Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:38:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard: "There will be new music"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard: "There will be new music"  (Read 9841 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: February 28, 2015, 02:10:45 PM »

First off, a very special thanks to manfisman over at GNR Truth for translating this interview to English!

http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/thread/2876/new-richard-interview-talks-music

?Being in Cuba is a lifetime experience. Something I never thought it could happen?, pointed Fortus,  who studied in South Illinois University.

? How did a Saint Louis, Missouri's boy follow the rock-path when he was surrounded by Jazz?
? It's a long story. In Saint Louis you listen to Chuck Berry and others that were born there. There is certainly a lot of blues in town, but it is also a rock and roll city, not just jazz.

? You mention Jazz and I know you love blues, is there any not fulfilled about it?
? I love blues and jazz. They are part of my life. I grew up with them. I don't think I'm done with both stlyes, it would not make sense. I play those a lot, you know. I do it with orchestras in the US. I don't have intentios of playing solo, but I like playing with groups of this genre like Kim Massey and others.

? How much bands like Pale Divine, The Psychedalic Furs and Love Spit Love did influence your playing?
? All of those groups are part of me. I wrote song for them. I'm proud of have participated in those gropus, even though now I am with Guns n? Roses and The Dead Daisies.

? The 2000s were amazing for you: You joined Guns N' Roses. What was the first thought that come through your mind when you were told 'You are part of the band'?
? It was a long time ago. I think it's been like 13 years. They gave me the news almost at the end of 2001. What effect it had? I had a little doubts. Obviously, I knew who they were, and the band members and their work, wich I liked a lot. It was different than other groups. But it was also another style, a lot different than what I was doing. However, I was very happy because I had friends in the group and I would play with them.

In that time Tommy Stinson, Robin Finck and Bryan Mantia were very good friends of mine. To me it was an interesting experience and I wanted to be a part of it.

? Guns N' Roses has marked hard rock in a phenomenal way. How is the band doing right now? There will be any new album?
? We are recording right now. We are finishing it. Right now we are thinking of releasing something new this year. I don't know if a full album, but there will be new music. And the band is doing great!

? Guns N' Roses would come to Cuba someday?
? I hope so. When we return home, we are going to talk great about this experience here in Cuba.

? Maybe you could convince Axl of coming
? I'll try. It's gonna be tough, but with what The Dead Daisies has been doing here, it will open the road to others bands to come here.

Original source (spanish): http://www.juventudrebelde.cu/cultura/2015-02-27/espero-venir-con-guns-n-roses-a-cuba/

« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 02:12:28 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 02:25:29 PM »

Good interview!

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 02:27:48 PM »

Yeah, I must say there's a lot of positives in there.

He mentions that there will be new music, but maybe not a full album. I assume he's talking about the plans for this year. Maybe we'll see an EP or at least a single coming soon.

Sweetness is a virtue
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 02:57:38 PM »

Interesting about the possibility of something less than a full album.  With the amount of material we've heard about, I wonder if its more of an economic thing?  I'd take anything at this point, even a new single. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 03:03:45 PM »

Don't know if it's an economic thing, but it could be a way of getting something out there sooner rather than later. As we don't know much of what material they're planning on releasing it's hard to say.

He's talking about recording, so I think we can assume he's talking about brand new material. Maybe he speaks in relation to something less than an album in the wait for the album containing material written by the current line-up. The album recorded by the previous line-up could be a separate thing, just hanging there until Axl feels it's the right time to release.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 03:16:29 PM »

Why would it be tough To convience Axl to play in Cuba?  I have been to cuba twice.   It's a great country

Also when Richard said they are recording right now   Why couldn't the intervier of asked.  How are you recording now if you are in Cuba and all the other hand members seem to be travelling the world with there other bands.   A follow up question would of been great
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 03:19:08 PM »

Also when Richard said they are recording right now   Why couldn't the intervier of asked.  How are you recording now if you are in Cuba and all the other hand members seem to be travelling the world with there other bands.   A follow up question would of been great

Judging by the info we have and knowing the history of the band, it's not unusual for them to record by themselves and sending the material back and forth between each other. I think all of the band members have their own home studios.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 03:26:56 PM »

Judging by the info we have and knowing the history of the band, it's not unusual for them to record by themselves and sending the material back and forth between each other. I think all of the band members have their own home studios.

Ya I don't want to turn this nice possitive interview negative 

But they would now have to not only have to have home studios but also portable home studios

And as e have all read that axl likes to take bits and pieces from recordings from each member and turn that into his vision.

I would like to ask when was the last time we heard a current member say they have sent in material to axl.  The last one I rmember was years ago with Dj

I really don't think that's what's going on right now

To get back to possitive though   This is another sign we may hear new music this year!  And that would be great.  Mb an EP with 4 remix songs and 4 new songs.  In the style of the album lies...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 03:33:31 PM »

But they would now have to not only have to have home studios but also portable home studios

There's also the possibility of renting studio time while on the road. Just a possibility..

I would like to ask when was the last time we heard a current member say they have sent in material to axl.  The last one I rmember was years ago with Dj

I really don't think that's what's going on right now

I'm not sure if any of the other members have actually mentioned that they are sending in material to Axl. Doesn't mean they don't do it, though.. It just hasn't come up in interviews as far as I can remember.

To get back to possitive though   This is another sign we may hear new music this year!  And that would be great.  Mb an EP with 4 remix songs and 4 new songs.  In the style of the album lies...

It sounds quite positive, I agree. An EP this year would be the second best thing to happen. Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 03:37:26 PM »

I gotta say it's nice to read this kind of positive interview, Richard seems to be really hopeful about releasing some new music soon.. Interesting to see what will really happen in the end, fingers crossed as always!!  peace

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 03:45:00 PM »

Don't know if it's an economic thing, but it could be a way of getting something out there sooner rather than later. As we don't know much of what material they're planning on releasing it's hard to say.

He's talking about recording, so I think we can assume he's talking about brand new material. Maybe he speaks in relation to something less than an album in the wait for the album containing material written by the current line-up. The album recorded by the previous line-up could be a separate thing, just hanging there until Axl feels it's the right time to release.

So if the interview was done in broken English than translated to Spanish then translated back to English I could see a few things getting missed in translation.  That's why I won't get to hung up on the comment.  They are recording now

I would hope that what he meant, was Axl is just finishing up the album/already recorded songs 

As if he meant they are currently recording.  Via renting studio space on the road and sending in tapes to axl. You can't possibly beleive that we would see any of that this year?! 
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 03:58:37 PM »

Could be something lost in translation of course.

As if he meant they are currently recording.  Via renting studio space on the road and sending in tapes to axl. You can't possibly beleive that we would see any of that this year?! 

Well, the thing is we don't know 100% what material they are working on. It could also be they are recording finishing touches on the Chinese material.

If they indeed are open to the idea of an EP release or something similar, I could totally believe that they are recording new songs (say 4 songs) and getting them released this year. If they are focused and are really going for it, it can be done.

Of course we can bring up the track record of (the lack of) getting things released, but unfortunately we don't know the specifics of how everything went down previously. Like how focused they've been working on the album in between touring. Have they worked on it at all? Have there been a lot of outside factors disturbing the creative process... things like that. We don't know.

If they now (finally) have freed up the path to releasing stuff by getting rid of whatever hurdles being there previously, maybe we'll see a more "normal" process in the future.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:02:56 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 04:03:53 PM »

Could be something lost in translation of course.

Well, the thing is we don't know 100% what material they are working on. It could also be they are recording finishing touches on the Chinese material.

If they indeed are open to the idea of an EP release or something similar, I could totally believe that they are recording new songs (say 4 songs) and getting them released this year. If they are focused and are really going for it, it can be done.

Of course we can bring up the track record of (the lack of) getting things released, but unfortunately we don't know the specifics of how everything went down previously. Like how focused they've been on working on the album in between touring. Have they worked on it at all? Have there been a lot of outside factors disturbing the creative process... things like that. We don't know.

If they now (finally) have freed up the path to releasing stuff by getting rid of whatever hurdles being there previously, maybe we'll see a more "normal" process in the future.

I agree with you

I think right after summer early fall will be a very interesting time for guns n roses
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 04:39:58 PM »

Personally, I hope its not the Album  Shocked

I'd sooner see a single released properly with great promotion, a real rocker that get the paying public enthused and wanting more...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 04:48:44 PM »

I'd sooner see a single released properly with great promotion, a real rocker that get the paying public enthused and wanting more...

Not sure what you meant. You don't hope we'll get an album this year?

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 06:22:38 PM »

Not sure what you meant. You don't hope we'll get an album this year?

As a greedy fan I would take an album over just a single any day
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 06:26:10 PM »

Why would it be tough To convience Axl to play in Cuba? 

Might just be something lost in translation.

I suspect Axl would be up for playing there. The place has a mystique to it, still does. But for how long?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 07:01:35 PM »

I think that it would be a great chance for GN'R to play in Cuba because their is a huge sub-culture their.

And the gig from the Dead Daisies was just awesome.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:03:09 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 07:03:41 PM »

So another year without new gnr music  Roll Eyes
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 07:27:47 PM »

Why would it be tough To convience Axl to play in Cuba? 

Might just be something lost in translation.

I suspect Axl would be up for playing there. The place has a mystique to it, still does. But for how long?

/jarmo

I think if Guns play there, even one show it would be huge even in the future.  I am not sure time will play a role.  Only thing is how long will the good nature of relations between US and Cuba exist. That could have a say in it..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: