Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 07:01:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228473 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Del James Says Media Portrays Axl Incorrectly
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Del James Says Media Portrays Axl Incorrectly  (Read 15538 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2015, 11:14:38 AM »

But the other part of that is that you as a public figure ultimately have a lot of say in how you are perceived.

Yes, we all know this.
It's still kinda amazing that certain GN'R fans like yourself, who has the ability to dig a little deeper than the average Joe, still has the exact same mindset as the average Joe....

I like the man's music a great deal.

That hardly means I'm going to endorse letting "lies" about him go unchallenged for years as some great plan.  Nor have a hell of a lot of sympathy for him finally getting around to addressing them, long after the irreparable damage is done, and have him say he got a raw deal.

Did he?  Or did he enable misinformation to become accepted fact through his own inaction?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2015, 11:16:52 AM »

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how much he talks. You still think the media is treating him fairly.
Just a little hint, he's not like everybody else. So don't get all upset if he doesn't kiss the media's ass like many other artists. I know you don't like that.

I guess he's just showing the world too, hmm?

His own documented dissatisfaction at his portrayal, and your clear unhappiness with how he's treated, these are proof he's playing it the right way?

If you say so.  Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2015, 11:30:02 AM »

I base that comment on repeated instances of you thinking once some indeterminate amount of time passes, such things should not be mentioned any longer.

You've gone down that road with any number of topics.  But, the common denominator is that they are all negative.  Really can't say I've seen you take something positive from however far back and say it should stopped being mentioned.

Hell, just yesterday.  You still want to talk about the KOHD single's proceeds, but not about Montreal.  We are talking about things that happened, quite literally, weeks apart.  One you will gladly discuss, one needs to be dismissed.  The motivation seems obvious.

No?

Hahahahahaha!

Poor you and your Pity Party (TM).

It's called DEAD HORSE. It's been there before you even showed up. It's there for a reason because people like you seem to find it interesting to dwell on the negative for decades. Others deal with it once and move on.

Some of us don't want you ruining every thread to be about the "lack of promotion" or "the reputation of canceling shows".
We have a special little tree house for people like yourself, we call it Dead Horse.

I find little interest in talking about Montreal 1992. Sorry. The only reason I brought up the single was because it was an example of something good. Because some of you don't know that Axl ever did anything good. It was just one example. It wasn't meant to create this debate where you can bring all the shit to the table and start your old "but this was wrong" routine all over again.

Your act all along has been to always spin everything and add something negative. I posted some good things, there you were pointing out the bad things. And then you think there's some kind of hidden motive.

The only motive is to keep people like you away from ruining every single thread with your "honest opinions" that we've heard for decades. You like the band music. Yes we know. Too bad you don't like the band enough to fit in here. And that's why you'll never feel welcome here no mater how much you cry about it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2015, 11:36:48 AM »

Good talk.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2015, 11:37:38 AM »

guys...everytime I come here, I have the impression to read D-GenerationX & jarmo private conversations

am I in your pm box without noticing?  Tongue

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2015, 11:39:01 AM »

I think that guy is confusing this board for some other site.... Or a blog!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2015, 11:40:16 AM »

guys...everytime I come here, I have the impression to read D-GenerationX & jarmo private conversations

am I in your pm box without noticing?  Tongue

We have them.  They aren't much different.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2015, 11:51:17 AM »

ahah...but I like your exchanges, makes me thinks with different perspectives sometimes

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2015, 12:08:50 PM »

ahah...but I like your exchanges, makes me thinks with different perspectives sometimes

Thanks.

That's the whole point, I think.  Get some different perspectives.  I absolutely have changed my views on some things and my outlook about certain aspects of the operation after posting here and reading some different takes.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2015, 01:06:14 PM »

Thanks.

That's the whole point, I think.  Get some different perspectives.  I absolutely have changed my views on some things and my outlook about certain aspects of the operation after posting here and reading some different takes.

Agreed.  I would say I've become a more knowledgeable fan since coming here.  But I enjoy the back and forth and people's different perspectives on things.  That's why I thought Jarmo's  "you'll never feel welcome here" comment odd.  It kind of reinforces the cult-like perception of this forum that we all must think and act alike to fit in and be true fans. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2015, 01:30:12 PM »

Agreed.  I would say I've become a more knowledgeable fan since coming here.  But I enjoy the back and forth and people's different perspectives on things.  That's why I thought Jarmo's  "you'll never feel welcome here" comment odd.  It kind of reinforces the cult-like perception of this forum that we all must think and act alike to fit in and be true fans. 

He's the Lou Gossett Jr. to my Richard Gere in our production of 'A Poster And A Fan'.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2015, 01:39:51 PM »

"I got no where else to go!!!!!!"  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2015, 01:44:11 PM »

"I got no where else to go!!!!!!"  hihi

Hahahahaha

It's true, in a way.  The other GNR boards I go to look at me like I have 3 heads when I try and talk about the band's future.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2015, 01:55:42 PM »

That's why I thought Jarmo's  "you'll never feel welcome here" comment odd.  It kind of reinforces the cult-like perception of this forum that we all must think and act alike to fit in and be true fans. 

Whatever you say.

The reality of the situation is that I never intended to have a site aimed at people who like the band music who harbor some kind of negative views about the band. There's plenty of web sites on the Internet for that kind of opinions and I got no interest in providing such outlet for those people. This is a fan site. My definition of the kind of fan site I would visit. Not your definition, or his definition.

Some have a very hard time understanding this part. And I'll keep repeating it.
I don't care if you think it's a cult, or we are all brainwashed. I just don't care. You're a name on a screen. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, since this is a fan site, I admit that I have some "standards". Occasionally I'm surprised by the lack of.... I don't know what it's a lack of to be honest, but it's presents itself occasionally when I encounter posters who really have very little idea about what Axl or GN'R is about.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2015, 02:05:29 PM »

Also, since this is a fan site, I admit that I have some "standards". Occasionally I'm surprised by the lack of.... I don't know what it's a lack of to be honest, but it's presents itself occasionally when I encounter posters who really have very little idea about what Axl or GN'R is about.

Conformity

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2015, 02:13:10 PM »

Thanks.

Nobody thinks it is some "cult-like" atmosphere except for a few people that repetitively find something to gripe and complain about.

I find  much I appreciate about this band, and I'm not so immature, self-centered, and attention-deprived to employ deconstructive criticism in an attempt to degrade the band, it's management- et al, in an attempt to portray myself as knowledgeable, edgy, pseudo-witty, and faux popular.

I'm a fan, I enjoy this band, I have been to countless shows over many years and am looking forward to many more- If that paints me as some card-carrying cult member in some people's limited vision, so be it.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2015, 02:14:33 PM »

Conformity

Nope, intelligence loyalty and maturity.  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2015, 02:14:55 PM »

Definitely not that.

Some can whine about there not being enough Axl interviews, but when asked, they didn't even read all the available ones!

Lack of common sense is more accurate.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2015, 03:00:41 PM »

Hard to like the music without liking the band... no?

Some fans care seem to care more whether or not Axl is sleeping easier at night than he used to? Or if he has inner peace.. I'm sorry I don't care about that any more or less then he cares about my inner peace. Does that make me a bad guy or a bad fan? I don't know.

To get back a little to the orginial topic... I wouldn't change the perception's or views the world has of Axl... because it's part of why were all drawn to him originally anyway!

Axl Rose = Bad Ass Motherfucker...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2015, 03:13:34 PM »

I base that comment on repeated instances of you thinking once some indeterminate amount of time passes, such things should not be mentioned any longer.

You've gone down that road with any number of topics.  But, the common denominator is that they are all negative.  Really can't say I've seen you take something positive from however far back and say it should stopped being mentioned.

Hell, just yesterday.  You still want to talk about the KOHD single's proceeds, but not about Montreal.  We are talking about things that happened, quite literally, weeks apart.  One you will gladly discuss, one needs to be dismissed.  The motivation seems obvious.

No?

Hahahahahaha!

Poor you and your Pity Party (TM).

It's called DEAD HORSE. It's been there before you even showed up. It's there for a reason because people like you seem to find it interesting to dwell on the negative for decades. Others deal with it once and move on.

Some of us don't want you ruining every thread to be about the "lack of promotion" or "the reputation of canceling shows".
We have a special little tree house for people like yourself, we call it Dead Horse.

I find little interest in talking about Montreal 1992. Sorry. The only reason I brought up the single was because it was an example of something good. Because some of you don't know that Axl ever did anything good. It was just one example. It wasn't meant to create this debate where you can bring all the shit to the table and start your old "but this was wrong" routine all over again.

Your act all along has been to always spin everything and add something negative. I posted some good things, there you were pointing out the bad things. And then you think there's some kind of hidden motive.

The only motive is to keep people like you away from ruining every single thread with your "honest opinions" that we've heard for decades. You like the band music. Yes we know. Too bad you don't like the band enough to fit in here. And that's why you'll never feel welcome here no mater how much you cry about it.

/jarmo

The only thing I remember about Montreal was in 2010 the band played to a capacity crowd and it went off without a hitch with Axl having a blast!  The crowd was insane.  Glad I was there to see this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: