions and a faulty power grid caused his foot to violently jerk in a kicking motion.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #295 on: September 13, 2015, 03:09:00 AM »

With Tomlin possibly on the hot seat he was just auditioning to be the Steelers new head coach.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #296 on: September 14, 2015, 01:16:25 AM »

That Romo Magic !!! Cowboys Overcome Mistakes for 27-26 Win  nervous  beer
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #297 on: September 14, 2015, 02:35:29 AM »

They got really lucky. The giants gift wrapped that one for them. Should've run the ball on the play prior to the FG. That would've taken the clock down to under a minute assuming they didn't get a TD. It was a costly win for the Cowboys though, Bryant broke his foot and it requires surgery. Out 4-6 weeks.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #298 on: September 14, 2015, 07:06:21 AM »

They got really lucky. The giants gift wrapped that one for them. Should've run the ball on the play prior to the FG. That would've taken the clock down to under a minute assuming they didn't get a TD. It was a costly win for the Cowboys though, Bryant broke his foot and it requires surgery. Out 4-6 weeks.

Yeah, that play killed them. Both Coughlin and Eli took responsibility for the bad call/execution.  If they'd run...they win that game.

The G-men's defense wasn't all that impressive 2nd half, either...which is my big worry for them this year.  They have to find a good, consistent, way to rush the passer.

But, honestly: a 1 pt loss IN Dallas? I can live with that.  If this were game 7 or 8 of the season...I don't think anyone would even blink.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 07:12:49 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #299 on: September 14, 2015, 09:21:30 AM »

Pretty awful loss for the Giants. At least the way it unfolded. They can take some positives out of the game, but it's one the Cowboys tried to hand to them. But they handed it right back.

Ironic that the Seahawks lost in OT after failing to convert 4th and inches AGAIN! This time they ran the ball, and it wasn't even close. Should've gone with the quick slant. What could possibly go wrong? Maybe it's not so easy after all. Pete Carroll is going to despise 4th and 1 from here on out. Mind games.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: