Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 04:09:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 NFL Season
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 NFL Season  (Read 151694 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #300 on: September 14, 2015, 09:27:12 AM »

Suggs goes for Bradford's knees in preseason and then tears his own Achilles yesterday.. Shocked

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #301 on: September 14, 2015, 09:30:49 AM »

Suggs goes for Bradford's knees in preseason and then tears his own Achilles yesterday.. Shocked
That could be quite a large loss for Baltimore. The Ravens were a sneaky Super Bowl pick, even with their offensive weapons lacking. The key to their season was their defense, and the key to their defense is probably Suggs. I won't completely write them off yet, but that's a tough loss for sure. I am not a fan of Suggs by any means, but you hate to see guys lost for the season in week 1.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #302 on: September 14, 2015, 10:27:18 AM »

The G-men's defense wasn't all that impressive 2nd half, either...which is my big worry for them this year.  They have to find a good, consistent, way to rush the passer.

But, honestly: a 1 pt loss IN Dallas? I can live with that.  If this were game 7 or 8 of the season...I don't think anyone would even blink.

I think the sudden disappearance of Dez at the end of the 1st quarter threw the Dallas offensive game plan for a bit of a loop. I thought after the first 10:30 of the game that Dallas would have it's way with the Giants, but they came crashing back down to earth after that first quarter... so who knows what it would have looked like with a healthy Dez through 4...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #303 on: September 14, 2015, 12:56:18 PM »

That could be quite a large loss for Baltimore. The Ravens were a sneaky Super Bowl pick, even with their offensive weapons lacking. The key to their season was their defense, and the key to their defense is probably Suggs. I won't completely write them off yet, but that's a tough loss for sure. I am not a fan of Suggs by any means, but you hate to see guys lost for the season in week 1.

Without Suggs and the Ravens' offense looking lackluster aside from Steve Smith, it could very well be a 2-way race between the Steelers and Bengals. The Broncos offense probably looked worse than the Ravens' given how outstanding their defense looks under Wade Phillips. If that's any indication of how effective Manning is gonna' be this year then I think it's safe to say the Chiefs or Chargers will take the division.

New season, same ol' Jay Cutler hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #304 on: September 14, 2015, 04:38:47 PM »

in response to Pilferk's statement that Coughlin and Eli agreed a run should have been called, I say...COME ON ELI!  Own it!
That's just (in my opinion) Coughlin taking the heat for pouty-boy Eli.
If Eli had half a brain, he'd have taken the sack.
Oh no, lose 10 yards...it would have made the 19 yard field goal a 29 yarder.

a bit of a pyrrhic victory though as Dallas will be missing Dez for 4-6 weeks.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #305 on: September 14, 2015, 05:47:51 PM »

Anything but a incomplete pass on that play would've been preferable. Cowboys lose another 35-40 seconds at least game over.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #306 on: September 14, 2015, 06:06:13 PM »

in response to Pilferk's statement that Coughlin and Eli agreed a run should have been called, I say...COME ON ELI!  Own it!
That's just (in my opinion) Coughlin taking the heat for pouty-boy Eli.
If Eli had half a brain, he'd have taken the sack.
Oh no, lose 10 yards...it would have made the 19 yard field goal a 29 yarder.

a bit of a pyrrhic victory though as Dallas will be missing Dez for 4-6 weeks.

Eli did own it. He said HE should have called a run audible at the line.

coughlin said he shoukd have called a run play.

eli also agreed, after the snap, he should have taken the sack.

They both totally owned it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #307 on: September 14, 2015, 07:00:36 PM »

They both totally screwed up plain and simple. Dallas should've had no more then 40-45 seconds with no timeouts to score.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #308 on: September 14, 2015, 07:00:53 PM »

Its out now Jennings was told not to score on first and second down so they can burn clock Huh Huh Huh

So that sequence basically went, don't score/burn clock, don't score/burn clock, Incomplete pass and stop clock, then kick field goal. Just really, really bad coaching in a critical situation. Eli should know better but the coaches put him in the position to make those decisions and I can't believe nobody told him on 3rd down to throw or go down even if they think he knows. Its just crazy. Personally I don't understand why they didn't run 4 times. They are up by three, they've done decently with the run. I say try to score 4 times running the ball. If they don't get it, Dallas probably starts at the 1 with under a minute and is playing for the field goal over anything else.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 07:03:47 PM by Sober_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #309 on: September 14, 2015, 09:25:55 PM »

Without Suggs and the Ravens' offense looking lackluster aside from Steve Smith, it could very well be a 2-way race between the Steelers and Bengals. The Broncos offense probably looked worse than the Ravens' given how outstanding their defense looks under Wade Phillips. If that's any indication of how effective Manning is gonna' be this year then I think it's safe to say the Chiefs or Chargers will take the division.

New season, same ol' Jay Cutler hihi
Yeah, Peyton did not look too good. After a rough finish to last season, not what Denver wanted to see. But, it's only 1 game, and the Ravens do get after it pretty good on D. Broncos defense played well enough, Peyton didn't have to. They may have to rely on their D a little more this season.

The Colts looked bad and Bills looked real good. Colts again look like a soft team with a bad defense. Not sure why they haven't tried to build up that defense the past few years. Luck can only get you so far. And apparently Andre Johnson looked pretty bad yesterday, so I'm not sure he's the answer with Hilton sidelined.

I still refuse to trust the Bengals for the long haul. At least not when it counts. Still think the Ravens can be a factor. It'll be another long and cold winter in Cleveland it would seem.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #310 on: September 14, 2015, 10:26:21 PM »

An article on why Belichick is such a good coach, and none of it has to do with cheating. I'm telling you. Watch "Do Your Job" or the two part "A Football Life" on Belichick. Both show countless examples of how brilliant he is at what he does.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/all-football-bill-belichick-leaves-his-narrative-to-his-friends-and-enemies/2015/09/09/ad68398a-566b-11e5-8bb1-b488d231bba2_story.html

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #311 on: September 14, 2015, 11:03:04 PM »

Its out now Jennings was told not to score on first and second down so they can burn clock Huh Huh Huh

So that sequence basically went, don't score/burn clock, don't score/burn clock, Incomplete pass and stop clock, then kick field goal. Just really, really bad coaching in a critical situation. Eli should know better but the coaches put him in the position to make those decisions and I can't believe nobody told him on 3rd down to throw or go down even if they think he knows. Its just crazy. Personally I don't understand why they didn't run 4 times. They are up by three, they've done decently with the run. I say try to score 4 times running the ball. If they don't get it, Dallas probably starts at the 1 with under a minute and is playing for the field goal over anything else.
Exactly! If Dallas would've had 45 seconds left it would've been a lot.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #312 on: September 15, 2015, 02:33:35 AM »

Poor Vikings, that was just plain awful Sad

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #313 on: September 15, 2015, 08:23:52 AM »

Karma for doing everything possible to placate a child abuser?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #314 on: September 15, 2015, 11:49:14 AM »

Minnesota Vikings resembled nothing that made them a trendy pick to make the playoff leap in 2015 as they bumbled and slunk their way to a 20-3 loss to the San Francisco 49ers Monday night.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #315 on: September 15, 2015, 12:42:30 PM »

I do find it kind of weird that the wife beating poster boy is ostracized from the NFL and can't get a job, but the guy who beats his 4 year-old gets his own ESPN commercial pumping his return acting as if Peterson just took the year off.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #316 on: September 16, 2015, 02:34:19 AM »

I do find it kind of weird that the wife beating poster boy is ostracized from the NFL and can't get a job, but the guy who beats his 4 year-old gets his own ESPN commercial pumping his return acting as if Peterson just took the year off.

True. And that is all very confusing, trying to be happy for the team and what they (might) achieve but at the same time this thing is at the back of your mind.

But all that aside, I do find Vikings an interesting team. But monday night was just terrible; not a single TD and Bridgewater with some really bad decisions throughout the game.

Although 49rs weren't as bad as I was expecting and they didn't make it wasy for the Vikes. But what do I know, I just got into this sport beer

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #317 on: September 16, 2015, 08:47:56 AM »

True. And that is all very confusing, trying to be happy for the team and what they (might) achieve but at the same time this thing is at the back of your mind.

But all that aside, I do find Vikings an interesting team. But monday night was just terrible; not a single TD and Bridgewater with some really bad decisions throughout the game.

Although 49rs weren't as bad as I was expecting and they didn't make it wasy for the Vikes. But what do I know, I just got into this sport beer

It's pretty simple... if Ray Rice was as good as AP was... every team in the league would have signed him.

Rice was trending downward even before his incident with his wife.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #318 on: September 16, 2015, 09:59:02 PM »

It's pretty simple... if Ray Rice was as good as AP was... every team in the league would have signed him.

I think it's even simpler than that...if there was video of Adrian Peterson whipping the kid till he bled (like there was of Rice cold-cocking his fiancee) he wouldn't be playing right now.
Yeah, Rice was trending down, but he'd still be getting legit try-outs everywhere (lots of teams could use an experienced RB).

Rice isn't signed purely and simply because there was video of his shithead actions.

Once it's on video, it never goes away.

I still can't look at Jennifer Lawrence's face without craving extra glaze on my gluten-free donuts.   Grin

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #319 on: September 17, 2015, 04:10:57 AM »

I think it's even simpler than that...if there was video of Adrian Peterson whipping the kid till he bled (like there was of Rice cold-cocking his fiancee) he wouldn't be playing right now.

I think you're right and that's pretty messed up to be honest. A video of the incident would not change the incident itself at all, but as it would make it "more real" to the people who are only connected to it by the media, it would not be so easy to overlook.

But back to the game. First game of the week two, Broncos at Kansas. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs win this one, even with the win Broncos offensive just seemed so shaky against Ravens.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 05:03:40 AM by kaasupoltin » Logged

BEEP.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: