Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 10:10:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Del James Says Media Portrays Axl Incorrectly
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Del James Says Media Portrays Axl Incorrectly  (Read 14509 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 12:19:34 PM »

Axl has been a public figure for almost 30 years now.  The public perception of him is pretty much set based on his actions, as they would be for any public figure in the limelight that long. 

Do I have to remind you that you are doing the same thing the media does? For example with your classic "the band has a reputation to cancel shows" schtick from last year?
That's exactly the point. The media often chooses to focus on negative things. Things that happened a long time ago. Even you do the same thing.

Which one will give a "better" story? The show started at 11:30PM or the show started at 9:20PM?

A lot of the negativity has been corrected. Do people care? Not really.

Ironic that you're on a fan site posting about how it's almost right for the media and anyone else to assume Axl is the way he's portrayed. No level of support for his side though. And this from a fan... Like I said, are you afraid of your "reputation" or something?
Let's see, can we get you to say something even remotely nice about Axl today? Still waiting....

Man, your act is boring. If you don't like somebody saying something nice about Axl, just stay out of the topic altogether. Simple as that. ok

As for this, I suspect we have VERY different definitions of what qualifies as "bullshit".

Probably.
For people with a supposed open minds and able to think freely, it's quite astounding how much some will believe. As long as it's negative.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 12:25:50 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 12:39:21 PM »

That's a lot of wasted fire over something that neither you, I, nor anyone will ever change.

But if it pumps you up to fire off a post like that, hey, good on ya.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 01:00:16 PM »

That's all there is, 2 minutes of an interview?

What you did you expect? a 3 hour wait, half a dozen solo's, 20 minutes of KOHD, a rant about all the Slash tee-shirts, the late finish, the same set-list, security being heavy-handed, a fucking mosspit, DJ Ashba playing a bum note, an explanation into what Mother Goose does, on his 3 birthdays a year, BBF's beard morphing into Duff, "popcorn" getting to do 60 flawless takes of Civil War in a row, all whilst Axl eats a roast lamb dinner  rant

Get a grip man, get a grip..... Wink
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 01:14:40 PM »

That's all there is, 2 minutes of an interview?

What you did you expect? a 3 hour wait, half a dozen solo's, 20 minutes of KOHD, a rant about all the Slash tee-shirts, the late finish, the same set-list, security being heavy-handed, a fucking mosspit, DJ Ashba playing a bum note, an explanation into what Mother Goose does, on his 3 birthdays a year, BBF's beard morphing into Duff, "popcorn" getting to do 60 flawless takes of Civil War in a row, all whilst Axl eats a roast lamb dinner  rant

Get a grip man, get a grip..... Wink

So none of that happened?  Fuck... Shocked
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 01:20:01 PM »

That would have been the interview of the year.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 02:15:27 PM »

That's a lot of wasted fire over something that neither you, I, nor anyone will ever change.

It'd be nice if you actually managed to prove me wrong once in a whinle...... Cheesy

This story has been posted on more than one news site now.
Making the rounds.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 03:00:56 PM »

It'd be nice if you actually managed to prove me wrong once in a whinle...... Cheesy

This story has been posted on more than one news site now.
Making the rounds.  ok

/jarmo

Jarmo, are you saying that the media's portrayal of Axl (as a malcontent, reclusive diva, prone to irrational outbursts, etc.) is unfounded, or that the media is only focusing on the negative and not giving any weight to his good qualities?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 03:50:17 PM »

Jarmo, are you saying that the media's portrayal of Axl (as a malcontent, reclusive diva, prone to irrational outbursts, etc.) is unfounded, or that the media is only focusing on the negative and not giving any weight to his good qualities?

Unfounded? I guess they have their reasons. If you don't see somebody attending the red carpets and whatnot, then he must be a recluse!
It's just ridiculous. Some people prefer to stay at home, or stay away from photographers. Doesn't make them reclusive. 

Does the press write about all those shows where nothing negative happened? Not really.
In fact, if nothing like that happened, it's just best to remind everybody of how something happened somewhere else and how the band isn't the old band (20 something years later, this still goes on).

Does anybody know when the journalists stopped mentioning Altamont when reviewing the Rolling Stones shows? For reference sake. Wink

Are you saying that kind of opinions are accurate and truthful? Do you believe in all that yourself?

Why does it seem like it's the same fans who have the most problems with anything GN'R related (Axl, band itself, shows, management etc.) are also the ones who question the fact that the media thrives on negativity? For some reason, these people are quick to use their free thinking capabilities to question anything GN'R says or does, yet fail to use the same capabilities when something negative is said. Is it because these same people share the public view of Axl as the dictator who hates his fans?

Let's see if any of you can admit that what Dell said is warranted. I don't think any of you did that yet. Amazingly enough. Instead it's more of the same "It's Axl's own fault".

---> Insert reply about Pity Party(TM) here.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:56:55 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 03:57:05 PM »

Why does it seem like it's the same fans who have the most problems with anything GN'R related (Axl, band itself, shows, management etc.) are also the ones who question the fact that the media thrives on negativity?

Do people question it?  Or just not make with the phony surprise that's how the world works?

I can only speak for myself, but I have not said one word in this thread about Del being a liar or Axl being a terrible person.  Has that happened somewhere?

What I *have* said, in this thread and for time immemorial, is that if you are going to stomp your feet and threaten to hold your breath until "the media" starts to say flowery things about Axl Rose...then you are going to die from lack of oxygen.

Your whole beef seems to be that we won't join you in Fantasyland.  Which as "true fans" is a journey we are supposed to be all about.

Nah, sorry.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 04:01:20 PM »

Let's see if any of you can admit that what Dell said is warranted. I don't think any of you did that yet. Amazingly enough. Instead it's more of the same "It's Axl's own fault".

What is this little challenge supposed to mean?

We are supposed to weigh in on whether Axl did or did not pay some of Del's bills?  Has someone called bullshit on that?

Kindly quote the post where that happened, because I must be missing it.  And since you have gone back to it multiple times, you obviously see it somewhere.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2015, 04:04:09 PM »

I can only speak for myself, but I have not said one word in this thread about Del being a liar or Axl being a terrible person.  Has that happened somewhere?

No, you haven't managed to say anything positive about it at all!
You always seem to fail at this unless, specifically ASKED.

Your whole beef seems to be that we won't join you in Fantasyland.  Which as "true fans" is a journey we are supposed to be all about.

I have no interest regarding your place of residency.

All I have asked you to do, in this very thread, is to acknowledge the fact that the media writes a lot of negative stuff about your favorite band and its singer.

You have not done that. Instead of saying "Del is right" you go on about how you didn't call him a liar.
Instead of saying "Yes, it's true that negativity sells", you go on about how Axl doesn't do enough nice things.

The usual spin! Avoid compliments at all costs!

Not too long ago, which ones of you were questioning the comments Richard made about Axl? The usual suspects.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:07:41 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2015, 04:13:52 PM »

No, you haven't managed to say anything positive about it at all!
You always seem to fail at this unless, specifically ASKED.

Dude...seriously?  Needy much?

You have not done that. Instead of saying "Del is right" you go on about how you didn't call him a liar.

How is "Del is right" not the same "I agree" type of post you just told me last week wasn't interesting?  Now it is?

Not one person here is even attempting to refute the big mystery you and Del have solved that "the media" are mean boys just being mean.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:17:54 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2015, 04:25:44 PM »

Dude...seriously?  Needy much?

Wanna see needy? Look in the mirror. "I deserve attention, people like me. My posts need to be seen".....  hihi

How is "Del is right" not the same "I agree" type of post you just told me last week wasn't interesting?  Now it is?

Hahaha. So you didn't say it because you followed the rules and "I agree" isn't allowed?
That's a spin. You can't agree because you don't wanna break the rules, so you make a longer post about how it's all Axl's fault and the media isn't to blame instead.
Hahaha. Wow.Yet another classic lame ass excuse from you. Like the one about not being able to focus on more than two threads at the same time so you couldn't say anything nice in a third.  hihi

Just answer this simple question. It's very ismple:

Do you agree with the following statement: Media Portrays Axl Incorrectly?
Yes [  ]
No [  ]

Thanks for your participation.

PS Don't use a Sharpie and put the check mark on your screen!

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2015, 04:29:26 PM »

Just answer this simple question. It's very ismple:

Do you agree with the following statement: Media Portrays Axl Incorrectly?
Yes [  ]
No [  ]

Thanks for your participation.

I'd lean towards no, but that doesn't mean its 100%. 

I think their portrayal (otherwise known as "noticing things") is more right than wrong.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2015, 04:32:02 PM »

I think their portrayal (otherwise known as "noticing things") is more right than wrong.

That explains everything.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2015, 04:36:19 PM »

That explains everything.

One of my truisms in life is that next to nothing is 100% absolute, but nor is anything really actually, literally, 50/50.  Most times, things lean a certain way, one or the other.

That is how I would describe your question as well.  On balance, I think they have it more right than wrong.  Its just a question of how you assign the percentage.

And if all you have to attempt to refute any claim (pro or con) is that there are all sorts of super secret stuff I don't know about, that means fuck all to me.  Any anecdotal tales (again, pro or con) that can't be proven or disproven carry no weight in any legitimate conversation.

Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2015, 04:43:33 PM »

Are you trying to claim ownership of Pareto's Principle here....LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2015, 04:49:50 PM »

Take this post here, just for example.

Look at those three examples in bold.  On balance, are all three not true?  I sure think they are.  That's how I'd put it.  On balance, they are true.

Now, if you want to tell me there is more to the man than that, I'll agree.  But if you are going to try and tell me they are all mistaken?  Nah, can't join you there.

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2015, 05:12:07 PM »

Take this post here, just for example.

Look at those three examples in bold.  On balance, are all three not true?  I sure think they are.  That's how I'd put it.  On balance, they are true.

Now, if you want to tell me there is more to the man than that, I'll agree.  But if you are going to try and tell me they are all mistaken?  Nah, can't join you there.

Correct.  If the question is, "does the media focus too much on the negatives of Axl Rose" I would answer yes.  And that gets us into the realm of negativity (and controversy) sells in the press.  No shit.  To that end, Axl is no different than any other celebrity.  I'm sure Bill Cosby has done plenty of wonderful things, but the media ain't focusing on that lately.

What's unfair to Axl, IMO, is that a lot of the behavior the media refers to is stuff that happened 15, 20+ years ago.  But, he was intentionally out of the spotlight for so long that when he came back, that was their frame of reference.  It sounds like you're saying Axl hasn't done anything wrong (ever), and that the way he is portrayed by the media is unfounded.  I disagree with that.  For sure, the media focuses too much on the negatives, but I don't they're entirely making it all up.  Remember, Axl has admitted to making mistakes before.

Also, how would it be possible for the media (or the public) to focus on private, good things he's done?  How could we ever commend him for being nice to Del until Del told the story? 
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2015, 05:15:49 PM »

---> Insert reply about Pity Party(TM) here.

/jarmo

Dude, my exact post was "it's a good interview.  Del is obviously close and loyal to Axl and vice versa."  How is that, in any way, shape or form, negative, critical, refuting Del's claims or otherwise blaming Axl?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: