Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 11:26:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 NFL Season
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 NFL Season  (Read 151291 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #320 on: September 17, 2015, 09:29:25 AM »

Poor Vikings, that was just plain awful Sad

Karma for doing everything possible to placate a child abuser?

I do find it kind of weird that the wife beating poster boy is ostracized from the NFL and can't get a job, but the guy who beats his 4 year-old gets his own ESPN commercial pumping his return acting as if Peterson just took the year off.

True. And that is all very confusing, trying to be happy for the team and what they (might) achieve but at the same time this thing is at the back of your mind.

But all that aside, I do find Vikings an interesting team. But monday night was just terrible; not a single TD and Bridgewater with some really bad decisions throughout the game.

Although 49rs weren't as bad as I was expecting and they didn't make it wasy for the Vikes. But what do I know, I just got into this sport beer

It's pretty simple... if Ray Rice was as good as AP was... every team in the league would have signed him.

Rice was trending downward even before his incident with his wife.

I think it's even simpler than that...if there was video of Adrian Peterson whipping the kid till he bled (like there was of Rice cold-cocking his fiancee) he wouldn't be playing right now.

I think you're right and that's pretty messed up to be honest. A video of the incident would not change the incident itself at all, but as it would make it "more real" to the people who are only connected to it by the media, it would not be so easy to overlook.

But back to the game. First game of the week two, Broncos at Kansas. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs win this one, even with the win Broncos offensive just seemed so shaky against Ravens.

Yeah, the game tonight could get ugly fast. I'd almost expect Manning to throw at least 2 INTs tonight.

Odd that Goodell didn't deem Pacman Jones bashing Amari Cooper's head off a helmet worthy of a suspension Huh
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:33:12 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #321 on: September 17, 2015, 10:03:06 AM »

Goodell is an idiot! He's proven that time and again. The decisions he makes don't make much sense. Pacman is a bigger idiot and deserves a suspension. The 35k fine doesn't do it justice.

KC is a tough place to play, especially in a prime time game when the Chiefs are feeling good about themselves. Denver has a lot to prove, despite winning their first game and have won a record 14 straight games in the division. Something has to give. I'm going with Kansas City in this one.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #322 on: September 18, 2015, 02:26:16 AM »

Now that was some game! First it looked pretty damn boring with nothing happening and then it looked like the Chiefs would easily win it, but no Cheesy Crazy ending!

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #323 on: September 18, 2015, 08:18:44 AM »

Now that was some game! First it looked pretty damn boring with nothing happening and then it looked like the Chiefs would easily win it, but no Cheesy Crazy ending!
I can't remember seeing two teams in two straight weeks blow games as badly as the Giants and Chiefs. I'm not sure which was worse. KC pretty much dominated the game and should've won easily, but they made far too many stupid mistakes. And credit to Denver, they took full advantage. Their defense looks like it could be really good this year, and they may need it with Peyton in decline. I'm not sure exactly what to think of him. He looked awful most of the night, making terrible throws. Then he made some great ones, and was vintage Peyton on that last drive. Should be a confidence boost for him going forward. We'll see if that makes a difference.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #324 on: September 18, 2015, 08:39:43 AM »

I can't remember seeing two teams in two straight weeks blow games as badly as the Giants and Chiefs. I'm not sure which was worse. KC pretty much dominated the game and should've won easily, but they made far too many stupid mistakes. And credit to Denver, they took full advantage. Their defense looks like it could be really good this year, and they may need it with Peyton in decline. I'm not sure exactly what to think of him. He looked awful most of the night, making terrible throws. Then he made some great ones, and was vintage Peyton on that last drive. Should be a confidence boost for him going forward. We'll see if that makes a difference.

The Giants was worse because they had the ball int heir hands with the lead and should have easily iced it, and the complete mental breakdown by Eli and the coaching staff was just unfathomable.

Peyton lead the team down the field and tied the game... obviously KC not taking a knee at that point was foolish , but not even close to as ridiculous as the Giants. (I'm a Giant fan)

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #325 on: September 18, 2015, 09:42:17 AM »

The Giants was worse because they had the ball int heir hands with the lead and should have easily iced it, and the complete mental breakdown by Eli and the coaching staff was just unfathomable.

Peyton lead the team down the field and tied the game... obviously KC not taking a knee at that point was foolish , but not even close to as ridiculous as the Giants. (I'm a Giant fan)
True, but KC had many opportunities to put the game away before Denver tied it up. Peyton was putting the ball in their hands regularly, but they couldn't hold onto it. And Denver's D did play great, but KC left a bunch of points on the field.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #326 on: September 18, 2015, 10:14:12 AM »

True, but KC had many opportunities to put the game away before Denver tied it up. Peyton was putting the ball in their hands regularly, but they couldn't hold onto it. And Denver's D did play great, but KC left a bunch of points on the field.

At the end of the day... you can only go so far with Alex Smith steering the ship. KC has players...

but how do you go close to 20 games without throwing a TD pass to a WR? It's hard to believe.

Peyton was throwing ducks all over the field... I've always loved peyton.. come Sunday.. no guy I'd rather have over the past 15 years. (if you tell me Brady... I wont argue with you). But I think this is it for Peyton.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #327 on: September 20, 2015, 01:51:02 PM »

Who is coming to my house for game day?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #328 on: September 20, 2015, 05:08:49 PM »

Man, the g-men continue to shoot themselves in the foot. Time to drown my sorrows in all that pulled pork....

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #329 on: September 20, 2015, 06:54:46 PM »

If romos collarbone isn't broken...I'll share my pulled pork.

But, i'm pretty sure it is, so i'm not worried...

Edit: left clavicle fx. So i don't have to share!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 06:59:54 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #330 on: September 20, 2015, 08:44:55 PM »

The NFC East is a mess. Even Dallas at 2-0 looked terrible today and now is without Romo and Bryant for awhile.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #331 on: September 20, 2015, 08:51:41 PM »

The NFC East is a mess. Even Dallas at 2-0 looked terrible today and now is without Romo and Bryant for awhile.

The Redskins could conceivably win that division with how embarrassingly bad the Eagles look with Bradford at QB.

I don't know if the 49ers are simply horrible or my Steelers are quite good, but I'll take the W Cool

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #332 on: September 20, 2015, 09:15:18 PM »

The Redskins could conceivably win that division with how embarrassingly bad the Eagles look with Bradford at QB.

I don't know if the 49ers are simply horrible or my Steelers are quite good, but I'll take the W Cool
They looked terrible. It was absolutely painful to watch today.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #333 on: September 20, 2015, 09:26:39 PM »

I just don't get the logic in trading away Foles for Bradford who's been injured for almost his entire NFL career. Even trading away McCoy is looking questionable with DeMarco Murray putting up 11 yards over 21 carries through 2 games.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #334 on: September 20, 2015, 10:12:32 PM »

I just don't get the logic in trading away Foles for Bradford who's been injured for almost his entire NFL career. Even trading away McCoy is looking questionable with DeMarco Murray putting up 11 yards over 21 carries through 2 games.
Yep they were talking about it during the game. Some very questionable personnel choices.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #335 on: September 21, 2015, 12:54:28 AM »

Interesting day in the NFL...

Its a long season and only week 2, Eagles have time to right the ship. McCoy had some truly awful games last year as well. It seems to me Kelly replaced a bad qb with an oft-injured QB who hasn't quite shown rather he is really bad or not. Foles is no superstar and Bradford hasn't played in like two seasons before these past 2 weeks. I think they will be ok if they can get a little better line play. Right now I see the same issues eagles had last year, poor o-line, poor qb play.

Even though Giants start 0-2; with Romo, Dez gone, Eagles playing poorly and the Skins in that division, shouldn't this be the Giants division to lose?

Rex talks, Rex loses. Nothing changes. Brady/Belichick now 8-1 vs Rex in last 9 meetings(Since 2010 Play-off loss). GO PATS!

Dolphins continue to blow games they should win. Seems like Suh has rubbed off on some other players too. Stupid late penalty in that one reminded of the Lions with Schwartz.

I'm a little late to the party on the Chiefs but that last play was ridiculously stupid. I'm no coach but I love monday morning quarterbacking these decisions. I don't judge coaching decisions or play-calls on result. I try to judge it in a way that says does this particular play put that particular team in the best possible position in that particular situation. So with that in mind, I hate half-times draws. Those draws at the end of the half that idiot teams do with star running backs to kill clock instead of just downing it. The odds are nothing is going to happen or that something bad can happen in that situation rather that is injury or a turnover.

At the end of the Chiefs game, the king of the half-time draw does it at the end of the game. 19 seconds, no timeouts, and Andy Reid calls a draw play. Why? There is no 70 yard draw run for the win happening. They have no time outs. I just don't get it. After Alex Smith decides to scramble for 10 yards(wtf?) and burn the only time out, its time to down it and go to over time. Chiefs are not a big play team. They win by playing defense and ball control offense. They do not work as well in situations that require speed or have the clock working against them. With so little time, the best possible move for this particular Chiefs team is to go to overtime. Andy Reid should be getting killed in the media for making the worst possible decision for his team at the end of the game, but because Charles fumbles he gets a pass. It doesn't matter if he fumbles or not, the choice to do anything there was a disadvantage to how that team is built and wins games. Dumb decision in my mind. 

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #336 on: September 21, 2015, 01:42:27 AM »

Go Vikes beer Even though it's early in the season and 0-2 would not be the end of the world, this was an important win. Pretty huge improvement after the 49ers game!

Just watch this one: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000534203/Can-t-Miss-Play-Bridgewater-flips-it-to-Peterson-for-49-yards?campaign=fb-nf-sf13292289-sf13292289
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:00:16 AM by kaasupoltin » Logged

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #337 on: September 21, 2015, 08:45:26 AM »

I love it when Rex Ryan runs his mouth and than gets punched in his fat face.  Grin

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #338 on: September 21, 2015, 01:53:15 PM »

I love it when Rex Ryan runs his mouth and than gets punched in his fat face.  Grin
He was still running his mouth after the game, or at least not backing down from his pregame comments about not knowing the name of the Patriots RB. Asked about that after Dion Lewis gained 138 yards (40 rushing, 98 receiving) against the vaunted Bills defense Rex responded that he still didn't know his name. And that he should try to run the ball next time.

Just because your team couldn't pass, or stop the pass yesterday, doesn't mean that the Patriots need to play down to your level. It's called playing to your strengths. Maybe try it sometime.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #339 on: September 22, 2015, 12:11:13 AM »

Really good win for the Jets tonight. Their defense looked really good. Based on their upcoming schedule it's not impossible they go into Gillette 5-0.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: