Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 11:57:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 NFL Season
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 NFL Season  (Read 151315 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #460 on: December 22, 2015, 03:29:59 PM »

I'll be rooting hard for the Cardinals out of the NFC and in the big one...

Arians, Fitz and Palmer are all very easy to root for.

Fitz was so close to being such a hero until Santonio Holmes made that freakish play.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #461 on: December 23, 2015, 09:26:58 AM »

The NFC will be interesting. Carolina could go 16-0 and lose their first playoff game to the surging Seahawks. The Cardinals are also a big threat. If the Panthers go 16-0, then beat the Seahawks, Cardinals, and win the Super Bowl, that'd be quite the accomplishment. That goes without saying, but that's a tall task and I'd say the odds are against them. The gap isn't that large between them and the other top teams in the league.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #462 on: December 23, 2015, 02:42:51 PM »

The NFC will be interesting. Carolina could go 16-0 and lose their first playoff game to the surging Seahawks. The Cardinals are also a big threat. If the Panthers go 16-0, then beat the Seahawks, Cardinals, and win the Super Bowl, that'd be quite the accomplishment. That goes without saying, but that's a tall task and I'd say the odds are against them. The gap isn't that large between them and the other top teams in the league.

I think people are giving Seattle a little too much credit, they are rolling right now...but really haven't played anybody. Their defense is NOT the same... you can throw it on them these days.

They could beat the Panthers, but I don't expect them to. I give Panthers and Arizona both a legit chance to take it down.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #463 on: December 23, 2015, 02:58:42 PM »

I think people are giving Seattle a little too much credit, they are rolling right now...but really haven't played anybody. Their defense is NOT the same... you can throw it on them these days.

They could beat the Panthers, but I don't expect them to. I give Panthers and Arizona both a legit chance to take it down.
Seahawks beat the Steelers and crushed the Vikings on the road during this latest stretch. Their defense isn't as good as it once was, but they're still one of the best in the league. Carolina typically plays them well and beat them in Seattle earlier this year. I think it'd be a good game.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #464 on: December 23, 2015, 03:24:27 PM »

Seahawks beat the Steelers and crushed the Vikings on the road during this latest stretch. Their defense isn't as good as it once was, but they're still one of the best in the league. Carolina typically plays them well and beat them in Seattle earlier this year. I think it'd be a good game.

I forgot about the Steeler win.

Yeah should be some tight games there.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #465 on: January 01, 2016, 10:54:32 AM »

Go Bills Sad

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #466 on: January 01, 2016, 11:00:39 AM »

Go Bills Sad
Bills could beat the Jets. Rex will certainly be treating that as his Super Bowl. There's nothing he'd like more than to ruin the Jets playoff hopes. Well, maybe except for beating the Patriots. Any given Sunday. Just like last week when the white hot Steelers got beat by a Ryan Mallett led 4 win team. Nobody saw that coming. Sorry the Pats couldn't help you out. They gave it their all, but we're just too banged up. Hope they can eek out a win on Sunday to clinch the 1 seed and get healthy for the divisional round.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #467 on: January 01, 2016, 11:47:11 AM »

Go Bills Sad
Bills could beat the Jets. Rex will certainly be treating that as his Super Bowl. There's nothing he'd like more than to ruin the Jets playoff hopes. Well, maybe except for beating the Patriots. Any given Sunday. Just like last week when the white hot Steelers got beat by a Ryan Mallett led 4 win team. Nobody saw that coming. Sorry the Pats couldn't help you out. They gave it their all, but we're just too banged up. Hope they can eek out a win on Sunday to clinch the 1 seed and get healthy for the divisional round.

That Raven's game was eerily reminiscent of the Jets game last season when Vick creamed the Steelers after Ben threw 12 TDs against the Colts and Ravens the previous 2 weeks. I'm more confident in the Steelers taking care of the Browns than I am the Bills beating the Jets. I don't follow the Bills all that closely, but I gather the team is starting to sour on Rex's leadership and I heard on the radio the other day something about the team planning to cut Mario Williams?

Do you agree with the Patriots choosing to kick instead of receive against the Jets in OT? I know they love to defer, but the decision seems a bit presumptuous of a defensive stop given the sudden death nature of OT. Some Steelers fans are actually convinced the Patriots lost on purpose so they wouldn't have to face Pittsburgh in the postseason Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #468 on: January 01, 2016, 01:17:33 PM »

Go Bills Sad

That Raven's game was eerily reminiscent of the Jets game last season when Vick creamed the Steelers after Ben threw 12 TDs against the Colts and Ravens the previous 2 weeks. I'm more confident in the Steelers taking care of the Browns than I am the Bills beating the Jets. I don't follow the Bills all that closely, but I gather the team is starting to sour on Rex's leadership and I heard on the radio the other day something about the team planning to cut Mario Williams?

Do you agree with the Patriots choosing to kick instead of receive against the Jets in OT? I know they love to defer, but the decision seems a bit presumptuous of a defensive stop given the sudden death nature of OT. Some Steelers fans are actually convinced the Patriots lost on purpose so they wouldn't have to face Pittsburgh in the postseason Wink
Yeah that theory was floated around by some Pats fans as well. Bill hates the Jets though, there's no way he would hand a win to the Jets. Especially when they fought so hard to get back in that game. They really had no business getting to OT in the first place. As for choosing to kick, obviously it was an unpopular choice and it clearly didn't work. But there was some logic to it. The Patriots offense struggled to move the ball all day, save for that last scoring drive in the 4th quarter where they had to convert two 4th down conversions. They had no running game, the Jets were getting to Brady with a bit of regularity, and the Pats had lost 3 offensive lineman during the game. Add in the fact that the Pats D held the Jets in check for the most part in the 4th. Bill felt more comfortable with the D stopping the Jets and getting the offense better field position to setup for a game winning FG. Obviously that didn't happen, but I understand the logic.

The Bills aren't a very good team, and the Jets should win. But you just never know. They could start to feel the pressure, and the Bills obviously have nothing to lose.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #469 on: January 01, 2016, 09:25:46 PM »

The Jets SHOULD win but they should've won the first meeting with the Bills too. It is by no means a given they win Sunday.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #470 on: January 03, 2016, 06:23:06 PM »

The Jets SHOULD win but they should've won the first meeting with the Bills too. It is by no means a given they win Sunday.

Steelers are headed to the playoffs beer

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #471 on: January 03, 2016, 07:28:10 PM »

I saw it coming. Being a Jets fan you learn to expect a letdown.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #472 on: January 04, 2016, 09:18:33 AM »

And the Patriots again lose on purpose so they can avoid the Steelers until at least the AFCCG. I kid of course, but Pittsburgh would travel to Denver if they take down Cincy next week to hand Peyton Manning yet another one and done playoff loss. Patriots have struggled down the stretch, to say the least. My hope is that their main guys come back for the playoffs and are at close to 100%. Because if not, it'll probably be a short stay in the post season.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #473 on: January 04, 2016, 09:35:31 AM »

Whats gotta be even more frustrating about the jets... is they legit had a chance to go to the Super Bowl in a wide open conference.

Faldor...

I would very much like u'r offensive coordinator to be the next head coach of the New York Football giants...  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #474 on: January 04, 2016, 09:52:57 AM »

Whats gotta be even more frustrating about the jets... is they legit had a chance to go to the Super Bowl in a wide open conference.

Faldor...

I would very much like u'r offensive coordinator to be the next head coach of the New York Football giants...  Smiley
The Jets played the Pats tough this year, even the first one at Gillette when they were mostly healthy. So I'm not too upset their season is over. Regardless of who the Pats play though, they have to play better. They have a lot of work to do over the next few weeks. A lot!

I could see McDaniels leaving for the Giants. Although their roster took a big hit in terms of talent this year. That defense is full of holes. He's in a position where he can be very selective. He could hold out and wait for Belichick to retire. Or Brady, as long as Tom plays Josh should remain near the top of the list for teams in search of a head coach. Indy could be another possible destination, but I can't see him going to another AFC team. Though he did go from NE to Denver his first time around. But I'd say the Giants would be at the top of his list if that position is open and he wants another shot at head coaching next year.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 09:54:36 AM by faldor » Logged

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #475 on: January 04, 2016, 09:56:55 AM »

Faldor...

The Jets played the Pats tough this year, even the first one at Gillette when they were mostly healthy. So I'm not too upset their season is over. Regardless of who the Pats play though, they have to play better. They have a lot of work to do over the next few weeks. A lot!

I could see McDaniels leaving for the Giants. Although their roster took a big hit in terms of talent this year. That defense is full of holes. He's in a position where he can be very selective. He could hold out and wait for Belichick to retire. Or Brady, as long as Tom plays Josh should remain near the top of hot coaching prospects. Indy could be another possible destination, but I can't see him going to another AFC team. Though he did go from NE to Denver his first time around. But I'd say the Giants would be at the top of his list if that position is open and he wants another shot at head coaching next year.

The defense is a compete mess..but we do have a lot of cap space to make a little splash on that side of the ball.

Yeah.. I would think he couldn't pass on that opportunity...he knows with the Giants that even if they don't win immediately that John mara will be patient.

His career trajectory is very similar to Bill's... I think he'd be a perfect fit. Of course nobody has any clue as to what John Mara thinks...nothing ever leaks with him.

Giants historically only hire people with previous head coaching experience.. so obviously he meets that criteria.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #476 on: January 04, 2016, 10:27:23 AM »

And the Patriots again lose on purpose so they can avoid the Steelers until at least the AFCCG. I kid of course, but Pittsburgh would travel to Denver if they take down Cincy next week to hand Peyton Manning yet another one and done playoff loss. Patriots have struggled down the stretch, to say the least. My hope is that their main guys come back for the playoffs and are at close to 100%. Because if not, it'll probably be a short stay in the post season.

Brady's ankle could be an issue too after that monster hit he took from Suh. He seemed to be walking quite gingerly after the game.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #477 on: January 04, 2016, 01:59:29 PM »

Brady's ankle could be an issue too after that monster hit he took from Suh. He seemed to be walking quite gingerly after the game.
It could be. I think he'll be alright though with the 12 days to recover. It would effect a mobile QB more, which he is not. Now he may not be 100%, but I don't think it should hamper him too much. I'm more concerned that his offensive line will continue to let him get hammered routinely back there. He has no time to throw lately and nobody can get open quick enough. That has to change for them to be successful. Their offense has been quite pedestrian of late.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #478 on: January 04, 2016, 02:39:25 PM »

Coughlin stepping down as Giants coach.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #479 on: January 04, 2016, 03:01:32 PM »

Coughlin stepping down as Giants coach.

Sad but necessary.

I just wish Reese would go with him.