Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:48:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard: "There will be new music"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard: "There will be new music"  (Read 9843 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 07:39:28 PM »

So another year without new gnr music  Roll Eyes

Did Richard say that? Please elaborate.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 08:06:39 PM »

Why would it be tough To convience Axl to play in Cuba? 

Might just be something lost in translation.

I suspect Axl would be up for playing there. The place has a mystique to it, still does. But for how long?

/jarmo

I think Richard means that it still could be tough to arrange a big concert with a band like GN'R in Cuba. They've just opened up for American bands to come over. The Dead Daisies were among the first right, and the apparatus around them is nowhere near the size of GN'Rs. I think he speaks in terms of logistics.

Saw the interview with Conan on The Daily Show the other day, and he was talking about his trip to Cuba. There were a lot of trouble just because of the lack of technology development there.

Very few have access to the internet in Cuba, that's a challenge when you need to promote a huge concert. You're going back to the old days of print ads and the cost of doing it will come into play.

I don't think it had anything to do with Axl personally being reluctant to go there.

Sweetness is a virtue
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2015, 02:31:01 AM »

Personally, I hope its not the Album  Shocked

I'd sooner see a single released properly with great promotion, a real rocker that get the paying public enthused and wanting more...

Not sure what you meant. You don't hope we'll get an album this year?

As a greedy fan I would take an album over just a single any day
Spirit - so would I, and Baconman,  all I'm saying is that Richard said there would be new music, I guess that I'd like a bit of musical foreplay before a banging session  hihi I don't wanna go on a date already wearing a condom.

To me, the next album is the most important one for GnR since AFD.  I remember the buzz when PC and SCOM came out from that band, then once known I remember the anticipation for new music from the next album. Yes the band were at their peak of mass popularity then, music was more focused in the medium it was available and it was at a time where waiting for things was still an experience and not considered a sign of anything negative. Again, this is my view, I'd like to experience that again, and I'd like a song that hasn't been played live to hit the airwaves, one that has the charm and general appeal of PC or SCOM, where there is mass appeal for the song first and the band second. 

I'm like others in that I've been fed up with the nigh-sayers saying Gnr isn't GnR without Slash, Izzy or Duff yet when challenged cant name a single track from CD, including CD itself. Hence, wanting to rekindle the bands image as one that does still produce great music.  smoking
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2015, 07:56:14 AM »

So another year without new gnr music  Roll Eyes

Did Richard say that? Please elaborate.

After 5 years of no new music at all, they're still in the "we're recording, we're finishing it, i don't know how, where, why" phase. Plus bumble's gone. I personally don't care that much, but fact: richard and the other guys they count for nothing. If u wanna ask something about new music, ask axl  Wink
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2015, 08:38:03 AM »

I would imagine that it might be tough to get Axl to play in Cuba due to the amount of legal work still involved. Even though relations between the U.S. and Cuba has thaw a bit, it hasn't changed too much.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2015, 09:23:45 AM »

@The Wight Gunner - If they release a single with great promotion, I think the smart thing would be having an album come out not too long after. A stand-alone single could be great for a period of time, but I think it may backfire if they don't follow up with a bigger release within a reasonable amount of time. I think an EP could sustain for a longer period, if that's what they need.

If an album is coming, I think it's safe to say that at least one single will come out ahead of it. GNR have always done it in that "traditional" way haven't they?

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2015, 10:09:21 AM »

Look how many people have said over the years why not just release an EP as a placeholder?  Maybe they think it too.

Regardless, good interview.  Good news.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2015, 10:43:23 AM »

It would be fantastic to get an EP, maybe some remixes of CD plus a few brand new songs written by the current lineup.  Follow that up with a Double LP in 2016 with all CD session material  Follow that up with an LP by 2019 with all brand new material from the current lineup, written since 2010 or so.  Tour on and off from 2016 through 2020, with new legs each adding newly released material. AFD through UYI should be only half the set by the time they reach the end of the touring cycle.

Can you imagine what that would do for the fan base?  And its all possible, given the amount of material already written.  If they can just find a will and a way to finish writing, recording and coming to an agreement with the record company, that production between 2015 and 2019 is within reason.  Not sure if I'm being delusional, but its a nice dream.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2015, 10:49:18 AM »

Personally, I hope its not the Album  Shocked

I'd sooner see a single released properly with great promotion, a real rocker that get the paying public enthused and wanting more...

Not sure what you meant. You don't hope we'll get an album this year?

As a greedy fan I would take an album over just a single any day
Spirit - so would I, and Baconman,  all I'm saying is that Richard said there would be new music, I guess that I'd like a bit of musical foreplay before a banging session  hihi I don't wanna go on a date already wearing a condom.

To me, the next album is the most important one for GnR since AFD.  I remember the buzz when PC and SCOM came out from that band, then once known I remember the anticipation for new music from the next album. Yes the band were at their peak of mass popularity then, music was more focused in the medium it was available and it was at a time where waiting for things was still an experience and not considered a sign of anything negative. Again, this is my view, I'd like to experience that again, and I'd like a song that hasn't been played live to hit the airwaves, one that has the charm and general appeal of PC or SCOM, where there is mass appeal for the song first and the band second. 

I'm like others in that I've been fed up with the nigh-sayers saying Gnr isn't GnR without Slash, Izzy or Duff yet when challenged cant name a single track from CD, including CD itself. Hence, wanting to rekindle the bands image as one that does still produce great music.  smoking
I agree.  Guns most important album is the next one.  Especially for Axls confidence.    They really need a hit
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2015, 01:57:04 PM »

It will be interesting to see how the next release will be received. The pressure and expectations is nowhere near the ones of Chinese Democracy. I think the next one may actually stand a chance with the general public.

Sweetness is a virtue
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2015, 10:43:41 PM »

I am confused. You have Dizzy saying that many songs were recorded ling ago and now just have to be selected and maybe mastered. You have DJ who basically says the same, that the songs for a new album are already recorded. And now you have Richard who says they are recording new songs. I am not saying that (recording new songs) is bad, but which is it? The songs are recorded and have only to be picked and ordered, or that new music has to be recorded? It is important because it impacts the timeline for a new album release. 

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2015, 11:20:26 PM »

I am confused. You have Dizzy saying that many songs were recorded ling ago and now just have to be selected and maybe mastered. You have DJ who basically says the same, that the songs for a new album are already recorded. And now you have Richard who says they are recording new songs. I am not saying that (recording new songs) is bad, but which is it? The songs are recorded and have only to be picked and ordered, or that new music has to be recorded? It is important because it impacts the timeline for a new album release. 

Why can't it be both, all of the above?

There are songs already recorded as well as new music to be recorded and worked on, I don't see where one is mutually exclusive of the other.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2015, 01:33:52 AM »

Why can't it be both, all of the above?

There are songs already recorded as well as new music to be recorded and worked on, I don't see where one is mutually exclusive of the other.

I think he meant new to fans, not to the band....
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2015, 10:40:28 AM »

Good Interview

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2015, 10:49:32 AM »

Fair question.

Puts the fans in a weird spot too.  We have to hope he's mistaken, basically. 

If its taken a further 7 years to even decide on a tracklist from what's done, can you really root for new recordings?  Is that going to do anything but slow things down?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2015, 11:31:37 AM »

If its taken a further 7 years to even decide on a tracklist from what's done, can you really root for new recordings?  Is that going to do anything but slow things down?

7 years to decide on a track list? I hardly think that's been the sole reason for any delay. I'm sure there are things that we don't know about.

I can understand the frustration of the fans when we base our reasoning for the cause of the delay on the stuff known publicly. But, if you think a tad rationally, there have to be other factors playing in. Otherwise it would be insane, and I don't think that's the case.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2015, 12:27:14 PM »

7 years to decide on a track list? I hardly think that's been the sole reason for any delay. I'm sure there are things that we don't know about.

I can understand the frustration of the fans when we base our reasoning for the cause of the delay on the stuff known publicly. But, if you think a tad rationally, there have to be other factors playing in. Otherwise it would be insane, and I don't think that's the case.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I know all those talking points.

But a lot of this comes down to how seriously we are supposed to take these comments.  It seems to fluctuate as it suits the argument at the time.

When I say that its taken 7 years to decide a tracklist, its because we have been told time and again this stuff is already recorded.  But to anyone who doesn't want to discuss that, we are told to not take that literally.  And while you think that would open up some other things those same people have said to scrutiny, I find it does not.

Sometimes take what they say literally.  Sometimes give wiggle room.  Seems to depend on who is scoring that fight and what side of things they tend to err on the side of at that moment.

But the main bullet point being that if they are still doing and recording new stuff for this supposed next album, we might as well adjust expectations accordingly, given the track record.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:30:45 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2015, 12:43:48 PM »

I've got nothing to say about any of these interviews anymore... They are very repetitive.. and don't offer too much. I'll be hopeful for a new release when it's given an official release date.

I don't know if it was lost in translation or not... but Richard mentioning possibly an EP or a single or something sounds great to me, and is the one new thing in this interview... but in the past that suggestion has been poo poo'd with the theory the label would not support that.. so who knows.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2015, 12:44:22 PM »

I am aware it's taken a long time since the last record, and it's of course not a situation that I, as a fan, am happy about. There's been "promises" of new music for some time now, and I realize that those previous comments by band members don't look too good in the eyes of the fans at the moment. Axl's comments last year weighs a bit more I guess, so I choose to still be quite optimistic for this year.

Given Richards statement (believe it or don't believe it, I guess), they are finishing it. It doesn't sound like they've just started recording now. Let's see what happens, nothing else we can do really...

Just one more thing. Richard never said they were recording new songs, he said they were recording. Could be some additional stuff to the Chinese songs. Not saying it's the case, but it's a possibility.

Sweetness is a virtue
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2015, 12:50:55 PM »

I am aware it's taken a long time since the last record, and it's of course not a situation that I, as a fan, am happy about. There's been "promises" of new music for some time now, and I realize that those previous comments by band members don't look too good in the eyes of the fans at the moment. Axl's comments last year weighs a bit more I guess, so I choose to still be quite optimistic for this year.

Given Richards statement (believe it or don't believe it, I guess), they are finishing it. It doesn't sound like they've just started recording now. Let's see what happens, nothing else we can do really...

Just one more thing. Richard never said they were recording new songs, he said they were recording. Could be some additional stuff to the Chinese songs. Not saying it's the case, but it's a possibility.

Yeah I agree with all that. There just isn't anything to add anymore to the discussion. I'm not saying that in negative way. At this point I think all we can do is just keep waiting...for now anyway.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: