Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:27:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Billy Corgan and Kid Rock mention Axl in interviews
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Billy Corgan and Kid Rock mention Axl in interviews  (Read 9406 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 11:48:56 AM »

It's a shame I have never found a good youtube of Kid Rock performing with Axl at Hammerstein ballroom in 06. I was there that night, anybody have a good clip somewhere?

Hmmm...maybe? I have all the DVD's of those shows.  What was the date? I'll try to hunt down that show and see if the source is any good.

May 17th 2006... they did Nightrain w Izzy and Kid Rock

I'll take a peek over the next few days.....

I thought all those shows were widely available 'cause of the dvds.

OK, I found it.  Video isn't great, but the audio source is pretty good.  Now I have to find out how to convert it out of VOB, into mpeg, and snip down to JUST the Nightrain segment (complete with false start).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 12:26:40 PM »

You have a decent audio source for that 5/17/06 show?

The only one I ever found sucked.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 12:28:15 PM »

You have a decent audio source for that 5/17/06 show?

The only one I ever found sucked.

It's not great, but it's not terrible. It's the NYC Bitch Committee DVD. I'm going to TRY to post a clip (we'll see, video editing isn't my thing).

All I have for "tools" is movie maker. Saving on the HD setting, but...we'll see how much degradation we get, too.

Together again,
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2015, 12:34:25 PM »

I would love to see Axl and Kid Rock release a song together. I think they would sound pretty awesome!

Definitely agree with you on that. I mentioned back in December that if Axl was going to do a duet with someone on the side, Kid Rock would be a good choice. I wonder if Kid Rock has ever asked him "Hey man, would you do a song with me?". And I wonder if Axl would do it. Better yet, throw Willie Nelson in the mix too. That might get it some airplay on country music stations, it could spread like wildfire.

As for Billy Corgan, I've always been a fan of his. Cool opportunity to see what he thinks about Axl. And wouldn't you know it, he had good things to say. Kid Rock as well. Very cool thread here, thanks for sharing!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2015, 12:58:22 PM »

Uploading to mediafire, now.

The conversion (via Movie Maker) def saw some degradation.  Audio is still pretty good (better from the source DVD, but...still good). The video took more of a hit...so cruddy video looks even worse.

Still, I'll share as soon as it's uploaded.

About 500 MB, so it'll take a bit.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2015, 01:30:49 PM »

Hopefully, this works. Sorry if there are ads or anything via mediafire. It's the best site I've got access to, where I am:

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/ym4fdnhr19p51ux/GnRHammerstein51706Nighttrain.mp4

Together again,
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2015, 01:34:17 PM »

Hopefully, this works. Sorry if there are ads or anything via mediafire. It's the best site I've got access to, where I am:

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/ym4fdnhr19p51ux/GnRHammerstein51706Nighttrain.mp4

Comes up just fine here. NO adds!:D

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 11:34:30 AM »

Kid Rock rose to Axl Rose?s defense in a rangy talk with Rolling Stone that also covered his opinions on Jimmy Buffett, post-concert sex and Beyonce, among many other topics.
Of the oft-criticized Guns N? Roses frontman, Kid Rock said, ?I was like, ?Why does everyone think this guy?s a d?? He?s the nicest guy on Earth!??

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/kid-rock-axl-rose-comment/

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 12:26:41 PM »

" By definition a rock star is supposed to be an independent individual who pursues a vision to an end ? an Axl Rose, an Elton John. And a pop star is supposed to do whatever they can do to pray at some horrible idol of fame which is ubiquitous and fleeting. And that contradiction to me is why everyone should stay on their own side of the street."

Read complete Article here:

http://www.nme.com/news/smashing-pumpkins/83143

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 12:37:32 PM »

That's interesting. A lot of musicians who might be labeled rock stars really dislike the label.

But then a lot of music fans love that aspect of the God like rock stars. Except when it doesn't fit their schedules.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2015, 03:22:57 PM »

A duet with Kid Rock Huh? Noooo way !!! That would be the end of Axl ever having credibility as a serious artist , Kid Rock is a joke FFs , Billy Corgan is a bit of a moaning hard done by pain but he's a very talented musician , Axl doing something with him would be interesting and I imagine very arty !
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2015, 04:58:25 PM »

Something with Kid Rock might be fun.

That's how I would describe Kid Rock's music.  No, its not brilliant.  But its fun.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2015, 04:13:46 AM »

The more I think of it.  Any work with kid rock would not be good

The dude was a tour pig in the mid 2000s

Made money

Then his biggest pay day was a song with sheral crow   

Then what??

What has happend since?

Nothing.    So we cando better
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2015, 09:59:36 AM »

love"
The more I think of it.  Any work with kid rock would not be good

The dude was a tour pig in the mid 2000s

Made money

Then his biggest pay day was a song with sheral crow   

Then what??

What has happend since?

Nothing.    So we cando better
He had a massive hit with "All Summer Long" not too long ago. "Rock and Roll Jesus" was quite a successful album. His last few tours have been $20 tickets for fans, cheaper parking, concessions, and merch. Very fan friendly. I don't understand the hate the guy gets. Maybe that's why he sympathizes with Axl.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2015, 10:55:57 AM »

I was pleasantly surprised with Kid Rock's contributions to "I Hold On? on Slash?s self titled record.
Beyond that though, the next good song he writes will be his second.
mortismurphy
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2015, 02:49:01 PM »

Yes, I Hold On was great. I do not really dislike him but it is difficult to disassociate him from that rap-rock boom of the '90s.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2015, 03:04:52 PM »

I don't care too much for his music... but you know whats funny...like he said... he is the opposite of Axl and Eminem in terms of personality...

IF he was more like them in terms of..."personality"...he would be seen as having more "cred"

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2015, 03:17:34 PM »

Yes, I Hold On was great. I do not really dislike him but it is difficult to disassociate him from that rap-rock boom of the '90s.

Somewhat.

But if you asked people in 1999, they'd have forecasted this guy for a 20 minute career.  Its amazing he's been able to endure through re-invention.

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2015, 03:22:40 PM »

He seems like a nice enough guy, but I think I?d probably prefer Axl remain on his semipermanent vacation from the studio than hear him collaborate with the man responsible for the lyrics, Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy (6x).

I still can?t wrap my head around the fact that someone wrote those lyrics, in real life, then had the balls/audacity to sing them out loud, fucking record them, and then charge people money for a copy!
Not only that, but people did, they actually said, hey that song sounds good to me, I gotta have it, think I?ll get in my car or ride my bike down to the local strawberries and willingly hand the man behind the counter $15.99 for that on CD. That?s around the same time I realized there was absolutely no hope for the human race. None.

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2015, 04:12:29 PM »

Kid Rock said he hung out with Axl when he lived in Malibu (I'm sure cigars were smoked) but said he never heard from him when he moved to Michigan, he thinks it's because he worked with Slash on a song that he stopped hearing from him.

He's right in comparing himself to Jimmy Buffett or Skynyrd, and I'd add The Beach Boys, KISS & Garth Brooks. He found something that works for his voice and style. The down side is that it becomes cookie cutter and predictable.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: