Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:57:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Del James Says Media Portrays Axl Incorrectly
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Del James Says Media Portrays Axl Incorrectly  (Read 14562 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« on: March 03, 2015, 01:45:09 AM »

Del James, a close friend of GUNS N' ROSES lead singer Axl Rose who also works as the band's road manager, says that Rose is not nearly as hard to deal with as he is portrayed in the media.

During an appearance earlier tonight on "At The Fights", a boxing talk show on SiriusXM, James spoke about his relationship with Axl.

He said: "I've been down with [Rose] since 1985. If the guy was as difficult as people say he is, no one could have stuck it out that long. There's no amount of money worth that big of a headache. And the reality is, the truth of the matter is, whenever my kids needed something and I couldn't afford it ? whatever it was; a medical bill or whatever ? he was the first one [to say] 'Yeah, I got it. And don't worry about it.'

He is the guy who you call if you make a mistake and need to be bailed out at 4 o'clock in the morning. He makes sure you're taken care of, and he looks after his better than anyone else I can think of."

"At The Fights" with Randy "Commish" Gordon and "Gentleman" Gerry Cooney airs Mondays and Fridays 6-8 p.m. EST on SiriusXM Sports Zone channel 92 at the SiriusXM app.

Del's short story about a woman who kills herself was reportedly the inspiration for the GUNS N' ROSES video for the song "November Rain".

The last GUNS N' ROSES album, "Chinese Democracy", came out in 2008 and ended a 17-year gap between collections of all-new material.

Rose, guitarist D.J. Ashba and other members of the current lineup have hinted at material recorded during the "Chinese Democracy" sessions that has yet to surface.
Rose is the only original member of GUNS N' ROSES still in the current lineup, which has toured intermittently since 2006 and played its second Las Vegas residency last year.

Listen to interview here
https://m.soundcloud.com/siriusxmsportszone/del-james-shares-enlightening-information-on-axl-rose-on-sports-zone-92

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose-is-the-guy-you-call-if-you-make-a-mistake-and-need-to-be-bailed-out-at-4-oclock-in-the-morning/#jJ4qw4ccgiulB17l.99
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:59:39 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 05:10:46 AM »

Thanks for posting!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 08:04:53 AM »

Thanks for posting.

Yeah, negativity, bullshit and sensationalism sells.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 08:30:52 AM »

That's all there is, 2 minutes of an interview?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 08:44:06 AM »

Well geez... I would sure hope the guy who paid his debts off and helped him with his kids has good things to say about him..

I think we all understand Axl is a good loyal dude to his people.

The sensationalism and negativity has more to do with the late concert starts, riots and songs like with controversial lyrics... all stuff that happened a while back.

But anyway, wasn't Del interviewed about boxing? Does anybody know what makes him an authority on boxing? lol...

Or is he just a big fan who is somewhat famous?

Edit: and btw if Axl Rose wasn't the bad ass motherfucker with all the "negativity" then he'd be Bon jovi... and raise ur hand if you are all big Bon Jovi fans
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 08:59:57 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 08:57:07 AM »

That's all there is, 2 minutes of an interview?

I'm guessing the rest was about boxing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 09:34:44 AM »

The public can only go by what they are given.  If Axl chose to show more of the side of him that his friends seem to describe, his public perception would be very different.

But he doesn't choose to show that side, for whatever reason.  His public perception is based on the side he does choose to show.

Life is what you make it.  It not on the public to do their own background check on the man, or any person in public life.

Cuts both ways too.  Perhaps there is a famous person with a pretty solid rep who is actually a huge dick if you really got to know him.  We only go by what we can see.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 09:35:39 AM »

Well geez... I would sure hope the guy who paid his debts off and helped him with his kids has good things to say about him..

The sensationalism and negativity has more to do with the late concert starts, riots and songs like with controversial lyrics... all stuff that happened a while back.

But anyway, wasn't Del interviewed about boxing? Does anybody know what makes him an authority on boxing? lol...

Edit: and btw if Axl Rose wasn't the bad ass motherfucker with all the "negativity" then he'd be Bon jovi... and raise ur hand if you are all big Bon Jovi fans

Yeah, I was also wondering what was Del doing on a boxing show?didn?t know he was a fan.

Did anyone find it funny that he said no amount of money would cause him to stick around and then followed that up with Axl bails him out when he?s short on cash?  Cheesy Regardless, it?s a good interview.  Del is obviously close and loyal to Axl and vice versa.

Does anyone else feel like the GnR hits are mounting up?  DJ and Richard interviews, revamped Nightrain, now Del?I hope this is all moving towards an album release or new song.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 09:38:08 AM »

Yeah, I was also wondering what was Del doing on a boxing show?didn?t know he was a fan.

Did anyone find it funny that he said no amount of money would cause him to stick around and then followed that up with Axl bails him out when he?s short on cash?  Cheesy Regardless, it?s a good interview.  Del is obviously close and loyal to Axl and vice versa.

Does anyone else feel like the GnR hits are mounting up?  DJ and Richard interviews, revamped Nightrain, now Del?I hope this is all moving towards an album release or new song.

I'm not unhappy about the interviews that's for sure... but GNR is only a sliver of what they are discussing at the moment.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 09:39:14 AM »

I'm not unhappy about the interviews that's for sure... but GNR is only a sliver of what they are discussing at the moment.

I know...I'm trying to be glass half full here.  I've given up being negative for lent.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 09:51:13 AM »

I know...I'm trying to be glass half full here.  I've given up being negative for lent.

Hahahaha

I do think the tone of this latest batch are pretty good.  At least its not more "who knows?" type stuff.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 10:03:24 AM »

The public can only go by what they are given. 

Somebody says something nice about the guy and automagically you appear to "defend" all the negativity? Why not comment on the fact that it's nice to hear something positive about Axl once in a while? Like the recent comment by Kid Rock. Because as you pointed out, the media doesn't spend a lot of time writing about that.

Axl's done plenty of nice things over the years. But those things get overlooked or quickly forgotten because it doesn't interest people.
You of all people should know that the negativity isn't an accurate picture. You, as a fan, should be aware of this. But instead of acknowledging it, you write a defense for the negativity.

Edited to add: Don't tell me you're not aware of anything good Axl's done....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:17:19 AM by jarmo » Logged

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 10:32:33 AM »

Well after 25 years we all know that.

What about new music?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 10:39:55 AM »

Well after 25 years we all know that.

What about new music?

After 25 years, you know it'll be out when it'll be out. Cheesy

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 10:54:21 AM »

Somebody says something nice about the guy and automagically you appear to "defend" all the negativity? Why not comment on the fact that it's nice to hear something positive about Axl once in a while? Like the recent comment by Kid Rock. Because as you pointed out, the media doesn't spend a lot of time writing about that.

Axl's done plenty of nice things over the years. But those things get overlooked or quickly forgotten because it doesn't interest people.
You of all people should know that the negativity isn't an accurate picture. You, as a fan, should be aware of this. But instead of acknowledging it, you write a defense for the negativity.

Its not a "defense of negativity". 

I have never once, not now, not ever, felt it was my place or duty to "correct the record" when someone dares to say something bad about Axl.  I'm a fan of the man's music.  He's not my kid.

Del's gripe is not with "the media".  Its with his own buddy, the best guy ever, for not showing the public that side of himself so they might see him the same way. 

So go bother him about it, not me.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 11:01:18 AM »

You wrote a post about how you can only judge a person by what you see openly available to you.
As a GN'R fan, you should know more than the average Joe who reads about Axl. Yet, you offer zero understanding to where Del is coming from.

And now, you fail to acknowledge it again. You just complain about me asking you these questions.

It seems like you don't wanna agree with him because you're afraid it will ruin your "reputation" or something. Instead of saying "Yes, the media writes a lot of bullshit." you just go on and on about how it's ok because Axl doesn't show his good side.  Yet, as a fan, you've seen examples of this plenty of times.

I'm not gonna go bother Del. He didn't post here saying the bs you said. That was your post. Smiley

/jarmo

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 11:30:43 AM »

Thanks for posting.

Yeah, negativity, bullshit and sensationalism sells.

/jarmo

Idem

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 11:42:34 AM »

You wrote a post about how you can only judge a person by what you see openly available to you.
As a GN'R fan, you should know more than the average Joe who reads about Axl. Yet, you offer zero understanding to where Del is coming from.

Its not that I don't understand his point and how he sees things.  Its just that he's pissing into the wind.

Axl has been a public figure for almost 30 years now.  The public perception of him is pretty much set based on his actions, as they would be for any public figure in the limelight that long.  That horse is long out of the barn.

Short of a DeLorean, and a willingness to do things differently when he goes back to Hill Valley, this will not change.  Lamenting the injustice of it all is totally pointless.

Even if you want to go all in on how "true fans" know what's up and that's what really matters, I say embrace that.  If you feel you have the accurate picture, who cares what anyone else says or thinks?  Do you need their validation that badly?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 11:45:18 AM »

It seems like you don't wanna agree with him because you're afraid it will ruin your "reputation" or something. Instead of saying "Yes, the media writes a lot of bullshit." you just go on and on about how it's ok because Axl doesn't show his good side.  Yet, as a fan, you've seen examples of this plenty of times.

As for this, I suspect we have VERY different definitions of what qualifies as "bullshit".

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 12:09:30 PM »

Friends By 30 Years

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: